Guild of Dungeoneering Mafia (Game Over)

ActionDan
ActionDan
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
ActionDan
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #3 (isolation #0) » Thu Aug 06, 2015 5:50 pm

Post by ActionDan »

/confirm.

This is going to be a very strange game.

No regrets
I'll give you a moment to let that sink in
ActionDan
ActionDan
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
ActionDan
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #73 (isolation #1) » Fri Aug 07, 2015 12:28 pm

Post by ActionDan »

So Dominator, are you trying to tell us you're an evil person?
ActionDan
ActionDan
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
ActionDan
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #76 (isolation #2) » Fri Aug 07, 2015 1:30 pm

Post by ActionDan »

well apparently "stupid" is one of the 8 skill trees according to kindness that he gets his status from. Not that any of the other 3(!) claimed that's where they are getting theirs from.

Actually, um, to za millers, are any of you terrible bad people and that's why you're millers?
ActionDan
ActionDan
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
ActionDan
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #79 (isolation #3) » Fri Aug 07, 2015 1:46 pm

Post by ActionDan »

I am like pretty not evil
ActionDan
ActionDan
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
ActionDan
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #87 (isolation #4) » Fri Aug 07, 2015 4:05 pm

Post by ActionDan »

In post 58, Firebringer wrote:
In post 53, TheDominator37 wrote:4 millers to be exact (I've seen the role list)
VOTE: fire
He's also scum and told me to bus him ;)

Okay, are you game throwing town?

UNVOTE: thedominator

I am so confused by Dom.

Is he scum giving up and trying to go for mislynch on me before it's over?
Trolling town?

Wtf?

Why did you unvote here?
ActionDan
ActionDan
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
ActionDan
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #89 (isolation #5) » Fri Aug 07, 2015 4:30 pm

Post by ActionDan »

Is he? What about that possibility of scum giving up, etc?
ActionDan
ActionDan
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
ActionDan
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #115 (isolation #6) » Sat Aug 08, 2015 5:50 am

Post by ActionDan »

In post 90, Firebringer wrote:
In post 89, ActionDan wrote:Is he? What about that possibility of scum giving up, etc?

I don't think scum give up this early. I think he would be mod killed if he was serious.

Then why did you mention it as a possibility when you unvoted? (Also modkillng someone for that is premature)
In post 91, TheDominator37 wrote:
In post 89, ActionDan wrote:Is he? What about that possibility of scum giving up, etc?

Give up before the game even starts?

This is not an opinion I hold
In post 102, BipolarChemist wrote:

i really dont know on this one. like. is it too absurd? i dont wanna bring myself down that wifom road. i think im gonna have to stick it into mostly null for now. its bothersome but like. idfk how to read that.

It's null.
ActionDan
ActionDan
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
ActionDan
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #117 (isolation #7) » Sat Aug 08, 2015 7:08 am

Post by ActionDan »

In post 116, TheDominator37 wrote:That what is the opinion you hold actiondan? You have been quite vague

In post 115, ActionDan wrote:
It's null.
ActionDan
ActionDan
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
ActionDan
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #129 (isolation #8) » Sat Aug 08, 2015 1:44 pm

Post by ActionDan »

^ if only it were so easy. But it's not, and Triforce's posts and vote and lack of unvote thereafter isn't condemnation worthy apart from it being a waste of an RVS vote.
ActionDan
ActionDan
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
ActionDan
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #301 (isolation #9) » Tue Aug 11, 2015 3:46 pm

Post by ActionDan »

Reading up
ActionDan
ActionDan
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
ActionDan
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #430 (isolation #10) » Thu Aug 13, 2015 7:56 pm

Post by ActionDan »

I'm Gonna snipe some of you guys' posts that I was reading last night, before (at some point) read the last 5ish pages

In post 130, Shazam wrote:Post 128 is a great post. VOTE: TriforceP

ActionDan wrote:^ if only it were so easy. But it's not, and Triforce's posts and vote and lack of unvote thereafter isn't condemnation worthy apart from it being a waste of an RVS vote.

This seems to be saying that because it's early in the game, nobody can have a good reason for voting someone. Do you not think we have to start somewhere? If you do think we have to start somewhere, why would you be criticizing instead of helping to put pressure on?

No, no it does not say anything of the sort, at all, in any sense, etc. Also "starting somewhere" is never going to be more meritorious or weighty than the reason why "something started", similarly, putting pressure on someone is not a worthy endeavor when you don't agree with the pressure
In post 131, Yosarian2 wrote:
In post 129, ActionDan wrote:^ if only it were so easy. But it's not, and Triforce's posts and vote and lack of unvote thereafter isn't condemnation worthy apart from it being a waste of an RVS vote.

Voting someone because you don't like their claim is not a RVS vote, pretty much by definition.

For that matter, if you RVS someone and then later decide that they're probably town, you unvote. Keeping a vote on someone you think is town is not ok, especially when you can't even justify why you're doing it.

Not everyone plays by the book of "making optimal use of your vote and playing like a townie should". My motto is that townies are weird, and that explains this behavior. I maintain that even claiming a vote is RVS when by definition it's not is not that big a deal, nor is not unvoting it. I find it clear that both and these actions (or non-action in the case of not unvoting) were made to soften the conviction behind that vote in the first place

In post 133, znitzchel wrote:

ActionDan wrote:^ if only it were so easy. But it's not, and Triforce's posts and vote and lack of unvote thereafter isn't condemnation worthy apart from it being a waste of an RVS vote.

Another one defending another player...why can't Triforce be given a chance to explain himself? At best you're undermining the play of another player...at worst you're scum...in which case carry on.

Did you see something in there stopping him? But yes I'm undermining the case because I don't agree with it. I don't remember this ever being something I should refrain from doing, considering it's an integral component of the game.

Shitty vote and post, but I'm not concerned anymore based on what comes after
In post 161, znitzchel wrote:
In post 137, Firebringer wrote:have you seen dom play?

Nothing so far has suprised me except for him claiming he was scum and I was his partner.

Which really shouldn't have.

Don't try to appeal to my sense of meta, cause I don't have one. Have you seen Dom play right now? First yeah he makes the claiming scum joke in his first post. But what you need to understand is that I'm not calling him scum for what he said, I'm calling him scum for how he said it. He jokingly claims scum then immediately in the same post walks it back to a town claim. Why is that significant? Because I think in his mind he was afraid if he didn't do that he'd be accused of being scum. Something that a scum player is way more concerned with than a town one. And hey when you are scum,claiming scum during RVS is a little bit amusing. I've done it before, I know other players on this site (maybe even this playerlist) have done it before. I know what you might be thinking "Bone, this is a relatively minor thing". And in a vacuum yes, this is a minor thing.

But then I look at Dom's language. You have called Dom a "flippant" player. But to me it's very plain he's not being flippant cause he's town, he's being very non-commital because he's scum. There is a difference between the two modes of play. You'll see more flippant town players constantly change their votes, accusing players willy-nilly, and the like. Dom is not doing that. Instead he is using very hesitant language, and he is justifying things he's gonna do before he's gonna do them. I see a player trying to cover his own ass in hopes of not being scumread for the scum things he thinks he has to do/is going to do.

It's interesting that you continued to defend him without knowing why he's being scumread in detail, and that's a problem for me. Your naked vote on me in #141 leaves a lot to be desired, but I'm sure you'll explain that one after the fact...right?

I have no idea how anyone could read this much into a bat-shit insane herp-a-derp like Dom
In post 183, BBmolla wrote:^scum

poor judgement
In post 186, Muffin wrote:Catching up. Yos2 and Quaroath seem p town.

Certainly not at this point

Pretty townie post
In post 205, TriforceP wrote:My thought process is that I'm having a hard time setting up hard reads for mself this game. All I didn't like about your claim was your placement, much like trying to take scum out of a bandwagon. The reason I have yet to argue for other lynches is for two reasons.
1) I have no others I'm currently willing to ride
2) I have literally one reason for this vote

And I get that you guys are blaming me for the Kindness vote. I really do. But I explained it as well as I could, and if that doesn't work for you than oh well.

And I apologize for the constant complaints about no replies. I admit to not giving a lot of time in between those, and I definitely should've waited longer.

Followed by an even townier post
In post 206, Xtoxm wrote:I'm gonna VOTE: Yos, his case on Tri feels contrived and makes me question his motives.

The Shazam vote on the wagon is also suspect.

Followed by a decently town post
In post 211, Oversoul wrote:Should we tree claim?

In post 212, Oversoul wrote:If multiple people are millers for being on the Stupid tree, then we might be able to predict future types of powers/actions.

No. I'm sure people can manipulate their claims so that being on a tree wouldn't hinder fakeclaims that much while the type of town power people have will be exposed for scum to counter
In post 230, Shazam wrote:
In post 228, Oversoul wrote:
In post 213, Xtoxm wrote:
In post 212, Oversoul wrote:If multiple people are millers for being on the Stupid tree, then we might be able to predict future types of powers/actions.

This sounds entirely plausible. We could tree claim and work out what type role everyone is.

For your next trick, please explain how this benefits the town.

Mainly locking scum into more defined roles that way they can't fake claim to victory.

You think the mod has set a game up where locking in scum to more defined roles will help us catch them in a significant way?

Don't like this objection. invoking the mod to denounce the part of this idea that actually would help. Whether it's significant or not shouldn't matter in it's consideration

Pretty town post

Pretty town post, the beef before with kindness is still leaves me scratching my head, but w/e
In post 260, Shazam wrote:I can't say I know what Kindness is getting at, but I can say that vezok's responses seem overly guarded. It's almost as if there's something he really doesn't want to admit, but he feels he has to sort of play along. But maybe it's just that I don't really agree with him.
Well the questions are weird as fuck so I'd assume that's why. shitty post in general.

Well after that I'm down to
VOTE: Shazam

It's practically interchangeable with a Yos vote through since I haven't found Yos striking any town cords after his case.

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”