If
you do not have the time or patience to read the whole thread
do not play

I will not compensate for ignorance

Stolen(before editing) from Booney ToonzII
Ancient philosophy revised
:

The Basics:

1] You may have other directives that drive you, but aspiring to win should be secondary to none.
2] Do not take screenshots or directly quote any of the PMs that I send you. Doing so will result in a mod-kill. Pretending to break this rule is the same as actually breaking it. You may paraphrase, but use caution. When in doubt, run it by me first.
3] Do not edit any of your posts, if you have the ability to do so.
4] Do not use encrypted text, hidden text, small text, or any other hard-to-read text when posting..
5] Once you have been lynched or killed, you are out of the game. Do not post anymore until the game is over. That means no "Bah!" posts, please.
6] Do not talk about this game with anybody else outside of this thread unless your role PM explicitly says that you can.
7] Aspire to good sportsmanship. Please don't be a jerk to your fellow players. My subjective take on personal attacks is that on the internet, especially in games about lynching, shooting and stabbing where you have to put in considerable effort just to participate let alone deliver an astute performance, obnoxious and poorly argued discrediting of intellectual investment is way more detrimental to enjoyment than derogatory names, insults and flaming. Bearing anonymity in mind I wouldn't censor expression to shield impressionable people from taking vulgarity too personal. But I refrain from imposing my way of seeing it. Heated discussion is fine, but vehement personal attacks, insults and flaming are not. If I feel that your behavior is preventing other players from enjoying the game, I reserve the right to force-replace or mod-kill you.
8] Do not talk about ongoing games. Easy peasy.

Day, Night, and Twilight:

9]
Each Day phase will last for 8 days apiece
and each Night phase will last for two days. I will post specific deadlines in the game thread at the start of every Day and Night phase.
10] Players may continue to talk during Twilight, including the player that has been lynched.
11] If you do not send me your Night action before the specified deadline, I will assume that you are not performing an action on that Night.
12] If you know you will be unavailable during a Night phase, you may send me your night action during the preceding Day phase if you so desire.
13] Deadline extension requests will be considered on a case-by-case basis.

Voting:

14] Please post all votes and unvotes using either the bold tag or the vote tag. Nicknames are fine, as long as I can understand them. Votes should look like this:
Vote:NakedJogger
or VOTE: NJ
15] Unvotes are helpful, but not necessary.
16] Please refrain from engaging in any kind of voting trickery. If it looks like a vote, I'm counting it as a vote.
17] A lynch will only occur when a majority (more than 50% of all possible votes) is reached. The number of votes needed to hammer will be included with every vote count.
18] If a majority is not reached by the deadline, there will be no lynch on that Day.
19] Once a hammer occurs, no votes or unvotes will prevent the lynch from happening.
20] You may VOTE: No Lynch to end the Day with no lynch (which will also require a majority). You may VOTE: Draw to end the game in a draw (which will require 100% agreement from all living players) if you wish to insult me.

Activity:

21] You will be expected to post at least once every 48 hours. If you go more than 48 hours without posting, you will be prodded.
22] If you receive a prod, you will have 24 hours to post in the game thread. If you do not respond to your prod within 24 hours, you will be replaced. Additionally, if I have to prod you more than
two
times, you will be replaced.
23] If you know that you will have limited access to the game for more than a few days, please let me know either in the thread or via PM.

Communication with the Moderator:

24] I am perfect and the "mistakes" I make are my way of empathizing with stupidity. Nevertheless I will correct any errors you might notice regarding vote counts, deadlines, or anything else related to the game.
25] I will not answer any role-related questions in the game thread. If you have any questions about your role, the (theoretical) roles of any other players in the game, or (theoretical) role interactions, send me a PM. Do not try to trick me into confirming a player's role. I will not be amused.
26] If you need to get my attention, just include @Mod in your post. Also, bolding will help catch my eye.

Miscellaneous:

27] If you have any problems with another player, send me a PM and I will do my best to resolve the issue. If you like me take my personal views in the seventh rule to heart.
28] If a player is mod-killed during the Day phase, then that Day will end immediately.
29]
Don't post like this!

30] The flavor text is for entertainment purposes only. Analyze it at your own risk.
31] Do not ask me to mod-kill, force-replace, or discipline any other player in the game. That is my decision to make, not yours.
32] As the moderator, my word is final. Please respect my instructions and my decisions.
33] I reserve the right to change these rules during the game if necessary. If this happens, I will inform everybody of the rule change in the thread.
34] In addition to these rules, all site-wide rules also apply.
35] Claiming color code is prohibited.
36] I live in Romania, but the deadlines will be convenient for US Americans: 5 PM California, 8 PM New York, 00:00 UTC.

Sample Role PM

At least one person received this PM

Aloha!

You are a
Vanilla Townie
. You have a voice and a vote. You win when all threats to the town are eliminated.

Game thread is here. Confirm by replying to this PM with your role followed by "HUUUUUUT!"
Last edited by FakedBlogger on Mon Aug 31, 2015 4:30 am, edited 26 times in total.
FakedBlogger
FakedBlogger
Goon
FakedBlogger
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2 (isolation #1) » Mon Aug 10, 2015 4:15 pm

Post by FakedBlogger »

'Step right in ladies and gentlemen, you'll feel right at home here', the bearded bouncer in a wombat pajama says, not addressing you in particular at first but postliminary rousing a lynchian vexation as he rictus-grins in your face. You back away, he turns away, fuck it, you enter.

Side-faced, eyes lowered, his choleric voice fading 'Whether you're a local hammerhead or a tourist, who either immersed himself in Pula's largesse premeditatedly and sapiently commuTED HERE, or by chance, expecting to visit the Game of Thrones filming locations, having taken a wrong turn, wound up at our connector involuntarily - by design, ignorance or nonchalance having missed to come hither at a most significant period in our egg's gyration by exactly 24 hours -' you notice this place's acoustic idiosyncrasy, 'The Womb does not discriminate -innate -eight', such an otherworldly reverberation greeting your induction as you escalate the entry isthmus.

Wow, dat majestic, dome-shaped ceiling hosts an entrancing planetarium projection, real-time and locus-fidelitous made up of a sorcerous mozaic of periscoped, refracted and color-filtered sunlight, and continues spherically all throughout by virtue of the floor's spotless transparency

Nice venue but why is everyone's gaze glued to the telly?
You split your attention, partly focusing on something in front of you that progressively reveals itself to be a mafia-game sign-up poster's rule-set engraved along the branches of a holographic tree:"1. You may have other directives that drive you, but aspiring to win should be secondary to none. 2..Hydrablabla ", simultaneously catching something about some former police-chief jogger guy dying .. they found botulinum in his blood.. mafia suspected.. they play mafia here?! Phuck yeah sign me up.

Welcome to Pula Mafia.

NakedJogger the
Private Investigator
died N0.
FakedBlogger
FakedBlogger
Goon
FakedBlogger
Goon
Goon

Post Post #3 (isolation #2) » Tue Aug 11, 2015 6:47 am

Post by FakedBlogger »

It is now Day1
[/size]

With 13 alive it takes 7 to lynch

(expired on 2015-08-20 00:00:00) to deadline.
FakedBlogger
FakedBlogger
Goon
FakedBlogger
Goon
Goon

Post Post #50 (isolation #3) » Wed Aug 12, 2015 8:44 am

Post by FakedBlogger »

Spoiler: gibberish
VC#1.02(expired on 2015-08-20 00:00:00)

01 =
superbowl9 (0)
01 :eek:

02 =
Banakai (1)

02 :eek: 11

03 =
Malakittens(1)
03 :eek: 13

Radja (0)
04 :eek:

Scorpious (1)
05 :eek: 06

06 =
elusive (1)
06 :eek: 07

07 =
Bellaphant (0)
07 :eek:

08 =
Grib (3)

08 :eek: 03 01 09

09 =
catboi (1)

09 :eek: 05

10 =
Lalendra (1)

10 :eek: 08

11 =
Maxous (0)
11 Image

12 =
GrayFoxxxx (0)
12 Image

13 =
Atum (1)
13 Image

#51:
04-03 03-08 05-09 07-06 12-09 11-02 13-03 06-05 08-13 01-08 09-05 | 08-10 09-08 |

VC#1.02

(expired on 2015-08-20 00:00:00) (August 20th)
superbowl9 (0)

Banakai (1)
Maxous
Malakittens(1)
Atum
Radja (0)

Scorpious (1)
elusive
elusive (1)
Bellaphan
Bellaphant (0)

Grib (3)
Malakittens, superbowl9, catboi
catboi (1)
Scorpious
Lalendra (1)
Grib
Maxous (0)

GrayFoxxxx (0)

Atum (1)

Not Voting
- Lalendra, Banakai, GrayFoxxxx

With 13 alive it takes 7 to lynch.

*=prod
Last edited by FakedBlogger on Fri Aug 14, 2015 12:05 am, edited 10 times in total.
FakedBlogger
FakedBlogger
Goon
FakedBlogger
Goon
Goon

Post Post #75 (isolation #4) » Thu Aug 13, 2015 5:17 am

Post by FakedBlogger »

Sinisterly a cursor superimposed on the star map blinks three times and engenders a question whether you'd like to browse the mafia or flashdance section, followed by an interactive menu of reasonably priced beverages and food, obscenely overpriced drugs, and something free called lloro; to snap you out of perplexing over what a troupe under the sun's spotlight is dancing to. You yes mafia, hamburger with french fries and pumpkin-seed-oiled lettuce salad, a slice of black forest cherry cake, a crossbreed of northern lights and sensi star called Polaris Aurora and lloro because yolo.

Upon navigating its interface you probe the ongoing game's progress, hoping to find indications for an expeditious rage quit, 'Pula Mafia | Host: FourFace | Co-host: Chelkael | AI: Commodore 0.66 | Karma-sponsor: Subaru - buy one when and if you can afford it' when a live incoming video post prompts for permission to be screened. As you try to figure out how to raise the volume the waitress arrives with wireless headphones and a bowl of hazelnuts you assume you didn't order. Apparently your drugs are genetically engineered into them and there's no smoking in the Womb.

She hands you a halo (the term used to describe 3d holographic technology from here on out, maybe never again) flyer and the lloro, a salve, you reckon needs to be smeared on your infraorbitals judging by her gestures, to jog the lachrymals MmmKay.

'That game is hosted by FourFace. People love him here but he has been banned from virtually every forum mafia site, notorious for a brand of insane trolling. Ether conditioned the setup but he circumvented it, the Netherworld is unhappy about his style and unless Chelie keeps him in check it's gonna be a clusterfuck. Don't say I didn't warn you.'

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

'Anyway, its flavor pays homage to our ex chief of police who ascended last night - you've heard the news yeah - and some of the other local personalities he congregated with. If you win you get made into the same family as NJ, as his sibling. According to Commodore you'll have an estimated potential of cutting back stupidity on Earth by 0.9%' You leave a very generous tip. 'Andaah, don't tell anyone I told you this buuut.. Valhalla will be watching. Make it 10, by some miracle off-chance, and you're in'
*offers it back
'No need for a tip if you promise to remember me when you're high, rich, powerful and famous. Here's my DNA'
*kisses you, transitions into a conspiratory look while plucking a strand of hair, tying a hangman's knot, wrapping it around your neck and winking as she leaves.

The front side of the holo reads 'OCI Times' featuring 'The philosophy of gravity, an AllHailHydraGod lecture @ The WOMB, ETA: 20 minutes' and according to the map on the back there are vitrines with souvenirs (which display pajamas, bucket hats, hammerheads, "VFM" brand smartphones, hacky sacks, various balls including little green bouncy ones, frisbees, skateboards, books, posters and budgerigars? The merchant informs you of their housebroken manners and you fiddle with the idea of getting one once you've taken a leak), bathroom (where you try on the nox-themed bucket hat you bought and decide it looks good on your mirror image), arcade (Broodwar), swimming pool, sauna, yoga / martial-art / art dojo, 'green plague'(?), 'footsal and 'dodgeball' courts, massage parlor (you definitely would), a cozy live band / poetry slam / board game / drama club (where there's rather too much onion-chopping and loco shouting going on for your taste), a complimentary shrink (you feel you might need after having witnessed what went on in the club), two VIP storage rooms labeled 'ABC' and 'R. Gates' and a clandestine reward den at your service downstairs, while a library / observatory / church / mashup-movie theater equipped with hammocks serves your food in 15 minutes (which you spend checking out the ground floor, then proceed) upstairs.
Last edited by FakedBlogger on Thu Aug 13, 2015 5:35 am, edited 1 time in total.
FakedBlogger
FakedBlogger
Goon
FakedBlogger
Goon
Goon

Post Post #100 (isolation #5) » Fri Aug 14, 2015 1:01 am

Post by FakedBlogger »

Spoiler: gibberish 2.0 source code
VC#1.03

Grib
superbowl9 (0)
= :eek:
Banakai (2)
**** = :eek:
Maxous
Radja
Grib
Malakittens (1)
* = :eek:
Atum
Banakai
Radja (0)
******* = :eek:
catboi
Scorpious (1)
** = :eek:
catboi
elusive (1)
****** = :eek:
Bellaphant
elusive
Bellaphant (0)
13 Lalendra
Grib (4)
********* = :eek:
Malakittens
superbowl9
catboi
Banakai
05 Grib
catboi (1)
Scorpious
elusive
Lalendra (1)
Grib
Banakai
Maxous (0)
***** = Image
GrayFoxxxx (0)
= Image
Malakittens
Atum (1)
******** = Image

#100:
04-03 03-08 05-09 07-06 12-09 11-02 13-03 06-05 08-13 01-08 09-05 08-10 09-08 | 02-08 06-09 04-02 |

© C 0.66

Gibberish 2.0 will upgrade the classic style effective upcoming VC, unless constructive criticism dictates otherwise.
Although I haven't transcribed the desirability of behavior in tune with Present Flavor 1.02 in the game's official ruleset, it is my preference not to compensate for lack of ( / zeal-excess of malicious) intelligence.

For any inconveniences resulting from past, present or future conduct from my part, as well as information accuracy please direct your complaints to:

Feedback
highly appreciated. God bless Mazda

Spoiler: gibberish 2.0

VC#1.03

superbowl9 (0)

Banakai (2)
Maxous, Radja
Malakittens(1)
Atum
Radja (0)

Scorpious (0)

elusive (1)
Bellaphan
Bellaphant (0)

Grib (4)
Malakittens, superbowl9, catboi, Banakai
catboi (2)
Scorpious elusive
Lalendra (1)
Grib
Maxous (0)

GrayFoxxxx (0)

Atum (1)

Not Voting
- Lalendra, GrayFoxxxx

With 13 alive it takes 7 to lynch.

*=prod

Would you like to listen to the AOD recording (quality 0.25) of the Philosophy of Gravity lecture you missed?
YES

In-tandem entertainment (relevance factor 0.69) found

Spoiler: screen?
FakedBlogger
FakedBlogger
Goon
FakedBlogger
Goon
Goon

Post Post #151 (isolation #6) » Sat Aug 15, 2015 7:16 am

Post by FakedBlogger »

Spoiler: VC#1.04 source code
VC#1.04

Grib
superbowl9 (1)
= :eek:
elusive
Banakai (2)
Maxous
Radja
Grib
Malakittens (0)
Banakai
Radja (0)
catboi
Scorpious (2)
** = :eek:
Atum
Bellaphant
05 09
superbowl9
elusive (1)
****** = :eek:
GrayFoxxxx

Scorpious
Bellaphant (0)
Lalendra
Grib (4)
********* = :eek:
Malakittens
superbowl9
catboi
Banakai
Grib
catboi (1)
Scorpious
Lalendra (1)
Grib
Banakai
Maxous (0)
***** = Image
elusive
GrayFoxxxx (0)
= Image
Scorious
Atum (0)
******** = Image

#151:
04-03 03-08 05-09 07-06 12-09 11-02 13-03 06-05 08-13 01-08 09-05 08-10 09-08 02-08 06-09 04-02 | 12-06 06-01 13-05 07-05 |

© 0.(9)

VC#1.04

Upcoming flavor ambient sneak preview: The Dark Horseman
Last edited by FakedBlogger on Sat Aug 15, 2015 8:02 am, edited 2 times in total.

Return to “Completed Mini Normal Games”