Post Post #40 (isolation #1) » Tue Aug 11, 2015 7:31 pm

Post by Atum »

1. Sweet!
2. Definitely
3. Mala - scum
elusive - bubbly
Grib - ???
4. No.

Town Grib?!!?! I'm so excited and joyful, and really just overcome with gladness. I need to sit down or something.
Atum
Atum
Goon
Atum
Goon
Goon

Post Post #78 (isolation #2) » Thu Aug 13, 2015 6:05 am

Post by Atum »

Am I the only one that now flinches reflexively when I see the mod has a non-VC post? I think the flavor in #39 traumatized me or something.

And this guy with the bucket hat simultaneously fascinates me and creeps me out. I like this game already.
In post 71, Maxous wrote:
In post 64, catboi wrote:For reference, to that point, this was Atums only post, and there's no way anyone could or should read anything alignment-telling from something like that.

I'll avoid putting the dude at L-2 but yeah, this is a good point.
I don't see how Atum would be fittng a "meta"

My meta is spectacular and I always fit it because I'm always town, except when my role pm disagrees.

Anyone on Grib because they think he couldn't/wouldn't form meta reads based off just an RVS post probably doesn't know Grib all that well. He's town, and more importantly, we're both town and I won't let you take that away from us. Do something useful and help me run up Mala some more.

In post 73, Banakai wrote:
In post 70, Radja wrote:
In post 54, Banakai wrote:Also I don't really have any tells right now

we probbably have a cop if we have a miller but that isn't proven yet

why do you want to speculate about there being a cop?

Cause it's good information to have. For example come later in the game we learn there is no cop, her claim is BS

Do you think it's more helpful to town to have said information? Why?

What were your old tells?
Atum
Atum
Goon
Atum
Goon
Goon

Post Post #82 (isolation #3) » Thu Aug 13, 2015 8:45 am

Post by Atum »

Idk, it seemed like a good idea at the time.

Who should get run up instead?
Atum
Atum
Goon
Atum
Goon
Goon

Post Post #127 (isolation #4) » Fri Aug 14, 2015 4:21 pm

Post by Atum »

In post 124, catboi wrote:@Mod: can you please not edit the posts of players in your game to fill them with inane, uninteresting garbage? It makes the game harder to read and isn't entertaining, just frustrating

Not trying to be a jerk here or anything, but the modding is the best part of this game so far. Is anyone else doing anything with the flavor?

UNVOTE:

VOTE: Scorpious

Say interesting things now please. Townreads, scumreads, nullreads, that sort of thing. Or, alternatively, give a detailed analysis of your day so far, including, but not limited to: meals and mealtime interactions, transportation segments, and any close encounters of the sixth kind (zombie lemurs for instance).
Atum
Atum
Goon
Atum
Goon
Goon

Post Post #325 (isolation #5) » Tue Aug 18, 2015 7:59 am

Post by Atum »

In post 304, catboi wrote:Atum - needs to post more. not sure how he's only at one prod thus far. Very little actual content to go by.

That would be my excellent sense of timing shining through for me. It's a gift.

Essentially, pretty sure Scorpious' claim is fake, IIRC it sounds like he's got the experience to think up a good fakeclaim, and his posts just don't look towny, the one on grib's replacement stands out at the moment. Also, quick glance at his ISO shows some hesitance to definitively cast votes/call others scum until this was pointed out explicitly to him.

He's also been unnecessarily defensive and prickly (166, 184, 188, etc). Also don't like how he claimed so easily, he didn't really do any scumhunting or offer many opinions on the gamestate before folding in that regard, though I'm not sure that's alignment indicative. elusive, if you could meta him on defensiveness or scumhunting ability in the limited time remaining, I guess that'd be good, but in the meantime I like my vote where it is.

@Scorpious: Assuming this is sufficiently interesting to you (it is) can you give me a list? Towreads, scumreads, why. Also, a little self-meta question for you, do you generally find yourself being scumread by town as town?
Atum
Atum
Goon
Atum
Goon
Goon

Post Post #327 (isolation #6) » Tue Aug 18, 2015 8:12 am

Post by Atum »

Well I was trying to figure out how you got orange from all our time together. I demand a new and more fitting word!

Also, where's your vote at again?
Atum
Atum
Goon
Atum
Goon
Goon

Post Post #329 (isolation #7) » Tue Aug 18, 2015 8:23 am

Post by Atum »

Who else do you like for scum?
Atum
Atum
Goon
Atum
Goon
Goon

Post Post #342 (isolation #8) » Tue Aug 18, 2015 11:03 am

Post by Atum »

In post 330, Scorpious wrote:
In post 325, Atum wrote:
In post 304, catboi wrote:Atum - needs to post more. not sure how he's only at one prod thus far. Very little actual content to go by.

That would be my excellent sense of timing shining through for me. It's a gift.

Essentially, pretty sure Scorpious' claim is fake, IIRC it sounds like he's got the experience to think up a good fakeclaim, and his posts just don't look towny, the one on grib's replacement stands out at the moment. Also, quick glance at his ISO shows some hesitance to definitively cast votes/call others scum until this was pointed out explicitly to him.

He's also been unnecessarily defensive and prickly (166, 184, 188, etc). Also don't like how he claimed so easily, he didn't really do any scumhunting or offer many opinions on the gamestate before folding in that regard, though I'm not sure that's alignment indicative. elusive, if you could meta him on defensiveness or scumhunting ability in the limited time remaining, I guess that'd be good, but in the meantime I like my vote where it is.

@Scorpious: Assuming this is sufficiently interesting to you (it is) can you give me a list? Towreads, scumreads, why. Also, a little self-meta question for you, do you generally find yourself being scumread by town as town?

1. Where was it stated that I have the experience?

2. How have I been hesitant to cast a vote? because I don't just throw it around?

3. I was defensive because I was put on L-1,how do you handle it? Do you just let yourself get lynched?Especially when you have an important role..

4. I was the first one to start asking others about the miller claim so I dispute you saying that I have done no scumhunting.

5. You just said that I didn't do anything until it was pointed out. I made it clear that I was busy,and I have upped my content since then,is this a bad thing?

6. Why is my claim so unbelievable but someone opens with "I'm a miller" and it's all good..

7. Why does it seem like nobody can see why a scum would do that? I think it's obviously crap,and I said that at the beginning..

8. Do you think Elusive needs your advice on what to look for?

9. And last, If I make a list,are you going to dump on me for not doing it until prompted to?

You see how this is entirely defensive and not scumhunting in the slightest Scorpmeister? I do.

elusive, I saw him pointing out inconsistencies and all as well, but he's missing the follow up and pressure that would make me townread that behavior. It's an easy way for scum to look like they're hunting while hiding their additional knowledge of the gamestate.

Scorpo, because I'm a good sport, I've numbered your questions and will respond, 2 for 2, if you give me some reads. Here, I'll start.

9. No. I'll analyze it, and use it to further my read on you, and I'll also use it when you flip, to have reads that came from either conftown or confscum. A readslist from you can only help town at this point, don't be so worried about getting attacked for it. Though, if it sucks, do expect that said attack will come!

8. No, I am simply aware that elusive is better at, and uses meta more often than I do, and her experience there would help me place you, and perhaps her as well. It's all a great big team effort to stop the scumteam.

Your turn!
Atum
Atum
Goon
Atum
Goon
Goon

Post Post #343 (isolation #9) » Tue Aug 18, 2015 11:05 am

Post by Atum »

Oh, I forgot that bit about PR-play. Nvm elusive. I'll let that be null.
Atum
Atum
Goon
Atum
Goon
Goon

Post Post #344 (isolation #10) » Tue Aug 18, 2015 11:06 am

Post by Atum »

Also,

@All: Flashwagon on Radja?
Atum
Atum
Goon
Atum
Goon
Goon

Post Post #350 (isolation #11) » Tue Aug 18, 2015 1:08 pm

Post by Atum »

In post 349, catboi wrote:And again, read the whole of the last page and tell me you don't see why I changed my mind.

I don't, can you tell me why?
Atum
Atum
Goon
Atum
Goon
Goon

Post Post #353 (isolation #12) » Tue Aug 18, 2015 3:15 pm

Post by Atum »

In post 352, Scorpious wrote:
In post 342, Atum wrote:I saw him pointing out inconsistencies and all as well, but he's missing the follow up and pressure that would make me townread that behavior. It's an easy way for scum to look like they're hunting while hiding their additional knowledge of the gamestate.

That's a little paranoid,no? What does a supposed lack of follow up and pressure have to do with anything? If I feel the need to follow up something I will. If you notice. I have follwed up and applied pressure on the person I am voting; Catboi.

2 for 2

Catboi- I read the wiki. I read the suggestions for playing miller. I'll ask this again. Why is everyone so reluctant to analyze the other side. It would make total sense for scum to claim miller. You almost assure yourself a free ride through D1. The alleged cop will not investigate you,and if for whatever reason he decides to investigate you and you come back guilty. You already have the installed "I'm a miller,not scum",which would buy you 2 days. I can't get that scenario out of my head. Catboi is scum. Also,If you look at his reads,the theme is "lack of content" on almost all of his scum reads..that's almost..ironic

Foxxx- a little out of order here but 153,170,178 are interesting. The first 2 are posts about posting,the 3rd is a straight vote on me based on agreeing with Catboi on my iso,this is after several posts of actually questioning people(including me) why they would vote a "Claimed miller". Super called him out on it,asking why he took Cat's read as gospel in 137, and he dismisses it,quoting what he say and asking about contrast like there is any.. In 204 he say's mine and his ISO are similair.. How?

In post 278, GrayFoxxxx wrote:Isoing scorp, he COULD be lying. But idk...

this post is cuddly and soft.. And we are back, anxiously awaiting him to finally type,because people "are making him"

your turn..

It's not paranoid, it's pretty much my scumgame, minus the reads and fluff and pressure I usually throw into the mix for depth and townpoints. And yes, you've followed up, but A) that lynch is going nowhere fast and we're almost at deadline, and B) there's literally nothing more to analyze about the miller claim. Yes, he could be lying, and yes it's a passable scum move, but that's all we've got, a coin flip. From your read on him, it sounds like you've got tunnel vision.

And I agree, Foxx's iso is terrible and he's probably scum. In fact, this post makes me feel a bit better about you Scorply, I'd say he's definitely more certainly scum than you at this point. Unfortunately, we need a lynch and we've gotta be pushing the deadline at this point. Unless, there's a significant amount of people on, or willing to jump to Gray, I don't think it's worth dismantling your wagon. I think you misunderstood 204 though, to answer that question of yours.

7. Why does it seem like nobody can see why a scum would do that? I think it's obviously crap,and I said that at the beginning..

7. Everyone sees why scum would do that. No one is disputing that it could be fake. But where do we go from there? There's literally nothing more to analyze from that apparently optimal claim, ergo we must rely on more traditional scumhunting to uncover the Catman's alignment. Using my trademark brand of scumhunting, I have deduced that you are more likely scum than he, even if I hate some of his reads, reasonings, and just general ideas about the game. This is also why your pressure on that slot has yielded no fruit, fyi.

6. Your claim isn't unbelieveable. It's quite believeable, almost too believeable, in fact. That protective/investigative combo...I'm not quite sure how to phrase it, but that's a really good claim, it made the whole town stop and re-evaluate for a second. Which is where my paranoia kicks in, since despite the fact that your role is apparently out in the open, you haven't upped the aggression, or acted like an outed town PR that's almost certainly dead toNight or some Night in the future. Instead, you seem much more concerned about not being dead, which I'd expect from newb town, but again I thought I remembered someone saying you had more games than them (I may be mixing up games or something). Either way, the point stands. A- for the claim, C+ for execution, in other words.

Your move.

@All: Better idea, flashwagon on Gray and Foxxy for great justice?
Atum
Atum
Goon
Atum
Goon
Goon

Post Post #357 (isolation #13) » Tue Aug 18, 2015 3:38 pm

Post by Atum »

@Lalendra: To me, Gray reads as worse than just inactive. He's got the fourth most posts, but they aren't contentful, and there's no appearance of game solving, scumhunting, or really anything you might characterize as town behavior. Most of them consists of a single line or text or less. That drops him from a null lurker to probscum for me.
Atum
Atum
Goon
Atum
Goon
Goon

Post Post #360 (isolation #14) » Tue Aug 18, 2015 4:12 pm

Post by Atum »

You could always give an explicit answer to the question. That's obvious.
Atum
Atum
Goon
Atum
Goon
Goon

Post Post #367 (isolation #15) » Tue Aug 18, 2015 5:46 pm

Post by Atum »

In post 362, catboi wrote:god damn it why does everyone have to make this so haaaaaard

shaddowez is fairly obviously softclaiming a counter to scorp's claim, I noticed that on post 300, it's why I took them out of my scumreads. Truthfully, I don't even lean null-scum on them, but I wanted to not step on their toes and out them, so I felt it was better to just make a slight adjustment. It seems people are incapable of taking a hint though, so I'm just going to out and out say it.

I'm outing this because I feel like just lynching between the two at this point is the better option as there's guaranteed scum there, granted it's possible to lynch outside them, but then, you can lynch outside day 2 after a flip and have more information to go on. Also an outside possibility they both stay alive and scum just force us to choose between the two eventually

Goes without saying that I don't see shaddowez counter claiming a role like this, particlarly a protective role on a day 1 mislynch given the potential benefits for scum are fairly small and there was no guarantee they'd be lynched, anyway

Well you could have just said it'd be anti-town to say, which it was. Where I'm from, we call it [REDACTED]. But whatever. Moving on. Quote me the soft?

Can't wait Scorpster.
Atum
Atum
Goon
Atum
Goon
Goon

Post Post #379 (isolation #16) » Tue Aug 18, 2015 7:58 pm

Post by Atum »

No prob Scorpboy. I'll miss you, it was fun talking to you. Maybe deadchat?
Atum
Atum
Goon
Atum
Goon
Goon

Post Post #401 (isolation #17) » Fri Aug 21, 2015 3:54 pm

Post by Atum »

VOTE: Malakittens

This is why I wanted to run you up Mala.
Atum
Atum
Goon
Atum
Goon
Goon

Post Post #403 (isolation #18) » Fri Aug 21, 2015 4:28 pm

Post by Atum »

I think Mala could be scum, and want others to join my glorious quest for the legendary win. And yes, that's my reasoning with just about every vote.

Would you like to know more?
Atum
Atum
Goon
Atum
Goon
Goon

Post Post #487 (isolation #19) » Tue Aug 25, 2015 7:53 am

Post by Atum »

Prodge

Also, finally read through catboi's case for scum!elusive, and pretty much disagree with most/all of his conclusions. Reads more like someone looking for things to call scummy moreso than looking for someone who is scum.

Mala's still scum and all, but I guess I can wait on that, since I'm way too lazy to build an actual case there. Radj and super, I'll maybe try and post actual reasoning later today? But probably not.

Maxous, do you think voting a mislynch D1 is a scumtell?
Atum
Atum
Goon
Atum
Goon
Goon

Post Post #540 (isolation #20) » Thu Aug 27, 2015 2:38 pm

Post by Atum »

In post 530, Bellaphant wrote:UNVOTE:

I need a little time to warm up to FB. I have no feelings about ST. C's predecessor, but their play this day phase has not given my town-feels

VOTE: StCtH

@fire, who's scum?

What haven't you liked about Constantine's play? How do you feel about firebringer now?

Return to “Completed Mini Normal Games”