Really Good Plays that amazed you

This forum is for discussion related to the game.
Gale Wing Srock
Gale Wing Srock
Mafia Scum
Gale Wing Srock
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Really Good Plays that amazed you

Post Post #0 (ISO) » Fri Aug 14, 2015 4:20 am

Post by Gale Wing Srock »

Hey Folks,

I was just looking into
completed games
, trying to find some good plays to learn and get inspired from; And I figured that it would be cool if we could share some really good plays by players (You can brag about your plays too ^_^) that have inspired you or made you go bonkers.

Like a play that made you think, wow this guy / gal is a genius.

I know it is difficult to point out one such post or a player in a game. But I think that, all of you might have had such special moments when you started to play mafia?

If so, please link to the game (only completed ones) in your post and mention why that play inspired you or left an impression on you.

Thanks in advance :]
Vampirate
Vampirate
Goon
Vampirate
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1 (ISO) » Fri Aug 14, 2015 4:29 am

Post by Vampirate »

While good in theory, the problem with this thread is people might not want to share insights to who they might be.

Out of curiosity though i'd like to see the plays the wow me as well.
You are not more paranoid than me!!!!
Oversoul
Oversoul
Survivor
Oversoul
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2 (ISO) » Fri Aug 14, 2015 5:04 am

Post by Oversoul »

I think Thor's play in the first Crosstown game was pretty good.

Essentially, Thor was scum with Fate and someone else. Fate was getting voted on day 1 and would eventually be the lynch for that day. Thor repeatedly expressed his dislike for the Fate lynch, calling Fate town for this and that, all the way until Fate's death. The sheer amount of effort that Thor put into *not* lynching Fate, his scumbuddy, bought him town credit for a couple of days. Everyone just assumed he was wrongheaded for not wanting to lynch Fate.

I don't know if I have seen a "WOW that was genius" level move from a town player. Hoopla (I think it was Hoopla) received a Scummy for fakeclaiming PGO only to be a Vengeful Townie. She was hammered by scum in 3P LyLo, but immediately turned around and killed the scum for a town win. That was pretty cool.
Trojan Horse
Trojan Horse
Oldest Trick in the Book
Trojan Horse
Oldest Trick in the Book
Oldest Trick in the Book

Post Post #3 (ISO) » Fri Aug 14, 2015 5:16 am

Post by Trojan Horse »

In post 2, Oversoul wrote:I don't know if I have seen a "WOW that was genius" level move from a town player. Hoopla (I think it was Hoopla) received a Scummy for fakeclaiming PGO only to be a Vengeful Townie. She was hammered by scum in 3P LyLo, but immediately turned around and killed the scum for a town win. That was pretty cool.

This game popped into my mind, too. But I couldn't remember who was involved, so I didn't think I'd be able to find the game again. Thanks for mentioning Hoopla; that made it easy to find the game.

Mini 973: Boston Brawl
Ankamius
Ankamius
Survivor
Ankamius
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #4 (ISO) » Fri Aug 14, 2015 5:30 am

Post by Ankamius »

Titus once replaced into a scum team with me where our third was vigged night one and I was under heavy pressure by the end of day one with a high probability of being lynched the next day. She managed to WK me out of a lynch and turn it onto my primary attacker for a lynch, then was a big leader of town in MyLo for the win.

It still blows my mind that she pulled that off.
Espeonage
Espeonage
any
Survivor
Espeonage
any
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: any

Post Post #5 (ISO) » Fri Aug 14, 2015 5:31 am

Post by Espeonage »

AlmasterGMs play the entirety of the first CYS.
Don't @ me.
SilverWolf
SilverWolf
Jack of All Trades
SilverWolf
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #6 (ISO) » Fri Aug 14, 2015 7:47 am

Post by SilverWolf »

In post 4, Ankamius wrote:Titus once replaced into a scum team with me where our third was vigged night one and I was under heavy pressure by the end of day one with a high probability of being lynched the next day. She managed to WK me out of a lynch and turn it onto my primary attacker for a lynch, then was a big leader of town in MyLo for the win.

Do you remember which game this was?
Darkness cannot drive out darkness: only light can do that. Hate cannot drive out hate: only love can do that.
Ankamius
Ankamius
Survivor
Ankamius
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #7 (ISO) » Fri Aug 14, 2015 8:00 am

Post by Ankamius »

It was an open that Sakura Hana modded. I don't remember the name of the setup; it's the jailjeeper/rolecop + backups of both and a vigilante.
Klick
Klick
Flash Forward
Klick
Flash Forward
Flash Forward

Post Post #8 (ISO) » Fri Aug 14, 2015 8:09 am

Post by Klick »

Alchemist21
Alchemist21
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Alchemist21
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #9 (ISO) » Fri Aug 14, 2015 10:13 am

Post by Alchemist21 »

I can't remember the specifics, but there was a player nominated for a scummy for fakeclaiming survivor as Town and getting the scum to out themselves at lylo.

This was the 2014 scummies btw.
mastin2
mastin2
The Second Coming
mastin2
The Second Coming
The Second Coming

Post Post #10 (ISO) » Fri Aug 14, 2015 10:43 am

Post by mastin2 »

Gonna link you to a little bit of a story.
In Anything Goes, I was in a hydra with Katsuki, as a scum gladiator.
We decided pregame that we would form a townbloc out of all the scum players, heavily defending one another.
...Then, as the game progressed, one by one, our scumbuddies progressively got more and more screwed over.

Yet some highlights from that game include us gladiating Angry Frat BROs (a hydra of AngryPidgeon and BROseidon) on D3 (after a half-serious one-off comment about us maybe being blocked N1 when trying), in spite of...them having nailed the entirety of the scumteam. They were a town bulletproof. Then, in an amazing feat, later in the game, we managed to lynch a confirmed fruit vendor when there was only one scum left. That's right, in spite of them being supposedly conftown, we managed to lynch them, and get away with it, because we went on to win the game, despite the numerous ways we had been screwed over.

Why do I mention this game?
Because of a little thing called Tales of You.

Slogan of the scumteam that game? "Fuck nightkilling the players who have correct scumreads on us, we're just going to lynch them."
And they did
In spite of me having generally-pretty-good reads (at different times having all members of the scumteam in my sights), I, as...yep...a town BP...got lynched D2, and in spite of me telling everyone that AP (and Nacho) was scum...and that Katsuki was town...Katsuki got lynched D3 in spite of Katsuki
also
having good reads. Guess who went on to win that game. (Oh, and Red Gyarados? Pretty much the only living player to have accurate reads there.) After that, there was only one thing to do:
Spoiler: I made these for AP
Image Image
Image Image
My academy.
"...You have a blog?!?" (Yes, I do. Click.)
Agnigi
, 13p Mini Theme sequel to Gistou, is in design and could use reviewers!
Yosarian2
Yosarian2
(shrug)
Yosarian2
(shrug)
(shrug)

Post Post #11 (ISO) » Fri Aug 14, 2015 12:03 pm

Post by Yosarian2 »

PookyTheMagicBear once ended up in a 3-man endgame with two different members of two different scum groups (Pooky was a doctor) and convinced them to shoot each other, promising to roll a dice and protect once of them at random. And they actually did it and shot each other. And of course he protected nobody and town won.

http://forum.mafiascum.net/viewtopic.php?t=1873

He later claimed he actually did roll a dice, just a weighted on, haha.
I want us to win just for Yos' inevitable rant alone. -CrashTextDummie
Porochaz
Porochaz
Oh, Prozac
Porochaz
Oh, Prozac
Oh, Prozac

Post Post #12 (ISO) » Fri Aug 14, 2015 12:57 pm

Post by Porochaz »

Hey yos! How are you? Want a good player, look up yos.
Mostly retired. Unless you ask or it's something interesting.
notscience
notscience
Survivor
notscience
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #13 (ISO) » Fri Aug 14, 2015 1:00 pm

Post by notscience »

Cabd claimed survivor in lylo and said he'd vote with the scum because he thought they deserved the win.

Scum claimed.

He was town.
Show
STRIKE HARD

STRIKE FAST

NO MERCY
Vampirate
Vampirate
Goon
Vampirate
Goon
Goon

Post Post #14 (ISO) » Fri Aug 14, 2015 1:49 pm

Post by Vampirate »

In post 13, notscience wrote:Cabd claimed survivor in lylo and said he'd vote with the scum because he thought they deserved the win.

Scum claimed.

He was town.

Link to the game please.
Oversoul
Oversoul
Survivor
Oversoul
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #15 (ISO) » Fri Aug 14, 2015 1:56 pm

Post by Oversoul »

In post 13, notscience wrote:Cabd claimed survivor in lylo and said he'd vote with the scum because he thought they deserved the win.

Scum claimed.

He was town.

*twitch*
Yosarian2
Yosarian2
(shrug)
Yosarian2
(shrug)
(shrug)

Post Post #16 (ISO) » Fri Aug 14, 2015 2:39 pm

Post by Yosarian2 »

In post 12, Porochaz wrote:Hey yos! How are you? Want a good player, look up yos.

:) Hey, Prozac. Doing good. Playing a few games again after a long break. So, what have I missed around here?
I want us to win just for Yos' inevitable rant alone. -CrashTextDummie
FakeGod
FakeGod
Seven-Colored Puppeteer
FakeGod
Seven-Colored Puppeteer
Seven-Colored Puppeteer

Post Post #17 (ISO) » Fri Aug 14, 2015 2:53 pm

Post by FakeGod »

Solo scum play by Katsuki from Through the Looking-Glass

He was nominated and won the Don Corleone scummy for 2014.
My favorite site mod is Zor Tester.
I have Brandi's autograph! I bet you're jealous.

Calling all touhou fans!
Salamence20
Salamence20
Survivor
Salamence20
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #18 (ISO) » Fri Aug 14, 2015 5:46 pm

Post by Salamence20 »

In post 9, Alchemist21 wrote:I can't remember the specifics, but there was a player nominated for a scummy for fakeclaiming survivor as Town and getting the scum to out themselves at lylo.

This was the 2014 scummies btw.

Scum claimed.

He was town.

Youre mistaked.

You are talking about Nati claiming vivor as town to kill of scum in epicmafiatime
Oversoul
Oversoul
Survivor
Oversoul
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #19 (ISO) » Fri Aug 14, 2015 6:22 pm

Post by Oversoul »

Two separate games, Sala. Cabd did do the things notscience stated in that post.
Elbirn
Elbirn
Content Aficionado
Elbirn
Content Aficionado
Content Aficionado

Post Post #20 (ISO) » Fri Aug 14, 2015 6:24 pm

Post by Elbirn »

I'm trying to remember the specifics, but I played a game where scum-varsoon faked a guilty on a cop at day start and got him quick lynched. Fortunately for town twilight was long enough that the cop (shinobi) could get online and out his results. It was day 3, he had an innocent and a guilty on scum klingon celt.

So day 4 starts and varsoon claims miller out of nowhere, and klingon counter claims him. We are confuse. It'd seem the logical chain of events would be for klingon to claim miller, and then for varsoon to counter. They do it backwards and then nothing makes sense any more. Town is baffled, we lynch klingon, and scum varsoon goes on to get away with fake claiming a guilty and then claiming miller for no reason and wins the game.

I don't know if it was good scum play or if town was just bad, but I was impressed, both by what team scum did and by varsoons ability to talk himself out of that one. They also figured out I was the doctor pretty much immediately after a failed nk on the cops-innocent, so bonus points for that.
Gale Wing Srock
Gale Wing Srock
Mafia Scum
Gale Wing Srock
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #21 (ISO) » Fri Aug 14, 2015 7:09 pm

Spoiler: Games with Links
In post 2, Oversoul wrote:I think Thor's play in the first Crosstown game was pretty good.

Essentially, Thor was scum with Fate and someone else. Fate was getting voted on day 1 and would eventually be the lynch for that day. Thor repeatedly expressed his dislike for the Fate lynch, calling Fate town for this and that, all the way until Fate's death. The sheer amount of effort that Thor put into *not* lynching Fate, his scumbuddy, bought him town credit for a couple of days. Everyone just assumed he was wrongheaded for not wanting to lynch Fate.

I don't know if I have seen a "WOW that was genius" level move from a town player. Hoopla (I think it was Hoopla) received a Scummy for fakeclaiming PGO only to be a Vengeful Townie. She was hammered by scum in 3P LyLo, but immediately turned around and killed the scum for a town win. That was pretty cool.

In post 3, Trojan Horse wrote:
In post 2, Oversoul wrote:I don't know if I have seen a "WOW that was genius" level move from a town player. Hoopla (I think it was Hoopla) received a Scummy for fakeclaiming PGO only to be a Vengeful Townie. She was hammered by scum in 3P LyLo, but immediately turned around and killed the scum for a town win. That was pretty cool.

This game popped into my mind, too. But I couldn't remember who was involved, so I didn't think I'd be able to find the game again. Thanks for mentioning Hoopla; that made it easy to find the game.

Mini 973: Boston Brawl

In post 4, Ankamius wrote:Titus once replaced into a scum team with me where our third was vigged night one and I was under heavy pressure by the end of day one with a high probability of being lynched the next day. She managed to WK me out of a lynch and turn it onto my primary attacker for a lynch, then was a big leader of town in MyLo for the win.

In post 11, Yosarian2 wrote:PookyTheMagicBear once ended up in a 3-man endgame with two different members of two different scum groups (Pooky was a doctor) and convinced them to shoot each other, promising to roll a dice and protect once of them at random. And they actually did it and shot each other. And of course he protected nobody and town won.

http://forum.mafiascum.net/viewtopic.php?t=1873

He later claimed he actually did roll a dice, just a weighted on, haha.

In post 17, FakeGod wrote:Solo scum play by Katsuki from Through the Looking-Glass
He was nominated and won the Don Corleone scummy for 2014.

Thanks a lot guys ^_^
I will read them when I find some time and will post some questions so that we can discuss a bit on their awesome plays.
Last edited by Gale Wing Srock on Fri Aug 14, 2015 7:16 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Gale Wing Srock
Gale Wing Srock
Mafia Scum
Gale Wing Srock
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #22 (ISO) » Fri Aug 14, 2015 7:14 pm

Spoiler: Detailed posts
In post 10, mastin2 wrote:Gonna link you to a little bit of a story.
In Anything Goes, I was in a hydra with Katsuki, as a scum gladiator.
We decided pregame that we would form a townbloc out of all the scum players, heavily defending one another.
...Then, as the game progressed, one by one, our scumbuddies progressively got more and more screwed over.

Yet some highlights from that game include us gladiating Angry Frat BROs (a hydra of AngryPidgeon and BROseidon) on D3 (after a half-serious one-off comment about us maybe being blocked N1 when trying), in spite of...them having nailed the entirety of the scumteam. They were a town bulletproof. Then, in an amazing feat, later in the game, we managed to lynch a confirmed fruit vendor when there was only one scum left. That's right, in spite of them being supposedly conftown, we managed to lynch them, and get away with it, because we went on to win the game, despite the numerous ways we had been screwed over.

Why do I mention this game?
Because of a little thing called Tales of You.

Slogan of the scumteam that game? "Fuck nightkilling the players who have correct scumreads on us, we're just going to lynch them."
And they did
In spite of me having generally-pretty-good reads (at different times having all members of the scumteam in my sights), I, as...yep...a town BP...got lynched D2, and in spite of me telling everyone that AP (and Nacho) was scum...and that Katsuki was town...Katsuki got lynched D3 in spite of Katsuki
also
having good reads. Guess who went on to win that game. (Oh, and Red Gyarados? Pretty much the only living player to have accurate reads there.) After that, there was only one thing to do:

In post 20, Elbirn wrote:I'm trying to remember the specifics, but I played a game where scum-varsoon faked a guilty on a cop at day start and got him quick lynched. Fortunately for town twilight was long enough that the cop (shinobi) could get online and out his results. It was day 3, he had an innocent and a guilty on scum klingon celt.

So day 4 starts and varsoon claims miller out of nowhere, and klingon counter claims him. We are confuse. It'd seem the logical chain of events would be for klingon to claim miller, and then for varsoon to counter. They do it backwards and then nothing makes sense any more. Town is baffled, we lynch klingon, and scum varsoon goes on to get away with fake claiming a guilty and then claiming miller for no reason and wins the game.

I don't know if it was good scum play or if town was just bad, but I was impressed, both by what team scum did and by varsoons ability to talk himself out of that one. They also figured out I was the doctor pretty much immediately after a failed nk on the cops-innocent, so bonus points for that.

I will look through your posts too guys, thanks.

And please post memorable plays ITT so that we can keep track of them for fun discussions. Since, I just started I don't have the experience to differentiate good plays and neither do I have many games to look into, but will post here when I witness some amazing ones.
N
N
Jack of All Trades
N
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #23 (ISO) » Fri Aug 14, 2015 7:55 pm

Post by N »

I saw Shakespeare's Antony and Cleopatra last night because my cousin was in it. I'm sure it's a pretty good play if you're into that sort of thing.
GTKAS

Share And Enjoy
(go stick your head in a pig)
Vampirate
Vampirate
Goon
Vampirate
Goon
Goon

Post Post #24 (ISO) » Sat Aug 15, 2015 2:09 pm

Post by Vampirate »

In post 23, N wrote:I saw Shakespeare's Antony and Cleopatra last night because my cousin was in it. I'm sure it's a pretty good play if you're into that sort of thing.

Please realize that this discussion is about mafia plays, i'm reporting this post to a list mod pronto.

@N Can you please review the post up above, the person 'N' is not following what the thread is about. Thanks.

Return to “Mafia Discussion”