Mini Normal 1707 - Frog Mafia! - GAME OVER - TOWN WIN!

Fro99er
Fro99er
Survivor
Fro99er
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #325 (ISO) » Wed Aug 19, 2015 4:26 pm

Post by Fro99er »

(expired on 2015-08-25 07:30:00)

(Tue Aug 25 @ 7:30:00 AM EST)

VOTECOUNT 1.04
  • (0)
    Malakittens

(0)
    ika

(0)
    Metal Sonic

(0)
    shaddowez

(0)
    AxleGreaser

(0)
    BlueBloodedToffee

(0)
    Shiro

(0)
    Scorpious

(0)
    notscience

(1)
    zakk
    Scorpious
    (5)
    MaxwellPuckett
    singersigner, notscience, Metal Sonic, Shiro, ika
    (3)
    VeeGee
    BlueBloodedToffee, shaddowez, MaxwellPuckett
    (0)
    singersigner

(4)
    (NOT VOTING)
    AxleGreaser, VeeGee, zakk, Malakittens

With
    alive
    , it takes
    votes
    to lynch.
Last edited by Fro99er on Wed Aug 19, 2015 5:16 pm, edited 2 times in total.
"I officially announce Fro99er the king of guilties because this is the second time he has guiltied a slot I was really unsure about.
Heil King Froggo.
Ribbit ribbit." -Transcend
Malakittens
Malakittens
Survivor
Malakittens
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #326 (ISO) » Wed Aug 19, 2015 4:27 pm

Post by Malakittens »

In post 310, AxleGreaser wrote:
In post 271, Malakittens wrote:No.

-.-

Nope it was too cryptic for me. Who was this to/at. It was in the same minute as mine so maybe its not at me, and just got ninja'd?

I really don't know. I was just so pissed off yesterday everything was bugging me.
No matter how high the stakes, sooner or later you're just gonna have to go with your gut.
And maybe, just maybe, that'll take you right where you were supposed to be.

Get to know a Mala~Grey<3 4.7.2015
MaxwellPuckett
MaxwellPuckett
Mafia Scum
MaxwellPuckett
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #327 (ISO) » Wed Aug 19, 2015 4:43 pm

Post by MaxwellPuckett »

ika: How is zakk a VI? Also, if the game is like 15 pages in, read it. Or, you can jump on the only wagon and ignore what happened while you were away. Your meta isn't difficult, ika, and I'll be happy to vote you if you decide to take an inactive role in this game.

Axle: Alright, I guess I understand your theory. I don't really agree, but I get where you're coming from? Or at least I see how you've explained his behaviour from a scum perspective.

Malakittens: A breakdown of your reads would be cool.

Zakk: My slot has a lot to answer for? Please, ask away if you have problems. I honestly don't know what the heck you expect me to say about Nosferatu, though. Lurksack? Had too many games going? Low-hanging fruit lynch?
One man's trash talk is another man's treasure talk.
singersigner
singersigner
I Got This
singersigner
I Got This
I Got This

Post Post #328 (ISO) » Wed Aug 19, 2015 4:57 pm

Post by singersigner »

Jeep tell. Defending his predecessor. >:D

Also, this is a minor thing, but Axel, could you stop spoilering so much? It makes crtl-fing your ISO a lot more difficult, and I'm not really sure what the point of spoilering so much is anyway. If you have walls, you have walls, but try to learn to say what you have to say in fewer words so people will be more likely to read it. ;)

@Mala...how can you call zakk's reads list terrible? What have you been doing to advance the gamestate and what's so terrible about his reads? I actually agree with the placement of like...8 of those people, which is a lot to agree with!
Glork and quadz08 are my favorite.

I like tomatoes.
MaxwellPuckett
MaxwellPuckett
Mafia Scum
MaxwellPuckett
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #329 (ISO) » Wed Aug 19, 2015 5:04 pm

Post by MaxwellPuckett »

*coughs and points at pronoun*

I'm almost tempted to greentext this.

>voted because of predecessors actions (this is the only one that makes sense)
>told i 'have a lot to answer for' about said predecessor
>say i don't see the point of me talking about the person i replaced
>get told i am 'defending my predecessor'
MaxwellPuckett
MaxwellPuckett
Mafia Scum
MaxwellPuckett
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #330 (ISO) » Wed Aug 19, 2015 5:07 pm

Post by MaxwellPuckett »

Oh, right, and singer, do we actually agree about Mala? I think zakk's play has been a lot better than theirs. If VeeGee is always like this, and I'll check them out tomorrow, I'd rather move my vote over to Mala.
ika
ika
Survivor
ika
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #331 (ISO) » Wed Aug 19, 2015 5:13 pm

Post by ika »

In post 327, MaxwellPuckett wrote:ika: How is zakk a VI? Also, if the game is like 15 pages in, read it. Or, you can jump on the only wagon and ignore what happened while you were away. Your meta isn't difficult, ika, and I'll be happy to vote you if you decide to take an inactive role in this game.

You read his iso and tell me how is not a setup of a VI. Also i did read about 6 pages in then my eyes glazed over so no.

ill read up later
singersigner
singersigner
I Got This
singersigner
I Got This
I Got This

Post Post #332 (ISO) » Wed Aug 19, 2015 5:17 pm

Post by singersigner »

Um, probably, I haven't seen anything noteworthy from Mala, but it's also why I'm poking her about it. Would vote there if you flip town.

And you're decompressing what you said into "don't see the point in talking about the person you replaced" in the same breath as giving excuses for him. Calling him "low-hanging lynch fruit" admits you found him scummy, or at least see why we would, which is a defense of his actions that as town you shouldn't feel compelled to defend against except through your own actions.
Glork and quadz08 are my favorite.

I like tomatoes.
Fro99er
Fro99er
Survivor
Fro99er
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #333 (ISO) » Wed Aug 19, 2015 5:18 pm

Post by Fro99er »

Please make sure your vote in the VC is correct (I'm pretty sure it is, but it's always good to have you all double check).

Also, I have updated the countdown timers on all vote count posts to reflect the new/correct deadline
"I officially announce Fro99er the king of guilties because this is the second time he has guiltied a slot I was really unsure about.
Heil King Froggo.
Ribbit ribbit." -Transcend
MaxwellPuckett
MaxwellPuckett
Mafia Scum
MaxwellPuckett
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #334 (ISO) » Wed Aug 19, 2015 5:25 pm

Post by MaxwellPuckett »

Ika, if you'd been reading MY ISO, you'd see that I initially didn't like his posting, but now I do. And I've already explained that I think zakk is posting just fine. Why don't you tell me how he's been making illogical statements, or blatantly misreading, or generally not playing the game right?

PEDIT @ singersigner: low-hanging fruit because lurker. Also, yeah, I could see why he was being voted... how is that a defense of his actions? I don't care about defending him, but I do care about players who bring Nosferatu's position up in relation to my slot, as if I'm obligated to clean up his mess. (here's looking at you, zakk) And then saying my play is 'strange' as if I'm purposely trying to fix things up. Confbiasing, you see what you wanna see, blah blah blah.
ika
ika
Survivor
ika
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #335 (ISO) » Wed Aug 19, 2015 5:32 pm

Post by ika »

In post 334, MaxwellPuckett wrote:Ika, if you'd been reading MY ISO, you'd see that I initially didn't like his posting, but now I do. And I've already explained that I think zakk is posting just fine. Why don't you tell me how he's been making illogical statements, or blatantly misreading, or generally not playing the game right?

does skimming coutn as reading?

as for the later, i dont deal with logic i deal with how people play and when they are blaitenty wrong this bad i put them as a VI
Malakittens
Malakittens
Survivor
Malakittens
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #336 (ISO) » Wed Aug 19, 2015 6:25 pm

Post by Malakittens »

In post 327, MaxwellPuckett wrote:Malakittens: A breakdown of your reads would be cool.

depends if I feel like it and I don't. I don't really have strong reads on D1 besides those whom I have a lot of experience with, which is listed in my ISO.

@Singer:

It's mainly how he wrote it. It doesn't really feel earnest I guess. I mean I don't really agree with a lot of those reads. Such as he keeps going on and on about notty. Everyone is talking about MS and now he scum reads him which makes me think he's being opportunistic. He hasn't engaged Metal Sonic once. He has him listed as a scum read when people are looking at him. The only time he asked/directed a post was asking him why he was being 'useless'.

I also started the reply about his wall re:notty, but I was talking with someone and then realized part way through the responses I couldn't fucking careless because he's creating a lot of noise that I don't particularly think he will listen to anyways. Plus the person whom I was speaking to is more important at this point so yea~
No matter how high the stakes, sooner or later you're just gonna have to go with your gut.

Malakittens
Malakittens
Survivor
Malakittens
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #337 (ISO) » Wed Aug 19, 2015 6:28 pm

Post by Malakittens »

Also I'm really scared to give metal sonic a pass for his inactivity right now because meta can change. In the last three scum games I have seen of sonic he actually cares about the game and puts effort in. So seeing this play bothers me a lot because I actually think it's town, but I have this paranoia that it's a trap for him to go unnoticed for the game and coast by for an easy scum win. =\

That's something I think I argued in TM about LLD's apathy and I swore that slot couldn't be scum, but she did flip scum. :\

notscience
notscience
Survivor
notscience
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #338 (ISO) » Wed Aug 19, 2015 6:34 pm

Post by notscience »

I think Mala is town.

This is good.
Show
STRIKE HARD

STRIKE FAST

NO MERCY
Malakittens
Malakittens
Survivor
Malakittens
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #339 (ISO) » Wed Aug 19, 2015 6:36 pm

Post by Malakittens »

Also I know I'm fencesitting on ms, but I'm willing to just fucking lynch him or force him to get replaced in other to have someone in that slot. I can't let myself allow him to go through the game like this because he's not helping at all.

AxleGreaser
AxleGreaser
Mafia Scum
AxleGreaser
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #340 (ISO) » Wed Aug 19, 2015 6:48 pm

Post by AxleGreaser »

<more deleted stuff>
I sure hope you know what your doing. I said fly my pretties and that was free license from me to go find your own targets, and that i kinda endorsed where people (Well the ones I thought were pretty) were looking.
but sooner or later I am going to have words....

In post 328, singersigner wrote:Also, this is a minor thing, but Axel, could you stop spoilering so much? It makes crtl-fing your ISO a lot more difficult, and I'm not really sure what the point of spoilering so much is anyway. If you have walls, you have walls, but try to learn to say what you have to say in fewer words so people will be more likely to read it.

Thats a point i had not considered. The spoilered is designed to make it readable, and skimmable. I will cogitate.
shaddowez
shaddowez
He/Him
Mafia Scum
shaddowez
He/Him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #341 (ISO) » Wed Aug 19, 2015 6:57 pm

Post by shaddowez »

In post 287, MaxwellPuckett wrote:shaddowez: Sorry, after the PEDIT I was talking to singersigner. I didn't realize I hadn't actually put her name in there until you pointed it out.

Besides that part, do you agree or disagree that the three fluffy/silly posts (VeeGee's, BBT's, and all of Sonic's posts) are all different from each other?

I find them more similar than you do, but I can see where you're coming from. My main concern would be MS just slipping by at this point by just sheeping Mala and not providing any real content.

In post 290, MaxwellPuckett wrote:but beyond that my memory is not giving me anything and I doubt an ISO would change anything by itself if my initial readthrough of notscience didn't hit my scumdar.

I don't like this,
at all
. IMO rereads are essential, I know I've missed stuff or read into things differently once other posts have been made.

In post 319, AxleGreaser wrote:I will be interested in you showing me how VeeGee is scummier than is normal for vee gee.

Axle
- Do you have links to show this is VeeGee's town play, because I'm also looking for a VeeGee lynch at the moment.
V/LA on Weekends
AxleGreaser
AxleGreaser
Mafia Scum
AxleGreaser
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #342 (ISO) » Wed Aug 19, 2015 7:09 pm

Post by AxleGreaser »

In post 328, singersigner wrote:but try to learn to say what you have to say in fewer words so people will be more likely to read it.

Ok but i have been trying to do that since before you were born, and this where i am upto, in terms of brevity.
Mainly i hope town is more likely to try and understand me than scum. Wincon baby.
zakk
zakk
Jack of All Trades
zakk
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #343 (ISO) » Wed Aug 19, 2015 7:36 pm

Post by zakk »

VOTE: Malakittens
permanently retired

see here for more info
AxleGreaser
AxleGreaser
Mafia Scum
AxleGreaser
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #344 (ISO) » Wed Aug 19, 2015 7:36 pm

Post by AxleGreaser »

In post 341, shaddowez wrote:Axle - Do you have links to show this is VeeGee's town play, because I'm also looking for a VeeGee lynch at the moment.

I am not on the VeeGee wagon, getting those would be your due diligence?
I had pretty good read/skim of most (quite few) players previous games (during pregame and early in the game) doubling down on that by collecting links didn't seem worth it.

Also I have NOT claimed he is town, I have asked how the people who have voted him as most likely to flip scum reached that conclusion.
TBMK it is going to be basically impossible to be much surer than random that he is town or scum.
So the VeeGee voters are content to basically random lynch today. That smells like a cop out especially this early and not as late D1 compromise.
The townies who are doing that are just failing to commit or find read they believe, and the scum would be doing that to be hiding there, as its easy to conflate bad with scum.
Here are his topics. (about 3 out 4 of those completed games should be town ones.)
http://forum.mafiascum.net/search.php?a ... &sr=topics

any incompleted games in there where his slot has flipped you will have to find for yourself.

And hey with sample sized that small, there will exist patterns that go hey hes scum. There is also the difference of context to contend with.

TLDR: I am pretty sure what i would post as links would show that not playing is Vee Gees game and were done.
VeeGees play will be such that its plausible to do the posts as either, and were stuck with making judgement calls do I think VeeGee as scum would do that at that time, or just lurk some more.

I dont recall ANY claims that this is Vee Gees scum play.

BBT: seriously soft peddles and waffles.
In post 105, BlueBloodedToffee wrote:OK, that didn't take long. No RVS wagon saddens me.

Let's get this going;

VOTE: VeeGee

There is zero accountability if that flips town. he was after all just sad there had been no RVS wagon, so...., he voted someone and said lets go....
Thats not wagon thats a witch burning

Not sure I understand your reasoning for Voting VeeGee could you summarise it for me.

and for gawds sake dont just jump off the veegee wagon onto Maxwell,, unless you explain it rather thoroughly... first. "doing this for now" also seems not to take much responsibility for actually believing your vote.
AxleGreaser
AxleGreaser
Mafia Scum
AxleGreaser
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #345 (ISO) » Wed Aug 19, 2015 7:45 pm

Post by AxleGreaser »

In post 343, zakk wrote:VOTE: Malakittens

Thats weird. Mala is 4th

I understand what is plausible to achieve comes into the equation.

but given the huge list of tells in is claimed by you to be objectively scummy,
you have not seemed to me real keen to get them heard and acted on.

not liking it.
Malakittens
Malakittens
Survivor
Malakittens
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #346 (ISO) » Wed Aug 19, 2015 7:46 pm

Post by Malakittens »

In post 343, zakk wrote:VOTE: Malakittens

I'd ask you to explain, but I doubt you will.

Look how easy it was to drop your higher scum reads and go right back to me!

AxleGreaser
AxleGreaser
Mafia Scum
AxleGreaser
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #347 (ISO) » Wed Aug 19, 2015 7:58 pm

Post by AxleGreaser »

In post 331, ika wrote:You read his iso and tell me how is not a setup of a VI.

I agree many of his earlier post have been content and reasoning free...
That is not town tell and not only explainable by a VI hypothesis.

I disagree with many of his points, in this post
but i would like you to explain to me how a VI makes such post.

yes the points are
garbage
and dont actually apply
or apply to Zakks own posting more so than NotSciences..

BUT

not VI.
To pull that many scum tells fake or otherwise out basically every post in filter requires an understanding of how the game is played.

Given Vi is not a viable excuse for his play.

What other viable reason do you have to excuse his play.

please Comment on Maxwells posting and show me how it is scummy.

Oh yeah and i am done with the need FOSing

VOTE: Zakk

@Thread

However if someone LOl hammers and deprives me of twilight (where i expect will have things to say)(on the off chance)
lynch their scummy arse tomorrow...
AxleGreaser
AxleGreaser
Mafia Scum
AxleGreaser
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #348 (ISO) » Wed Aug 19, 2015 8:48 pm

Post by AxleGreaser »

In post 292, Shiro wrote:@Singer and Notscience

Nos was inactive and the moment someone started pressuring him he replaced out.

I find that kind of thing scummy. it is not as strong of an indication as if he was being pushed hard but it still tick me.

Shiro you are second last vote on the wagon
Please read maxwells post and explain why you are voting that slot.

TBMK you are voting only becuase it replaced out and
In post 292, Shiro wrote:Nos was inactive and the moment someone started pressuring him he replaced out.

I find that kind of thing scummy. it is not as strong of an indication as if he was being pushed hard but it still tick me.

is your only reason.

There is rather lot more in the Slots filter now. What is your current opinion.
Shiro
Shiro
Jack of All Trades
Shiro
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #349 (ISO) » Thu Aug 20, 2015 1:03 am

Post by Shiro »

Axl I will get back to you

Max have you played with zakk before? Alternatively have you read his games?

@Mala You said you played with zakk right? Excuse me but which part of his play is hard to read? I can see that from someone who never played with him but otherwise it is pretty straightforward.

Infact the only thing that makes me doubt my zakk townread is the fact that he hasn't been driven to claim from those that don't know him yet.

Which brings me back to max and my question. If he has no knowledge of zakk (which seems to be the case) I find his defense of him to be awful and one of two things.

1. Scum trying to defend partner and incase he gets lynched give Wifom of none would blatantly defend his partner so obviously.

Now I believe zakk is town which brings us to

2. Scum who is defending zakk so when zakk dies/gets lynched he can get told you so cred.

Is it impossible to be town defending a real town read? No but it is more unlike it in my opinion.

It seems I won't have to get back to you Axl

Return to “Completed Mini Normal Games”