Really Good Plays that amazed you

This forum is for discussion related to the game.
mastin2
mastin2
The Second Coming
mastin2
The Second Coming
The Second Coming

Post Post #10 (isolation #0) » Fri Aug 14, 2015 10:43 am

Post by mastin2 »

Gonna link you to a little bit of a story.
In Anything Goes, I was in a hydra with Katsuki, as a scum gladiator.
We decided pregame that we would form a townbloc out of all the scum players, heavily defending one another.
...Then, as the game progressed, one by one, our scumbuddies progressively got more and more screwed over.

Yet some highlights from that game include us gladiating Angry Frat BROs (a hydra of AngryPidgeon and BROseidon) on D3 (after a half-serious one-off comment about us maybe being blocked N1 when trying), in spite of...them having nailed the entirety of the scumteam. They were a town bulletproof. Then, in an amazing feat, later in the game, we managed to lynch a confirmed fruit vendor when there was only one scum left. That's right, in spite of them being supposedly conftown, we managed to lynch them, and get away with it, because we went on to win the game, despite the numerous ways we had been screwed over.

Why do I mention this game?
Because of a little thing called Tales of You.

Slogan of the scumteam that game? "Fuck nightkilling the players who have correct scumreads on us, we're just going to lynch them."
And they did
In spite of me having generally-pretty-good reads (at different times having all members of the scumteam in my sights), I, as...yep...a town BP...got lynched D2, and in spite of me telling everyone that AP (and Nacho) was scum...and that Katsuki was town...Katsuki got lynched D3 in spite of Katsuki
also
having good reads. Guess who went on to win that game. (Oh, and Red Gyarados? Pretty much the only living player to have accurate reads there.) After that, there was only one thing to do:
Spoiler: I made these for AP
Image Image
Image Image
My academy.
"...You have a blog?!?" (Yes, I do. Click.)
Agnigi
, 13p Mini Theme sequel to Gistou, is in design and could use reviewers!
mastin2
mastin2
The Second Coming
mastin2
The Second Coming
The Second Coming

Post Post #35 (isolation #1) » Sun Aug 16, 2015 10:51 pm

Post by mastin2 »

In post 17, FakeGod wrote:Solo scum play by Katsuki from Through the Looking-Glass
He was nominated and won the Don Corleone scummy for 2014.
Katsuki also played half (more like 3/4ths) of Anything Goes, as the hydra Unmasked Kit with me, winning that game. (I helped, but I mainly provided moral support except in a couple of key instances where I was instrumental in the lynch, e.g. AP, Mac, 3p lylo.)

In post 34, Titus wrote:Varsoon's scumgame
Mastina's reads in any game I am not in.
Oi! My scumplay's pretty amazing, too!

It's just that most people don't get to see it thanks to my disproportionately small number of scumgames!

The last "big time" scumgame of mine was Left 4 Dead. You have to understand that, at the time, I had
just
finished writing the Stop Bussing article. (Okay, so a few months, but it was still fresh in mind.) Then, in the pregame chatter for L4D, I had a radical idea I proposed to my scumbuddies: I asked them if it would be okay for us to all do cross-bussing and list all our scumbuddies as our scumreads.

And we did
. We bussed enough to make it obvious we held "suspicion" of our scumbuddies, but JUST lightly enough that we were able to get a mislynch. N1, I predicted that I would be investigated (I even had a hunch it'd be by BBMolla!), but decided not to do anything about it and instead kill AP, the player most likely to figure out my scum plan.

Then, D2 rolled around, and BBMolla softed (but didn't outright claim) a guilty on me. So what did I do? I openly claimed scum, and then proceeded to troll the town for the remainder of the day, including sewing the seeds of doubt into the minds of the town about their cop. (Which ultimately netted us a free mislynch and an exposed cop we could freely deal with.)

I knew I could trust my scumbuddies to win, too, not only for our D1 play, but because Majiffy was my scumbuddy and I knew he and I thought alike when it came to kills. When I talk about situational awareness, this is one of my favorite games to cite, because going into it, I
knew
people would be scumreading me. (Disclosure #2: I was scum in the predecessor-game to L4D, Walking Dead, which had most of the same players and a large number who knew how to read me correctly. So basically, when going into the game, I knew that I was going to die, and die early. So instead of playing a game of survivalism, from the get-go, I was aiming to make sure players were mislead.) So I turned what should have been a disadvantage (them scumreading me) into a weapon.

Reason it got me a scummy nom.
My academy.
Agnigi
mastin2
mastin2
The Second Coming
mastin2
The Second Coming
The Second Coming

Post Post #52 (isolation #2) » Sat Aug 22, 2015 10:38 am

Post by mastin2 »

There's more than those two games.
kuribo has lead lynches against me, when he was scum, a large number of times.

Even when I was an alt, he did it! Of course, he had no way of knowing it was me, but I did, was frustrated, and yet amused, when it happened.
My academy.
Agnigi
mastin2
mastin2
The Second Coming
mastin2
The Second Coming
The Second Coming

Post Post #58 (isolation #3) » Tue Aug 25, 2015 7:04 am

Post by mastin2 »

(Unsurprisingly.)
(I can't get the image to work, but quote this post to see it.)
My academy.
Agnigi
mastin2
mastin2
The Second Coming
mastin2
The Second Coming
The Second Coming

Post Post #70 (isolation #4) » Thu Aug 27, 2015 1:39 pm

Post by mastin2 »

In post 69, Magister Ludi wrote:There was some game way back with a whole lineup of good people; Yos2, MrBuddyLee, I hydraed with Thor, CrashTextDummy, real good game. Large normal.
That would be The Death of Reaper Charlie.

(Oh, god I was so terrible. :oops:)

Some of the best townplay around (save mine :facepalm:), some of the best scumplay around, really solid game overall.
My academy.
Agnigi

Return to “Mafia Discussion”