Daytalk for Newbies

This forum is for discussion related to the game.
Porochaz
Porochaz
Oh, Prozac
Porochaz
Oh, Prozac
Oh, Prozac

Post Post #12 (isolation #0) » Fri Sep 04, 2015 1:10 pm

Post by Porochaz »

No. We want games to match site meta as much as possible, this doesn't involve daytalk.

Also scumtalk in oldy mafia 2 made a huge difference to our scum win.
Mostly retired. Unless you ask or it's something interesting.
Porochaz
Porochaz
Oh, Prozac
Porochaz
Oh, Prozac
Oh, Prozac

Post Post #13 (isolation #1) » Fri Sep 04, 2015 1:12 pm

Post by Porochaz »

Also the main purpose of newbie games is to weed those not interested out rather than trying to retain people. Especially if we bend too far to trying to retain people then when they get into "proper" games they flake because it wasn't like their newbie experience.
Porochaz
Porochaz
Oh, Prozac
Porochaz
Oh, Prozac
Oh, Prozac

Post Post #21 (isolation #2) » Fri Sep 04, 2015 3:55 pm

Post by Porochaz »

Well, as I've played 3 games in the last however long, and the 1 mentioned above had day talk, 1 didn't and the other I can't remember, I was town. So I might not be in the best position to say anything.

I also think you are trying to keep things as simple as possible for newbies. Encryptor does complicate things, I think if you were to do this, it would have to be a blanket daytalk or no daytalk.

I just think there are better ways of doing this PLUS I'd be interested to see how many replacements are needed from scum/town slots. Because I'd imagine that more people would be thrilled at being scum.

Also it blurs the don't talk out of the game thread rule, which might be a silly reason but Im taking the stance that all newbies are dumb.
Porochaz
Porochaz
Oh, Prozac
Porochaz
Oh, Prozac
Oh, Prozac

Post Post #22 (isolation #3) » Fri Sep 04, 2015 4:01 pm

Post by Porochaz »

Putting Encryptor in starts giving some games daytalk and some without. It's bleh at best, if the enjoyment factor is an issue (which I don't think it is) then you need to allow it over all the games, if it's a help out the newbs thing then same applies.

Im not sure why we have shifted focus on trying to get people to stay on site. Either they are going to enjoy the game or they aren't. Trying to cater for them in the newbie thread is a very dangerous game as it means that when they move on to the larger games they may see it's not sunshine and roses and replace out there at a later date. Newbies are a taster of the site at it's basics. There are good reasons for that. I don't see the point of adding bells and whistles and chocolate ice cream to it when it's not needed.
Porochaz
Porochaz
Oh, Prozac
Porochaz
Oh, Prozac
Oh, Prozac

Post Post #36 (isolation #4) » Sat Sep 05, 2015 5:23 pm

Post by Porochaz »

In post 30, Bicephalous Bob wrote:
In post 12, Porochaz wrote:We want games to match site meta as much as possible

why

really?

Because we are giving newbies a taste of what to expect on the main site.

Return to “Mafia Discussion”