The IC and SE System

This forum is for discussion related to the game.
Plotinus
Plotinus
Kitten Caboodle
Plotinus
Kitten Caboodle
Kitten Caboodle

Post Post #111 (isolation #0) » Mon Aug 24, 2015 6:04 am

Post by Plotinus »

I think even just giving the IC their own PT with the mod for recording their thoughts while the game was going on would help with the feedback thing. It’s a lot easier for me to say things when they’re fresh on my mind.

I was only IC once but once my buddy died and I had daytalk with myself, i started leaving a lot of feedback for the newer players in the mafia PT.
The failure mode of clever is asshole.

Modding checklists | Sequencer is in Game 5 | Space II is in Day 4
Plotinus
Plotinus
Kitten Caboodle
Plotinus
Kitten Caboodle
Kitten Caboodle

Post Post #113 (isolation #1) » Mon Aug 24, 2015 6:11 am

Post by Plotinus »

I would also totally use it to explain what I was trying to accomplish with various posts of mine. since usually i’m doing a bunch of different things at once with a post. i might write down predictions for how i think town would respond to a post and how i think scum would respond to a post and why. or use it to point out crumbs (mine or other people’s). or just any number of other things that would be antitown or just too much information to include during the game itself.

i spent most of 3p lylo privately cheerleading the newbie who i’d brought into lylo who was doing really well.

Plotinus
Plotinus
Kitten Caboodle
Plotinus
Kitten Caboodle
Kitten Caboodle

Post Post #115 (isolation #2) » Mon Aug 24, 2015 6:23 am

Post by Plotinus »

I was overextended on mafia while I was ICing but I still managed to do it. At one point I was in 7 games which is over twice what my personal limit is. I still managed to leave proper feedback. Part of being a good IC is prioritising the newbie game that you’re ICing. I won’t say I played as well in that game as I would have if I had not been overextended on mafia, and I did not win, but it doesn’t have to be a novel either, the IC could just write a few words here and there as the game progresses. It all adds up.

anyway, next time I’ll IC I’m going to ask the mod to make me a PT for IC feedback. I can’t imagine they’d say no.

Plotinus
Plotinus
Kitten Caboodle
Plotinus
Kitten Caboodle
Kitten Caboodle

Post Post #117 (isolation #3) » Mon Aug 24, 2015 6:29 am

Post by Plotinus »

yeah, that’d be cool too. I think I might even enjoy doing that more than actually playing. but i’m kinda weird and the “actually interacting with other people” part is the hardest part of the game for me.

Plotinus
Plotinus
Kitten Caboodle
Plotinus
Kitten Caboodle
Kitten Caboodle

Post Post #145 (isolation #4) » Wed Sep 16, 2015 8:32 pm

Post by Plotinus »

SQUEE daytalk with myself YAY.

why is quoting the confessional PT bad, since it’s your own thoughts being quoted?

Plotinus
Plotinus
Kitten Caboodle
Plotinus
Kitten Caboodle
Kitten Caboodle

Post Post #148 (isolation #5) » Wed Sep 16, 2015 9:20 pm

Post by Plotinus »

ah okay. that makes sense. metagaming is bad, I agree.

I drafted some posts in the mafia PT when I was scum IC. some of my IC posts I wanted to ask the mod if it was against the rules to say certain things as an IC, like telling them that in LYLO it’s generally good practice to reexamine our reads when I knew that particular advice wouldn’t help them in the particular lylo we were in, and she okayed it so I did post it verbatim.

I think not being allowed to say it’s a quote from the confessional should make it okay?

In a recent completed mini someone asked me why I’d done something a few weeks prior and I didn’t remember but I went back through my hydra PT to figure out what was i was thinking back then. and when i don’t have a PT of any sort I have a text file with thoughts in some format, not neccessarily a coherent one, that I can dump into the thread behind a spoiler if I feel it’s beneficial to me in some way (either because i’m expecting to be nightkilled or because i’m trying to get myself nightkilled or because i’m scum and people tend to townread me for doing that).

Plotinus
Plotinus
Kitten Caboodle
Plotinus
Kitten Caboodle
Kitten Caboodle

Post Post #150 (isolation #6) » Wed Sep 16, 2015 10:47 pm

Post by Plotinus »

yeah. paraphrasing is better anyway, theoretically it is more concise! (in practice sometimes i go onto another tangent and the paraphrase is longer than the original)

Return to “Mafia Discussion”