Simple but functioning/fun setups

This forum is for discussion related to the game.
Ether
Ether
Lyrical Rampage
Ether
Lyrical Rampage
Lyrical Rampage
Pronoun:

Post Post #10 (isolation #0) » Thu Sep 17, 2015 6:22 pm

Post by Ether »

Friends and Enemies is good. Near-Vanilla might be up my alley, but I've never played one. Alternating 9P seems to also work out all right? I liked F11 when it was around. Twin Trap isn't teeeeeeeeechnically normal, since Tracker-Immune and Watcher-Immune aren't whitelisted modifiers, but it's still very straightforward. Pick Your Poison is normal outside of the pregame choice given to scum, although I can't help but think Patrick's versions of it were more interesting.

If we're plugging our mountainous opens, don't forget Chosen! More people should run Chosens. Games that balance themselves through forcing scum to behave differently are neat.

Truth and Justice has no sense of balance and shouldn't be played. You can't just take the C9++ format and throw in some weak power roles and strong mafia counters and call it a day. When you're getting setups like 1 bodyguard+6 vanilla townies vs. a mafia JOAT+a mafia roleblocker, something has gone very, very wrong.
As I move my vote
Towards your wagon, town is taking note
It fills my head up and gets louder and
LOUDER
Ether
Ether
Lyrical Rampage
Ether
Lyrical Rampage
Lyrical Rampage
Pronoun:

Post Post #13 (isolation #1) » Thu Sep 17, 2015 6:42 pm

Post by Ether »

The chances of any single setup are rare, because that's how C9++ format games work. That does not make the design okay. It just means that your perception of what corresponds to 3 Ms' worth of mafia power is extremely off. I don't want to turn this thread into a discussion of how to fix that, so that's my last word on the subject.
As I move my vote
Towards your wagon, town is taking note
It fills my head up and gets louder and
LOUDER

Return to “Mafia Discussion”