Micro 530: Auction Mafia II Final!

Micro Games (9 players or fewer). Archived during the 2023 queue overhaul.
Ricastle
Ricastle
Mafia Scum
Ricastle
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #100 (ISO) » Sat Sep 26, 2015 9:33 pm

Post by Ricastle »

In post 83, Vedith wrote:I'm not in scum mind set so I can't answer that.

And when did I say that they would definitely go to scum? This is another one of your intentional misinterpretations.

FB - Come and make your Other body look less scummy please because he is setting off the bells.

In post 85, Vedith wrote:Okay, what makes you think that? Without claiming that I said something other than I have.

To clarify, looking scummy and actually being scummy it two different things.

I would say scum FB though if you are the one who did - Confirm if this was you or not?

In post 88, Vedith wrote:Such a scummy post. XD using words like "refusing" etc is a scum tactic. Again, if FB I am 100% convinced that he is scum.

In post 90, Vedith wrote:I'm pretty sure I did.
For example - When you said to say who should and shouldn't bid. This is only helping scum.
I mean, re read the game and it will tell you a lot.

But just because you are thinking does not mean that scum is thinking it. You are basically saying here that you act against how scum you would act.
Me scum would do things differently to you scum. For example, not use random.org to lynch. This is why this comment is invalid.

Would you like more on the matter? To why it's a pointless comment, I mean.
Orcknight
Orcknight
Goon
Orcknight
Goon
Goon

Post Post #101 (ISO) » Sat Sep 26, 2015 9:59 pm

Post by Orcknight »

Wow, busy night guys. Differing timezones are a nightmare. I'll catch up later when I'm on a PC later today my time.

Just to field the one question asked of me: "visit" = "bidding" =p. Damn phone auto corrected it.
HellBringer
HellBringer
Townie
HellBringer
Townie
Townie

Post Post #102 (ISO) » Sat Sep 26, 2015 10:42 pm

Post by HellBringer »

Just noticed the day is 10 fucking days long. Jesus titty fucking christ that is a ton of time. I now understand why the players on this site play 20 games at a time.. I am kind of astounded.. Who's life is THAT busy. Lol..
Hydra of Firebringer and Helz
HellBringer
HellBringer
Townie
HellBringer
Townie
Townie

Post Post #103 (ISO) » Sat Sep 26, 2015 10:43 pm

Post by HellBringer »

If town can not win with days that long I will eat my hat. That is such a massive amount of time to coordinate and share reads I am shocked scum ever wins.
HellBringer
HellBringer
Townie
HellBringer
Townie
Townie

Post Post #104 (ISO) » Sat Sep 26, 2015 10:55 pm

Post by HellBringer »

I would like to strongly discourage any early hammer regardless of how sure you are the player is scum. If I said more about that it would be counter-productive but use restraint people. With that amount of time we can do an ungodly amount. If players are actually willing to play, contribute reads with reasoning, and pressure I just do not see any way we can loose this. Hell. We can probably find all the scum D1 reguardless of everyone's skill level. Just play and be honest and the deception will be stupid obvious in a hurry.
HellBringer
HellBringer
Townie
HellBringer
Townie
Townie

Post Post #105 (ISO) » Sat Sep 26, 2015 11:02 pm

Post by HellBringer »

@Ricastle What about those posts do you find scummy? Quoting is great and all but an FoS without reasoning is pretty worthless in every way.
All Alone
All Alone
Goon
All Alone
Goon
Goon

Post Post #106 (ISO) » Sat Sep 26, 2015 11:51 pm

Post by All Alone »

Helz is town. 102-104 makes a lot of sense coming from someone who's fresh from sc2 mafia (days are like 24 hours there iirc). I doubt his reaction here is fake, and I doubt he would have that reaction as scum.

not really feeling the vedith wagon here tbh. I'm staying on orcknight

In post 101, Orcknight wrote:Wow, busy night guys. Differing timezones are a nightmare. I'll catch up later when I'm on a PC later today my time.

Just to field the one question asked of me: "visit" = "bidding" =p. Damn phone auto corrected it.

If you're not caught up then how do you know only one question was asked of you? Are you reading but pretending not to read so you don't have to post content?
dear princess celestia, sometimes it can be hard for a shy pony like me to stand up for myself, and when i first tried it, i didn't like the pony i became. but i've learned that standing up for yourself isn't the same as changing who you are. now i know how to put my hoof down without being unpleasant or mean
Ricastle
Ricastle
Mafia Scum
Ricastle
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #107 (ISO) » Sun Sep 27, 2015 12:05 am

Post by Ricastle »

"Intentional misinterpretations" - that is scum wording. Also I see scum more often than town refuse to hypothesise what they would do as scum, for fairly obvious reasons.

85 starts the trend of the cautious push on you. Evidently he sees that there is a substantial opening to attack you but ONLY if you were the Fire head. I can see why a scum player who knew Fire would think on those lines. More importantly, he's set up to be able to completely redact his attack if it isn't against who he hopes it is - why on earth is there need to be so offensive yet defensive as town? Especially when he's already made out that the Helz head is performing actions he considers scummy anyway?

85 continues this trend. And he beats around the bush instead of actually responding to you. Why on earth does it make any difference who posted that if it's so ridiculously scummy? It's not natural.

"But just because you are thinking does not mean scum is thinking it. ... Me scum would do things different to you scum." Like damn that is really bad.

Also just to be pedantic, it's not a FoS if it comes with a vote.

Pedit: Yeah, Orcknight isn't a bad choice either, ftr.
HellBringer
HellBringer
Townie
HellBringer
Townie
Townie

Post Post #108 (ISO) » Sun Sep 27, 2015 12:21 am

Post by HellBringer »

Defensive justification posts and contradictions all in one post. What more could you ask for?

@AA- Why don't you like the Vedith push?
HellBringer
HellBringer
Townie
HellBringer
Townie
Townie

Post Post #109 (ISO) » Sun Sep 27, 2015 12:23 am

Post by HellBringer »

On an unrelated topic- Your avatar makes me cry on the inside
Ricastle
Ricastle
Mafia Scum
Ricastle
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #110 (ISO) » Sun Sep 27, 2015 12:55 am

Post by Ricastle »

Is that aimed at me or Vedith? I assume it's the former so I'd really like you to expand on that.

Also, I don't believe it is your place to criticise my avatar when yours is pretty much the same size. :l
HellBringer
HellBringer
Townie
HellBringer
Townie
Townie

Post Post #111 (ISO) » Sun Sep 27, 2015 1:34 am

Post by HellBringer »

I love anon accounts because most players are dumb enough to look at their role card before grabbing an avatar- That is no the case here so avatars mean nothing. But Always Alone with that avatar paints a perfect picture with its own sense of beauty. Just for some fluff I love my name as that it fits my and fires play style and I would rock the fuck out of that handle if I was a solo account. But my and your avatar is nothing of consequence.

And its not the size that matters. Its how you use it (Or so people with small dicks would say) ; )
lane0168
lane0168
Jack of All Trades
lane0168
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #112 (ISO) » Sun Sep 27, 2015 2:20 am

Post by lane0168 »

In post 25, lane0168 wrote:HELLLLOOOOO let's get this game going eh?

I take this back. Can you guys just slow down a little bit. And ffs fire, can you please tell your other head to go read the game???
lane0168
lane0168
Jack of All Trades
lane0168
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #113 (ISO) » Sun Sep 27, 2015 2:20 am

Post by lane0168 »

The other game
HellBringer
HellBringer
Townie
HellBringer
Townie
Townie

Post Post #114 (ISO) » Sun Sep 27, 2015 2:21 am

Post by HellBringer »

Not gona happen. I really do not see what it could possibly matter anyways. Sure it will reflect what plays worked and did not work but I don't see that relating to anything I am doing right now.
HellBringer
HellBringer
Townie
HellBringer
Townie
Townie

Post Post #115 (ISO) » Sun Sep 27, 2015 2:23 am

Post by HellBringer »

And I like the level of participation. If anything I wouldn't mind if we stepped it up. It makes it easier to tell players apart and harder for some scum to really maneuver when there is lots of content on the table.
lane0168
lane0168
Jack of All Trades
lane0168
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #116 (ISO) » Sun Sep 27, 2015 2:24 am

Post by lane0168 »

In post 47, HellBringer wrote:I say we organize who bids on what items and how much, we can do this better than last iteration of game.
Town put bids as high as 50 but not higher, preferably stick to one item.

If scum want to win, they will have to bid 51 and then we can win all items from then on.

This was my plan last game. People didn't like it for some reason. I'm still for it, the biggest defense was that you always get a townie or 2 that fuck it all up.

We will not be seeing whose players to bid and players to keep all their money however. That's just stupid as hell.

P-edit: really? You just accused vedith of insinuating you were scum when if you had some something as simple as read, you would have understood what he said
lane0168
lane0168
Jack of All Trades
lane0168
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #117 (ISO) » Sun Sep 27, 2015 2:27 am

Post by lane0168 »

In post 55, HellBringer wrote:
In post 53, Vedith wrote:
You really should look into the last game. It will give you a clearer understanding.

I plan on it. But not for a while. I think this is a lobby full of players who played the last game together. This means if scum is good they will play off players impressions from the last game. I will keep a perspective free of that for a while. Probably N2 or D3 I will go through it and re-read the game. Forgive my ignorance for a day or two : )

Oh is it? You consider 2 1/2 of 9 players full of them?
lane0168
lane0168
Jack of All Trades
lane0168
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #118 (ISO) » Sun Sep 27, 2015 2:38 am

Post by lane0168 »

2 very bad cases on Vedith. BUT I'll sheep helz all day since he'll be able to find scum on day 1. If whoever he decides day 1 flips town it'll be obvious he's scum.
lane0168
lane0168
Jack of All Trades
lane0168
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #119 (ISO) » Sun Sep 27, 2015 2:42 am

Post by lane0168 »

In post 105, HellBringer wrote:@Ricastle What about those posts do you find scummy? Quoting is great and all but an FoS without reasoning is pretty worthless in every way.

Totally agree. Hate that shit.

I think vedith and hellbringer and most likely both town.

Ricastle has the potential to be latching on to a wagon early that he thinks will end in lynch... that spot has my attention.
HellBringer
HellBringer
Townie
HellBringer
Townie
Townie

Post Post #120 (ISO) » Sun Sep 27, 2015 2:47 am

Post by HellBringer »

So I present a shit town plan and follow it up with a shit FoS in your opinion but you are willing to follow it so you can lynch me tomorrow if I am wrong? How very townie of you.

But like I said before I can provide examples if you really think its that big of a thing. Im really not that great of a player but I put a lot of value and effort in D1 because I see it as the biggest challenge and the most fun. I can throw some reading material at you that you would probably love if you are interested on the subject. Its from proven players that actually know what they are doing (as opposed to my blundering play style that entertains the shit out of me)
lane0168
lane0168
Jack of All Trades
lane0168
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #121 (ISO) » Sun Sep 27, 2015 3:01 am

Post by lane0168 »

And can you guys figure out how to put the post links in? That'd be great thanks

Lol well no, I'm not going to follow you helz. But I do think you're town. But I also think vedith is, so if course I wouldn't follow you on that

It doesn't matter how we get the game started. Rvs is just how we do it here and if you don't like it than you don't have to do it.

I also value day 1 the most because some day, maybe not today, maybe not tomorrow, but some day my day 1 reads will be perfect. Last game I nailed one and town fucked it all up. Maybe I can do the same today
HellBringer
HellBringer
Townie
HellBringer
Townie
Townie

Post Post #122 (ISO) » Sun Sep 27, 2015 3:08 am

Post by HellBringer »

I looked through the rules and saw nothing against it so I am going to post this link
http://www.debate.org/debates/Mafia-Deb ... s-On-D1/1/

I highly recommend reading it. I can not imagine any player not becoming better from reading it. For people that play the game seriously its gold.
HellBringer
HellBringer
Townie
HellBringer
Townie
Townie

Post Post #123 (ISO) » Sun Sep 27, 2015 3:09 am

Post by HellBringer »

@Lane- What makes you town read Vedith?
lane0168