Monkey Saint
Monkey Saint
Townie
Monkey Saint
Townie
Townie

Post Post #18 (isolation #1) » Sun Aug 16, 2015 1:53 pm

Post by Monkey Saint »

Sorry I need to learn the vote tags properly.

But I am anything but flimsy.

Hard as a rock.
Monkey Saint
Monkey Saint
Townie
Monkey Saint
Townie
Townie

Post Post #104 (isolation #2) » Mon Aug 17, 2015 12:26 pm

Post by Monkey Saint »

^^HCL, saying a lot but not actually voting?

Johnny is hard to peg, indeed. Felt very protown at first.

I agree with Jake about Stool's read and vote on Davsto feeling like it came out of nowhere.

Jake, what do you think of Davsto's responses to your questions?

VOTE: Jester

Maybe he's Davsto's scum partner
Have Faith
Monkey Saint
Monkey Saint
Townie
Monkey Saint
Townie
Townie

Post Post #108 (isolation #3) » Mon Aug 17, 2015 12:59 pm

Post by Monkey Saint »

In post 106, JohnnyFarrar wrote:
In post 104, Monkey Saint wrote:Johnny is hard to peg, indeed. Felt very protown at first.

'At first' when? When you voted me?

I liked Your original response to my vote.

Are you as suspicious as Dav is of SimpleP? That strong of a scumread?

Jester is also suspicious. His posts feel more bandwagony than most.
Have Faith
Monkey Saint
Monkey Saint
Townie
Monkey Saint
Townie
Townie

Post Post #111 (isolation #4) » Mon Aug 17, 2015 1:13 pm

Post by Monkey Saint »

In post 110, JohnnyFarrar wrote:
In post 108, Monkey Saint wrote:
In post 106, JohnnyFarrar wrote:
In post 104, Monkey Saint wrote:Johnny is hard to peg, indeed. Felt very protown at first.

'At first' when? When you voted me?

I liked Your original response to my vote.

What about my response?

It felt like a very genuine attempt to get things out of RVS. I also like when posts seem like they're clearly trying to have an effect.

Stool, you're spotting scum left and right from miles away. Not sure if you're brilliant, paranoid, or just throwing a smokescreen, but it's at least two of those.
Have Faith
Monkey Saint
Monkey Saint
Townie
Monkey Saint
Townie
Townie

Post Post #123 (isolation #5) » Mon Aug 17, 2015 6:24 pm

Post by Monkey Saint »

Henry and SimpleP, those are big walls of quotes you have there. Are you guys naming any suspects or is that all just to make yourselves look better?

I'm really not sure where you guys stand right now?
Have Faith
Monkey Saint
Monkey Saint
Townie
Monkey Saint
Townie
Townie

Post Post #233 (isolation #6) » Wed Aug 19, 2015 3:15 pm

Post by Monkey Saint »

In post 192, JohnnyFarrar wrote:
In post 191, JohnnyFarrar wrote:Henry and Bells should explain to me why Jester's a better vote than the two bigger wagons right now

Monkey Saint, rather

It's been kind of hard for me to tell who the best suspects to focus on are. Davsto was suspicious but I'm not sure if I need any more from him today. Jake is more suspicious but he posts profusely too and everyone is throwing accusations at him, but no one is actually voting him. VOTE: Jake from State Farm If this is how defensive he gets when he's not even being voted, I'd love to see him under scrutiny.

I'm also mad at people who aren't voting anyone. It feels like total fencesitting. Is this your playstyles of something?
Have Faith
Monkey Saint
Monkey Saint
Townie
Monkey Saint
Townie
Townie

Post Post #235 (isolation #7) » Wed Aug 19, 2015 3:23 pm

Post by Monkey Saint »

In post 234, Jake from State Farm wrote:I'm convinced people don't know the meaning of the word defensive, certainly monkey doesn't cause in no way have I been defensive the entire game

It was actually a small joke. From your response I can tell you're scum.
Have Faith
Monkey Saint
Monkey Saint
Townie
Monkey Saint
Townie
Townie

Post Post #238 (isolation #8) » Wed Aug 19, 2015 3:30 pm

Post by Monkey Saint »

In post 236, Jake from State Farm wrote:1. That certainly wasn't a joke
2. There was nothing wrong with my response
3. I'm not scum

Sorry you lose

1. It was hilarious
2. You're scumcity
3. You're behaving very differently than when you were arguing about other players
Have Faith
Monkey Saint
Monkey Saint
Townie
Monkey Saint
Townie
Townie

Post Post #240 (isolation #9) » Wed Aug 19, 2015 3:41 pm

Post by Monkey Saint »

You're a lot less agreeable than your signature and avatar would lead me to believe.

What's keeping your vote on Davsto recently? Is it still the fact that he's narrow minded?
Have Faith
Monkey Saint
Monkey Saint
Townie
Monkey Saint
Townie
Townie

Post Post #251 (isolation #10) » Wed Aug 19, 2015 8:20 pm

Post by Monkey Saint »

Johnny what do you think of Optilex? Also did you just do a reread to write those opinions? Or did you already think all those things?
Have Faith
Monkey Saint
Monkey Saint
Townie
Monkey Saint
Townie
Townie

Post Post #339 (isolation #11) » Thu Aug 20, 2015 10:55 am

Post by Monkey Saint »

For the record I think Radiant has been ok. Not great.

Jake and Henry, why do you think Davsto is lying? You guys are that confident in your scumreads? Well Jake obviously not enought to leave your vote.

Throwing suspicion at a claimed role before they can prove themselves? Might be one of the scummiest things I've seen all game.
Have Faith
Monkey Saint
Monkey Saint
Townie
Monkey Saint
Townie
Townie

Post Post #340 (isolation #12) » Thu Aug 20, 2015 10:57 am

Post by Monkey Saint »

We should leave this Davsto wagon alone for today and not even speak of it further. That would be best for the town imo.
Have Faith
Monkey Saint
Monkey Saint
Townie
Monkey Saint
Townie
Townie

Post Post #351 (isolation #13) » Thu Aug 20, 2015 1:14 pm

Post by Monkey Saint »

In post 344, Davsto wrote:
Basically, since I think almost everyone scumreads Davsto, we should let the scum do our work for us in the event that we're wrong on Dav. If Dav survives N1, we either bought the doctor a night action (and we can tell him who to protect) or we're lynching near-confirmed scum D2.

I dislike this rationale. Surely scum could just use this to their advantage, kill someone else and then get a free day of people lynching a town power role over scum?

Save them.
Have Faith
Monkey Saint
Monkey Saint
Townie
Monkey Saint
Townie
Townie

Post Post #352 (isolation #14) » Thu Aug 20, 2015 1:16 pm

Post by Monkey Saint »

In post 343, free stool sample wrote:
In post 342, The_Jester wrote:I don't buy this claim. He's most likely scum (80%) or a lying townie (15%) and we need neither.
VOTE: Davsto
L-1

Isn't this EXACTLY the rationale Davsto used to advocate Cowbells' lynch?

VOTE: Jester

I completely agree. I wanted to see if anyone else would point this out.

REVOTE: Jester
Have Faith
Monkey Saint
Monkey Saint
Townie
Monkey Saint
Townie
Townie

Post Post #355 (isolation #15) » Thu Aug 20, 2015 3:31 pm

Post by Monkey Saint »

In post 354, RadiantCowbells wrote:Monkey saint immediately looking for another wagon to jump on.

Nothing immediate, I've been looking for another wagon to happen for a while now, particularly Jester.

I didn't expect you to be the type to stretch a case. I figured you'd just continue to vote without any explanation.
If anything, you're the one who's coming off opportunistic here.
Have Faith
Monkey Saint
Monkey Saint
Townie
Monkey Saint
Townie
Townie

Post Post #358 (isolation #16) » Thu Aug 20, 2015 4:20 pm

Post by Monkey Saint »

In post 356, RadiantCowbells wrote:
Also, what's opportunistic about my reiterating my support for my major scumread who also happens to have major associative ties with the person I'm currently voting?

It feels like this is a very convenient time for you to seem like your scumhunting, instead of sitting dead on an eager late vote with weak reasoning on a claimed protown role.
Have Faith
Monkey Saint
Monkey Saint
Townie
Monkey Saint
Townie
Townie

Post Post #416 (isolation #17) » Fri Aug 21, 2015 10:56 pm

Post by Monkey Saint »

In post 402, The_Jester wrote:Guess I got a lesson not to post when I'm out of the loop, on LA. I was very tired after a whole day in a bus and didn't bother reading stuff. Saw Dav's claim, thought his play doesn't suit a doc and that mafia's likely to claim particularly this role. Acted on impulse. Mistake dully noted. Will try to post something of value when I come back home.

You acted on impulse and didn't bother reading on an
L-1 vote
? Yet you scanned multiple pages to count the votes. Why? Were you not going to hammer? Just happy putting the claimed power role on the brink quicklynch?

Did you also not happen to notice that we're still less than halfway to deadline? Also why did you leave your "mistake" vote in place here? Another mistake?

Seems like your mistake is at least as bad as Davsto's, if not worse. And you're really brushing it off. If it's really an honest mistake you're just screwing the town over and saying "dully[sic] noted".

I'm happy with a Jester lynch.
Have Faith
Monkey Saint
Monkey Saint
Townie
Monkey Saint
Townie
Townie

Post Post #421 (isolation #18) » Sat Aug 22, 2015 5:01 am

Post by Monkey Saint »

In post 418, RadiantCowbells wrote:Anyone who is currently or in the future votes Jester is claiming that they are either scum and/or incompetent and either way their votes are forfeit and they're just going to vote where I tell them to.

Why the hell is Davsto still alive? That's literally the most disgustingly weak doctor claim and given the commonplace nature of scum doc claims and the fact that docs are almost always low-power roles in the setups they're used in him not lynching that slot is nothing short of idiocy.

You just look more and more suspicious the more eager you are to kill claimed powerroles. You won't even spare him a day. Why? Because you don't want to have to NK him.
Have Faith
Monkey Saint
Monkey Saint
Townie
Monkey Saint
Townie
Townie

Post Post #429 (isolation #19) » Sat Aug 22, 2015 6:37 am

Post by Monkey Saint »

If Davsto is scum, you're the partner. You sat on the wagon, confident, adding no arguments and spent the whole day trying make flimsy links between him and other players. Now you finally start scumhunting as the wagon dissapates.
Have Faith
Monkey Saint
Monkey Saint
Townie
Monkey Saint
Townie
Townie

Post Post #432 (isolation #20) » Sat Aug 22, 2015 12:50 pm

Post by Monkey Saint »

In post 431, RadiantCowbells wrote:Yes, Monkey is talking like he thinks there's a very reasonable chance of Dav flipping scum while his behaviour suggests that the slot is confirmed town.

His flipflopping and unctuous behavior early on just comes off as noobish to me. I haven't had a strong read on him in a long time. I'm not behaving in this bipolar manner you're trying to charcterize here.

I brought up the possibility because you're obsessed with connecting him to someone. You better have a good explanation if you live.
Have Faith
Monkey Saint
Monkey Saint
Townie
Monkey Saint
Townie
Townie

Post Post #434 (isolation #21) » Sat Aug 22, 2015 2:41 pm

Post by Monkey Saint »

In post 433, RadiantCowbells wrote:Why had I "better have a good explanation if I live" considering the amount of games that have been won based off of tricking fucknuts into lynching me?

I didn't phrase that well. I just meant your shoddy reasoning here might come back to bite you, since I know at least one of Me and Davsto is town.
Have Faith
Monkey Saint
Monkey Saint
Townie
Monkey Saint
Townie
Townie

Post Post #442 (isolation #22) » Sun Aug 23, 2015 10:44 am

Post by Monkey Saint »

You guys are trying to make it seem like I'm giving special treatment to davsto, when I would spare anyone who claimed a common role. I would suspect anyone who jumps to throw suspicion at a claim to prevent them from getting one night action.

If scum wants to risk a counter-claim or investigation, it's even better than D1 scumhunting imo. I don't see anything 'safe' about Dav's claim.

Marvin, you're basically saying you're fine with an information mislynch and being aware that suspicion will be on you in that case. I just don't see how that logically follows.
Have Faith
Monkey Saint
Monkey Saint
Townie
Monkey Saint
Townie
Townie

Post Post #469 (isolation #23) » Mon Aug 24, 2015 4:16 pm

Post by Monkey Saint »

I only skimmed the last page. Just want to give my answer to this question before I read the ensuing argument.

In post 451, ChaosOmega wrote:
Speaking of Monkey Saint, you never answered my question:
In post 377, ChaosOmega wrote:
In post 339, Monkey Saint wrote:Throwing suspicion at a claimed role before they can prove themselves? Might be one of the scummiest things I've seen all game.

And how can a doctor prove themselves without dying and flipping as doctor?

Well if a claimed cop or vig were to survive the night, or there's no NK at all, I think it would look ok for davsto. But there's never going to be 100% certainty with wifom.

But you should consider the possibility that he doesn't have to prove himself: He could be NKed, or he could get investigated, or the real doctor could die/be forced to claim. I think there's a very high chance that one or more of these 3 things will happen eventually. I mean what are the combined odds that davsto survives N1 without investigation and there's no real doctor? Even in that rare case he seems likely to be lynched later.

And if people are trying to argue that letting him live is big benefit to scum, I'm not seeing how. If he's as incompetent as you guys make him out, his play will quickly reveal who his partners are.

To be honest I'm tired of talking about Davsto. I'd probably spend less time focused on him if jester wasn't lurkin'. Everyone just vote Jester, he'll hammer himself. At least then he'd be posting.
Have Faith
Monkey Saint
Monkey Saint
Townie
Monkey Saint
Townie
Townie

Post Post #470 (isolation #24) » Mon Aug 24, 2015 4:20 pm

Post by Monkey Saint »

In post 465, havingfitz wrote:
In post 291, JohnnyFarrar wrote:I now present to you my impression of Bells:

*ahem*

"Hey guys I'm great at Mafia you don't even understand! I'm not gonna communicate with any of you though, I don't actually want to affect voting in any way. But my play is top notch I swear!"

Coming to Broadway this fall.

This is very humorous and pretty much describes my last game with RC.

He should change his name to RadiantCassandra.
Have Faith
Monkey Saint
Monkey Saint
Townie
Monkey Saint
Townie
Townie

Post Post #487 (isolation #25) » Tue Aug 25, 2015 6:30 pm

Post by Monkey Saint »

I would prefer to have more information before damning Davsto. I get that players are too lazy and tunnelvisioned to put up with him another day or two. A purely emtionaly decision imo. You're all getting demerits.

It would have been some consolation if anyone besides the current Jester wagon was trying to explore any other options. Even I, the great M. Saint, feels the town stagnating, and I'm not as optomistic about the wealth of information some of you see forthecoming from hanging Dav.

God save us.
Have Faith
Monkey Saint
Monkey Saint
Townie
Monkey Saint
Townie
Townie

Post Post #500 (isolation #26) » Wed Aug 26, 2015 6:49 am

Post by Monkey Saint »

In post 490, Marvin Maganoo wrote:I'm sorry, I just don't understand the jester wagon when davsto is so obviously fake and bad. It is the general consensus that davsto's claim is fake, that means he is either a) scum fake claiming to be doctor or b) lying town muddying the water for everyone else. Both should be lynched am I correct? So why wait another day to let him live as scum or muddy the water more if we can eliminate that issue right now? Is there an outside chance he is doctor? Yes, but his actions thus far in the game are anti-town even after his claim.

Can you or someone please explain to me why jester or anyone else is a better lynch right now?

VOTE: Marvin Maganoo It was your job to find a better lynch, not the town to tell you your options. You sat on Davsto all day. Your vote on RC didn't even last one post.

Why would claiming change someone's behavior, especially a new player?

Why does a general consensus matter? If anything I'm more convinced someone is scum when they are hard to lynch, yet we've had a quorum to lynch davsto all day.

You're using a lot of indirect arguments. The claim seems bad, therefore that player is lying scum; Everyone think he's suspicious, therefore he's a good lynch. What about just being confident in scumtells? You don't seem confident that davsto is newbscum more than newbtown? Will you at least admit to that?
Have Faith
Monkey Saint
Monkey Saint
Townie
Monkey Saint
Townie
Townie

Post Post #501 (isolation #27) » Wed Aug 26, 2015 7:17 am

Post by Monkey Saint »

In post 499, Jake from State Farm wrote:I also don't understand the Jester wagon. Maybe I need to re-read his posts but I don't remember him doing anything lynch worthy. Someone want to fill me in?

He made a suspicious L-1 vote on Davsto, then completely backtracked and said he'd self hammer when called on it. He's been lurking ever since.
Have Faith
Monkey Saint
Monkey Saint
Townie
Monkey Saint
Townie
Townie

Post Post #516 (isolation #28) » Wed Aug 26, 2015 10:24 am

Post by Monkey Saint »

In post 513, HenryCabotLodge wrote: I don't think he warrants a vote, though,

You seem to see a lot of suspicious things and not vote them. I've criticized the scarcity of your vote before.

In post 513, HenryCabotLodge wrote:
and I get the impression you'll lynch almost anybody who isn't named davsto.

You must be a master of interpretation, because I said earlier I don't want to lynch him today.
Have Faith
Monkey Saint
Monkey Saint
Townie
Monkey Saint
Townie
Townie

Post Post #520 (isolation #29) » Wed Aug 26, 2015 11:10 am

Post by Monkey Saint »

In post 502, Marvin Maganoo wrote:Claiming shouldn't change his behavior, but claiming also shouldn't be a get out of jail free for being anti town.

If his behavior shouldn't change why have you kept acting surprised that he's continued to be anti-town?

In post 490, Marvin Maganoo wrote:his actions thus far in the game are anti-town even after his claim

In post 466, Marvin Maganoo wrote:davsto's actions even after his doc claim have remained anti-town at best.

Your repeated words: "even after his [doc] claim". These posts seem to imply you did indeed expect a change in his behavior, counter to what you say now.
Have Faith
Monkey Saint
Monkey Saint
Townie
Monkey Saint
Townie
Townie

Post Post #521 (isolation #30) » Wed Aug 26, 2015 11:40 am

Post by Monkey Saint »

In post 518, JohnnyFarrar wrote:On the real though, do you think his continued existence is good for town?

I don't think him surviving today is a problem for the town in any way.

In post 513, HenryCabotLodge wrote:
My vote is on davsto (don't understand the "scarcity" bit) and I advocate his lynch, but i'm not going to stop looking at other people.

You've sat on that davsto wagon all day, that doesn't read like looking at other people. Sure you've stated an opinion or two. Like this one:

In post 513, HenryCabotLodge wrote:You have a point about Marvin's reliance on accepting town consensus as a good scumhunting method and I agree his vote and subsequent posts leave a lot to be desired. I don't think he warrants a vote, though

You admit I have a point about why I find him suspicious, yet you're awfully quick to undermine my accusation by calling it not voteworthy. Why defend Marvin? Wouldn't you prefer to see how he responds rather than alter his behavior by weighing in with your opinion? What good are you really doing by backing him up here and later calling my vote flimsy? If you're not making a case on me, why rain on my efforts?
Have Faith
Monkey Saint
Monkey Saint
Townie
Monkey Saint
Townie
Townie

Post Post #535 (isolation #31) » Thu Aug 27, 2015 9:05 am

Post by Monkey Saint »

Hey not to get into another theory spat, but I'm going to suggest that town NOT freely give any more protown reads. It always feels like just creating a shortlist for NKs. You don't have to list people you don't suspect or do find protown (and besides, that can change in an instant). I mean at least wait for it to be asked of you in direct discussion or something.

/suggestion
Have Faith
Monkey Saint
Monkey Saint
Townie
Monkey Saint
Townie
Townie

Post Post #545 (isolation #32) » Thu Aug 27, 2015 8:41 pm

Post by Monkey Saint »

In post 533, havingfitz wrote:
...why did you take your vote off Jester, who you clearly suspect, to vote a null read when the strongest altrernative wagon is on Davsto who you think is lying. But...if you really did want to save the "Doc's" life for another day...why get off the next strongest wagon, of someone you suspect, to start a new one? ??????????????????? I would support your lynch as an alternative to Davsto's.

Where do you get the impression that I think davsto is lying? What do you mean when you say I voted a "null read"? I'll happily revote Jester, do you really think his wagon is going anywhere at the moment?

What exactly is the point of voting someone who isn't present and posting?

I would be interested in Jake's opinion. Jake, you aren't willing to vote Jester as the only current alternative to Davsto? Even after his continued lurking and excuses?

In post 543, A Simple Plan wrote:
Really don't like this vote at all. Your argument is terrible and would apply to half the players here or more, which leaves it null.

How do the things I said about Marvin apply to half the players in the game? What players and where?

How few players in a game need to exhibit a behavior before it's no longer null by your reasoning?

And what kind of person calls an argument terrible while providing no argument for why at all? Is it some kind of rhetorical joke? Very funny, bro.
Have Faith
Monkey Saint
Monkey Saint
Townie
Monkey Saint
Townie
Townie

Post Post #546 (isolation #33) » Thu Aug 27, 2015 9:15 pm

Post by Monkey Saint »

In post 527, HenryCabotLodge wrote:and would just be a way to buy time for Davsto.

You really don't think the priority to not get lynched would outweight the urge to save a scumpartner like Davsto?

In post 529, HenryCabotLodge wrote:The reason I submitted my opinion of him and your vote on him is to try to get to the bottom of why you want to keep Davsto alive and why you insist on going after these other players who have done significantly less in the way of scumminess than Davsto has.

I don't think it was ever a great wagon so why should I be scrutinized for voting people besides him? And where have I ever insisted on keeping Davsto alive? I have multiple reasons to not want him lynched today but it's a real misrep to say I insist upon it in any way.

Considering Davsto's newness to the game, and his age in his profile, I don't really see how you are so confident that he's scum and not just an incompetent newb. I think that's the "bottom of why".
Have Faith
Monkey Saint
Monkey Saint
Townie
Monkey Saint
Townie
Townie

Post Post #566 (isolation #34) » Sun Aug 30, 2015 3:33 pm

Post by Monkey Saint »

In post 565, HenryCabotLodge wrote:Does the fact that Stool hammered Davsto mean nothing? What makes Stool a better lynch than Monkey Saint who spent most of his time trying to dissuade everyone from the Davsto lynch?

I still don't get why anyone but the noobest scum would bother 'protecting' davsto. If someone who didn't vote him was scum they probably didn't do much for him, considering the scrutiny he was under.

Much more likely he was heavily bussed, hence the complete focus on davsto day one:

VOTE: RadiantCowbells He acted all day like he knew Dav was scum. I think he might not have been lying. I think he wanted Davsto dead just so his incompetent partner wouldn't accidently make any connections to him Day 2.

Also I think his 'scumhunting' day 1 is garbage. It looks to me like he did nothing but try to get Dav lynched, with little concern for actually figuring anything out.

There were definitely a lot of wishy-washy people on the dav wagon (and I suspected them at the time), but RC's overconfidence is what sticks out now that that wagon was on confirmed scum.
Have Faith
Monkey Saint
Monkey Saint
Townie
Monkey Saint
Townie
Townie

Post Post #589 (isolation #35) » Tue Sep 01, 2015 8:29 am

Post by Monkey Saint »

RC hasn't made a good case on me yesterday or today. He tunnelvisioned me from the very beginning and then later tried as hard as he could to connect me to davsto after that situation grew. Now he's making another vote (fitz) half based on the assumption I'm scum. After his totally reactionary vote on me with little reasoning.

I'm not scum and he's clearly not good at finding scum. His reaction to my vote and posts today are exactly what I expected from someone who has no genuine scum reads.

I'm happy with my vote right where it is for a while.
Have Faith
Monkey Saint
Monkey Saint
Townie
Monkey Saint
Townie
Townie

Post Post #644 (isolation #36) » Fri Sep 04, 2015 3:55 am

Post by Monkey Saint »

Never thought I'd see the day when 'The Saint' needs prodin'.

In post 621, Marvin Maganoo wrote:So in your world I am scum and I bussed my partner right? I had my vote on him all day for the same "wimpy reason" why wouldn't I just use his doc claim to remove my vote from him and use the same "well I think his claim is bs too, but let's give him a night" reasoning to easily get my vote off of him? It is clear that no one is reading me more town given my reason for voting davsto. In fact more and more people got frustrated and annoyed by my anti-town read. What could I have possibly gained from bussing him there using the anti-town reasoning?

So you're suggesting here that the lynch wouldn't have happened without you? And/or that you wouldn't have looked suspicious jumping off even though it was on scum?

Seems like a misleading way to construe things, especially considering potentially ignorant replacements.

-------------------------------------------------------------

Since the Stool wagon is at L-1
I might as well say I don't really see a big case on him. I thought the wording of his hammer seemed suspicious but it seems a bit early to lynch on that alone.

RC, do you traditionaly put people at L-1 without mentioning it? I can't help but think your repeated vote changes may be an attempt to hide the fact.

Now I'm eagerly wondering what will happen next. It would be a crime to provide another wagon to deflate this one.
Have Faith
Monkey Saint
Monkey Saint
Townie
Monkey Saint
Townie
Townie

Post Post #668 (isolation #37) » Fri Sep 04, 2015 9:51 pm

Post by Monkey Saint »

In post 658, RadiantCowbells wrote:Titus's experience with scum!me had me playing extremely not-passive so I don't think that even if there was such an argument to be made town!Titus would be making it.

You're ignoring the greater point here, and avoiding the actual argument.

1. Are you more passive as scum? And do you normally lead the charge?

2. Have you been leading the charge in this game, or being passive?

I really want your answer. Merely saying "if there was such an argument to be made" is a total deflection.

Your recent series of posts are interesting. You asked how set Fitz is on the wagon, I can't tell how set you are after all this votehopping today, even with an L-1
Have Faith
Monkey Saint
Monkey Saint
Townie
Monkey Saint
Townie
Townie

Post Post #670 (isolation #38) » Fri Sep 04, 2015 10:20 pm

Post by Monkey Saint »

In post 669, JohnnyFarrar wrote:
MoSa I really don't like your recent posts. If there's any reason for me to think Stool is town is your gross salivating response to his wagon and the people on it. Why are you taking Titus at her word and taking RC to task for this whole 'leads as town, backs off as scum' thing when the only link provided was from RC and RC posted like a motherfucker in that game?

I was already voting/suspecting RC and want to hear him answer the two things I mentioned.
Have Faith
Monkey Saint
Monkey Saint
Townie
Monkey Saint
Townie
Townie

Post Post #672 (isolation #39) » Fri Sep 04, 2015 10:42 pm

Post by Monkey Saint »

In post 669, JohnnyFarrar wrote:If there's any reason for me to think Stool is town is your gross salivating response to his wagon and the people on it.

I guess I was just starved for some action after day 1
Have Faith
Monkey Saint
Monkey Saint
Townie
Monkey Saint
Townie
Townie

Post Post #695 (isolation #40) » Sun Sep 06, 2015 4:10 pm

Post by Monkey Saint »

VOTE: MarvinMaganoo

His play both days has been the path of least resistance. He never sticks his neck out and just halfheartedly parrots others.

He made a vote in his first post both days and rode them straight to lynch. I don't see any genuine efforts to find scum.
Have Faith
Monkey Saint
Monkey Saint
Townie
Monkey Saint
Townie
Townie

Post Post #697 (isolation #41) » Sun Sep 06, 2015 5:32 pm

Post by Monkey Saint »

In post 696, JohnnyFarrar wrote:Were you a hard no on Stool, MoSa? Can't remember.

In post 644, Monkey Saint wrote:
Since the Stool wagon is at L-1
I might as well say I don't really see a big case on him. I thought the wording of his hammer seemed suspicious but it seems a bit early to lynch on that alone.
Have Faith
Monkey Saint
Monkey Saint
Townie
Monkey Saint
Townie
Townie

Post Post #753 (isolation #42) » Tue Sep 08, 2015 4:02 pm

Post by Monkey Saint »

In post 705, HenryCabotLodge wrote:
You criticized me for not casting a vote right away, now your attacking Marvin for making a vote right away. Surely you can see the discrepancy. What makes us different? We were both on the Davsto wagon. Granted, Marvin's vote post was weak but he's made an effort to clarify (unlike Fitz).

Neither of you were using your vote to find scum, you just decided who was most suspicious that day and lynched them. Marvin is doing it again today.

In post 726, Lynx The Antithesis wrote:The
circular fashion of voting for both days while avoiding the two main wagons on Davsto and Stool doesn't look particularly good in my eyes.

Why shouldn't I avoid them? This is the second time we've been ready to lynch halfway to deadline, with no solid alternatives in sight.

Are you saying it would be good for town if there was even more focus on Davsto and Stool? How?

In post 738, RadiantCowbells wrote:No, I don't, but he came into today softing a guilty on Stool and that seemed like an incredibly likely investigate so I felt like it was legit.

So did you realize that before you voted him?

------------------------------------------------------
------------------------------------------------------

In post 479, havingfitz wrote:
So I'm good with lynching Davsto.  I do not think Doctor is a claim worth stressing over lynching (if the claim is true) and now that he has claimed...if it is true it's pretty much worthless.  It will just introduce a lot of angst D2 if he survives and there is a kill (which odds greatly favor).  Additionally,  if true...we wouldn't know if there was a RB or some other PR that could have affected a potential Doc protect.  It's also convenient that the top wagon D1 just happens to be a PR.  So I'd just as soon get rid of a suspect D1 and cross fingers the claim is a lie than delay the fog another day and be in the same spot.  Plus, aside from Johnny being on the other wagon...I prefer the make up of the Davsto wagon.

VOTE: Davsto  which by my count puts him back at L-1.

In post 743, havingfitz wrote:
My tracker claim thoughts...I'm not sure what to make of Freestool's claim. I do not get why he would waste his 1 track on someone he was not suspicious of (iirc). Why not track Jester who you were suspect of right up to the end of D1? I think Johnny was getting a fairly consistent read as town on D1 so why risk your lone track on someone who stood a good chance to be the nk. Your claims and actions make little sense. And now you have no other way of proving it. So I do not like your claim. The only problem I have with it is it seems like a lot for 2 scum to fakeclaim and tracker is a fairly common PR and you would risk the possibility of being countered. Or tracking someone and giving an erroneous result. Unless you were tracking a partner. gah................

Unvote
while I look things over closer tomorrow.

^^^^With Davsto, Fitz didn't see the point in sparing a main suspect when they claimed. Yet for some reason, Stool's (imo) equally unproveable and equally 'worthless' claim is worth unvoting and re-evaluating?

Fitz, You say you don't like the Stool claim, much like Davsto, but in this case your reaction is entirely different?

VOTE: HavingFitz
Have Faith
Monkey Saint
Monkey Saint
Townie
Monkey Saint
Townie
Townie

Post Post #818 (isolation #43) » Thu Sep 10, 2015 6:38 pm

Post by Monkey Saint »

In post 807, havingfitz wrote:
And the burden or proof should be on the accuser.  Welcome to America.

Thanks for your perspective, Mr Trump. Unfortunately for you, the USA doesn't actually own the internet, and this is a lynching, not a trial.

In post 761, havingfitz wrote:
Monkey...
why would you expect me to react the same to 2 seperate claims within a game?  Every claim is different.  I did not believe Davsto's and therefore I supported his lynch.  Luckily he was scum. 

I don't think your logic justified the complete shift in attitude betweent the two claims. I don't fully buy your logic for why Stool deserved to be re-evaluated and not Davsto.

--------------------------------------------------------------
--------------------------------------------------------------

In post 790, HenryCabotLodge wrote:
RC was an ostentatious bully pushing the Davsto wagon when it was in a phase that could have easily been aborted. You could employ all sorts of WIFOM- driven logic to fit the narrative of RC bussing Davsto quickly (for shits and giggles maybe, idk) but to me it doesn't hold much water. I find it highly unlikely to be a bussing job on the part of RC.

It's a great gambit. The fact that you are so unwilling to believe scum would do that, with no comment on the quality of RC's arguments, is proof of how effective hardbussing really is.

I think if people look at RC's 'bully'ing as you put it, they'll see that he didn't really add anything to the wagon to deserve town credit. I wouldn't even say he's HARD bussing, cuz he's didn't truly contributing to Davsto getting lynched, he just left his vote there and badgers people about it.

In post 774, HenryCabotLodge wrote:
You forget that my post voting Davsto directly preceded his doctor claim. Also, how is it not scumhunting to vote the player you find most suspcious???

Because it's really the bare minimum that any player is expected to do, including scum. It doesn't really do anything to 'find' scum, just placing a vote.

--------------------------------------------
-------------------------------------------

In post 757, Lynx The Antithesis wrote:
This post I mean. Actually, You did happen to say it was early to lynch, but you seem quite fine with the wagon proceeding along. Why is that?

I was just enjoying reading everyone's reactions and posts. I wouldn't be happy with a lynch that early in the day, but it wouldn't be the end of the world, and I suspected no one would hammer that soon.

-----------------------------------------
-----------------------------------------

In post 814, RadiantCowbells wrote:Alright, I'm done.

I'm replacing out. cheers team.

Wow never woulda guessed from day 1 that RC would be the one to fold like a towel-man

VOTE: RadiantCowbells

I think his terrible reaction to mine and Titus's votes on him is big. The way he fell apart makes his whole persona day 1 seem not genuine.

Obviously this would also spare us another replacement. And there's plenty of information from this.

I will switch back to fitz to hammer if needed, but RC is definitely my #1 option.
Have Faith
Monkey Saint
Monkey Saint
Townie
Monkey Saint
Townie
Townie

Post Post #820 (isolation #44) » Thu Sep 10, 2015 7:00 pm

Post by Monkey Saint »

In post 819, JohnnyFarrar wrote:Opportunistic doesn't even cover it.

How is this an opportunity for me in any way, besides the fact that my biggest suspect is reacting wildly under pressure? What are you suggesting my agenda is here? Just because you think he's town my vote is scummy?
Have Faith
Monkey Saint
Monkey Saint
Townie
Monkey Saint
Townie
Townie

Post Post #823 (isolation #45) » Thu Sep 10, 2015 7:34 pm

Post by Monkey Saint »

In post 821, JohnnyFarrar wrote:For your biggest suspect you sure weren't voting him.

Only idiots vote their biggest suspect all day. You clearly haven't been reading my posts.
Have Faith
Monkey Saint
Monkey Saint
Townie
Monkey Saint
Townie
Townie

Post Post #824 (isolation #46) » Thu Sep 10, 2015 8:37 pm

Post by Monkey Saint »

My only response to the claim of opportunism is that I don't see how. I've suspected RC for a long time, and of course I'm going to react to this recent blow up.

I also don't want to wait up for another replacement. Suspect me for it if you want, but it's not some contrived play to take advantage.
Have Faith
Monkey Saint
Monkey Saint
Townie
Monkey Saint
Townie
Townie

Post Post #880 (isolation #47) » Sun Sep 13, 2015 6:19 am

Post by Monkey Saint »

prod dodge

I'll respond to stuff since my last post sometime in the next 24 hours. Want to hear from replacements anyway.
Have Faith
Monkey Saint
Monkey Saint
Townie
Monkey Saint
Townie
Townie

Post Post #925 (isolation #48) » Mon Sep 14, 2015 12:47 pm

Post by Monkey Saint »

Vanilla townie here

VOTE: Titus

I don't suspect her strongly but it seems to be the most viable alternative to my own death.

Sorry if I seem demotivated guys, I didn't want to deal with 1 more replacement, much less 3. And my suspects keep getting replaced.
I'll definitely get back into my previous groove if I survive to D3.

I don't mind getting lynched either. I would just argue that the main reason I'm suspicious is that I've done a lot of things this game without caring whether I got suspected for them. While other players bandwagoned and mused, I've always wanted to vote proactively and pressure.

I still think Davsto was bussed hard. The idea that we found and nailed newb-scum D1 so confidently, with middling arguments, just seems less likely to me.
Have Faith
Monkey Saint
Monkey Saint
Townie
Monkey Saint
Townie
Townie

Post Post #1274 (isolation #49) » Thu Oct 15, 2015 1:05 pm

Post by Monkey Saint »

I'm really glad to see my one strong scumread was accurate. If anyone had listened to Titus and me about RC this game would've been cake for town.

RC replacing out when he did totally prevented him from being lynched at the one time it was possible all game.
Have Faith
Monkey Saint
Monkey Saint
Townie
Monkey Saint
Townie
Townie

Post Post #1276 (isolation #50) » Thu Oct 15, 2015 2:01 pm

Post by Monkey Saint »

I think it was just personally obvious to me since RC was immediately trying so hard to link me to Davsto while never having a good case on either of us. And his votehopping Day 2 was pretty transparent at the time too. I guess he just acted enigmatic enough D1 that most people gave him a pass.

I did really enjoy the game though.

Cheetory, my 2 cents: I kind of thought you might be more forgiving of the '3 prods you're out' rules when a replacement is already needed and we're near deadline, or I at least expected you to stall the deadline until the replacements happened. I'm not upset or anything but it definitely felt like that really shook up the game. Also the lack of Votecounts was really challenging D1 and 2, Personally I think the best approach is to edit the counts in at the top of every single page, so that no one has to flip back and forth. But whatever, feel free to ignore this feedback. Thanks for modding!
Have Faith

Return to “Completed Mini Normal Games”