Fallout 4

This forum is specifically for discussing non-Mafia games
(board, card, video, we're not picky)
Playing
such games should happen in the Mish Mash forum, of course.
Sudo_Nym
Sudo_Nym
Pseudo Newbie
Sudo_Nym
Pseudo Newbie
Pseudo Newbie

Post Post #8 (isolation #0) » Fri Jul 10, 2015 7:22 am

Post by Sudo_Nym »

I've played all the Fallout games so far; I'd be hard pressed to pick a favorite. I think the first Fallout is still the truest to the tone I like, since it's the one with the bleakest type of black comedy, while the others turned up the silliness. Fallout 2 is the one I enjoy most mechanically, though it's not aged terribly well.

I'm concerned about Fallout 4 though, given the myriad endings of FNV. I imagine they'd have to do something like FO3 did and set the game somewhere completely different, since I don't know how they can create a world in the established wasteland where any one of NCR, Legion, House, and nobody could have won the war in the Mojave.

I'm also interested in that both J.E. Sawyer and Chris Avelone seem to want to hit the reset button on the wasteland- the NCR is getting too large and stable, and it's stifling the post-apocalyptic feel; I wish I could find the interview where it was mentioned, but Sawyer has said that he wants to basically hit the wasteland with another missile so they can start over again like in FO1, and Avelone has said that he wants the NCR to at least collapse. It'll be neat to see what they actually wind up doing about it.

Or maybe they'll sidestep the issue and have it take place in the Midwest or something; make the story a continuation of the BoS games.
One time, back in 'nam, Sudo was set upon by an entire squadron of charlies. He challenged them all to a game of Pictionary, which he won resoundingly. The charlies were forced to not only surrender the skirmish, but also their world-famous chili recipe, which Sudo sold to Texas for a hefty profit. Sudo is a master of diplomacy.
Sudo_Nym
Sudo_Nym
Pseudo Newbie
Sudo_Nym
Pseudo Newbie
Pseudo Newbie

Post Post #10 (isolation #1) » Fri Jul 10, 2015 8:44 am

Post by Sudo_Nym »

Which makes it sound like it'll be a continuation from FO3, rather than from FNV. I suppose I should actually look up the announcement for myself before I continue.
One time, back in 'nam, Sudo was set upon by an entire squadron of charlies. He challenged them all to a game of Pictionary, which he won resoundingly. The charlies were forced to not only surrender the skirmish, but also their world-famous chili recipe, which Sudo sold to Texas for a hefty profit. Sudo is a master of diplomacy.
Sudo_Nym
Sudo_Nym
Pseudo Newbie
Sudo_Nym
Pseudo Newbie
Pseudo Newbie

Post Post #12 (isolation #2) » Fri Jul 10, 2015 9:38 am

Post by Sudo_Nym »

I like the Legion as villians, from a thematic standpoint, but I don't know that it was executed that well, and siding with them always felt weird- I have yet to complete the game where I side with them, because it felt like there was no legitimate reason for the character to ever assist them.
Sudo_Nym
Sudo_Nym
Pseudo Newbie
Sudo_Nym
Pseudo Newbie
Pseudo Newbie

Post Post #15 (isolation #3) » Sat Jul 11, 2015 8:20 am

Post by Sudo_Nym »

That may be it. I miss the days when RPGs were like "This is were the big monsters live. If you come here, you are going to fight big monsters and if you die, that's on you."
Sudo_Nym
Sudo_Nym
Pseudo Newbie
Sudo_Nym
Pseudo Newbie
Pseudo Newbie

Post Post #17 (isolation #4) » Sat Jul 11, 2015 7:38 pm

Post by Sudo_Nym »

Fallout 3 was a big pain for me, just because of the subway system you had to go through because half the cells in DC were barricaded. I wound up watching a Let's Play to see the end.
Sudo_Nym
Sudo_Nym
Pseudo Newbie
Sudo_Nym
Pseudo Newbie
Pseudo Newbie

Post Post #38 (isolation #5) » Fri Nov 06, 2015 4:25 am

Post by Sudo_Nym »

In post 32, CooLDoG wrote:Guys... Wait to see if the game is good before you buy it. $60 is a lot of money. Don't be fooled by the marketing.

I would say wait to buy until at least the first patch, since this is a Bethesda game; it's going to ship with some severe bugs.
Sudo_Nym
Sudo_Nym
Pseudo Newbie
Sudo_Nym
Pseudo Newbie
Pseudo Newbie

Post Post #119 (isolation #6) » Thu Nov 12, 2015 5:22 am

Post by Sudo_Nym »

I don't have a comp that can run it, but I've been watching LPs, and damn it looks beautiful.
The way the Deathclaw darts around and your minigun barrel glows hot is amazing.

Return to “The Arcade”