zMuffinMan
zMuffinMan
Survivor
zMuffinMan
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #776 (ISO) » Sat Nov 14, 2015 11:27 am

Post by zMuffinMan »

In post 767, The_Relentless wrote:I'm usually into D1 lurker lynches but a last minute lynch on somebody who's modkill / vigbait seems like a bad idea

eh

there's a number of people who've said lines like "X will happen D2, just wait and see" that i'm fine with just waiting and seeing while getting rid of a player who is unlikely to be killed via modkill (unless he doesn't post another "hey guys catching up tomorrow" post in the next 5.5 days) and i'd rather not rely on a vig shooting (besides which, there are other available vig shots) and has an ok chance of flipping scum (though i say this mostly based on the fact that i'm struggling to find good scum reads elsewhere)
spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh
zMuffinMan
zMuffinMan
Survivor
zMuffinMan
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #777 (ISO) » Sat Nov 14, 2015 11:35 am

Post by zMuffinMan »

if chocola does show up in the next 24 hours, he should claim immediately
spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh
Sky_Paladin
Sky_Paladin
Mafia Scum
Sky_Paladin
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #778 (ISO) » Sat Nov 14, 2015 12:38 pm

Post by Sky_Paladin »

Chocola has posted in the neighbourhood saying he's given up and can't be bothered to play. I doubt he's going to claim. He's cited a series of unfortunate events and then apologised for not being able to participate. Part of me speculates that a private apology might come from town, another part wonders if it's intended to suggest to any new neighbours that there's a buddy relationship instead. I guess we'll see.

We aren't lovers, so I won't die from his lynch, but losing Chen on day 1 almost vanillarizes me. I think since he's given up we might as well go through with the lynch regardless.
notscience
notscience
Survivor
notscience
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #779 (ISO) » Sat Nov 14, 2015 12:41 pm

Post by notscience »

It sounds like a ploy to get you to defend him tbh.
Show
STRIKE HARD

STRIKE FAST

NO MERCY
FakeGod
FakeGod
Seven-Colored Puppeteer
FakeGod
Seven-Colored Puppeteer
Seven-Colored Puppeteer

Post Post #780 (ISO) » Sat Nov 14, 2015 1:07 pm

Post by FakeGod »

VoteCount 1.12

• notscience [
    ] - thdgkdms
  • pieguyn [
    ] -
  • Sakura Hana [0] -
  • zMuffinMan [
    ] -
  • Shadoweh [0] -
  • Sky_Paladin [0] -
  • The_Relentless [2] - Katsuki, Sky_Paladin
  • GuyInFreezer [0] -
  • SXTLHGaiden [0] -
  • Katsuki [0] -
  • Kagami [0] -
  • Feysal [3] - Kilgamayan, The_Relentless, borkjerfkin
  • borkjerfkin [2] - notscience, Feysal
  • thdgkdms [0] -
  • Kilgamayan [
    ] -
  • Chocola [6] - Kagami (x3), pieguyn, GuyInFreezer, Sakura Hana

Not Voting [4]
- Shadoweh, zMuffinMan, SXTLHGaiden, Chocola

With 16 alive it takes 9 to lynch

Deadline is November 15, 2015, at 2 PM PST.
Countdown to deadline: (expired on 2015-11-15 16:00:00)

Notes:
  • You cannot target Katsuki with spellcards in this Day Phase, unless your vote is on Katsuki.
  • The main thread will remain open in the coming Night Phase.
My favorite site mod is Zor Tester.
I have Brandi's autograph! I bet you're jealous.
Shadoweh
Shadoweh
Idol Hands
Shadoweh
Idol Hands
Idol Hands

Post Post #781 (ISO) » Sat Nov 14, 2015 1:58 pm

Post by Shadoweh »

In post 778, Sky_Paladin wrote:Chocola has posted in the neighbourhood saying he's given up and can't be bothered to play. I doubt he's going to claim. He's cited a series of unfortunate events and then apologised for not being able to participate. Part of me speculates that a private apology might come from town, another part wonders if it's intended to suggest to any new neighbours that there's a buddy relationship instead. I guess we'll see.

We aren't lovers, so I won't die from his lynch, but losing Chen on day 1 almost vanillarizes me. I think since he's given up we might as well go through with the lynch regardless.

Can you at least claim his role? And if he's given up tell him to replace out, there's one waiting that'd be a much better Chen.
If he's seriously posted in your neighbourhood he's giving up I'd suggest you pester Fakegod to replace him as the only one that can see it. <_<
I HATE YOU SO MUCH PLEASE GO JUMP INTO A FREEZING LAKE - Mr. Freeze
And this was like me realizing that you were a serial killer. - Hathor
"but I must declare my love to Edelgard here, i offer you the treasure I stole from Raphael, an idol LOL" - Shamir
zMuffinMan
zMuffinMan
Survivor
zMuffinMan
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #782 (ISO) » Sat Nov 14, 2015 2:07 pm

Post by zMuffinMan »

i am debating whether it's worth letting the slot be replaced (though i doubt it will happen any time before this day phase ends unless he explicitly requests it), in which case we'd need to decide another lynch in the next 21 hours, or just killing it today
zMuffinMan
zMuffinMan
Survivor
zMuffinMan
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #783 (ISO) » Sat Nov 14, 2015 2:08 pm

Post by zMuffinMan »

i will say that if that slot does get replaced and doesn't IMMEDIATELY claim everything about their role, i will hammer it
Feysal
Feysal
Mafia Scum
Feysal
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #784 (ISO) » Sat Nov 14, 2015 2:21 pm

Post by Feysal »

In post 748, Kilgamayan wrote:Can each of you explain why you're voting for the other to someone that wasn't a part of the argument?

My initial read was for his long focus on MuffinMan at the expense of the rest of the game, in particular his questions whether he was suspicious for it. That seemed like effort wasted on nothing productive, though to be fair his content has improved somewhat. I don't know why he got so hung up on what I said about his read on Pieguyn, I thought it was a minor point at first. Now there is also his approach to reading me. He was scum in our last game and I remembered him saying something about my play when I skimmed the scum PT afterwards. After his last post I found it.

borkjerfkin wrote:I've been pretending to be obtuse about Feysal's scumhunting style (he tends to townread people whose internal thoughts mirror his)

Comparing the thoughts of other players to my own is part of how I read people. It has been longer than I have been on this site. I think I first started consciously doing it in my old off site games because I reasoned that thoughts that were similar to my own were likely to come from the same viewpoint, but by now it has become second nature. Given that Bork apparently knows I do this, I don't get why he is asking me about projecting my thoughts on his play.
FakeGod
FakeGod
Seven-Colored Puppeteer
FakeGod
Seven-Colored Puppeteer
Seven-Colored Puppeteer

Post Post #785 (ISO) » Sat Nov 14, 2015 3:28 pm

Post by FakeGod »

Deadline is frozen at 24 hours until further notice.
Kilgamayan
Kilgamayan
Goon
Kilgamayan
Goon
Goon

Post Post #786 (ISO) » Sat Nov 14, 2015 6:14 pm

Post by Kilgamayan »

Well then.

In that case, can we get an ffery replacement? <_<
Well, this game happened.
~ Edible
Kilgamayan
Kilgamayan
Goon
Kilgamayan
Goon
Goon

Post Post #787 (ISO) » Sat Nov 14, 2015 6:21 pm

Post by Kilgamayan »

Feysal: I'm afraid I still can't see what you mean. Can you cite specific examples in links to posts?
Well, this game happened.
~ Edible
zMuffinMan
zMuffinMan
Survivor
zMuffinMan
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #788 (ISO) » Sat Nov 14, 2015 7:00 pm

Post by zMuffinMan »

i am pretty sure the ffery replacement is what the 24 hour freeze is about, given i directly asked a question about it before that post

presumably we need to wait for ffery to reply to fakegod and such

in any case, if ffery does replace in and does not full claim in her first post, i will probably hammer her

and in the event we arent lynching that slot, i would probably go for a bork lynch or a gaiden lynch. either or
FakeGod
FakeGod
Seven-Colored Puppeteer
FakeGod
Seven-Colored Puppeteer
Seven-Colored Puppeteer

Post Post #789 (ISO) » Sat Nov 14, 2015 7:29 pm

Post by FakeGod »

fferyllt replaces Chocola.

Please welcome fferyllt to the game!

96 hours will be added to the old deadline.
FakeGod
FakeGod
Seven-Colored Puppeteer
FakeGod
Seven-Colored Puppeteer
Seven-Colored Puppeteer

Post Post #790 (ISO) » Sat Nov 14, 2015 7:30 pm

Post by FakeGod »

VoteCount 1.13

• notscience [
    ] - thdgkdms
  • pieguyn [
    ] -
  • Sakura Hana [0] -
  • zMuffinMan [
    ] -
  • Shadoweh [0] -
  • Sky_Paladin [0] -
  • The_Relentless [2] - Katsuki, Sky_Paladin
  • GuyInFreezer [0] -
  • SXTLHGaiden [0] -
  • Katsuki [0] -
  • Kagami [0] -
  • Feysal [3] - Kilgamayan, The_Relentless, borkjerfkin
  • borkjerfkin [2] - notscience, Feysal
  • thdgkdms [0] -
  • Kilgamayan [
    ] -
  • fferyllt[6] - Kagami (x3), pieguyn, GuyInFreezer, Sakura Hana

Not Voting [4]
- Shadoweh, zMuffinMan, SXTLHGaiden, fferyllt

With 16 alive it takes 9 to lynch

Deadline is November 19, 2015, at 2 PM PST.
Countdown to deadline: (expired on 2015-11-19 16:00:00)

Notes:
  • You cannot target Katsuki with spellcards in this Day Phase, unless your vote is on Katsuki.
  • The main thread will remain open in the coming Night Phase.
notscience
notscience
Survivor
notscience
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #791 (ISO) » Sat Nov 14, 2015 7:33 pm

Post by notscience »

Hi ffery!
Show
STRIKE HARD

STRIKE FAST

NO MERCY
Kagami
Kagami
Jack of All Trades
Kagami
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #792 (ISO) » Sat Nov 14, 2015 7:33 pm

Post by Kagami »

hi ferry.

Yay for time.
fferyllt
fferyllt
Titan of Trajectory
fferyllt
Titan of Trajectory
Titan of Trajectory

Post Post #793 (ISO) » Sat Nov 14, 2015 7:38 pm

Post by fferyllt »

hi guys!

catching up!
Amid the pressure of great events, a general principle gives no help.

Idic
Sakura Hana
Sakura Hana
She/Her
Survivor
Sakura Hana
She/Her
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: She/Her

Post Post #794 (ISO) » Sat Nov 14, 2015 7:42 pm

Post by Sakura Hana »

Since we got more time im going back here until i can fully focus on the game.
VOTE: Shadoweh
I bloom in spring?
Please be nice to me.
Shadoweh
Shadoweh
Idol Hands
Shadoweh
Idol Hands
Idol Hands

Post Post #795 (ISO) » Sat Nov 14, 2015 7:47 pm

Post by Shadoweh »

yaaaay an even longer Day 1. >_>
I'm quite pleased that worked. It lends extra credence to what Sky P was saying happened in the neighbourhood.
I HATE YOU SO MUCH PLEASE GO JUMP INTO A FREEZING LAKE - Mr. Freeze
And this was like me realizing that you were a serial killer. - Hathor
"but I must declare my love to Edelgard here, i offer you the treasure I stole from Raphael, an idol LOL" - Shamir
zMuffinMan
zMuffinMan
Survivor
zMuffinMan
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #796 (ISO) » Sat Nov 14, 2015 7:52 pm

Post by zMuffinMan »

Did you actually doubt that happened?
fferyllt
fferyllt
Titan of Trajectory
fferyllt
Titan of Trajectory
Titan of Trajectory

Post Post #797 (ISO) » Sat Nov 14, 2015 8:14 pm

Post by fferyllt »

zmuffin's gives me slight townfeels. he usually comes out and claims town in no uncertain terms regardless of alignment if he's going to claim town. The questioning tone suggests he genuinely feels this way - that his role couldn't exist as scum. Usual footnotes and disclaimers apply because zmuffin.

by sakura bothers me a little. is odd too. But, overall the blunt opinions seem more like town sakura than not. made me laugh. yeah I thnk Sakura is town

Very slight townfeels from bork on page 3.

can't say I care much for kagami's reads here.

Kilgamayan's confuses me. What is it you dislike about Sakura here?

I don't know why exactly, but pieguy's page 4 tryharding really doesn't sit well, though I am not comfortable with notsci's entrance either.

@pieguy post you've come out pretty hard pushing Sakura, then backed off and backed off and backed off. What did this exchange do for your read?

bork's is another maybe-town post. (I see zmuffin said he didn't like this post on the next page. meh.

Relentless, your . What was the misconception and why did your Sakura read flip to town?

Page 5, I feel iike bork is going out of his way to stay wary of zmuffin.

Shadoweh's wait what Team Mafia? otoh I like she's also a little squinty-eyed about pieguy in this post.

feels a little like town-gif. I think. maybe?

Bork's feels a little town, maybe.

In post 161, Shadoweh wrote:If Sakura is really comf-town at least you won't have to argue with her for long, Pie, so look forward to the future.

BTW, the idea that people should openly claim literally anything is silly. The scum don't have factional kills, but the scum role in the OP has a conditional kill ability. Do you really think there's no way for the mafia to kill anyone in a 16-player game? Things like character name and number of cards are obvious go-to's for kill conditions.

If you think this is so, what do you think about kagami asking people to claim their number of day cards?

I really don't like thdkms's . I feel like sakura's push back was to be expected, and that pieguy looked a little worse for wear in it all.

In post 185, Kilgamayan wrote:No Yukari here, I only list good 2hus for these games.

In post 136, Shadoweh wrote:Kilga, considering this is role madness what's wrong with playing the role game early when there's noting better to do?

There are better ways to play the role game than completely buying into TownMuffin based on the -4 thing. Borkborkbork has had a better approach to this. The -4 thing doesn't mean much to me in regards to Muffin's alignment. I don't even particularly care about the clarification that it's permanent. I think it's possible ScumMuffin could lie about that and get away with it.

(For clarification, I'm not saying Muffin is scum, only that casually tossing him into the town bin based on just the -4 is a bad idea. It's also something really easy for scum to do out of fear of making waves by questioning what looks like a perfectly logical conclusion on the surface.)

Sympathizing with pie over Sakura in their spat, Keyboardsmash's #175 is pretty much dead-on. tbh pie's reaction to #101 is basically what my reaction would have been except I might have not made my desire to replace out so public. Also things like #109 are kind of silly when pie was explicitly seriously voting for someone else at the time.

Given the -4 was confirmed by vc, how are you thinking zmuffin could fake this going forward?

Notsci, what are/were your thoughts about bork and about zmuffin's observations?

I like this post by pieguy, but I'd like it better if zmuffin hadn't already begun blazing that trail.
Amid the pressure of great events, a general principle gives no help.

Idic
zMuffinMan
zMuffinMan
Survivor
zMuffinMan
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #798 (ISO) » Sat Nov 14, 2015 8:24 pm

Post by zMuffinMan »

do you think you'll be caught up tonight?

if so, i'm going to wait until you catch up to comment on anything
notscience
notscience
Survivor
notscience
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #799 (ISO) » Sat Nov 14, 2015 8:25 pm

Post by notscience »

That I wasn't going to let myself townread him early and muffin was making sense
Show
STRIKE HARD

STRIKE FAST

NO MERCY

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”