BeardedCat
BeardedCat
Goon
BeardedCat
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1600 (ISO) » Mon Nov 30, 2015 8:42 am

Post by BeardedCat »

What about Rory's ISO makes you think that he is town specifically? Which posts did you like best? My townread on Rory is based on having been his scumbuddy in a previous game, so you probably have a different reason.

--P
Hydra of BlueBloodedToffee and Plotinus

Radio BeardedCat was asked: Should I defend my buddy if he uses dice tags to decide whether to hammer the IC without a claim?
Radio BeardedCat answered: In principle yes, but it is not defend but rather policybus him for information.
Dwlee99
Dwlee99
They/them
Survivor
Dwlee99
They/them
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: They/them

Post Post #1601 (ISO) » Mon Nov 30, 2015 8:59 am

Post by Dwlee99 »

Just the tone of their posts coupled with their questions during the beginning. I am conflicted because they decided you were town early on. Ughhhh
If you read rorys iso though it is them just obvtowning. Scum team kept them alive for a reason (cause of townread on bc?). Sorry that this is just me rambling but meh.
Dwlee99
Dwlee99
They/them
Survivor
Dwlee99
They/them
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1602 (ISO) » Tue Dec 01, 2015 1:55 am

Post by Dwlee99 »

Where everyone at?
I dont want another deadline lynch.
Starbuck
Starbuck
Jack of All Trades
Starbuck
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1603 (ISO) » Tue Dec 01, 2015 5:43 am

Post by Starbuck »

In post 1599, Dwlee99 wrote:Reading Rory's ISO makes me convinced star is town, paranoid about errant. Star, which of Bearded and Bastion do you feel is most likely to hit scum?

I think there's a high probability in both. My early reading/catching up, and the fact that he's on every lynch makes me want to lean Bastion, but BC has almost been too helpful in some ways and I think I may have been giving them a pass for how much they were seeing what I was seeing.

So I think BC might be the better choice for today.
<3 Kise, Reck, dram, tans, & Kats <3
Dwlee99
Dwlee99
They/them
Survivor
Dwlee99
They/them
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1604 (ISO) » Tue Dec 01, 2015 6:23 am

Post by Dwlee99 »

I prefer bastion for a lynch. Plot where is BBT?
Errantparabola
Errantparabola
Composed.
Errantparabola
Composed.
Composed.

Post Post #1605 (ISO) » Tue Dec 01, 2015 6:25 am

Post by Errantparabola »

Sorry, real life is kicking me in the shins right now. I'll make sure to be here tonight
did another ms user do something lovely? recognize their achievements here!

Today's modern mafia consumer demands dozens, nay, hundreds of roles that are vanilla cops.
--implosion
provided
BeardedCat
BeardedCat
Goon
BeardedCat
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1606 (ISO) » Tue Dec 01, 2015 6:28 am

Post by BeardedCat »

no idea; he's been busy with work i think. I've posted in the hydra PT that it's LYLO and when the deadline is and he's read it but he hasn't said anything. :(

But both of my other LYLO games are over now (I was scum in both of them and they were exhausting and this last one came down to the last 90 minutes). I really can't handle more than one LYLO at a time and I was prioritising them by when the deadline was, but this is now my only LYLO so I'm here. Finally.

--P

Radio BeardedCat was asked: Should I defend my buddy if he uses dice tags to decide whether to hammer the IC without a claim?
Radio BeardedCat answered: In principle yes, but it is not defend but rather policybus him for information.
Errantparabola
Errantparabola
Composed.
Errantparabola
Composed.
Composed.

Post Post #1607 (ISO) » Tue Dec 01, 2015 6:29 am

Post by Errantparabola »

In post 1579, Starbuck wrote:
In post 1571, Errantparabola wrote:1270 Thinks that BC and MS is TvT so, in a way, the defense of KT/Dwlee didn't matter that much to her

FYI, I'm not a fan of this misrepresentation.

I didn't state that BC and MS are TVT. I asked it as a question, which means that I was unsure. I didn't state it outright that it was a TvT interaction as you are saying here.

In post 1270, Starbuck wrote:Could Metal Sonic and BeardedCat be TvT? Both are coming to the table with points that I easily could have made and I like it.

I don't think that you calling that a misrep is fair. Reading into your quote in 1270, you said that both MS and BC made points you liked, which I interpreted as you leaning town on them. I guess it's just me not being able to read into things very well, but I thought that the question you posed was more of a "hey, guys, what do you think about my thoughts on MS and BC" not "hey, guys, I'm not really sure about MS and BC"

Today's modern mafia consumer demands dozens, nay, hundreds of roles that are vanilla cops.
--implosion
provided
Dwlee99
Dwlee99
They/them
Survivor
Dwlee99
They/them
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1608 (ISO) » Tue Dec 01, 2015 6:32 am

Post by Dwlee99 »

Bbt's activity levels are so sketchy. And right here it seems you try to apply the gamblers fallacy to imply you cant be scum again. It is unnecessary and I do not see why it was necesaary.
Errantparabola
Errantparabola
Composed.
Errantparabola
Composed.
Composed.

Post Post #1609 (ISO) » Tue Dec 01, 2015 6:35 am

Post by Errantparabola »

In post 1576, Errantparabola wrote:That makes sense. I agree with Dwlee acting towny. is there anything that convinced you that Dwlee/KT was TvS, not just Dwlee acting towny in a vacuum?

Star, I would really like you to answer this question.

In post 1578, Starbuck wrote:The 747 is, in fact, an airplane. I almost feel like you've been stalking me with that question, as I was an Aviation Electrician when I was in the Navy, I'm a huge aerophile, and I have my Bachelor's and Associate's in Aeronautics.

This is incredibly cool.

What's up next: I'm going to dig into BC's iso to look for interactions with Bastion

--implosion
provided
BeardedCat
BeardedCat
Goon
BeardedCat
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1610 (ISO) » Tue Dec 01, 2015 6:45 am

Post by BeardedCat »

@dwlee: No, actually I'm just explaining my own activity because I feel bad about what a non presence I've been this LYLO. This game is a commitment that I take seriously and I feel like I haven't been pulling my weight. I have the same 2 in 5 = 40% chance of being scum as anyone else does at this point. I've had some offline stuff going on and I was also in 3 LYLOs at once which was two too many. What I'm saying is that I can be around more often now than I was before.

BBT is barely active sitewide. Not completely siteflaked but perpetually behind everywhere. And he likes being scum so inactivity isn't alignment indicative for him. His last post in the hydra PT was on the 16th of November. If you think
you're
annoyed about BBT's activity levels...

--P

Starbuck
Starbuck
Jack of All Trades
Starbuck
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1611 (ISO) » Tue Dec 01, 2015 7:35 am

Post by Starbuck »

In post 1609, Errantparabola wrote:
In post 1576, Errantparabola wrote:That makes sense. I agree with Dwlee acting towny. is there anything that convinced you that Dwlee/KT was TvS, not just Dwlee acting towny in a vacuum?

Star, I would really like you to answer this question.

I swear I did. Was that in that big wall of yours?
Nexus
Nexus
He
miss
Nexus
He
miss
miss
Pronoun: He

Post Post #1612 (ISO) » Tue Dec 01, 2015 7:36 am

Post by Nexus »

Votecount 4.1:

Not voting (5)
- Errantparabola, Starbuck, Dwlee99, BeardedCat, Sir Bastion

Deadline for Night actions is at 9am on Saturday 5th December 2015. (expired on 2015-12-05 09:00:00)

With 5 alive it takes 3 to lynch.
Last edited by Nexus on Tue Dec 01, 2015 7:59 am, edited 1 time in total.
Trans rights are human rights.
Starbuck
Starbuck
Jack of All Trades
Starbuck
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1613 (ISO) » Tue Dec 01, 2015 7:37 am

Post by Starbuck »

@Mod - Saturday December 5th?
Dwlee99
Dwlee99
They/them
Survivor
Dwlee99
They/them
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1614 (ISO) » Tue Dec 01, 2015 8:39 am

Post by Dwlee99 »

Let's lynch bastion, then, shall we?
We have 3 days if anyone has anything they want to talk about.
Starbuck
Starbuck
Jack of All Trades
Starbuck
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1615 (ISO) » Tue Dec 01, 2015 9:01 am

Post by Starbuck »

@Errant - I feel like the answer to your question was in the post that was above it. Is there a certain point in this that you would like some more elaboration?

In post 1575, Starbuck wrote:
In post 1571, Errantparabola wrote:my question to Starbuck is: what changed?

So you chopped the inital part of my thought when it came to not really being able to see the town motivation of Dwlee and KT's early posts. It's answered right there:

In post 1247, Starbuck wrote:Dwlee vs KT is weird.
It feels like trying to add posts/be active for the sake of doing it and/or distancing.
Like I can't really see the Town motivation behind either of them.

It really came down to that either/or scenario on, at least, KT. With how much pal-ing around was going on between the two of them, plus their constant voting with each other, I can't believe that I would be the only person to think about the possibility of double scum between them. I did want to give each of them a chance to prove that they weren't. Dwlee, seemingly, passed that test and KT failed horribly.

As it went on, though, Dwlee was reacting in a manner that I would consider as town. In all actuality, I started reading Dwlee as much more genuine than KT. KT was nothing but over the top AtE (that whole under 18 thing could easily have been a way that KT slid under everyone's radar), WIFOM, forced case on Scorpious, overdefensiveness, deflection ("look at what so-in-so is doing" as a response) and just odd statements like "everyone is guilty until proven innocent." It didn't seem to be coming from a town perspective and I called it out from the get go of when I replaced in and it turns out, I was 100% spot on.
BeardedCat
BeardedCat
Goon
BeardedCat
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1616 (ISO) » Tue Dec 01, 2015 10:08 pm

Post by BeardedCat »

Now that my scumgame is complete I can say that I think I townread Rory a little prematurely; he didn't play all that well as scum in July/August when we were scum together, and as a result I was townreading his slot in n1653 for similar reasons to my townread on his slot in this game (tone mainly).

And then he replaced out of all of his games and I replaced into his slot in that game and got a scum role PM. It seems his scumplay has improved quite a bit in the intervening couple months. I had to pretend that I didn't know that until yesterday, but cat's out of the bag now. Rory's scumgame isn't as obvious as I had to pretend it was in order to win that other game.

I'll keep that in mind when I get to ISOing Rory/Starbuck; it will probably be easiest to form an opinion primarily based on Starbuck's play instead.

I'm going to ISO people now, in order of who has the least posts first because maybe I'll be able to get through several ISOs that way today.

Spoiler: apparently i have a lot of thoughts about this iso.
Errantparabola

Errant Bastion. BBT thinks that newbie scum are more likely to vote their partners but I don't/think that tell really only works in someone's first game if it works at all. Errant has "goon" over their name so they're still new but this isn't their first game.

Errant what I think of
Bella
because she's a former hydra partner of mine, and because
Call of the Wild
thought
Bella's
entrance was awkward. ScumErrant would know that I'm town here and that
Bella
is town and could reasonably expect that a former hydra partner would be more likely to say something like "yeah
Bella
's like that sometimes, it's a bad reason to scum read her". I don't see scum motivation in trying to get me to weigh in on
Bella
like this, because ultimately i'd be the one taking responsibility for reading
Bella
correctly as town and Errant wouldn't get anything out of it.

Errant
Ari
about
KT
/dwlee.
Ari
thought it was TvS and Errant wanted to know why
KT
, but indicates that they were also leaning scum on
KT
because of something they said. :/

Errant, I know later you say that you thought it was a TvT, after dwlee had backed down and called
KT
town, but back at this point in the game when the fight was still raging, did you think it was more TvT or SvS and why?

Errant why Rory thinks
Ari
is scum for calling
KT
/dwlee TvS and raises the good point that
Bella
is doing the same thing. It's sketchy to call an action scum when one player does it and ignore it when other people do it. I'll think about that later when I get to Rory/Starbuck. Errant wants to know why it needs to be TvS, which I think is a good question; it could easily be SvS, the whole thing has a scum theatre feeling in hindsight, especially the way it died away so quickly. Something to look at when I stop procrastinating reading dwlee's ISO.

Errant spends a while trying to get Rory to answer their questions for him and . Errant's case on Rory is that Rory is pushing a bad case on
Aristo
, claiming that Rory was asking
Ari
busywork questions that he had already answered, claiming that
Ari
hadn't been answering his questions when he had been, that he was pushing
Ari
for stuff while ignoring that
Bella
was doing the same thing. These are decent points against Rory.

I also don't see what scumErrant gets out of tying people to town aligned players. Errant is accusing Rory of treating
Ari
and
Bella
differently. If one of these players had been scum, scumErrant could then later push a case on townRory for treating town differently from how he treated scum. But they're both town so nothing to gain here.

Next, Errant
scorpious
KT
, and dwlee. Errant feels that
KT
is expressing fake rage, and that his scumreads are based on activity but he's pushing some people on logic that could apply to others while ignoring the others. Says that if
KT
is scum,
sonic
and Rory are a little more towny. Errant think the early stuff was TvT but thinks that if it is TvS then
KT
is more likely to be scum. (this is after dwlee has backed down from his
KT
scumread) I think this post feels town motivated too; I think scum would have reached a different conclusion here, saying that x or y were more likely to be scum if
KT
is scum rather than less likely to be. Unless Errant/Rory are scum together, but I'm not sure why scumErrant would be bussing scumRory when KT/dwlee were taking up all the attention.

Errant and tries to engage
Spiffeh
. Wants to know what
Spiffeh
thinks of
Scorpious
and Rory.

Errant dwlee's meta read on
KT
. So did the rest of us. This is in reply to Bastion who had asked if dwlee was defending
KT
too much. (this might be a point against townBastion but it's not a point against townErrant).

BBT prods Errant to take some stances and Errant does. Says
Ari
is an easy mislynch and that there's scum in the pool of people who are supporting voting him while keeping their votes on other people. Errant disliked
Spiffeh
's push on them, and didn't like
Spiffeh
jumping on the
Aristo
wagon while saying he'd rather vote someone else, which
gummmy
also mentioned. Says Dwlee/
KT
are town for now but still feels uneasy about
KT
. Didn't like
Scorpious
attacking Bastion's line of questioning instead of just answering the questions and hopes Rory would come back. I think this is a townpost.

Puts in a deadline scramble situation. Probably scum with Bastion.

After the double modkill, Errant
pignash's
iso and tries to make sense of it. Errant thinks that
pignash
pushing bastion right off the bat makes them less likely to be aligned. I'm not sure I agree because that was basically my situation when I first replaced into Rory's slot in that other game and I strongarmed a lynch on my buddy with cute puppy pictures
because
I was replacing into a difficult position and I needed a strong entrance.

Errant notes that
pignash
interacted with only [sir bastion,
spiffeh
, and me]. I guess it would be pretty sloppy of him to ignore both of his scumbuddies so that might not be an all town list but who knows. I'll have more of an opinion on this after rereading bastion, I'm sure.

I like but it really is missing a conclusion.
Errant, if you've received answers to your questions, please fill in the blank: in conclusion, the point of this wall post is _______

Okay, so reading through this I feel like Errant is a fairly cautious newer player but I like the depth of their approach and a lot of their posts seem more likely to come from newerTown than from scum because they don't seem to be accomplishing scum agenda type stuff; I think scum would have figured that the
KT
slot would not live to LYLO (definitely before dwlee started standing up for
KT
but even after that, the slot was never going to make it into the townbloc) and good day 1 scumplay would be to try to tie the
KT
slot to various townslots, which didn't happen.

I also don't think Errant makes much sense as a scumbuddy for any living player except maybeBastion I guess but I really just think Errant is town.

--P

BeardedCat
BeardedCat
Goon
BeardedCat
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1617 (ISO) » Wed Dec 02, 2015 2:16 am

Post by BeardedCat »

Sir Bastion

Spoiler: probably will be verbose about this too
Bastion
Call of the Wild
for posting to say that they didn't have an opinion on
KT
/dwlee. This could be a scumpost.

sonic
for noise. There was indeed a lot of noise going on at the time and some of it was from scum.

Bastion two
scorpious
posts, in which Scorpious was taking interest in the
KT
/dwlee debacle, and votes him over it.

Bastion, what specifically did you dislike about these posts at the time?
nevermind, he answers in .

So he disliked the
scorpious
posts because
Scorpious
was strongly advocating two wagons (
kt
and dwlee) without doing anything about them, wasn't voting for either of them. That's fair.

Bastion
scorpious
for a while for not pushing
KT
/dwlee.

Bastion dwlee some about having a screenshot of
KT
's hypixel account to share that
KT
was indeed 11 years old. I can't tell if this is a good point to push on or not but I think it makes Bastion less likely to be scum together with dwlee.

Bastion
KT
for being so noisy.

Bastion
scorpious
for hiding behind a skirt of
KT
and dwlee. This looks like already knew that
KT
would flip scum. Better scumplay would be to bus
KT
first and then go after
scorpious
but actually doing it this way works too because if you push
scorpious
/
kt
as being scum together, and
scorpious
flips first then you're free to re-evaluate the
kt
read if you want to because clearly they're not scum together after all.

is neither scummy nor towny which feels a bit like 'regardless of'. He was pushing him earlier for not voting and now that
scorpious
does vote he says he's going to keep voting him to see whether
scorpious
follows up or is hoping the wagon loses interest. Of course, now that Bastion has said this, he's free to continue voting whether
scorpious
follows up or not, because if
scorpious
follows up, it's only because Bastion told him to, and if
scorpious
doesn't, well he's probably scum then.

It also feels like he's posturing to jump on one of
kt
/dwlee for sheeping him onto that wagon.

He picks at me a bit because I'm carrying the hydra and my other head is barely here but that happened when I hydraed with
Bella
, too.

Bastion a
KT
/dwlee/
scorpious
scumteam. He thinks the entire thing between the three of them is scum theatre. I do also feel like
KT
/dwlee was scum theatre. It's interesting that he pushes scorpious first, but he's dwlee too, some.

He for her catchup posts which is weird but probably just a mafia theory disagreement. I think that even if a series of catchup posts is done by scum putting on a show, it is worthwhile to analyse it later, and it also helps us read the slot because we get to see the game through fresh eyes and stuff. Bastion likes
pignash
's replace in better where he doesn't catchup just makes a case against somebody.

townpoints for once he realises that she always catches up on replacing in.

He
Ari
some flavour questions and then because the flavour doesn't seem to match. I'm of two minds about this; on the one hand, fakeclaims are a thing and mods try to ensure the game can't be broken by flavour. On the other hand, I did recently spectate a game where a player didn't know anything about the flavour, deleted their role pm because they didn't think it was important to hang onto it, and was just going by memory, didn't realise that wizards were the bad guys in the book in question, and claimed wizard instead of whatever their mod provided fake claim was and then were lynched and flipped bad guy.

Bastion continues trying to break the game by flavour.

Bastion brings up in response to the modkill.

Bastion if her character is female after Tony's mason flip. This bothered me at the time and I said as much because with all of the gender claims already out there, the last mason could only have been in [starbuck, tony, spiffeh] and by getting starbuck to claim female it narrowed the pool down to [tony, spiffeh]. This is suspicious.

What was so important about your gender theory that it was worth potentially outing the mason over it?

Probably scum. I'm getting a migraine but tomorrow I'll look at starbuck/rory and maybe i'll get to dwlee but i may not finish dwlee tomorrow because 253 posts is a lot of posts. i'll be ready to vote before the deadline though.

--P

Dwlee99
Dwlee99
They/them
Survivor
Dwlee99
They/them
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1618 (ISO) » Wed Dec 02, 2015 6:36 am

Post by Dwlee99 »

VOTE: Bastion I have made my mind up. Let us just get this over with and start tomorrow.
Errantparabola
Errantparabola
Composed.
Errantparabola
Composed.
Composed.

Post Post #1619 (ISO) » Wed Dec 02, 2015 6:46 am

Post by Errantparabola »

In post 1616, BeardedCat wrote:Errant, I know later you say that you thought it was a TvT, after dwlee had backed down and called KT town, but back at this point in the game when the fight was still raging, did you think it was more TvT or SvS and why?

I remember Bella and some other folks thought that there was something weird about that interaction. I never understood that. How are you able to say that the interaction is weird coming from one side without knowing which side it's coming from? So I never really bought the whole TvS thing at that point because no one made any convincing arguments. My read on the two was mainly null, but I was willing to acknowledge that Dwlee was likelier town. I also never bought (and still don't buy) the SvS argument.

In post 1615, Starbuck wrote:@Errant - I feel like the answer to your question was in the post that was above it. Is there a certain point in this that you would like some more elaboration?

Not exactly... I guess what I'm trying to ask is were there any association tells between KT and Dwlee that made you think that they were scum together? If so, did those association tells change or did Dwlee's towniness override those tells?

In post 1601, Dwlee99 wrote:Just the tone of their posts coupled with their questions during the beginning. I am conflicted because they decided you were town early on. Ughhhh
If you read rorys iso though it is them just obvtowning. Scum team kept them alive for a reason (cause of townread on bc?). Sorry that this is just me rambling but meh.

I don't buy this at all.
1. The tone thing is just parroting what BC said way back in D1
2. The tone thing is pretty sketchy anyway (like what does "I like your tone" even mean")
3. I have never understood and probably never will understand how people think that asking questions is alignment indicative unless there is something specific about the questions that shows specific motivation behind them

I think that Star (and BC for that matter) have been acting town in a vacuum but I'm suspicious of how BC decides to back out of their rory townread, which they never really went in depth on in the first place. I can see backtracking happening much more easily in LYLO because the stakes are higher. Not only this, but the murky status of the rory townread gives BC easy opportunity to say "now that I think about it, maybe rory isn't town after all" which was, you know, also never really elaborated on. So maybe it's an attempt at distancing between the two of them?

--implosion
provided
Errantparabola
Errantparabola
Composed.
Errantparabola
Composed.
Composed.

Post Post #1620 (ISO) » Wed Dec 02, 2015 6:54 am

Post by Errantparabola »

VOTE: sir bastion

--implosion
provided
BeardedCat
BeardedCat
Goon
BeardedCat
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1621 (ISO) » Wed Dec 02, 2015 6:54 am

Post by BeardedCat »

VOTE: Bastion

Nexus
Nexus
He
miss
Nexus
He
miss
miss

Post Post #1622 (ISO) » Wed Dec 02, 2015 7:20 am

Post by Nexus »

Votecount 4.2:

Sir Bastion (3-LYNCH) -
Dwlee99, Errantparabola, BeardedCat

Not voting (2)
- Starbuck, Sir Bastion

Deadline for Night actions is at 9am on Saturday 5th December 2015. (expired on 2015-12-05 09:00:00)

With 5 alive it takes 3 to lynch.

Sir Bastion has been lynched. Flip incoming.
Nexus
Nexus
He
miss
Nexus
He
miss
miss

Post Post #1623 (ISO) » Wed Dec 02, 2015 7:24 am

Post by Nexus »

Sir Bastion - Harriet Tubman - Vanilla Townie - Lynched Day 4
Dwlee99 - Emmeline Pankhurts - Town Follower - Endgamed
Starbuck - Anne Frank - Vanilla Townie - Endgamed

Errantparabola - King John - Mafia Silencer
Pignash - Guy Fawkes - Goon
BeardedCat - Mary Tudor - Goon
have won. Well done
Nexus
Nexus
He
miss
Nexus
He
miss
miss

Post Post #1624 (ISO) » Wed Dec 02, 2015 7:25 am

Post by Nexus »

Spoiler: Role PMs
In post 1, Nexus wrote:Greetings Errantparabola, you are
King John of England, Mafia Limited Silencer
. You are a member of the Mafia, along with
KTthecreeper (Guy Fawkes)
and
BeardedCat (Mary Tudor)
, and you may speak with them at any time in this private topic.

King John is perhaps most famed for his appearance in Disney's Robin Hood, where he was portrayed as a childish, pathetic individual. In reality, he is famous for being nicknamed John Lackland, losing multiple wars, attempting to raise taxes, upsetting the Pope - which led to the English not being allowed to have weddings, funerals or christenings, and eventually being forced to sign the Magna Carta. All in all, one of the worst kings of England ever.

Abilities:

Silence -
During Nights 1 and 2 only, you may PM me the name of a player that you wish to silence. During the following Day, that player will be unable to vote at all. This ends following a lynch, and you may not target the same player on subsequent nights.

Kill -
During the Night, you may attempt to kill one of the other members of the game. If nothing prevents it, that player will be killed.

Vote -
During the Day, you attempt to blend in with the Town. This means you can vote to lynch someone.

You know that Robin Hood, King James I and Queen Matilda are not in this game. At any time you can PM me with one of the three, and a role, and I will fabricate a role PM for you.

You and the rest of the Mafia win when you control the majority, and nothing can prevent this from happening.

Please confirm you have read your role PM by replying with your name and role. The game thread is here

In post 2, Nexus wrote:Greetings KTthecreeper, you are
Guy Fawkes, Mafia Goon
. You are a member of the Mafia, along with
Errantparabola (King John)
and
BeardedCat (Mary Tudor)

Guy Fawkes is probably the best known, and most celebrated, terrorist in English history. He attempted to blow up the Houses of Parliament, to kill the Protestant King James I. He failed, of course, because he was caught with a fuse in his pocket by the King's guards underneath Parliament. Initially giving the fake name of John Johnson, Fawkes soon capitulated under torture, giving up his real name, and details of all his co-conspirators. He was hung, drawn and quartered soon after. There are rumours that it was all a government plot to discredit the Catholics, but who knows for sure?

Abilities:

Kill -
During the Night, you may attempt to kill one of the other members of the game. If nothing prevents it, that player will be killed.

Vote -
During the Day, you attempt to blend in with the Town. This means you can vote to lynch someone.

You know that Robin Hood, King James I and Queen Matilda are not in this game. At any time you can PM me with one of the three, and a role, and I will fabricate a role PM for you.

You and the rest of the Mafia win when you control the majority, and nothing can prevent this from happening.

Please confirm you have read your role PM by replying with your name and role. The game thread is here

In post 3, Nexus wrote:Greetings BeardedCat, you are
Queen Mary I, Mafia Goon.
You are a member of the Mafia, along with
Errantparabola (King John I)
and
KTthecreeper (Guy Fawkes)

Queen Mary I is the eldest daughter of Henry VIII, and was Queen of England for a time. As Queen, she gained the unfortunate nickname of 'Bloody Mary' due to the amount of Protestants that she had burnt. Oh, she also married Philip of Spain. She wasn't meant to be Queen, but she assembled a force of soldiers who deposed, and ultimately beheaded Lady Jane Grey, seizing power for herself. She had a relatively short reign, however, and when she died she was replaced by her more successful sister - Queen Elizabeth I.

Abilities:

Kill -

Vote -

In post 4, Nexus wrote:Greetings gummmybear, you are
Romulus, Town Mason.
You share a Private Topic with Metal Sonic,
Remus, Town Mason,
and you can discuss the game at any time.

Romulus was the son of Rhea Silva and the God of War, Mars, and has a twin brother in Remus. Their grandfather, King Numitor, was deposed by the evil Amulius. Amulius then cast Romulus and Remus out and attempted to drown them in the River Tiber. Romulus and Remus were saved by a she-wolf, who raised them until a shepherd and his wife found them. As they got older, the twins vowed revenge on Amulius and eventually got it. The two brothers then attempted to build a city each - Romulus wanted to make it on Palantine Hill, whereas Remus wanted to make it on Aventine Hill. When the cities were midway through being built, Remus went over to Romulus' walls and mocked his city, leading to Romulus murdering his twin. Eventually, Rome was founded.

Abilities:

Twins -
You know that Remus is in the game, and that he is Town, and you can talk together at anytime in your Quicktopic.

Vote -
During the Day, you can vote to lynch someone.

You win when all threats to town have been eliminated.

In post 5, Nexus wrote:Greetings Metal Sonic, you are
Remus, Town Mason.
You share a Private Topic with gummmybear,
Romulus, Town Mason,
and you can discuss the game at any time.

Remus was the son of Rhea Silva and the God of War, Mars, and has a twin brother in Romulus. Their grandfather, King Numitor, was deposed by the evil Amulius. Amulius then cast Romulus and Remus out and attempted to drown them in the River Tiber. Romulus and Remus were saved by a she-wolf, who raised them until a shepherd and his wife found them. As they got older, the twins vowed revenge on Amulius and eventually got it. The two brothers then attempted to build a city each - Romulus wanted to make it on Palantine Hill, whereas Remus wanted to make it on Aventine Hill. When the cities were midway through being built, Remus went over to Romulus' walls and mocked his city, leading to Romulus murdering his twin. Eventually, Rome was founded.

Abilities:

Twins -
You know that Romulus is in the game, and that he is Town, and you can talk together at anytime in your Quicktopic.

Vote -

In post 6, Nexus wrote:Greetings Dwlee99, you are
Emmeline Pankhurst, Town Follower.

Emmeline Pankhurst was the leader of the Suffragettes, and was famous for her no-nonsense approach to protesting for votes for women. She was formerly a Suffragist, however was sick of their non-violent tactics, and so attempted to get the vote by violent protest, such as vandalism, arson and hunger strikes. When the First World War broke out, Pankhurst called a halt to the militant tactics, and started getting men to join the army. She was one of the people who helped give white feathers to men who refused to fight, and attempted to coerce and shame them into joining up. In 1918, the Representation of the People Act gave all women over the age of 30 the vote.

Abilities:

Follow -
During the Night you can PM me the name of someone to Follow. You will find out what action, if any, they performed that Night, as long as you are not prevented from doing so.

Vote -

In post 7, Nexus wrote:Greetings Call of the Wild, you are
Eliot Ness, Town Gender Cop.

Eliot Ness is perhaps the most famous Prohibition Enforcement Officer there ever was. The founder of the 'Untouchables', Ness fought against the corruption that was rife during Prohibition-era America. His biggest scalp was that of one Alphonse Capone, who, alongside the work of the IRS, Ness helped to put into prison for tax evasion. Al Capone's associates assassinated one of Ness' friend, and also attempted to bribe Ness. He wasn't able to do so (hence: Untouchables). Capone was imprisoned for 11 years, and Ness' career moved on. Without Eliot Ness, Al Capone would have probably continued his reign of terror.

Abilities:

Investigate
- During the Night you can PM me the name of someone to investigate. You will find out what their role's gender is - Male or Female. This result will, as long as nothing prevents it, be 100% accurate.

Vote
- During the Day, you can vote to lynch someone.

In post 8, Nexus wrote:Greetings Aeronaut, you are
Harold Godwinson, Vanilla Townie

Harold Godwinson was the last Anglo-Saxon King of England. He is also famous as 'that bloke with the arrow in his eye' from the Bayeux Tapestry. Godwinson was one of three candidates for the English throne in 1066, after the death of Edward the Confessor. His opponents were William, Duke of Normandy, and Harald Hardrada, the Viking. Soon after Edward's death, Godwinson was crowned King of England, upsetting both William and Hardrada. This meant that both foreign armies invaded England - Hardrada at Stamford Bridge, and William at Hastings. Godwinson marched his army up to Stamford Bridge, defeating Hardrada in battle. However, Godwinson then had to force-march his army back down to Hastings, to face the Norman army of William. After nine hours of fighting, Harold was killed and his army routed.

Abilities:

Vote

In post 9, Nexus wrote:Greetings Scorpious, you are
Wat Tyler, Vanilla Townie

Wat Tyler was the leader of the 1381 Peasant's Revolt in England. Fed up of the way King Richard II was treating people, particularly following the introduction of the Poll Tax, the peasants of England began to march upon London. The peasants burnt and beat their way through England until they reached the capital. Wat Tyler joined the revolt after a tax collector sexual assaulted his daughter. When the revolt reached London, Tyler agreed to meet with the King and his advisers. Reports are unreliable, but it is rumoured that Wat Tyler was rude towards the King, leading to one of the King's advisers drawing his sword, and cutting Wat Tyler down, thus ending the revolt.

Abilities:

Vote

In post 10, Nexus wrote:Greetings Bellaphant, you are
King Charles II, Vanilla Townie

Charles II's dad, Charles I, was one of the worst monarchs in British History, what with losing the civil war, and then losing his head. Charles II, however, was the glorious return to the monarchy after the dull time of Oliver Cromwell. Charles II was known as a party guy, the 'King of Bling.' During his reign, he dealt with both the Great Plague, and then the Great Fire of London in subsequent years, as well as fighting various wars, and flitting between Catholicism and Protestantism. Still, he gave his name to a cool spaniel!

Abilities:

Vote

In post 11, Nexus wrote:Greetings Rory, you are
Anne Frank, Vanilla Townie

Anne Frank is the most famous diarist in History. She was a German born Jew who lived most of her life in Amsterdam. She lost citizenship in 1941, thanks to Hitler's anti-Jewish policies, and spent the last years of her life in hiding in Nazi-occupied Netherlands. Anne and her family lived for over two years behind a bookshelf, until they were betrayed and captured by the Nazis. Anne Frank spent the last years of her life in the Bergen-Belsen Concentration Camp, where she died two months before the liberation of the camp in 1945.

Abilities:

Vote

In post 12, Nexus wrote:Greetings Aristophanes, you are
Woodrow Wilson, Vanilla Townie

Woodrow Wilson was the 28th President of the USA, and is probably most famed for his Fourteen Points that he bought to the table to try and ensure that peace would reign after World War One. He also cracked down on Communism in America, helping the Palmer Raids to exist, as well as extending the vote to women in the USA. He was also incredibly influential in the setting up of the League of Nations in Europe, even though the USA didn't join.

Abilities:

Vote

In post 13, Nexus wrote:Greetings Sir Bastion, you are
Harriet Tubman, Vanilla Townie

Harriet Tubman is a former slave who worked as an abolitionist, humanitarian and Union Spy. She is perhaps most famed for her work with the Underground Railroad - a network of contacts that helped runaway slaves escape the South to the North. She was a devout Christian who also became a nurse to help soldiers during the Civil War. After her death in 1913, she became an icon for courage and freedom.

Abilities:

Vote

Return to “Completed Mini Theme Games”