Open 619: We're back in business (Game Over)

St Constantine the Hermit
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1 (isolation #0) » Sun Dec 06, 2015 2:48 am

Post by St Constantine the Hermit »

General Rules:

2) As Your Moderator, have final say in everything. If I make a mistake, please send me a PM to discuss it. Votecount errors can be pointed out in the thread.
3) Anything in the thread that should draw my attention should be bolded, thus: @Mod, blah blah blah.
4) You may not talk about this game outside of this thread; exceptions are only when your Role PM allows it.
5) Blue is my color (#0040FF). Do not use it, under penalty of impersonating the mod (which is a modkillable offense; so yeah, let's not do that).
6) Posting in other colors is allowed.
7) Do not quote your Role PM or any other PM from Me. Likewise, do not quote from any outside communication.
8) Do not post in invisible text or tiny text.
9) I will post votecounts no more often than once per page, usually at the top of the page if I can, or once per real-life day; whichever is less. If you feel there are not enough VC's for whatever reason, please feel free to PM me.
10) If you somehow have the ability to edit your post, do not. You will be modkilled with no remorse.
11) If this game has flavor, flavor is flavor. Parts is parts. Nothing in the flavor reflects actual game mechanics. You are free to ignore any flavor the game may have.
12) Prods will be subject to interpretation after one day without posting, so the actual size and content of your prod dodges matter. Granted, I am not a fiend about prodding.
13) Do not ask me to prod other individuals. I already have my own opinions on who is being active or not. I do not care for yours.
14) Only vote with VOTE: Constantine. Anything else wont be counted.
14) The first day is exactly 9 days. This can be extended by 2-3 days if a majority of players
vote to extend
15) All other days will be one week and 4 days. Extensions are permissible if a majority of living players
vote to extend
16) VTNL's are not permissible, but no lynches obviously are if the deadline is reached. I don't have time for those kind of shenanigans.
17) Obviously lynching requires for a majority of living players
18) You have 36 hours or so to send in your night actions
19) If you are night killed or lynched, you can make
a couple
bah! posts at the beginning of the day after your death, as long as they do not contain game relevant information
20) Don't have fun. If you have fun, I will modkill you.

(Stolen from some guy who stole them from some other guy who stole them from some chick but now they are mine and added on starting at rule 12)

Set-Up: Tit for Tat

Read this page: http://wiki.mafiascum.net/index.php?title=Tit_for_Tat

Spoiler: Sample Role PM

Role:
Vanilla Town

Alignment:
League of Order (Town)

You are an Arch-Mage in service of the informal Legion of Order. You are one of the successors to the original 12 Arch-Mages founded at the beginning of the second era by Nfelacham. You exist to lead the followers of your magical school to victory over the Legion of Chaos. Your power is your voice and your vote.
Last edited by St Constantine the Hermit on Fri Dec 11, 2015 4:48 pm, edited 5 times in total.
Show
Aye, let old constantine spin ye a tale...

Book of Constantine (Protestant) 214: 112 - God hates you
Book of Constantine (Catholic) 214:112 - God doesn't like you
Book of Constantine (Orthodox) 214:112 - God tolerates you
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2 (isolation #1) » Sun Dec 06, 2015 2:52 am

You can post in game as soon as you get your role PM and have confirmed it with me

If you fail to confirm your role PM with me privately, or post in the game before confirming, then there will be consequences
Show

Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3 (isolation #2) » Sun Dec 06, 2015 4:51 am

Day One Begins

Remember to read ALL the rules. I changed a lot of rules regarding time to fit my moderation style. If you do not read them, I guarantee you are going to be confused on deadlines or end up posting before confirming.

Lore: Yeah, I know it's long

In the beginning, there was no Runak. Only water in its stead. An ancient and powerful magician from an extinct race known as the Ilikiar, ascended to godhood after attaining a magical stave said to have been given to him by the Arta'hen themselves. This magicians name was Nfelacham.

During a time before the First Era, B'a'll Svatem, the original entity, representing all that was devoid, ruled the sole plane of reality, the Forgotten Realm.The Hena were created to provide B'a'll Svatem with companionship during his time as ruler of non-existence, but alas, some of the Hena were dissatisfied with their continuous state of non-existence. They formed a rebellion against B'a'll Svatem. Those that rebelled against B'a'll Svatem, called themselves the Arta'hen, while those that stayed by B'a'll Svatem's side, were called the Nfta'hen

After they had separated from B'a'll Svatem, they decided they needed a land of their own. One that was no longer devoid of existence. They combined their magical powers to create the world, so they could live in eternal peace and existence. B'a'll Svatem, unhappy with the new world the Arta'hen had created, designed races of sentient beings, less powerful than the Hena, to occupy the new world. He willed these new races to produce fast and be set on chaos, so that they may slowly destroy the new world, and in return, they would be given a place in death by his side in the Forgotten Realm.

For awhile, B'a'll Svatem's plan succeeded, and his new races desecrated the world. The Arta'hen appealed to these new races, and told them about the horrors of non-existence. One race, the Illikiar, had accepted the teachings of the Arta'hen, and became their followers. Under the guidance of the Arta'hen, the Illikiar subjugated most of the other races, and established an empire spanning the world, in order to protect existence and to worship their new gods.

B'a'll Svatem, enraged at the treachery of another of his creations, had came to the world himself to make the Illikiar an ultimatum. He warned them that they would either join him in non-existence, or would suffer the rest of existence in eternal misery. The Illikiar refused to give in. For this, B'a'll Svatem concoted a great plague known as the scourge, that would spread across the lands, and corrupt the minds of all who caught it. The plague devastated the Illikiar empire, so they consulted the Arta'hen. Their gods were powerless to stop the scourge, and as a result, many of the Illikiar abandoned their faith. Entire Illikiar cities converted to serving B'a'll Svatem, and began hunting down the Arta'hen. Despite the massive magical powers of the Arta'hen, they began being killed off one by one, until there were only 13 remaining.

The remaining 13 Arta'hen, were forced to flee the world and live as outcasts outside both the planes of existence and non-existence. Before they left, they expended their magical powers one last time to create a magical stave, known as the Staff of Creation. With this staff, one individual could wield the powers of all the Arta'hen combined, each Arta'hen having possessed a school of magic of their own. They decided to leave this staff in the Great Temple of Yitual, the last bastion of their Illikiar followers.

The priests of Yitual could not determine which one of them was fit to have the staff, and consulted for many days while the temple was under siege. B'a'll Svatem saw the staff as the final threat to his victory, and gave orders to one of his agents in the temple, Lortaek. He spoke to Lortaek, "You shalt destroy the Staff of Creation. If you fail, I will give you a staff of my own, so that you shalt again corrupt the world with the magical powers of 5 of my loyal Nfta'hen."

Lortaek was unable to destroy the Staff of Creation in time, and it was given to a high priest, Nfelacham, who became a god himself upon wielding the staff. Nfelacham and the Priests of Sun agreed to abandon the lands which had fallen to the scourge, and create a new one. They broke the siege, and built many ships in order to carry all the members of races that stayed loyal to the Illikiar, to the new land they would create.

So it was to be, and Nfelacham set out to create a new continent. A continent called Runak. Runak would be a diverse land, with swamps, jungles, mountains, grasslands, deserts, and every kind of terrain imaginable. Deep in the northern mountains of Runak, Nfelacham built the City of Runes, which would serve as the bastion of Runak, one which should never become corrupted. Deep in the City of Runes, a temple was built, with a magical font in the inner sanctum. There, Nfelacham broke his staff into thirteen individual pieces, and threw 12 of them into the font, which would give the powers of the Arta'hen to all men who sought to wield them. The one piece he kept dictated the power of Arcanium, the most powerful of all the magical schools, as it governed all the magic of the other 12 schools. Finally, Nfelacham appointed 12 arch mages, each to govern their own individual school of magic, and made them the spiritual rulers of Runak. After this, Nftelacham took the few who remained in the Illikiar race, to leave the world to find the exiled Arta'hen, so that one day he may bring them back into the world in which they created. With the actions that Nfelacham took, the second era of existence was born.

B'a'll Svatem, honoring his word, and gave Lortaek his own staff, the Staff of Destruction. Lortaek, who had fled the lands with Nfelecham, now had command of the chaotic magical forms of Darkness, Blight, Blood, Summoning, and Nefarium, which was anti-magic, or the magic of non-existence. Lortaek, shortly after Nfelacham left the world, copied Nfelacham's actions, and threw 4 pieces of the Staff of Destruction into the magical font inside the City of Runes. With that action, dark powers became assecible to the races of Runak, and the Arch-Mages watched in terror as blight and destruction spread across the land.

This only deepened the divide between Arta'hen and Nfte'hen followers, as the City of Runes was slowly becoming more segregated and tense. The Arch-Mages assembled to vote on how to fix the problem. The majority of them, followers of Arta'hen magic, decided that they should honor Nftelachams wishes, and that the City of Runes and the surrounding Valley of Runes should never become corrupted by B'a'll Svatem. They dissolved their formal positions, and blocked off the City of Runes by creating a magical barrier around it. The area around the city, inside this barrier, would be known as the Valley of Runes.

The Arch-Mages had signed their covenant. They would forever abandon the City of Runes until a clear victor in the battle between existence and non-existence could be declared. Runak fractured as a result, and various kingdoms claiming to represent different sides in the eternal battle between the two elements were formed. The allied kingdoms that worshiped Nfelacham and the Arta'hen, would be called the Legion of Order. The alliance of kingdoms that sought to destroy all existence and return to glory with B'a'll Svatem in the forgotten realm, were called the Legion of Chaos. And so, the War of the Two Legions began, marking the beginning of the Third Era...

Vote Count
(Updated: Last official vote count)

Hlp - Lane (1)
Lane - Alwaysinnocent, Independent Synergy (2)
Malakittens - Willowmeadow (1)
Alwaysinnocent - Soren, Bloodking (2)
Soren - Malakittens, Kelbris (2)
Independent - Persivul (1)
Kelbris - Bullet (1)

With 12 players alive, it takes 7 votes to lynch

Mod Note:
Deadline to confirm is 38 hours from 9 pm EST (12/8; 11:00am)
Last edited by St Constantine the Hermit on Mon Dec 07, 2015 1:46 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Show

Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #34 (isolation #3) » Sun Dec 06, 2015 2:50 pm

In post 18, kelbris wrote:
VOTE: Soren

had to fix it up so it was official, same reason as above.

Please do as the rules say, and only use the bright white highlighted VOTE: or I am going to likely pass over them. My eyesight isn't what it used to be.
Also just reminding people about public VC's, because otherwise they are going to remain "official" as a private VC.

Show

Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #37 (isolation #4) » Sun Dec 06, 2015 3:37 pm

Race:
Makyop
Homeland:
Hermaous Island
Religion:
Cult of Lorkaen, Cult of Th'um
Alignment:
Nfta'han

The Makyop are a race of vampiric bat people that settled on the island of Hermaous during the second era. Unlike many of the other races of Runak, the Maykop did not come over onboard ships from the old world, and were instead the result of failed magical experiments on prisoners used by an inexperienced Orc blood mage, Dathumi Ract
(Th'um in Makyop tongue)
. In attempting to enhance the abilities of the body by directing magical energies into the blood, the Th'um inadvertently changed the properties of blood altogether, making this new magical blood essential for the survival of anyone who had recieved treatment. Only through the act of feeding on the blood of others, and ritually enchanting the blood using magic, could someone with vampirism survive. The fact that the Makyop have wings like a bat is by design. When those with the treatment were breeded by the Th'um, he found that only Man (Orcish Mak) and the Bat Race (Orcish Yop) could successfully reproduce, hence the origins of the word "Makyop." Most Makyop worship the Th'um as a god today, and hail him as their creator.

Makyop society is divided into three social classes. At the lowest social class are the Vampire cattle, which exist solely to do manual labor and be fed on by Makyop. At the highest social class are the Master Vampires, who have developed their vampiric powers to a massive extent, and wield massive control of magic. The Makyop do not live in conventional settlements, instead each Makyop belonging to one of several powerful Vampiric Clans, each with their own stronghold somewhere on the island of Hermaous. Villages and towns do exist for slaves and cattle, and they are unguarded by the Maykop, who instead choose to show up to these villages each day to feed on those caught not working.

Vote Count

Hlp - Lane (1)
Lane - Alwaysinnocent, Independent Synergy (2)
Alwaysinnocent - Soren, Bloodking (2)
Soren - Malakittens, Kelbris (2)
Independent - Persivul (1)
Kelbris - Bullet (1)
Show

Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #53 (isolation #5) » Tue Dec 08, 2015 9:15 am

The Death of 11 Arch-Mages: Aryan's Sacrifice and the Betrayal of Solomon

Aryan's sacrifice refers to an event in Runak history twelve years after the start of the third era. After the conclusion of an investigation conducted by the Order of the Sun Magicians, it was founded that noticeable weaknesses existed in the original magical barrier designed to contain the Runic Valley. The Firstborn High Priest of Sun, Koldiak, summoned a meeting of the original Arch-Mages, except Telmor, the Arch-Mage of The Earth, who was assassinated the prior year, and was succeeded by Yugsum, an Elven master earth magician.

Much debate had taken place on how to fix the barrier. Eventually it was agreed upon that a new barrier must be created in the stead of the old one, more powerful than the last. The question was how. 12 of the most powerful magicians in existence could not produce a barrier that could last two decades. Aryan finally presented a solution. He believed that if the arch-mages were to sacrifice themselve, then their followers would be able to harness their full magical energy to recreate the barrier, stronger than before.

Most of the magicians agreed to Aryan's plan, except the Arch-Mage of water, Zaritta Solomon, who was dead set against the use of blood magic, and was the only one of the magicians vocal about not recreating the barrier. Solomon had left the Elder Council in a rage, while the others proceeded with Aryan's plan.

The 11 Arch-Mages met on the peak of Mt. Muenson with several dozen top magicians working for the Order of the Sun Magicians, and committed suicide. Once they died, the magicians in attendance harnessed their powers, and were able to recreate the barrier, stronger than ever. This event was later known as "Aryan's Sacrifice."

After the ritual, Solomon began preaching to the Water Magicians that the barrier must be allowed to fall, and worshippers of both the Arta'han and Nfta'han should be allowed to once again rejoice in the riches of the Valley of Runes. His discontent changed him overtime, as he slowly began to move the Order of Water away from following the way of the Arta'han. In one night of frustration, he visited a shrine of Ba'll Svatem, and called to him, "Ba'll Svatem, why have you forsaken your creations? Why do you not see equal value in all your entities? If you have any love for us, you would help me strike down the barrier that keeps us trapped!"

Ba'll Svatem answered, "Solomon, you are the only one of all the priests and magicians to follow the Arta'hen to have attempted to summon me. You have shown great wisdom in consulting your creator, so I will grant you your wish, on condition that you sacrifice your life and the Order of Water to non-existence, and you will serve in the Forsaken Realm, reborn as one of my Hena!"

Solomon offered his soul, and ascended to the Forsaken Realm to rule as a servant of Ba'll Svatem, under promise that the Magical Barrier would one day fall. This is known by the Order of the Sun Magicians, as "Solomon's betrayal," and is how Water magic came to be associated with the Nfta'han. Water Magicians often reject this asscoiation, and instead claim that their school of magic is not oriented towards either realm of worship. Some dissident priests and magicians in The Order of Sun have also rejected this claim. The Unofficial Arch-Mage of Lighting, Sathor, was declared a heretic for this reason among many others.

Mod Note:
hasta_la_pasta has been replaced by Not_Mafia, and GaleWingSrock has replaced herself
Last edited by St Constantine the Hermit on Wed Dec 09, 2015 1:20 am, edited 3 times in total.
Show

Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #94 (isolation #6) » Thu Dec 10, 2015 8:16 am

Race: Human
Profession: Hermit, saint, master alchemist, and legendary jester

St. Constantine the Hermit was revered as a saint by the Church of Sun, under the administration of the Order of Sun Magicians, for perfecting an easy to prepare healing potion out of common plants and fungus Today he travels Runak looking for rare ingredients for his potions and entertaining the rulers of Kingdoms with his legendary jest. He can usually be found in random caves across Runak, working on his potions and recipes. It is rumored that he is very good friends with the arch-mage of lighting, Sathor, and is working to find a cure for the Scourge.

VC 2

Hlp - Lane (1)
Lane - Independent Synergy, Always Innocent (2)
AlwaysInnocent - Soren, Bloodking (2)
Soren - Malakittens (1)
Kelbris - Bullet, Galewingsrock (2)
Willowmeadow - Kelbris, Persivul (2)

Pro Tip:
If you are anti-fun, get the fuck out of any game St Constantine mods
Last edited by St Constantine the Hermit on Thu Dec 10, 2015 8:28 am, edited 2 times in total.
Show

Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #128 (isolation #7) » Fri Dec 11, 2015 2:52 pm

I am having trouble navigating the site, I don't know if anyone has ran into this problem. Don't even mention reloading either.
Currently I can only navigate through the ISO's and to the last page, so if the game catches fire and you don't see a VC in awhile, you know why.

Update:
For some reason pages I look at have content deleted that I know was there. It is very strange, since it is usually sentences or something. Has anyone else noticed this, or are these disappearances only showing up on my computer? I am really starting to worry that I actually summoned some god of non-existence here, and now I am some weird variant of King Midas. What do I do?
Last edited by St Constantine the Hermit on Fri Dec 11, 2015 3:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Show

Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #132 (isolation #8) » Fri Dec 11, 2015 4:33 pm

Wait a second, is quoting the reason this is happening? Let me test.
Show

Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #133 (isolation #9) » Fri Dec 11, 2015 4:34 pm

In post 132, St Constantine the Hermit wrote:Wait a second, is quoting the reason this is happening? Let me test.

Okay, no, I am clueless. I'll have to ask the administrators if they know why this is happening, or if they fucked with the code or something.
Show

Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #134 (isolation #10) » Fri Dec 11, 2015 4:44 pm

I am locking the game until the problem is resolved. If it isn't resolved within 24 hours, I will reopen the game and we will just have to accept that some really freaky shit is occurring and continue the game.
Show

Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #136 (isolation #11) » Mon Dec 14, 2015 2:06 pm

Okay, the game is open again. Sorry, the site is still clashing with my computer so I wasn't able to get on until today
(I will be looking for a co-mod just in case)

I want it to go on record though, that I have not been editing anyone's posts, despite the allegations being made, and the disappearances are most likely the result of some sort of bug.
Show

Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #416 (isolation #12) » Sat Dec 19, 2015 5:10 am

This game thread is working for me again, so I am going to be active here again. Other parts are not. One of the important parts being the Mafia PT (the PM's also go really slow), so I am still going to need a back-up mod. So if you want to stay Jackal, I could really use your help. Anyways, here is the flavor from Persivul's role.

Role:
Mafia Backup Jailor

Alignment:
League of Chaos (Mafia)

How are you doing Persivul, aka, Ogar Kor Grobash? You are the Orc chieftain of the powerful Bloodskull Tribe. The Bloodskull Tribe has territories extending from the Mountainous Icy Wastes beneath the Valley of Runes all the way to the Llvella River. Your tribe is apart of the informal League of Chaos, since your leaders had began practicing Blood Magic near the end of the second era. Although the various Orcish tribes are largely unintrested in the greater conflict, your tribe was pushed into the war due to inhabiting the same territory as the Wolfripper Clan, a group of hardy transforming Werewolves which are fervent worshipers of Nfelacham. The Bloodskull Tribe is infamous for sacking villages and kidnapping groups of civilians to hold for ransom. If the Jailkeeper dies, you will become the new jailkeeper, and will then have the power to block and protect someone each night, not in addition to using your factional kill though.

Edit: Sorry, I take that back. It started to work like shit again. Took me over 50 reloads just to review this page.

Yes I will stick around since it seems you're still having issues. -Jackal
Show

Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #482 (isolation #13) » Tue Dec 22, 2015 8:08 am

Here is the dead mans flavor

Role:
Jailor

Allignment:
League of Order (Town)

Hello Bloodking, also known as Steelsword. You are the Warrior Chief of the Wolfripper Clan, a band of hard drinking Men during the day, and a pack of ferocious werewolf's at night. Your Clan members are fervent worshipers of Nfelacham, despite being guided by Magicians of the Nfta'han magical school of Water. Your clan is currently at war with the Orcish Bloodskull Tribe, who have been polluting the Northern Wastes with shrines and fonts dedicated to B'a'll Svatsem. You are the jailor, and may block and protect someone once a night by targeting them.

Describing flavor is always okay. Directly quoting from the Role PM is banworthy. The site is working a little better, so I'll be around to make vote counts. Still functioning quite poorly with PM's and the mafia PT.
Show

Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #483 (isolation #14) » Tue Dec 22, 2015 8:19 am

I can't access page 19 for some reason, so all votes and unvotes on that page are nullified. I believe AI was lynched, but it is better to be safe than srry.

So rather than seeking to confirm with at least 3 people whether AI was lynched, I simply ask that everyone on that page just revotes.

My VC (post 501) confirmed AI's lynch. Insert role flavor if you can. -Jackal
Last edited by Jackal711 on Tue Dec 22, 2015 12:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Show

Return to “Completed Open Games”