Moon Walker
Titus
She/her
Moon Walker
Moon Walker
Pronoun: She/her

Post Post #1250 (ISO) » Sun Dec 06, 2015 4:39 pm

Post by Titus »

Yeah, that's game. Not going to prolong it. Mod told me I had no shot when subbing in anyway. I had a game plan but *shrug* I knew this just was y'all getting to finish the game.

Gg.
Show
The scum had the misfortune of Titus being absurdly accurate on day one.Really quite impressed by that.~Drixx

You're letting Titus win the game by herself.Good luck now I guess.You have no chance to win.~Tywin

GTKTitus Part 2
Titus Academy

VLA Friday nights until Sunday morning.

All hail the Scum Empress!
pieguyn
pieguyn
Survivor
pieguyn
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1251 (ISO) » Sun Dec 06, 2015 4:51 pm

Post by pieguyn »

/honorable bow

I wouldn't count this game at all if I were you tbh, Persi replacing out when he was completely and utterly fucked no matter how he tried to play it was a dick move even if he tried to justify it as "not meeting others' standards" (which isn't correct since he would have been fucked anyway).
Ranger
Ranger
She/Her
{Top Tier}
Ranger
She/Her
{Top Tier}
{Top Tier}
Pronoun: She/Her

Post Post #1252 (ISO) » Sun Dec 06, 2015 4:52 pm

Post by Ranger »

Nice to finally have this game over!

It was the first game I started on this site, and yet, here I am finishing it
way
after many other games I've been in.

I'll have more thoughts after the official flip.
AKA, rBree2. Casual tryhard. I've Quite the RANGE. #pluralgang
"Interestingly though, town winrate in Blitzes has been really high."
- RadiantCowbells |
"Ranger's been town in most of them."
- Plotinus
"Ranger fake claiming? I'm shocked"
- usesPython
Game History
Firebringer
Firebringer
Trail Blazer
Firebringer
Trail Blazer
Trail Blazer

Post Post #1253 (ISO) » Sun Dec 06, 2015 4:53 pm

Post by Firebringer »

Yeah replacing out like that,
huge dick move.

Seriously, fight to the end.
Show
"You are the Joker of mafia players" - Oversoul
"last time I was scum with Firebringer
his first post in the scum PT was "yes I rolled scum!"
I decided to post "haha just don't post that in the main thread", but to get up to date on the main thread first.

His first post in the main thread was "yes I rolled scum!" -popsofctown
Titus
Titus
She/her
Moon Walker
Titus
She/her
Moon Walker
Moon Walker

Post Post #1254 (ISO) » Sun Dec 06, 2015 4:57 pm

Post by Titus »

FB check the hydra thread. I just put the setup for my game in the hydra thread.

Gg.
Show
The scum had the misfortune of Titus being absurdly accurate on day one.Really quite impressed by that.~Drixx

You're letting Titus win the game by herself.Good luck now I guess.You have no chance to win.~Tywin

GTKTitus Part 2
Titus Academy

Quaroath
Quaroath
Mafia Scum
Quaroath
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1255 (ISO) » Sun Dec 06, 2015 4:57 pm

Post by Quaroath »

The end of the line
The story all fine
The scum, notorious
The town, victorious

Titus - (4) Ika Musume, Brunneis, The Fire Hermit, Ranger
Not Voting - (6) Titus, duppin

Titus - Mafia Goon has been lynched

Game over - Town wins!

[/i][/b]
One Hamster to rule them all!
One Hamster to find them!
One Hamster to bring them all!
And in the sawdust bind them!
Quaroath
Quaroath
Mafia Scum
Quaroath
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1256 (ISO) » Sun Dec 06, 2015 4:58 pm

Post by Quaroath »

Deepest thanks to Titus for stepping in so the game could end. Finding a replacement took longer because I gave people a heads up on the situation when asking them about it.
pieguyn
pieguyn
Survivor
pieguyn
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1257 (ISO) » Sun Dec 06, 2015 5:01 pm

Post by pieguyn »

I had absolutely atrocious reads D2 that I completely reversed after Gray was lynched. sorry for all the shit I gave you @Ranger, you were p much on point. I usually read and try to work with people based on the reasoning behind their reads and whether it comes off as disingenuous, so I have a tendency to always screw up when I try to read people who are less transparent with reads.

I would have been somewhat OK with Persi replacing out if there was any way it was possible for someone to get out of it by playing sufficiently well, but in this case there wasn't. he was literally just fucked because we had successfully POE'd him with role evidence/strong play-based evidence. so yeah, in his case replacing out was 100% a dick move.
Titus
Titus
She/her
Moon Walker
Titus
She/her
Moon Walker
Moon Walker

Post Post #1258 (ISO) » Sun Dec 06, 2015 5:22 pm

Post by Titus »

The only shot I had to win is to convince y'all I was framed. Lynch elsewhere.

Shoot.

No lynch.

Shoot.

Lylo.

Blah.
Show

GTKTitus Part 2
Titus Academy

Firebringer
Firebringer
Trail Blazer
Firebringer
Trail Blazer
Trail Blazer

Post Post #1259 (ISO) » Sun Dec 06, 2015 5:32 pm

Post by Firebringer »

In post 1254, Titus wrote:FB check the hydra thread. I just put the setup for my game in the hydra thread.

Gg.

Cool I will check it out.
Show
I decided to post "haha just don't post that in the main thread", but to get up to date on the main thread first.

Titus
Titus
She/her
Moon Walker
Titus
She/her
Moon Walker
Moon Walker

Post Post #1260 (ISO) » Sun Dec 06, 2015 5:43 pm

Post by Titus »

In post 1259, Firebringer wrote:
In post 1254, Titus wrote:FB check the hydra thread. I just put the setup for my game in the hydra thread.

Gg.

Cool I will check it out.

Thanks.
Show

GTKTitus Part 2
Titus Academy

ika
ika
Survivor
ika
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1261 (ISO) » Sun Dec 06, 2015 5:49 pm

Post by ika »

ya thats a new standard of low to replace out.

i mean if i was mod i would of jsut called the game then and there personally cus it was a loss

im happy pie carried me in this game also this game was jsut eh to me and i kinda fell out later and could nto recover
Ranger
Ranger
She/Her
{Top Tier}
Ranger
She/Her
{Top Tier}
{Top Tier}

Post Post #1262 (ISO) » Sun Dec 06, 2015 5:50 pm

Post by Ranger »

I think that, overall, this was a really, really good town game for us all.

About me:
This might have been my first game on site, but honestly it's probably also my best game. I named one scum right off the bat and never let my vote leave Errant all of D1. My reads weren't so great the first half of D2, but then something clicked, and it was all there: I correctly called GrayFoxx a serial killer, I correctly called makara/Persivul scum, I maintained my Errant read throughout the whole game, and somewhere down the line, MaxwellPuckett got added in. Then, on D3, I did associatives that showed Maxwell as the most likely to be the roleblocker and
that
was right, too, so I'm happy with what I did. I do regret a few things, though. Mainly, while the above accuracy is true, I did not play a perfect game: I had a silly early goodmorning suspicion (which I dropped when I realized I was being stupid and pursuing a power role), and then the incorrect Trivium/Brunneis suspicion, which continued into D2. So, good game, probably my best game ever, but not perfect.

Brunneis:
I feel like you did a really excellent job of handling the pressure you were placed under. During D1 and D2, you were significantly pushed by the majority of the playerlist, yet you managed to use that time in the spotlight to push your beliefs, and I think that was immensely pro-town of you. You managed to take what would otherwise have been negative attention and turn it into something which made you obviously town, and that is very impressive, especially considering how persistent the IC was in trying to lynch you. However, I would say that both heads of you were a little bit...tunnely. (I know, pot, kettle.) It took you a lot longer than it could have to start piecing the puzzle pieces together, so if I have advice to you two, it would be to keep a more open mind.

duppin:
I don't really have much to say. Your posting wasn't necessarily the strongest in-thread, however, you were raising good points and making solid posting enough to be rated as my highest uncleared player, so great job there.

goodmorning:
While I think your casual attitude wasn't exactly an issue, I think you drew too much attention to yourself when you said you weren't going to be lynched this game. It was true, but it'd have been nice to have gotten that cop shot off rather than see you just get nightkilled immediately. Remember, you can't rely on there being doctors in this setup, and even if you could, Varsoon shows why even then that might not work. So, good job getting killed early, but...next time, try to make it N2 not N1? :P

GrayFoxx:
Honestly, I think you did a fine job of scumhunting, which is why I didn't think you were groupscum, but you were definitely not the same passionate GrayFoxx I was introduced to, and I think that's why you got lynched in the end. I think if you had been more active and pushed harder, your serial killer game would have made you a severe threat.

ika:
Good job holding the early game and having some fairly solid early reads, here! It would have been nice to see you in the late-game, though, since there were many times where pie could have used you.
pie:
You might not have held the best reads in the middle of the game, but you did have a solid read on Brunneis, which was vital for turning the tide in the game. Throw in your late-game analysis killing it, and you definitely are among the candidates for town MVP. My only gripe is that you were basically absent from the early-game; it would have been good to have you there the whole game.

The Fire Hermit:
I think that you two need to consider some serious tweaks to your playstyle. Your drive to get a lynch is something that is admirable, but your stubborn unwillingness to compromise almost cost the town the game multiple times, particularly in mylo when you were pushing Brunneis. I would advise you think about why the scum left you, confirmed town, alive the whole game: that Brunneis push was helpful to them. I feel that the simplest change would be to broaden your focus to having reads on the entire playerbase. There's nothing wrong with focusing on a read, but focusing exclusively on ONE read tends to do more harm than good. That being said, you did a good job of pushing when you
did
push (albeit wrong), especially on D1, and ultimately, you DID end up getting over the Brunneis scumread, so you do have a good sense of when you've reached your limit. Keep it in mind, and I think you can both improve.

Trivium:
I would avoid sabotaging your towngame for the sake of your scum game. You should always be striving to improve both at all times. That was one detail I remembered when reading about you. I don't think I have much advice for you given how soon you died and the reasoning behind it. (Mainly, deadline, follow the IC, with a side of scum: Errant, makara, and MaxwellPuckett all pushed you, the latter two with votes.) I'd maybe be able to come up with small refinements (for instance, not quoting the entire wall when quoting a post), but mostly I just think you got unlucky, and that in another game, you'd probably be fine.

Varsoon:
I think you did an excellent job at leading the town come D2. You took a situation that was bad and turned it around; without you, the game might not have been a town win. You managed to place the scum in a precarious position, even though they had blocked you, boxing them in to the lethal VT claims they were forced to make, which we were able to work with from there. Also, while scum may have stopped it, good job protecting the scum nightkill and also town cop.

Scum as a whole:
I think you made a mistake when you killed Varsoon over Ika. Ika had, at that point in the game, a 1/8 chance of blocking a kill. They were also a long-term threat which would always exist, so taking them out early would have been better. In contrast, Varsoon had a 1/2 chance of stopping your kill (much higher odds), and you could
always
stop a kill on him. I think that you might have won if you had blocked Varsoon and killed Ika. However, that said, I understand the logic behind picking off Varsoon, and your actions were otherwise right on point: you nailed the cop N1, you stopped the doctor from saving the cop, and you managed to lynch the serial killer D2.

I also felt that you ran the risk of what happened: an all-or-nothing gambit where you were gambling on none of you being discovered, which backfired: once you became suspects as individuals, relational tells helped seal the deal, given your distancing-yet-never-bussing until it was too late. When you finally
did
bus, it was not only too late to earn town credit, but also counter-productive, given that Troy would have required
every
town player to lynch and...ended up only having half of that.

Errantparabola:
If I had advice for your scum game, it would be to do what you did late game, constantly: give content, and continue giving content. You can't really do much to deal with a player who is scumreading you effectively off of gut (which I was), but my scumread on you wouldn't have been damaging if it was just me holding the scumread. After your severe drop in activity, you instantly entered the eyes of the rest of the town as a suspect, so keep up the scumhunting.

makara:
When you come back, I would advise to stay more active overall. You did a good job staying under the radar for D1, but on D2, you entered into the POE pool fairly low. That could have been stopped if you were actively giving content, I think, which hindered you.

MaxwellPuckett:
You did a very good job staying on the positive side of null, being the last scum exposed (and technically only after you replaced out). Like Errant and makara, I think that increased activity may have saved you, and if push came to shove, you could have bussed your scumbuddies. As the scum roleblocker, you needed to live in order to give your team a chance, since once you were gone, they ended up being unable to win.

Persivul:
You did a great job drawing attention away from MaxwellPuckett, almost getting yourself lynched over your roleblocker, but you made a lot of small misplays in various spots, contradictions, jumping to extreme conclusions, and generally feeling insincere except when it came to rage about things that weren't alignment-indicative. I think if you had played more aggressively rather than passively, you might have gotten a more favorable result.

...Also, as has been said: replacing out was a dick move.

Titus:
Good spirit for replacing into a no-win scenario!

Troy:
If you're going to replace into a game...you should actually replace into the game and play it. Your team, desperately,
desperately
, needed you active, and when you didn't deliver, that was the turning point which allowed the town to win.

Quaroath:
Excellent modding, well-flavored game with a votecount nearly every page. My only complaint: sometimes it was at the bottom of the page; you can always fluff poetry to bump! :P Other than that, you did great.
- RadiantCowbells |
- Plotinus
- usesPython
Game History
Ranger
Ranger
She/Her
{Top Tier}
Ranger
She/Her
{Top Tier}
{Top Tier}

Post Post #1263 (ISO) » Sun Dec 06, 2015 5:54 pm

Post by Ranger »

pie wrote: sorry for all the shit I gave you @Ranger, you were p much on point.
Thanks for the compliment! And it's alright, ultimately, you managed to figure it out. If I had to give credit to the two players I think most shaped the town victory this game, the first would be Varsoon; the second would be you.
- RadiantCowbells |
- Plotinus
- usesPython
Game History
Firebringer
Firebringer
Trail Blazer
Firebringer
Trail Blazer
Trail Blazer

Post Post #1264 (ISO) » Sun Dec 06, 2015 6:01 pm

Post by Firebringer »

Personally sorry to Kling and Taly that things got heated, but you guys threw so much AtE that even I couldn't deal with it properly without blinding goggles, it was bad. Alot of it. The whole "I am going to get you guys banned" just really really was taking shit too far.

I don't even care how much you meant it then, that was not a way to play.
Show

Firebringer
Firebringer
Trail Blazer
Firebringer
Trail Blazer
Trail Blazer

Post Post #1265 (ISO) » Sun Dec 06, 2015 6:02 pm

Post by Firebringer »

Ranger you did good, I don't think you were ever even in consideration for scum in my eyes.
But then I did start paying less and less attention to game as it went on. Especially after Day 1.
Show

Errantparabola
Errantparabola
Composed.
Errantparabola
Composed.
Composed.

Post Post #1266 (ISO) » Sun Dec 06, 2015 7:03 pm

Post by Errantparabola »

Considering that this game is about bad poetry, I had a small, shitty contribution to the flavor of this game

Spoiler: spoilered for profanity i guess
Remaining in the town five members are housed
Their skills are so fresh that I'm fuckin' aroused
Ok, that was awkward. Without further ado
Errant here to represent the MYLO crew

First up we got motherfuckin' Ranger
Everyone in the mafia knows she's a danger
Nailing the scumteam by page 13
She's a cold-hearted scum-hunting machine

Next in the house: ika and pieguyn
Mercilessly lynching the scum without dyin'
Took the lead when the straits grew dire
Blockin', shit-talkin' and playing with fire

Speaking of fire, we got a Hermit present
They were a goddamn child that's innocent
They pushed their reads and they were ruthless
A killin' combination of a bear and Toothless

Taly's the same age but so much better
Took some town hate wearing a scarlet letter
Klingoncelt, the corresponding head,
Has skills that are the coolest thing since sliced bread

Last but not least we have duppin the VT
He made winning this game look fuckin' easy
Consider it lucky that he didn't get replaced
To lose those scumhunting skills would be a disgrace

Most importantly, the mod Quaroath
Making the game good for town and scum both
Doin' his best to find the damn replacements
That's it, I'm done, you know I fuckin' aced this
did another ms user do something lovely? recognize their achievements here!

Today's modern mafia consumer demands dozens, nay, hundreds of roles that are vanilla cops.
--implosion
provided
Firebringer
Firebringer
Trail Blazer
Firebringer
Trail Blazer
Trail Blazer

Post Post #1267 (ISO) » Sun Dec 06, 2015 7:19 pm

Post by Firebringer »

lol 10/10 would recommend.
Show

pieguyn
pieguyn
Survivor
pieguyn
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1268 (ISO) » Sun Dec 06, 2015 7:26 pm

Post by pieguyn »

^we have a contender for "could beat zmuffinman in a rap battle" right here. that is awesome.

town was a hair away from losing imo. if Brun had been lynched D2 (which was arguably the only good thing that game day I did) we would have been entirely fucked cos it would have been 3-3-1 going into D3 and ... yeah.
Quaroath
Quaroath
Mafia Scum
Quaroath
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1269 (ISO) » Sun Dec 06, 2015 10:41 pm

Post by Quaroath »

Night Actions:

N1:
Goodmorning investigates Varsoon - Not Guilty
Varsoon protects Goodmorning - Fails (Blocked)
Ika Musume Blocks Makara - (Success)

Greyfoxxx kills goodmorning - (success)
MaxwellPuckett roleblocks Varsoon (success)
ErrantParabola kills Vedith

N2:
Varsoon - No Action
Ika Masume blocks Maxwell Puckett

Maxwellpuckett blocks Ika Musume
Errant kills Varsoon

N3:
Ika blocks Errant

Mafia No Kills

N4:
Ika blocks Titus

Mafia No Kills
Quaroath
Quaroath
Mafia Scum
Quaroath
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1270 (ISO) » Sun Dec 06, 2015 10:42 pm

Post by Quaroath »

Mafia were wanting to kill Ika - but were worried about the doctor. Ironic that Varsoon didn't even submit an action. That turned the game.
pieguyn
pieguyn
Survivor
pieguyn
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1271 (ISO) » Sun Dec 06, 2015 10:50 pm

Post by pieguyn »

i cannot wait to hear why scum decided to no-kill on n3 when i had them both as scum anyway (and thus was almost certainly going to block one of them)

dead/mafia PTs?
Taly
Taly
he/him, she/her
Survivor
Taly
he/him, she/her
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: he/him, she/her

Post Post #1272 (ISO) » Mon Dec 07, 2015 1:33 am

Post by Taly »

Yay, town win.

Omg Klingon. <3 We went from being the top wagon in D1; being against most people in this game - to pushing the SKs wagon to death, and being on all scum wagons in the end....

Redemption. :)

Ranger:
Yeah, I know about the tunneling. XP A more open mind would be nice, but conviction is what made our pushes and beliefs convincing through a lot of it. :3 Looking at both you and Duppins play this game, I'm beginning to realize some tendencies of players aren't definitvely town or scum this game, because up until the first part of D3, I was sure of both of you being scum.

Duppin:
So sorry about our constnt 1v1ing, I know I probably gave you hell. *hug* You weren't a bad player though, not at all - I just connected your actions to be a bit sneaky and I wanted to push on that a bit. I guess you and I could both learn from how our interactions would actually be TvT despite the heavy scumreads.

Titus:
You were a trooper in the 11 posts you were actually alive. <3 Glad you came in her so we could finish, again sorry about the huge flake of you being flashlynched not knowing anything. Guess you have incentive to read? <3

Errant:
You played exceptionally well given your circumstances, I actually wouldn't scumread you if I wasn't convinced that going after Troy D3 was a good option. Good game, and I'm glad someone out there is my age. :)

Fire Hermit:
The "I'm going to get you banned" was mostly Klingon; she's got it rough lately, but I would say that she did get too intense on that part. However, here's my word personally to you both Fire and hermit

I busted my ass throughoiut this game trying to get answers, engage in conversation, and redirecting people to seeing my view. And this is mostly what I got from you both: (Mostly Hermit who ignored me)

"Lynch Brunneis now."
"Another mislynch that's not Brunneis..."
"You're scum. Go away."

Of course, we should have handled you guys a bit better - but this was nothing less than infuriating. I saw little else that you guys did here, and if you weren't conf-town from the beginning, I would have never found this to be a town behavior.

But in any case, water under the bridge? c:

Pieguyn:
Omg, you and I clicked in this game so thoroughly from different hydras.... You and I played a similar game and I recognized this in D2. Our reads became in sync by the end of D3 and we basically shared the same mutual thinking. I really enjoyed playing with you, because I probably wouldn't have had nearly as much influence in this game had you have not derailed my wagon D2. I'd love playing with you again. c:

~The Other Head Of Brunneis
"Taly is going to be a hot mess all game and I am entertained" ~ Gammagooey
"The human race is bad at reading Taly." ~the worst
"Taly I knew your slot was scum and I still struggled to find arguments to SR your play lol" ~Infinity 324
"Taly wins for the most fence-sitty reads in a game ever" ~Battle Mage
duppin
duppin
Mafia Scum
duppin
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1273 (ISO) » Mon Dec 07, 2015 2:02 am

Post by duppin »

Was a pretty fun game.

Taly, yeah I'm sorry for being an ass as well.
Taly
Taly
he/him, she/her
Survivor
Taly
he/him, she/her
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: he/him, she/her

Post Post #1274 (ISO) » Mon Dec 07, 2015 2:06 am

Post by Taly »

*end game snuggles duppin* c:

also Errant - A+ on the poem. :)
"Taly is going to be a hot mess all game and I am entertained" ~ Gammagooey
"The human race is bad at reading Taly." ~the worst
"Taly I knew your slot was scum and I still struggled to find arguments to SR your play lol" ~Infinity 324
"Taly wins for the most fence-sitty reads in a game ever" ~Battle Mage

Return to “Completed Open Games”