2015 NFL 3 Strikes Challenge - Poker wins!

For completed/abandoned Mish Mash Games.
PokerFace
PokerFace
Too Useful
PokerFace
Too Useful
Too Useful

Post Post #7 (isolation #0) » Sat Sep 05, 2015 9:11 am

Post by PokerFace »

/in

Miami
When I joined this site, I was a software tester for mobile business applications and the song PokerFace was not yet written by Lady Gaga
Now I test lottery and gambling software as my job. It's funny how my life has turned out. Somewhere a Time Traveler is laughing madly
PokerFace
PokerFace
Too Useful
PokerFace
Too Useful
Too Useful

Post Post #33 (isolation #1) » Wed Sep 16, 2015 2:48 am

Post by PokerFace »

New Orleans
When I joined this site, I was a software tester for mobile business applications and the song PokerFace was not yet written by Lady Gaga
Now I test lottery and gambling software as my job. It's funny how my life has turned out. Somewhere a Time Traveler is laughing madly
PokerFace
PokerFace
Too Useful
PokerFace
Too Useful
Too Useful

Post Post #51 (isolation #2) » Mon Sep 21, 2015 7:51 am

Post by PokerFace »

Week 2 was awful. Everyone at my workplace except one guy that is betting on colts tonight, game got knocked out. A game of 20 people could be over by week 2.

I will take...

New England

week 3
PokerFace
PokerFace
Too Useful
PokerFace
Too Useful
Too Useful

Post Post #52 (isolation #3) » Mon Sep 21, 2015 7:54 am

Post by PokerFace »

In post 48, Salamence20 wrote:
In post 47, Wraith wrote:Wow, fuck you New Orleans.

Remember when NO was unstoppable at home?

Pepperidge Farms remembers

Lots of writers on nfl.com had them going to playoffs in their beginning of year predictions. I didn't think they would make playoffs but I also didn't think they would loose to tampa
PokerFace
PokerFace
Too Useful
PokerFace
Too Useful
Too Useful

Post Post #53 (isolation #4) » Mon Sep 21, 2015 9:44 am

Post by PokerFace »

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap300000 ... miss-games

Saints outlook this year is not good now
PokerFace
PokerFace
Too Useful
PokerFace
Too Useful
Too Useful

Post Post #60 (isolation #5) » Tue Sep 22, 2015 8:07 am

Post by PokerFace »

In post 51, PokerFace wrote:Week 2 was awful. Everyone at my workplace except one guy that is betting on colts tonight, got knocked out. A game of 20 people could be over by week 2.

With the colts lost my entire work league should be out but as there is no winner, everyone is back in. Never seen that happen before. I wish I had picked cardinals during week 2
PokerFace
PokerFace
Too Useful
PokerFace
Too Useful
Too Useful

Post Post #77 (isolation #6) » Tue Sep 29, 2015 2:26 am

Post by PokerFace »

Colts
for week 4

I switched to
packers
in later post
Last edited by PokerFace on Sun Oct 04, 2015 4:28 am, edited 1 time in total.
PokerFace
PokerFace
Too Useful
PokerFace
Too Useful
Too Useful

Post Post #91 (isolation #7) » Sun Oct 04, 2015 4:25 am

Post by PokerFace »

Yay I'm switching to the
Packers
PokerFace
PokerFace
Too Useful
PokerFace
Too Useful
Too Useful

Post Post #97 (isolation #8) » Mon Oct 05, 2015 1:48 am

Post by PokerFace »

pablito wrote:
In post 94, Wraith wrote:Man this is doubly bullshit because Cutler starting wasn't announced until like an hour before the game. Fuck this shit.

Honestly, Cutler shouldn't make the difference in any game - says the Bears fan.

I'll agree he should not make the difference but I also don't think he is as bad as people say he is. I think he is still top 20 QB (Below average but better than what my teams got)

Last year I had the option of taking foles or cutler as my fantasy qb in the draft. Had I taken cutler i would have won a lot more games and made playoffs.

The division I was in was fairly weak though so really that's why i would have made the playoffs. Any other division I would not have made it with cutler.

So cutler can be the difference in a battle of weak teams

NFC north is not a division of weak teams. If bears were in a division with three of NO, TB, TEN, JAC, OAK, CLE then i think bears would look alot better

I don't think cutler is the bear's biggest problem I think its something with their defence not being able to stop good teams. When they had a good defence they made it to a superbowl with Rex Grosman. I'd take Cutler over Rex
PokerFace
PokerFace
Too Useful
PokerFace
Too Useful
Too Useful

Post Post #98 (isolation #9) » Mon Oct 05, 2015 2:32 am

Post by PokerFace »

I am just gonna put this here
http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap300000 ... r-to-jesus
and state I would not make that comparison, but I would also not throw a stone as my qb is worse

Let he who has a better qb, cast the first stone...
PokerFace
PokerFace
Too Useful
PokerFace
Too Useful
Too Useful

Post Post #100 (isolation #10) » Mon Oct 05, 2015 3:03 am

Post by PokerFace »

Brees > Cutler yes

Dalton > Cutler is debatable. Dalton has better weapons and a better team but I wonder who would win if they were on the same team and there was a qb competition
PokerFace
PokerFace
Too Useful
PokerFace
Too Useful
Too Useful

Post Post #112 (isolation #11) » Tue Oct 06, 2015 1:26 am

Post by PokerFace »

Atlanta
for week 5
PokerFace
PokerFace
Too Useful
PokerFace
Too Useful
Too Useful

Post Post #113 (isolation #12) » Tue Oct 06, 2015 3:21 am

Post by PokerFace »

In post 100, PokerFace wrote:Brees > Cutler yes

Dalton > Cutler is debatable. Dalton has better weapons and a better team but I wonder who would win if they were on the same team and there was a qb competition

As a browns fan i feel i can criticise Dalton given the wins he has gift wrapped us

However here is how i feel about the debate. If I want a good decision maker and my team can win now. Cutler

If I want a strong arm, youth, and a contract that does not bust my wallet as much. I take Dalton

Cutler is at a point in his career where he is spiraling down. Dalton really has nowhere to go but up

Bears would be a better team with Dalton as they are rebuilding. Bengals would be a better team with Cutler
PokerFace
PokerFace
Too Useful
PokerFace
Too Useful
Too Useful

Post Post #121 (isolation #13) » Fri Oct 09, 2015 3:59 am

Post by PokerFace »

Hoyer makes better decisions
Mallet has the better arm

The texans are not playoff ready now. As the team is obviously in a building phase they should go with the arm and the one they can develop in mallet so that he is ready when they are playoff ready

McCown makes better decisions
Manziel has the better arm

The browns are not playoff ready now. As the team is obviously in a building phase they should go with the arm and the one they can develop in manziel so that he is ready when they are playoff ready

McCown is doing very well but we don't need him to do well as we won't win. We need Johnny to get good and he is not doing that on the bench. Same can be looked at from the houston perspective if you just change the names

Hopefully when both those teams are out of playoff contention (Which really should not take long) Their coaches will realize its time to see what you caught in the young kids
PokerFace
PokerFace
Too Useful
PokerFace
Too Useful
Too Useful

Post Post #126 (isolation #14) » Sun Oct 11, 2015 12:46 pm

Post by PokerFace »

Yay Atlanta forced OT and got a win there. Was dramatic
PokerFace
PokerFace
Too Useful
PokerFace
Too Useful
Too Useful

Post Post #135 (isolation #15) » Mon Oct 12, 2015 1:07 pm

Post by PokerFace »

In post 131, Haschel Cedricson wrote:
In post 129, BS2000 wrote:Poop on a stick. Congrats haschel.

Make the Google excel thing public edit pls

What do you mean? When I stopped watching at the end of the 3rd it looked like we were on track to go another we...

*checks score*

:eek:

A Chicago comeback, three overtime games, and Eli Manning's Patented 4th Quarter Bullshit Magic, it was quite the interesting day yesterday.

If I'm understanding the rules correctly, though, I haven't won yet. And I've used up a lot of good teams.

This game has always had 2 winers

The player that goes longest without a strike is one winner. That's you Haschel

And the person(s) with least strikes of those that last to the end
Last edited by PokerFace on Tue Oct 13, 2015 1:58 am, edited 1 time in total.
PokerFace
PokerFace
Too Useful
PokerFace
Too Useful
Too Useful

Post Post #136 (isolation #16) » Mon Oct 12, 2015 1:09 pm

Post by PokerFace »

I was going to go detroit but with how chicago played and how detroit played I can't take that bet

Really, really wish I had not used GB already

I'll go with
NYJ
. They are coming off a bye and should be ready to face the redskins at home

Also I think Revis and Cromartie are going to ruin Cousins day big time! Welcome to New York, Kirk where you've throw many interceptions before!
PokerFace
PokerFace
Too Useful
PokerFace
Too Useful
Too Useful

Post Post #149 (isolation #17) » Mon Oct 19, 2015 1:28 am

Post by PokerFace »

ARIZONA
PokerFace
PokerFace
Too Useful
PokerFace
Too Useful
Too Useful

Post Post #155 (isolation #18) » Thu Oct 22, 2015 9:01 am

Post by PokerFace »

PokerFace
PokerFace
Too Useful
PokerFace
Too Useful
Too Useful

Post Post #158 (isolation #19) » Sat Oct 24, 2015 2:36 pm

Post by PokerFace »

I think buffalo will win, but this game really screams trap to me so I would not feel comfortable betting on it.
PokerFace
PokerFace
Too Useful
PokerFace
Too Useful
Too Useful

Post Post #161 (isolation #20) » Sun Oct 25, 2015 3:40 am

Post by PokerFace »

In post 402, Salamence20 wrote:

But Shady and Manuel will still win so

In post 403, PokerFace wrote:I think that is true, but still I feel this game has trap written all over it. It will be closer then people think

Holy Hell! Manuel just gave up the ball 3 times early in the 2nd. In like 5 minutes Jags get 3 tds!

It's a trap!
PokerFace
PokerFace
Too Useful
PokerFace
Too Useful
Too Useful

Post Post #162 (isolation #21) » Sun Oct 25, 2015 5:40 am

Post by PokerFace »

Wow, I need to fix my face. The game is not over yet. Bills brought it back. Its 31-27 bills up now. Game is getting streamed on NFL.com and yahoo. Its a very entertaining game. I wish I was in London right now. And I'm not really a fan of either team
PokerFace
PokerFace
Too Useful
PokerFace
Too Useful
Too Useful

Post Post #163 (isolation #22) » Sun Oct 25, 2015 5:47 am

Post by PokerFace »

Jags just got a TD jags up 34-31. Game so epic!
PokerFace
PokerFace
Too Useful
PokerFace
Too Useful
Too Useful

Post Post #165 (isolation #23) » Tue Oct 27, 2015 2:09 am

Post by PokerFace »

Its a brand new week. Dez may be back and he may not be. Either way Matt Cassel can't win it for them

SEATLE
Last edited by PokerFace on Tue Oct 27, 2015 6:00 am, edited 1 time in total.
PokerFace
PokerFace
Too Useful
PokerFace
Too Useful
Too Useful

Post Post #180 (isolation #24) » Mon Nov 02, 2015 2:53 pm

Post by PokerFace »

JDGA wrote:I am becoming increasingly concerned over my continued existence.
Houston

Uhm I believe Houston is on bye week 9 bro
PokerFace
PokerFace
Too Useful
PokerFace
Too Useful
Too Useful

Post Post #181 (isolation #25) » Mon Nov 02, 2015 2:54 pm

Post by PokerFace »

Taking a risk

San Diego
over Chicago in week 9

I change this pick later
Last edited by PokerFace on Tue Nov 03, 2015 10:23 am, edited 1 time in total.
PokerFace
PokerFace
Too Useful
PokerFace
Too Useful
Too Useful

Post Post #183 (isolation #26) » Mon Nov 02, 2015 3:10 pm

Post by PokerFace »

Well teams have byes but we don't

Chicago should be dealing with worse injuries than SD me thinks so SD should win
PokerFace
PokerFace
Too Useful
PokerFace
Too Useful
Too Useful

Post Post #186 (isolation #27) » Tue Nov 03, 2015 10:23 am

Post by PokerFace »

PokerFace wrote:Taking a risk

San Diego
over Chicago in week 9

Seems SD is dealing with even more injury issues so I'm going to break one of my rules and bet against cleveland

Bengals
PokerFace
PokerFace
Too Useful
PokerFace
Too Useful
Too Useful

Post Post #193 (isolation #28) » Mon Nov 09, 2015 3:23 am

Post by PokerFace »

I make this pick assuming Bridgewater will miss sometime this week. If I hear he is playing I will likly change my pick

Raiders

I was going to pick steelers but with a healthy mcown and an unhealthy Ben we have a chance. Small one
Last edited by PokerFace on Mon Nov 09, 2015 3:46 am, edited 1 time in total.
PokerFace
PokerFace
Too Useful
PokerFace
Too Useful
Too Useful

Post Post #194 (isolation #29) » Mon Nov 09, 2015 3:46 am

Post by PokerFace »

You know what, I don't feel right kicking a man while he's down. I'll take the panthers too

Carolina

Get well teddy.

Also I don't feel like betting against Petersen since minnesota has a better record than oakland and Murray may be out for radiers
PokerFace
PokerFace
Too Useful
PokerFace
Too Useful
Too Useful

Post Post #196 (isolation #30) » Mon Nov 09, 2015 6:05 am

Post by PokerFace »

That's good to hear.
PokerFace
PokerFace
Too Useful
PokerFace
Too Useful
Too Useful

Post Post #199 (isolation #31) » Wed Nov 11, 2015 10:50 pm

Post by PokerFace »

me too
PokerFace
PokerFace
Too Useful
PokerFace
Too Useful
Too Useful

Post Post #203 (isolation #32) » Mon Nov 16, 2015 7:37 am

Post by PokerFace »

Jaguars
for week 11
PokerFace
PokerFace
Too Useful
PokerFace
Too Useful
Too Useful

Post Post #205 (isolation #33) » Tue Nov 17, 2015 5:58 am

Post by PokerFace »

Andy Dalton playing on a thursday on cbs and nfl network nationwide televised vs browns in 2014 (bengals loose)
Andy Dalton playing on a thursday only on nfl network vs browns in 2015 (bengals win)
Andy Dalton playing on a monday nationwide televised (bengals loose)
I detect a trend. Cardinals will likly beat them next week

Haschel's streak ended at 9 games which is more than 1/2 a season

I believe I am at 8 games, one more win I tie his streak
PokerFace
PokerFace
Too Useful
PokerFace
Too Useful
Too Useful

Post Post #206 (isolation #34) » Tue Nov 17, 2015 7:29 am

Post by PokerFace »

PokerFace wrote:
Jaguars
for week 11

Switching to
EAGLES
PokerFace
PokerFace
Too Useful
PokerFace
Too Useful
Too Useful

Post Post #208 (isolation #35) » Tue Nov 17, 2015 3:55 pm

Post by PokerFace »

Andy: Hi I'm Andy Dalton and I have direct TV

Andy: And I'm "Can't Win in Primetime" Andy Dalton and I have cable

Andy: With Direct TV I can watch the game from multiple angles so I can be sure I'm playing ok

Andy: With Cable I can only watch the game from one angle so I can't tell if my hair looks straight

Andy: With Direct TV I can play back footage from old games so I can learn how to outwit my opponents

Andy: With cable I can't replay and re-watch old games, so I end up making the same mistakes over and over again

Andy: Don't be like this me. Get Direct TV!
PokerFace
PokerFace
Too Useful
PokerFace
Too Useful
Too Useful

Post Post #209 (isolation #36) » Sun Nov 22, 2015 10:10 am

Post by PokerFace »

Should have stuck with the jaguars. Can't win unless wraith and Haschel strike out now
PokerFace
PokerFace
Too Useful
PokerFace
Too Useful
Too Useful

Post Post #212 (isolation #37) » Mon Nov 23, 2015 3:02 am

Post by PokerFace »

Indianapolis Colts
PokerFace
PokerFace
Too Useful
PokerFace
Too Useful
Too Useful

Post Post #216 (isolation #38) » Fri Nov 27, 2015 6:27 am

Post by PokerFace »

Don't feel bad. If I still had GB available I'd have taken GB this week too

I'm currently debating on changing to Jacksonville or Oakland myself
PokerFace
PokerFace
Too Useful
PokerFace
Too Useful
Too Useful

Post Post #218 (isolation #39) » Sat Nov 28, 2015 2:05 am

Post by PokerFace »

TB has been on fire so yes i will switch to

Oakland
PokerFace
PokerFace
Too Useful
PokerFace
Too Useful
Too Useful

Post Post #219 (isolation #40) » Sun Nov 29, 2015 10:24 am

Post by PokerFace »

My fantasy team may not make playoffs but at least I won something this year

I think this is first time we had only 1 player left before season end

GG Wraith and Hashel. Congrats Haschel for having the longest streak and last one to get first strike
PokerFace
PokerFace
Too Useful
PokerFace
Too Useful
Too Useful

Post Post #221 (isolation #41) » Sun Nov 29, 2015 10:33 am

Post by PokerFace »

yay I was cringing when oakland went behind for a bit there

Had all 3 of us gone down this week what would have happened Pablito?

a. We tie
b. Haschel wins because of his 9 game streak
c. The 3 of us respawn next week to continue the game until there is a true winner
PokerFace
PokerFace
Too Useful
PokerFace
Too Useful
Too Useful

Post Post #223 (isolation #42) » Sun Nov 29, 2015 12:12 pm

Post by PokerFace »

The only tie breaker rules were:
The last remaining person wins. If more than one person is left standing after Week 17, the following tiebreaker is used:

1. The person who has the least amount of Strikes
2. The person who has the longest streak of correct picks
3. The person whose Winning Picks have the largest aggregate total score difference over the course of the season.

but that's for if more than on person survives. If no one survived I was wondering if the same rules would take effect or not. If the same rules took effect then Haschel would win with longest streak. If the same rules didn't happen then it would be A or C pending what you wanted to do pablito
PokerFace
PokerFace
Too Useful
PokerFace
Too Useful
Too Useful

Post Post #224 (isolation #43) » Sun Nov 29, 2015 12:17 pm

Post by PokerFace »

I spoke with my sister in law earlier today. What they have at their work place is a Biggest Looser contest. Instead of picking one team to win each week, you pick one team to loose each week and can't use same team twice. This takes away the always bet against X because X sucks strategy. Though considering how well some teams played, you could have always picked whoever patriots and panthers were playing. So Biggest Looser is a game we can try next year if you guys are interested. Or we could go with the confidence thing or just keep things the same. Its pretty fun as is
PokerFace
PokerFace
Too Useful
PokerFace
Too Useful
Too Useful

Post Post #225 (isolation #44) » Tue Dec 01, 2015 6:02 am

Post by PokerFace »

I want to see how far I go before I strike out

Redskins
PokerFace
PokerFace
Too Useful
PokerFace
Too Useful
Too Useful

Post Post #227 (isolation #45) » Mon Dec 07, 2015 9:40 pm

Post by PokerFace »

well that didn't last...

Return to “Sens-O-Tape Archive”