OceanWind
OceanWind
Mafia Scum
OceanWind
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #6996 (isolation #0) » Fri Jan 15, 2016 10:28 am

Post by OceanWind »

Read some of this game for unrelated reasons but I'm a bit confused about the ending. As far as I can tell, Notscience voted Kamigami out of hydra. That's his mistake. Shouldn't it really fall under "vote tricks aren't allowed" and basically be ruled in a way that disadvantages his faction? Why was he even allowed to post out of his hydra account without giving notice to the mod?

I may have missed something and if so, I'd like to hear what went on there.
OceanWind
OceanWind
Mafia Scum
OceanWind
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #7001 (isolation #1) » Mon Jan 18, 2016 11:59 am

Post by OceanWind »

In post 6999, Sakura Hana wrote:IMO, if the vote had happened and AJ's vote had happened without any vote counts in between it would have been a vote trick, but the mod had posted vote counts in which the vote hadn't been counted, so it was AJ's bad for missing that. Once the mod has already not counted the vote, there was no way she could've just counted it at the end.

Aj shouldn't
have
to keep track of that though. That's the mod's responsibility, not that of a scum player. Notscience even being allowed to post out of hydra in a cavalier fashion without immediate repurcussions was a mistake.
OceanWind
OceanWind
Mafia Scum
OceanWind
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #7003 (isolation #2) » Mon Jan 18, 2016 12:04 pm

Post by OceanWind »

I'm aware. Not really the point I was trying to get across though.
OceanWind
OceanWind
Mafia Scum
OceanWind
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #7005 (isolation #3) » Mon Jan 18, 2016 2:28 pm

Post by OceanWind »

Yeah, I saw that. What I'm saying is that notscience made around fifty posts out of hydra. There was never a clear indication from the mod as to whether he was replacing his hydra with his main account or what was going on there. The mod never stepped in to delete the posts, ask him to repost from his hydra account, or really take any sort of stand on whether this was allowed. For all intents and purposes, notscience was playing solo. It was a confusing gamestate to be in and despite the votecount showing the vote not counting, the mod not taking any action against notscience could be interpreted as notscience playing under his solo account.

With that in mind, I felt it was too much of an ask to expect the scum player to double check votecounts when he wasn't at fault for gamestate being confusing. It should have been something notscience and the mod should have cleared up. That's why in my opinion, the fairer decision would have been to award mafia the win.
OceanWind
OceanWind
Mafia Scum
OceanWind
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #7006 (isolation #4) » Mon Jan 18, 2016 2:34 pm

Post by OceanWind »

In other words, my issue is a) why was notscience posting from his main account without any sort of notice allowed to happen, and b) why confusion that stemmed from this mistake was resolved in a way that penalized the team that wasn't at fault.

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”