Heyo East Coast people

This forum is for discussion about anything else.
Egg
Egg
Jack of All Trades
Egg
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #4 (isolation #0) » Sat Jan 23, 2016 3:18 pm

Post by Egg »

In post 1, Majiffy wrote:Buffalo is unaffected.

If it had affected us, I imagine it would just be typical Buffalo winter.

That's pretty much my thoughts a few hours East. My brother in law is in Tennessee, but from here and he's laughing at the people freaking out. Sent us a picture and you couldn't tell it had snowed. Got a friend in Brooklyn who lived here for a few years who says he "risked his life" walking to work and posted a video on facebook. I told him it didn't look too bad and he says it's because I'm from crazy upstate. The weather channel showed a video in DC and I didn't think it was bad until I saw the way idiots were driving. Also heard a story that someone died plowing snow (obviously that's tragic, may he RIP, prayers for family) and I have no idea how that even happens. There was one crazy picture from Baltimore though showing how high the snow was when someone opened their front door (and to be fair that should have been shoveled multiple times by then and it's clear that it wasn't).

So basically, the fact that people aren't used to snow there is a bigger deal than the snow itself.
Egg
Egg
Jack of All Trades
Egg
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #22 (isolation #1) » Tue Jan 26, 2016 6:53 am

Post by Egg »

In post 19, Majiffy wrote:As an upstater I don't get the hubbub about hurricanes below cat 4. It's just wind and rain.

There was a lot of damage from Sandy up here, though. Whole towns with waterlines up past the first floor. Surreal shit.

Really? Sandy barely hit us and I'm closer to the coast than you are. Although we got some insane flooding from other storms 2-3 years ago. Flooding is definitely the worst part of hurricanes in NY.
Egg
Egg
Jack of All Trades
Egg
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #24 (isolation #2) » Tue Jan 26, 2016 10:45 am

Post by Egg »

Irene and Lee. Those were the ones I was thinking of.
Egg
Egg
Jack of All Trades
Egg
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #27 (isolation #3) » Tue Jan 26, 2016 5:00 pm

Post by Egg »

In post 25, Majiffy wrote:
In post 22, Egg wrote:
In post 19, Majiffy wrote:As an upstater I don't get the hubbub about hurricanes below cat 4. It's just wind and rain.

There was a lot of damage from Sandy up here, though. Whole towns with waterlines up past the first floor. Surreal shit.

Really? Sandy barely hit us and I'm closer to the coast than you are. Although we got some insane flooding from other storms 2-3 years ago. Flooding is definitely the worst part of hurricanes in NY.

Well I was out in Oneonta during Sandy. It's up in elevation, but all the towns around us that were in the lowlands were
f.u.c.k.e.d.

Ah. That's pretty close to me but not close enough for me to know exactly what happened there. My wife's best friend lives in Oneonta off and on. Nice little town (technically city but look at it lmao).
Egg
Egg
Jack of All Trades
Egg
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #30 (isolation #4) » Tue Feb 16, 2016 1:29 am

Post by Egg »

My car won't thaw. Got about 3 inches of ice on it. Was hoping to sleep between shifts. Just got out of work and have to be back in about 7 hours.

Return to “General Discussion”