Borderlands Mafia [FULL]

For archiving signup threads after their corresponding games are complete.
Skullduggery
Skullduggery
Mafia Scum
Skullduggery
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Borderlands Mafia [FULL]

Post Post #0 (isolation #0) » Wed Jan 27, 2016 5:57 pm

Post by Skullduggery »

Legends tell of a magnificent Vault created by the long-extinct Eridians and hidden away on the lawless planet of Pandora. For many, the Vault is merely a fanciful story spoken in the bemused tones of a parent reciting a fairy tale to their children. But for those of us who have actually been to Pandora -- ah, we know better, don't we? The Vault is real, my friend. The Vault is very real indeed.

You may be wondering to yourself -- what manner of treasure awaits us inside this mystical Vault? Could it be riches beyond your wildest imaginations? Maybe it's filled with advanced alien technology that could change our pitiful civilization forevermore. Perhaps it's brimming with information, knowledge, and answers to all the questions that we were never smart enough to ask before.

What is REALLY inside the Vault? Nobody knows for sure. But then again, that's all part of the allure, isn't it? Those who gamble with their lives and travel to the untamed world of Pandora in search of this most elusive prize call themselves Vault Hunters. This is not just their story; this is the story of all of us who have ever been crazy enough to chase a far-fetched dream even though the rest of the galaxy said we were foolish to do so. This is the story of the Borderlands.

Welcome to Borderlands Mafia! Thank you for your interest in this game.

Game Details:

• Setup reviewed and approved by Xtoxm and Cheetory6. Backup modded by Cheetory6.
  • Day phases will last for 14 days apiece and Night phases will last for 2 days apiece.
  • Players will be prodded after 72 hours of inactivity. You get three prods throughout the course of the game.
  • No hydras, please. Alts are fine, but please tell me your main account privately. It's okay, I'll keep it a secret.
  • Prospective players should have at least two completed games of on-site experience. (This may be waived on a case-by-case basis.)
  • If there is someone on the player list that you do not want to play with, please let me know via PM. If I receive enough complaints about a particular player, they will be denied entry into the game.

Player List:

01 Varsoon
02 Rob13
03 Starbuck
04 Aafter
05 beeboy
06 YT2980
07 I_Am_Not_Varsoon
08 T S O
09 PeregrineV
10 Dwlee99
11 Suzune
12 BRantz
13 CooLDoG
14 Flubbernugget
15 Venmar
16 grapes
17 I_Am_Not_I_Am_Not_Varsoon
18 Almost50
19 Titus
20 Nero Cain
21 Elyse
22 popsofctown
23 pisskop
24 SirCakez

Replacements:

01 Errantparabola

02 Nicole Mimi Tithel

03 Maxous

04 RadiantCowbells

05 Expedience
06 Starbuck

Last edited by Skullduggery on Tue Feb 23, 2016 3:46 pm, edited 27 times in total.
Skullduggery
Skullduggery
Mafia Scum
Skullduggery
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #7 (isolation #1) » Thu Jan 28, 2016 2:38 pm

Post by Skullduggery »

In post 4, YT2980 wrote:/in

In post 5, YT2980 wrote:/out, however, if not having the prerequisite, although in appearance somewhat lenient, 2-game on-site experience is an issue. I have some experience elsewhere if that amounts to anything. Also, the flavor is intriguing.

After some private discussion with YT2980, this /in is accepted.
Skullduggery
Skullduggery
Mafia Scum
Skullduggery
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #16 (isolation #2) » Sat Jan 30, 2016 2:27 pm

Post by Skullduggery »

Halfway there. Tell your friends! Spread the word!
Skullduggery
Skullduggery
Mafia Scum
Skullduggery
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #25 (isolation #3) » Mon Feb 01, 2016 12:35 pm

Post by Skullduggery »

In post 24, LucianRoy wrote:But I just wanted to let you know, if it affects the in, I'll be on V/LA for the 12th to the 21st.

As long as you can make an honest effort to try to post during that time, it shouldn't be a problem.
Skullduggery
Skullduggery
Mafia Scum
Skullduggery
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #30 (isolation #4) » Mon Feb 01, 2016 1:49 pm

Post by Skullduggery »

Sure, if you know someone who can cover for you during that week and a half when you'll be gone, that's fine with me.
Skullduggery
Skullduggery
Mafia Scum
Skullduggery
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #36 (isolation #5) » Wed Feb 03, 2016 12:34 pm

Post by Skullduggery »

Almost there! Are you excited? I'm excited. Let's see if we can get this game rolling by the weekend.

In post 34, Venmar wrote:Disclaimer: Just as a heads up, if the game is still running by February 18th, I will be V/LA from February 18th to February 21st due to a trip to Vegas. I likely won't post much in that timeframe.

Noted.
Skullduggery
Skullduggery
Mafia Scum
Skullduggery
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #52 (isolation #6) » Thu Feb 04, 2016 12:55 pm

Post by Skullduggery »

In post 44, T S O wrote:Not not Varsoon means that he is Varsoon. Demanding alt checks.

I_Am_Not_I_Am_Not_Varsoon has confirmed their identity to me privately, so we're good.

Also, uh, just as a public service announcement to everyone: With so many different Varsoons running around, please be extra specific when voting. I can already see myself recording a vote for Varsoon just to have someone say, "No, no, I meant to vote for the
other
Varsoon."

In post 45, Almost50 wrote:P.S. No idea about the theme though.

Not a problem. Flavor knowledge is helpful, but not necessary. If you want a quick overview, try poking around the Borderlands Wiki.
Skullduggery
Skullduggery
Mafia Scum
Skullduggery
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #54 (isolation #7) » Thu Feb 04, 2016 1:06 pm

Post by Skullduggery »

You're free to request whatever you want. Whether I actually
grant
that request will depend on how outrageous the request is and how many Reese's Pieces you try to bribe me with.
Skullduggery
Skullduggery
Mafia Scum
Skullduggery
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #56 (isolation #8) » Thu Feb 04, 2016 1:37 pm

Post by Skullduggery »

Quick update: ika and SilverWolf are being removed from the player list. They are being replaced by Titus and Nero Cain.

In an effort to avoid cluttering the signup thread, please direct all questions and concerns about this change to my inbox. Thanks in advance for your cooperation.

In post 55, 3dicerolling wrote:I really want to play skull, but I've been hammered with school :(

Pshaw. You mean you're more concerned with responsibly continuing your education to ensure a better future for yourself and your loved ones than playing a stupid online forum game?
Somebody
needs to get their priorities straight.
Skullduggery
Skullduggery
Mafia Scum
Skullduggery
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #73 (isolation #9) » Thu Feb 04, 2016 3:54 pm

Post by Skullduggery »

In post 56, Skullduggery wrote:In an effort to avoid cluttering the signup thread, please direct all questions and concerns about this change to my inbox. Thanks in advance for your cooperation.
Skullduggery
Skullduggery
Mafia Scum
Skullduggery
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #100 (isolation #10) » Fri Feb 05, 2016 12:24 pm

Post by Skullduggery »

Two more.

Boy oh boy.
Skullduggery
Skullduggery
Mafia Scum
Skullduggery
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #105 (isolation #11) » Sat Feb 06, 2016 4:43 pm

Post by Skullduggery »

Radical. Thanks so much for signing up, everybody! I apologize for the delay and for the drama from earlier. Again, if you have any questions or concerns about anything, please send me a PM so we can talk things over privately.

I'll create the game thread and distribute role PMs tomorrow afternoon. Get hyped!

Return to “Completed Signups”