Blitz Queue Trial (Closed)

This forum is for discussion related to the game.
BROseidon
BROseidon
Expert Marxman
BROseidon
Expert Marxman
Expert Marxman

Post Post #245 (isolation #0) » Mon Feb 08, 2016 10:11 am

Post by BROseidon »

In post 243, Ranger wrote:
Ankamius wrote: When the pace of the game is insanely fast, it becomes that much harder to get town to come together since everyone's timeline of the game is distorted to different lengths.
And yet, of the 21 completed blitzes (I'm excluding Lawless, which was cancelled), 12 have been town wins: just about half, what would be expected. And even in the losses, at least four of them were close games where any faction had a chance of winning. (Though I also know at least two or three of the town losses were in setups that were explicitly scum-sided.)

It's definitely manageable. I quite like the Blitz format. It's actually going to feel painful now that there aren't any new blitzes for me to start playing with that much longer deadline. People have this silly habit of dragging games on to their two-week deadlines when you generally need less than half that for a productive day.

The flip side is that the shorter deadlines make it harder for scum to stall out of bad positions if they get caught out early.

Return to “Mafia Discussion”