2016 US Presidential Election Thread

This forum is for discussion about anything else.
T S O
T S O
Survivor
T S O
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #160 (isolation #0) » Wed Jul 15, 2015 12:33 pm

Post by T S O »

I agree, women are better than men at everything unless you tell them they're not. Then they believe it and they're not.
"i have the sickest grossest feeling that even if it's my lynch today, my townflip still won't lead to a tso lynch, and then he'll find some bullshit way to reason either shooting or lynching gm tomorrow because if there's anyone who can strongarm a mislynch despite his reads or cases being proved wrong time and again it's tso"
-Marquis
T S O
T S O
Survivor
T S O
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #162 (isolation #1) » Thu Jul 16, 2015 6:08 am

Post by T S O »

victory?
"i have the sickest grossest feeling that even if it's my lynch today, my townflip still won't lead to a tso lynch, and then he'll find some bullshit way to reason either shooting or lynching gm tomorrow because if there's anyone who can strongarm a mislynch despite his reads or cases being proved wrong time and again it's tso"
-Marquis
T S O
T S O
Survivor
T S O
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #171 (isolation #2) » Sat Aug 08, 2015 5:11 am

Post by T S O »

When someone is leading the field by double figures it's usually a sign you should take them seriously.
-Marquis
T S O
T S O
Survivor
T S O
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #176 (isolation #3) » Sat Aug 08, 2015 10:54 am

Post by T S O »

I'll make both bets!
-Marquis
T S O
T S O
Survivor
T S O
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #178 (isolation #4) » Sat Aug 08, 2015 11:06 am

Post by T S O »

Fair!
-Marquis
T S O
T S O
Survivor
T S O
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #179 (isolation #5) » Sat Aug 08, 2015 11:06 am

Post by T S O »

Now I'm suddenly doubting my faith in Donald.
-Marquis
T S O
T S O
Survivor
T S O
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #196 (isolation #6) » Sat Aug 08, 2015 12:39 pm

Post by T S O »

Clinton/Jeb!
-Marquis
T S O
T S O
Survivor
T S O
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #198 (isolation #7) » Sat Aug 08, 2015 12:46 pm

Post by T S O »

Well, she might have been conflicted before, because her position is kinda straddling both the left and the centre - she's to the right of left, but to the left of centre. But with Trump pushing the Conservative debate to the right, the centre is more open to her, so she'll probably go for a hard-lefter, just to get that side of the spectrum out to vote at all.
-Marquis
T S O
T S O
Survivor
T S O
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #201 (isolation #8) » Sat Aug 08, 2015 2:54 pm

Post by T S O »

Supporter though I am of protection of Christian beliefs, it would make me feel vaguely unwell if someone like Cruz, who believes in creation, got into the White House. He seems like a great guy, but I don't think I could back that.
-Marquis
T S O
T S O
Survivor
T S O
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #204 (isolation #9) » Sun Aug 09, 2015 5:40 am

Post by T S O »

sorry guys I hate Christians and their beliefs down with that sort of thing
-Marquis
T S O
T S O
Survivor
T S O
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #244 (isolation #10) » Wed Aug 12, 2015 7:11 am

Post by T S O »

I think the whole server issue has really hurt her credibility/trustworthiness in the general public's eyes.
-Marquis
T S O
T S O
Survivor
T S O
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #272 (isolation #11) » Tue Aug 18, 2015 3:58 am

Post by T S O »

I would have to admit, I really don't feel there is a war on women.
-Marquis
T S O
T S O
Survivor
T S O
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #313 (isolation #12) » Thu Aug 20, 2015 12:42 am

Post by T S O »

In post 311, Varian- wrote:Ohh, that's easy. You see, only certain *kinds* of people are worthy of being helped. Because people who need things like welfare are overwhelmingly minorities and therefore deserve every terrible thing that happens to them. But if I need it, I am just a hardworking citizen down on my luck. I'm not like those *other* people, they're just lazy. Did you know there is so much fraud that goes on in the welfare system? Rabble rabble rabble, bootstraps, rabble rabble drug tests, rabble rabble BIG GOVERNMENT.

...?
-Marquis
T S O
T S O
Survivor
T S O
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #325 (isolation #13) » Thu Aug 20, 2015 9:39 am

Post by T S O »

maybe if I post my hyper-liberal views in an attempt at a snide remark people will think I am smart and educated
-Marquis
T S O
T S O
Survivor
T S O
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #353 (isolation #14) » Sat Aug 22, 2015 2:21 pm

Post by T S O »

Reading this article about the GOP race has provided me with a lot of laughs.
-Marquis
T S O
T S O
Survivor
T S O
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #385 (isolation #15) » Tue Aug 25, 2015 8:35 am

Post by T S O »

I think the plan to raise the minimum wage is genius and will work out splendidly.
-Marquis
T S O
T S O
Survivor
T S O
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #405 (isolation #16) » Tue Aug 25, 2015 10:38 am

Post by T S O »

Kmd - speaking as someone who seems to share similar views to you - you're completely wasting your time trying to make a point here. The people who post in this thread are ultra-liberal to a point. They all vote Democrat, and in fact they don't even like centrist democrats, as evidenced by the heavy Sanders support. They all believe that all minorities are being discriminated against systematically, especially black people, women and transgenders, and if you don't agree it's because of your white privilege. There should definitely have been an indictment in Ferguson, welfare state is great, defund the military, down with cops. And so forth.

I agree with what you're saying, but I'll probably be the only one.
-Marquis
T S O
T S O
Survivor
T S O
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #406 (isolation #17) » Tue Aug 25, 2015 10:39 am

Post by T S O »

Psyche, I see what you're trying to go for - but even so, "what about Benghazi?" is a ridiculous response.
-Marquis
T S O
T S O
Survivor
T S O
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #410 (isolation #18) » Tue Aug 25, 2015 10:57 am

Post by T S O »

To be fair, I regularly interpret people as fucking morons when they call things racist.
-Marquis
T S O
T S O
Survivor
T S O
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #482 (isolation #19) » Wed Aug 26, 2015 3:26 am

Post by T S O »

In post 431, sthar8 wrote:
In post 405, T S O wrote:They all vote Democrat,

I don't vote.

Please don't class yourself with people like these; you're better than that.
-Marquis
T S O
T S O
Survivor
T S O
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #483 (isolation #20) » Wed Aug 26, 2015 3:29 am

Post by T S O »

In fairness, this forum houses some of the most bizarre life-views I've ever seen, from people like TSQ/Bro, but I have to admit I admired how SK repeatedly insulted me and still seemed to believe he held the high moral ground. Do you get away with that because you're black, or are white people like me allowed to do it too?
-Marquis
T S O
T S O
Survivor
T S O
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #486 (isolation #21) » Wed Aug 26, 2015 3:53 am

Post by T S O »

You can be snarky if you want - I wouldn't post extremely controversial things on Internet forums if I felt worried people might actually attack me for saying them.
-Marquis
T S O
T S O
Survivor
T S O
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #552 (isolation #22) » Thu Aug 27, 2015 12:51 pm

Post by T S O »

In post 549, Runner wrote:Can I just say, major respect to MM576 for talking coolly and calmly. I'm of the leftward inclination, but I still respect how you're standing up for your views despite strong opposition.

I agree with this a lot.
-Marquis
T S O
T S O
Survivor
T S O
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #746 (isolation #23) » Sat Sep 05, 2015 3:19 am

Post by T S O »

Are we actually debating the merits of Kanye in the White House?
-Marquis
T S O
T S O
Survivor
T S O
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #752 (isolation #24) » Sat Sep 05, 2015 11:07 am

Post by T S O »

One is a solid businessman and one is a mediocre rapper with one good album.
-Marquis
T S O
T S O
Survivor
T S O
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #754 (isolation #25) » Sat Sep 05, 2015 11:25 am

Post by T S O »

True, but net worth is still net worth. Trump is still worth significantly more.
-Marquis
T S O
T S O
Survivor
T S O
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #761 (isolation #26) » Sun Sep 06, 2015 5:29 am

Post by T S O »

In post 757, AniX wrote:
In post 754, T S O wrote:True, but net worth is still net worth. Trump is still worth significantly more.

It's easy to have a higher net worth when you begin at a MUCH higher net worth.

How do you make that assumption?
-Marquis
T S O
T S O
Survivor
T S O
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #779 (isolation #27) » Tue Sep 08, 2015 9:20 am

Post by T S O »

Fantasy is his good album.
-Marquis
T S O
T S O
Survivor
T S O
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #780 (isolation #28) » Tue Sep 08, 2015 9:21 am

Post by T S O »

I don't think the others are great, honestly.
-Marquis
T S O
T S O
Survivor
T S O
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #782 (isolation #29) » Tue Sep 08, 2015 9:33 am

Post by T S O »

even acknowledging that was difficult considering I'm such a gigantic bigot
-Marquis
T S O
T S O
Survivor
T S O
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #784 (isolation #30) » Tue Sep 08, 2015 9:42 am

Post by T S O »

your album tastes are not among yours
-Marquis
T S O
T S O
Survivor
T S O
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #791 (isolation #31) » Wed Sep 09, 2015 6:55 am

Post by T S O »

I think in a Sanders vs Carson scenario, the latter will win, but I also think the likelihood of this happening is non-existent.
-Marquis
T S O
T S O
Survivor
T S O
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #795 (isolation #32) » Wed Sep 09, 2015 8:29 am

Post by T S O »

Jeb is on like 6%.
-Marquis
T S O
T S O
Survivor
T S O
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #810 (isolation #33) » Wed Sep 09, 2015 12:22 pm

Post by T S O »

I am going to have to disagree that Bush is the most likely Republican candidate to go forth.
-Marquis
T S O
T S O
Survivor
T S O
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #881 (isolation #34) » Tue Feb 09, 2016 11:44 am

Post by T S O »

In post 175, zoraster wrote:We're 7 months before the first caucus. People are mostly indicating based on their feelings of discontent than they are any serious evaluation. Things will change between now and then. I'll bet anyone who wants to that Trump will not win a single state in the primaries. Heck, I'll say Trump doesn't even finish with over 30% in any state.

In post 176, T S O wrote:I'll make both bets!

In post 177, zoraster wrote:Done. One month after he gets 30% in a single state (or if he wins a state with less than 30%), I'll set my avatar to Trump (let's not include territories here as who knows what the 8 republicans in the virgin islands will vote) for a month. If he doesn't achieve that threshold, after the 50th state votes in the republican primary, you set your avatar to the democratic nominee for a month. Fair?

-Marquis
T S O
T S O
Survivor
T S O
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #885 (isolation #35) » Wed Feb 10, 2016 12:00 am

Post by T S O »

I'd just like to say to zor that I love his avatar.
-Marquis

Return to “General Discussion”