Scummies Ideas, Suggestions and Comments Thread

This forum is for discussion related to the game.
zMuffinMan
zMuffinMan
Survivor
zMuffinMan
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #678 (isolation #0) » Mon Jan 25, 2016 9:25 pm

Post by zMuffinMan »

In post 676, Marquis wrote:you need a majority of town to be somewhat in sync with reads and game direction to achieve that

not really

apart from the fact that the majority (if not all) perfect wins usually come off the back of 1-2 PR results (depending on the size of the game) which requires zero cohesion (not to mention things like slips, bad fake-claims from scum, etc), town doesn't need to be well-coordinated to lynch, say, a lurker that happens to be scum and town doesn't need to have strong players or good teamwork to sheep a vocal player (or group of players) that happen to be right about scum (
especially
when said people sheeping probably sheep every game anyway and don't need to be "in sync" to do what they do...)

i also think there's a difference between a town whose reads are "in sync" because the majority is reading the game, putting forth arguments/reasoning and coming to the same conclusions independently and a town whose reads are "in sync" because key players are putting forth arguments and others are agreeing with them because that's what they do / that's how they play - the former is extremely rare and is the only time i'd say a town (as a whole) performed well, the latter is a case where the sheep aren't really doing anything they wouldn't do in every other game, so it's not like a special case where everyone is playing above and beyond the norm...
spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh
zMuffinMan
zMuffinMan
Survivor
zMuffinMan
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #681 (isolation #1) » Mon Jan 25, 2016 9:37 pm

Post by zMuffinMan »

that's very insightful

i would nominate you for professor mafia if that award wasn't taken away
spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh
zMuffinMan
zMuffinMan
Survivor
zMuffinMan
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #683 (isolation #2) » Mon Jan 25, 2016 10:08 pm

Post by zMuffinMan »

yeah

i guess next time i write something, i should make sure i'm aware of how the game of mafia works before i do so

thanks for the criticism. i can tell you're a pretty smart person and i'll take your words into consideration
zMuffinMan
zMuffinMan
Survivor
zMuffinMan
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #686 (isolation #3) » Mon Jan 25, 2016 11:04 pm

Post by zMuffinMan »

you're just reinforcing the point i made (and seemingly one of the main reasons the award was removed)
zMuffinMan
zMuffinMan
Survivor
zMuffinMan
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #688 (isolation #4) » Mon Jan 25, 2016 11:31 pm

Post by zMuffinMan »

it is, you just don't seem to understand the point
zMuffinMan
zMuffinMan
Survivor
zMuffinMan
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #692 (isolation #5) » Tue Jan 26, 2016 4:14 am

Post by zMuffinMan »

i don't think anyone plays mafia on the off chance they'll draw town and win a best town award

and the sorts of people who are likely to actually have that mentality are unlikely to be the sorts of people who actually contribute very much to a town win anyway

so i sincerely doubt anything at all will change

and the people who are decent at scum hunting will still be decent at scum hunting and hey, there's an award you can nominate them for if you feel they're decent at scum hunting in more than just a single game

also, if "people giving less of a shit" means no more 100+ page D1s then the scummie committee deserves a fucking scummie for the service they're doing
zMuffinMan
zMuffinMan
Survivor
zMuffinMan
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #800 (isolation #6) » Thu Feb 11, 2016 6:28 pm

Post by zMuffinMan »

tbh the term "teamwork" gets thrown around far too loosely by the people arguing against the removal of the best town award
zMuffinMan
zMuffinMan
Survivor
zMuffinMan
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #805 (isolation #7) » Fri Feb 12, 2016 1:55 am

Post by zMuffinMan »

voting the same player is the most basic thing in the game that i don't even think it qualifies as teamwork, or if it does, then almost every single player displays the same amazing ability every single game, so the entire site deserves a scummy
zMuffinMan
zMuffinMan
Survivor
zMuffinMan
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #823 (isolation #8) » Sat Feb 13, 2016 1:56 am

Post by zMuffinMan »

In post 816, wgeurts wrote:Judging teams doesn't mean you should tunnel vision onto teamwork as that isn't the main thing. You look at their achievements, how they got there, how much the mafia put up a fight and how well the town saw through their lies. Basically everything that's judged for the individual town award.

i think that's the entire point, isn't it?

people arguing to bring back the award are suggesting teamwork is a big thing and should be encouraged, etc etc

when in reality "teamwork" as most people are defining it happens in almost every... single... game... the defining difference between a town who won and a town who lost a game usually isn't teamwork so much as whether the town had correct reads. and the town having correct reads usually doesn't require teamwork so much as vocal/charismatic people being correct, and THIS seems to be a large part of why the award was removed; because it's very rare for even half the town to contribute to a win in some meaningful way
zMuffinMan
zMuffinMan
Survivor
zMuffinMan
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #854 (isolation #9) » Mon Apr 11, 2016 7:26 pm

Post by zMuffinMan »

day talk is like a placebo effect - it positively affects teamwork if you think it does but in reality you could do just as well without it

unless you have really bad teammates in which case it's a positive that you can instruct them how not to be shit or something

Return to “Mafia Discussion”