Open 623 (White Flag) - A Moment in Time (Over)

AlwaysInnocent
AlwaysInnocent
Mafia Scum
AlwaysInnocent
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1950 (ISO) » Wed Feb 17, 2016 1:48 pm

Post by AlwaysInnocent »

In post 1949, Cerberus v666 wrote:AI: No, you're missing the point! It's that *that* particular play WOULD NOT be made by scum!Titus. Period. It would not happen, not without her having extensive knowledge of the play of every player in the game.
Well, you still have not convinced me. You should try harder. The clock is ticking. Tic, tac, tic, tac.
"You've been furthering the win condition of the Mafia even better than the Mafia." - Dierfire
Extrapolated Eagle
Extrapolated Eagle
Mafia Scum
Extrapolated Eagle
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1951 (ISO) » Wed Feb 17, 2016 1:53 pm

Post by Extrapolated Eagle »

Yes.

Don't hammer.
"@EE
:roll: Aside from that entire post being annoying as fuck, your scumread on me makes no sense." -Elyse (scum)
Titus
Titus
She/her
Moon Walker
Titus
She/her
Moon Walker
Moon Walker
Pronoun: She/her

Post Post #1952 (ISO) » Wed Feb 17, 2016 2:22 pm

Post by Titus »

VOTE: Cow

AI, look at the wagons.

Scum pushing my wagon today did jackshit when it was me v fire. Well viva's been spamming, Titus was wrong therefore scum.
Show
The scum had the misfortune of Titus being absurdly accurate on day one.Really quite impressed by that.~Drixx

You're letting Titus win the game by herself.Good luck now I guess.You have no chance to win.~Tywin

GTKTitus Part 2
Titus Academy

VLA Friday nights until Sunday morning.

All hail the Scum Empress!
Karnage
Karnage
Mafia Scum
Karnage
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1953 (ISO) » Wed Feb 17, 2016 3:42 pm

Post by Karnage »

In post 1931, Cerberus v666 wrote:Karnage: So you feel we're looking at a TheCow/Viva/Cakez scum team right now? Can you explain why there's a contradiction between your 1765 where you remind EE that tunneling isn't alignment indicative in and of itself, and your 1866, where you say Viva is likely scum for tunneling Titus?

perhaps tunnel vision was a poor choice of words. What I don't like about viva is that he goes off on tangents about others being scum and who else he is willing to lynch but it always comes back to lynching titus.

the tunneling I was referring to in 1765 was when a player says somebody is scum and doesn't deviate from that read to even consider or discuss other lynch possibilities.
GTKAS - Karnage
Indefinite V/LA
Karnage
Karnage
Mafia Scum
Karnage
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1954 (ISO) » Wed Feb 17, 2016 3:44 pm

Post by Karnage »

Can anybody on the Titus wagon explain how she is scummier than the guy that lol-hammered two townies?
GTKAS - Karnage
Indefinite V/LA
pistachi0n
pistachi0n
Mafia Scum
pistachi0n
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1955 (ISO) » Wed Feb 17, 2016 7:20 pm

Post by pistachi0n »

In post 1930, Titus wrote:
In post 1929, pistachi0n wrote:
In post 1898, Titus wrote:@pistachion, basically he's not pushing scumreads. He's hanging back too much.

But is that different than how he acts in other games? I'm under the impression that being evasive is sort of his thing.

No. In Steven's Universe, he'd engage the thread much more. He fully can place votes. Here, he's giving the impression he doesn't care. He wasn't really voting cow for being scummy, but just for apathy. Not cool. If someone's wrong twice, there is a natural inclination to not want this person leading regardless of their alignment. The apathy cow and Cerb face is :igmeou:.

Right now, the fact you're bothering to get involved in the game actually suggests I could be wrong about you. I am starting to lean more Cerb cow viva/Cakez. Please engage more if you're town, more than just me.

Okay. Does he not place votes when he's scum? Does he have any completed scum games? This is important.
Titus
Titus
She/her
Moon Walker
Titus
She/her
Moon Walker
Moon Walker

Post Post #1956 (ISO) » Wed Feb 17, 2016 9:23 pm

Post by Titus »

He avoids votes as both alignments. He does have a scumgame or two but I am blanking on them.

He doesn't avoid the content. He's started to improve, so I am content lynching cow.
Show
The scum had the misfortune of Titus being absurdly accurate on day one.Really quite impressed by that.~Drixx

You're letting Titus win the game by herself.Good luck now I guess.You have no chance to win.~Tywin

GTKTitus Part 2
Titus Academy

TheCow
TheCow
Goon
TheCow
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1957 (ISO) » Thu Feb 18, 2016 4:01 am

Post by TheCow »

What's the difference between a lol hammer and a quick hammer?
Reasonably Rational
Reasonably Rational
Mafia Scum
Reasonably Rational
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1958 (ISO) » Thu Feb 18, 2016 5:50 am

Post by Reasonably Rational »

In post 1953, Karnage wrote:
In post 1931, Cerberus v666 wrote:Karnage: So you feel we're looking at a TheCow/Viva/Cakez scum team right now? Can you explain why there's a contradiction between your 1765 where you remind EE that tunneling isn't alignment indicative in and of itself, and your 1866, where you say Viva is likely scum for tunneling Titus?

perhaps tunnel vision was a poor choice of words. What I don't like about viva is that he goes off on tangents about others being scum and who else he is willing to lynch but it always comes back to lynching titus.

the tunneling I was referring to in 1765 was when a player says somebody is scum and doesn't deviate from that read to even consider or discuss other lynch possibilities.

Hmm. That's a pretty thin semantic line you're walking there. So, complete unwillingness to discuss ANYTHING else is NAI, but the appearance of willingness to discuss other things, but always ending up back at the original target, is scummy?

In post 1954, Karnage wrote:Can anybody on the Titus wagon explain how she is scummier than the guy that lol-hammered two townies?

I think Viva has put up walls and walls about why he feels that to be the case. Perhaps you should check his ISO? Also, I'm inclined to believe that the *architect* of a wagon on town is scummier than the *hammerer* of a wagon on town, particularly if said hammerer seems fairly disengaged from the game. If it weren't for my conviction about plays Titus wouldn't make and th eclear sense of game solving and town boc forming I'm getting from her, I would think she was scummier than thecow by a mile.

In post 1955, pistachi0n wrote:
In post 1898, Titus wrote:@pistachion, basically he's not pushing scumreads. He's hanging back too much.

But is that different than how he acts in other games? I'm under the impression that being evasive is sort of his thing.

No. In Steven's Universe, he'd engage the thread much more. He fully can place votes. Here, he's giving the impression he doesn't care. He wasn't really voting cow for being scummy, but just for apathy. Not cool. If someone's wrong twice, there is a natural inclination to not want this person leading regardless of their alignment. The apathy cow and Cerb face is :igmeou:.

Right now, the fact you're bothering to get involved in the game actually suggests I could be wrong about you. I am starting to lean more Cerb cow viva/Cakez. Please engage more if you're town, more than just me.

Okay. Does he not place votes when he's scum? Does he have any completed scum games? This is important.

I only have one completed scum game on site, Trouble in the Cougars Den, which was a hydra game with Drixx as Reasonably Rational where our team did horribly, and lost.

http://forum.mafiascum.net/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=63704 << Game thread
http://forum.mafiascum.net/viewtopic.php?f=94&t=63740 << Hydra PT(The hydra PT is much less informative than it would normally be, I was pretty unmotivated that game and didn't copy in all my conversation with Drixx.
http://forum.mafiascum.net/viewtopic.php?f=94&t=63705 << Mafia PT

I also have a couple scum games on the incgamers forums where I came from originally, but I'm not home right now so I don't have the links handily bookmarked. IIRC, those games were both wins though, so they might be more informative than a game where my team got roflstomped. I'll get them for you when I get home if you want?

Anyways, not placing votes is fairly standard for me. I'm especially wary in games this small, because a simple majority equals such a small number of people.

In post 1957, TheCow wrote:What's the difference between a lol hammer and a quick hammer?

Intent, imo. A quickhammer is done to silence a slot and end the day before further conversation can be had/people can change their minds. A lol hammer is done because "lol, he's at l-1 and I can hammer him!"

AI: Look at her iso. Seriously, look at her iso. Outside of the posts where she's pushing those mislynches(one of which was pushed in a survivalistic fashion, since she was definitely up for consideration yesterday...I think that's NAI, but you might think otherwise), what is she doing? She's pushing the game to engage. She's asking people questions, trying to determine why they're thinking what they're thinking, and attempting to rally those who are on the same page as her to work together.It's just...I don't know man. it seems fairly obvious to me that what she's doing is exactly what she does as town.
Cerberus v666
Cerberus v666
Let's Be Reasonable
Cerberus v666
Let's Be Reasonable
Let's Be Reasonable

Post Post #1959 (ISO) » Thu Feb 18, 2016 5:51 am

Post by Cerberus v666 »

In post 1958, Reasonably Rational wrote:
In post 1953, Karnage wrote:

Hmm. That's a pretty thin semantic line you're walking there. So, complete unwillingness to discuss ANYTHING else is NAI, but the appearance of willingness to discuss other things, but always ending up back at the original target, is scummy?

In post 1954, Karnage wrote:Can anybody on the Titus wagon explain how she is scummier than the guy that lol-hammered two townies?

I think Viva has put up walls and walls about why he feels that to be the case. Perhaps you should check his ISO? Also, I'm inclined to believe that the *architect* of a wagon on town is scummier than the *hammerer* of a wagon on town, particularly if said hammerer seems fairly disengaged from the game. If it weren't for my conviction about plays Titus wouldn't make and th eclear sense of game solving and town boc forming I'm getting from her, I would think she was scummier than thecow by a mile.

In post 1955, pistachi0n wrote:

I only have one completed scum game on site, Trouble in the Cougars Den, which was a hydra game with Drixx as Reasonably Rational where our team did horribly, and lost.

http://forum.mafiascum.net/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=63704 << Game thread
http://forum.mafiascum.net/viewtopic.php?f=94&t=63740 << Hydra PT(The hydra PT is much less informative than it would normally be, I was pretty unmotivated that game and didn't copy in all my conversation with Drixx.
http://forum.mafiascum.net/viewtopic.php?f=94&t=63705 << Mafia PT

I also have a couple scum games on the incgamers forums where I came from originally, but I'm not home right now so I don't have the links handily bookmarked. IIRC, those games were both wins though, so they might be more informative than a game where my team got roflstomped. I'll get them for you when I get home if you want?

Anyways, not placing votes is fairly standard for me. I'm especially wary in games this small, because a simple majority equals such a small number of people.

In post 1957, TheCow wrote:What's the difference between a lol hammer and a quick hammer?

Intent, imo. A quickhammer is done to silence a slot and end the day before further conversation can be had/people can change their minds. A lol hammer is done because "lol, he's at l-1 and I can hammer him!"

AI: Look at her iso. Seriously, look at her iso. Outside of the posts where she's pushing those mislynches(one of which was pushed in a survivalistic fashion, since she was definitely up for consideration yesterday...I think that's NAI, but you might think otherwise), what is she doing? She's pushing the game to engage. She's asking people questions, trying to determine why they're thinking what they're thinking, and attempting to rally those who are on the same page as her to work together.It's just...I don't know man. it seems fairly obvious to me that what she's doing is exactly what she does as town.

Ugh sorry. Went to the hydra to grab the links for those games and forgot to log back out. :(
Cerberus v666
Cerberus v666
Let's Be Reasonable
Cerberus v666
Let's Be Reasonable
Let's Be Reasonable

Post Post #1960 (ISO) » Thu Feb 18, 2016 7:03 am

Post by Cerberus v666 »

Oh, shit, Titus. Also! Read my initial read through of TheCow on D2. I specifically called him out for doing things which I viewed as scummy, namely, rapid flip flopping of intent without any reasons for changing his mind...it just...happened, and also just so happened to give him cause to hammer on D1. Maybe that was because of apathy, but it certainly looks scummy as fuck to me. It was simply too blatant for it, on it's own to give me sufficient cause to think he's scum. I figured he HAD to more aware of how it would look than that, so I gave it less credit as a scum move. After his continued lack of engagement in the game, and doing the same thing again(well, okay, not quite the same, there was a deadline, etc, but still) I decided he was simply attempting to appear to be derptown. It's a low effort strategy, and it certainly seems in line with the low expectations for involvement people had for his play early D1.
Titus
Titus
She/her
Moon Walker
Titus
She/her
Moon Walker
Moon Walker

Post Post #1961 (ISO) » Thu Feb 18, 2016 2:30 pm

Post by Titus »

Can we get a vc and prods?
Show

GTKTitus Part 2
Titus Academy

Extrapolated Eagle
Extrapolated Eagle
Mafia Scum
Extrapolated Eagle
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1962 (ISO) » Thu Feb 18, 2016 2:49 pm

Post by Extrapolated Eagle »

VOTE: sircakez
"@EE
:roll: Aside from that entire post being annoying as fuck, your scumread on me makes no sense." -Elyse (scum)
Drixx
Drixx
Jack of All Trades
Drixx
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1963 (ISO) » Thu Feb 18, 2016 3:59 pm

Post by Drixx »

In post 1961, Titus wrote:Can we get a vc and prods?

Nobody is due for a prod, but I'll be happy to put another VC in ASAP.
Get to know a Drixx - Recently Updated!
Drixx
Drixx
Jack of All Trades
Drixx
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1964 (ISO) » Thu Feb 18, 2016 4:05 pm

Post by Drixx »

Vote Count 3.3AlwaysInnocent {0} -
Cerberus v666 {0} -
Viva La Gloria {0} -
Extrapolated Eagle
Titus

pistachi0n {0} -
SirCakez {1} -
Extrapolated Eagle
, Extrapolated Eagle
TheCow {3} -
Titus
, Karnage, Cerberus v666, Titus
Titus {4} - Viva La Gloria, TheCow, pistachi0n,
AlwaysInnocent
, SirCakez
L-1

Extrapolated Eagle {0} -
Karnage {0} -
SirCakez
Extrapolated Eagle

Not Voting (4): AlwaysInnocent

With 9 alive, it takes 5 to lynch or No Lynch.

Deadline is (expired on 2016-02-25 14:30:00) from now, or February 25th at 2:30 PM Eastern (GMT-5).

Prodding: N/A
Replacing: N/A

Spoiler: No Strikethrough VC
Vote Count 3.3AlwaysInnocent {0} -
Cerberus v666 {0} -
Viva La Gloria {0} -
pistachi0n {0} -
SirCakez {1} - Extrapolated Eagle
TheCow {2} - Karnage, Cerberus v666, Titus
Titus {4} - Viva La Gloria, TheCow, pistachi0n, SirCakez
L-1

Extrapolated Eagle {0} -
Karnage {0} -

Not Voting (4): AlwaysInnocent

With 9 alive, it takes 5 to lynch or No Lynch.

Deadline is (expired on 2016-02-25 14:30:00) from now, or February 25th at 2:30 PM Eastern (GMT-5).

Prodding: N/A
Replacing: N/A
Get to know a Drixx - Recently Updated!
TheCow
TheCow
Goon
TheCow
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1965 (ISO) » Thu Feb 18, 2016 7:54 pm

Post by TheCow »

I'd hammer if I weren't on the wagon. We have the game figured out so freelo b o i s
Titus
Titus
She/her
Moon Walker
Titus
She/her
Moon Walker
Moon Walker

Post Post #1966 (ISO) » Thu Feb 18, 2016 8:03 pm

Post by Titus »

EE, AI, let's wrap this day up with a lynch on scum. :-p

How about it? Cow lynch?
Show

GTKTitus Part 2
Titus Academy

pistachi0n
pistachi0n
Mafia Scum
pistachi0n
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1967 (ISO) » Thu Feb 18, 2016 8:04 pm

Post by pistachi0n »

In post 1956, Titus wrote:He avoids votes as both alignments. He does have a scumgame or two but I am blanking on them.

He doesn't avoid the content. He's started to improve, so I am content lynching cow.

So if he's doing what he does as both alignments, why are you scumreading him based on his behavior...?
Titus
Titus
She/her
Moon Walker
Titus
She/her
Moon Walker
Moon Walker

Post Post #1968 (ISO) » Thu Feb 18, 2016 8:19 pm

Post by Titus »

In post 1967, pistachi0n wrote:
In post 1956, Titus wrote:He avoids votes as both alignments. He does have a scumgame or two but I am blanking on them.

So if he's doing what he does as both alignments, why are you scumreading him based on his behavior...?

You misunderstood my post.

As town, he doesn't avoid content or taking stands or investigating. He just started to open up in his recent postings. I wouldn't go so far as to call him town yet but I'm willing to give him a day.
Show

GTKTitus Part 2
Titus Academy

Viva La Gloria
Viva La Gloria
Goon
Viva La Gloria
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1969 (ISO) » Thu Feb 18, 2016 8:40 pm

Post by Viva La Gloria »

I'd be very happy with a lynch on scum.

Hammer Titus.
TheCow
TheCow
Goon
TheCow
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1970 (ISO) » Thu Feb 18, 2016 9:09 pm

Post by TheCow »

its weird that my hammers are being called "lolhammers", but people are trying to use them against me -- why aren't they being called quickhammers?
AlwaysInnocent
AlwaysInnocent
Mafia Scum
AlwaysInnocent
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1971 (ISO) » Thu Feb 18, 2016 9:30 pm

Post by AlwaysInnocent »

In post 1970, TheCow wrote:its weird that my hammers are being called "lolhammers", but people are trying to use them against me -- why aren't they being called quickhammers?
The first time you quickhammered, you townread Something_Smart. Suddenly you said "fuck it", and hammered him anyway. This is what I call a lolhammer. A quickhammer (while being bad) can be well motivated and consistent with the hammerer's play. A lolhammer is just bad in every sense.
"You've been furthering the win condition of the Mafia even better than the Mafia." - Dierfire
TheCow
TheCow
Goon
TheCow
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1972 (ISO) » Thu Feb 18, 2016 9:56 pm

Post by TheCow »

In post 1971, AlwaysInnocent wrote:
In post 1970, TheCow wrote:its weird that my hammers are being called "lolhammers", but people are trying to use them against me -- why aren't they being called quickhammers?
The first time you quickhammered, you townread Something_Smart. Suddenly you said "fuck it", and hammered him anyway. This is what I call a lolhammer. A quickhammer (while being bad) can be well motivated and consistent with the hammerer's play. A lolhammer is just bad in every sense.

My point exactly.
AlwaysInnocent
AlwaysInnocent
Mafia Scum
AlwaysInnocent
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1973 (ISO) » Thu Feb 18, 2016 10:04 pm

Post by AlwaysInnocent »

In post 1972, TheCow wrote:
In post 1971, AlwaysInnocent wrote:

My point exactly.
How is that your point?
TheCow
TheCow
Goon
TheCow
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1974 (ISO) » Thu Feb 18, 2016 10:08 pm

Post by TheCow »

Reiterate for me: what's the case being made against me? My meaning should already be quite clear.

Saying I'm scum for lolhammering is as lolzy as the hammer itself.

Return to “Completed Open Games”