Open 623 (White Flag) - A Moment in Time (Over)

AlwaysInnocent
AlwaysInnocent
Mafia Scum
AlwaysInnocent
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2000 (ISO) » Fri Feb 19, 2016 2:25 am

Post by AlwaysInnocent »

Read List 3.1a (Assumption: Titus flips
scum
)

{AlwaysInnocent}

{Viva La Gloria}

{TheCow}

{Karnage, pistachi0n}

{SirCakez}

{Cerberus v666, Eagle}

Read List 3.1b (Assumption: Titus flips
town
)

{AlwaysInnocent}

{Viva La Gloria}

{Karnage, SirCakez}

{TheCow, Eagle, pistachi0n}

{Cerberus v666}
"You've been furthering the win condition of the Mafia even better than the Mafia." - Dierfire
SirCakez
SirCakez
he/him
Is A Lie
SirCakez
he/him
Is A Lie
Is A Lie
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #2001 (ISO) » Fri Feb 19, 2016 2:37 am

Post by SirCakez »

If she flips town my reads list will be basically the same except Karnage and Cow lower.
Titus
Titus
She/her
Moon Walker
Titus
She/her
Moon Walker
Moon Walker
Pronoun: She/her

Post Post #2002 (ISO) » Fri Feb 19, 2016 4:11 am

Post by Titus »

Look into lynching viva. Too many townreads for not reconsidering anything.

Ai, I WAS reconsidering Fire. That's why the cow hammer was bad.

Oh well.

Whatever you do, lynch from those on my wagon.
Viva and SirCakez and cow are my preferred lynches.
Show
The scum had the misfortune of Titus being absurdly accurate on day one.Really quite impressed by that.~Drixx

You're letting Titus win the game by herself.Good luck now I guess.You have no chance to win.~Tywin

GTKTitus Part 2
Titus Academy

VLA Friday nights until Sunday morning.

All hail the Scum Empress!
Drixx
Drixx
Jack of All Trades
Drixx
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2003 (ISO) » Fri Feb 19, 2016 8:20 am

Post by Drixx »

In post 1991, Extrapolated Eagle wrote:
@mod please consider me V/LA until Sunday night the 21

Noted.

You guys have managed to hammer twice now within minutes of me going to sleep. Sorry for the Long Twilight. Flip and Flavor incoming.

Vote Count 3.4AlwaysInnocent {0} -
Cerberus v666 {0} -
Viva La Gloria {0} -
Extrapolated Eagle
Titus

pistachi0n {0} -
SirCakez {1} -
Extrapolated Eagle
, Extrapolated Eagle
TheCow {3} -
Titus
, Karnage, Cerberus v666, Titus
Titus {5} - Viva La Gloria, TheCow, pistachi0n,
AlwaysInnocent
, SirCakez, AlwaysInnocent
LYNCH!

Extrapolated Eagle {0} -
Karnage {0} -
SirCakez
Extrapolated Eagle

Not Voting (0):

With 9 alive, it takes 5 to lynch or No Lynch.

Deadline is (expired on 2016-02-25 14:30:00) from now, or February 25th at 2:30 PM Eastern (GMT-5).

Prodding: N/A
Replacing: N/A

Spoiler: No Strikethrough VC
Vote Count 3.4AlwaysInnocent {0} -
Cerberus v666 {0} -
Viva La Gloria {0} -
pistachi0n {0} -
SirCakez {1} - Extrapolated Eagle
TheCow {2} - Karnage, Cerberus v666, Titus
Titus {4} - Viva La Gloria, TheCow, pistachi0n, SirCakez, AlwaysInnocent
LYNCH!

Extrapolated Eagle {0} -
Karnage {0} -

Not Voting (0):

With 9 alive, it takes 5 to lynch or No Lynch.

Deadline is (expired on 2016-02-25 14:30:00) from now, or February 25th at 2:30 PM Eastern (GMT-5).

Drixx
Drixx
Jack of All Trades
Drixx
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2004 (ISO) » Fri Feb 19, 2016 12:08 pm

Post by Drixx »

On this day in 1777, the Continental Congress voted to promote six officers to the rank of Major General, with the intent of balancing the number of flag officers (Generals) from each state. This action changed the course of then Brigadier General Benedict Arnold's life drastically. Each of the men promoted were junior to him, and he felt slighted. The man, who would later become infamous for his treason and defection to the British army, drew up a letter of resignation, disgusted by what he saw as corruption and specifically citing that some of the men promoted were given credit for actions taken by himself.

This action was believed to be an oversight by then Commander in Chief of the Continental Army, George Washington, who urged Arnold to take no rash actions and appealed to the Continental Congress to right the wrong. Arnold had shown himself to be a brilliant tactician and was responsible for several major victories early in the war, including the Capture of Fort Ticonderoga and a surprise expeditionary attack upon Quebec, for which he was promoted to the rank of Colonel, and was promoted to Brigadier General for his role in reaching and laying seiege to Quebec City.

He further distinguished himself in several more battles, establishing a good relationship with George Washington, but also making enemies of well connected junior officers who began a campaign of accusations against Arnold which culminated in a Court Martial in early 1780 where He was cleared of all but two minor charges. For his actions in the Battle of Ridgefield, Arnold was finally promoted to Major General; however, his seniority was not restored over those junior officers earlier promoted. During his final major battle as a field commander, at Saratoga, Arnold's left leg was severely wounded and instead of allowing it to be amputated, he had it poorly set, leaving him permanently and severely crippled by the wound. His valor at Saratoga led Congress to restore his command seniority. Arnold interpreted the manner in which they did so as an act of pity for his wounds, and not as recognition that they were righting the previous wrong.

Soon afteward, Arnold married the young daughter of Judge Edward Shippen, a loyalist sympathizer, and began to contemplate treason. Arnold passed information with the help of his wife and her contacts throughout the latter half of 1778 into early 1780, when he was cleared of all but two minor charges in the Court Martial. After the Court Martial, George Washington rebuked Arnold publicly for the minor charges; and at that moment, Arnold turned traitor and began working towards a plot to hand the fort at West Point to the British, which would have effectively cut the Continental Army in half, isolating the Northeastern States and may have changed the outcome of the war greatly.

After his treason was discovered quite by accident, Arnold managed to successfully escape and was given the rank of Brigadier General by the British, and eventually found himself under the command of Lord Cornwallis. Arnold advised Cornwallis to locate a permanent base away from the coast, but was disregarded; the advice might well have averted Cornwallis' eventual surrender at Yorktown, which effectively ended the war.

Despite being a brilliant tactician and General, Arnold died apart from his family and in considerable debt on June 14, 1801. By some accounts, he is said to have begged forgiveness for his treason when he was close to death. Despite his many victories and significant contribution to American Independence, Arnold remains almost universally viewed as a one dimensional figure: the traitor.

She was sure she had found the tratiors among them. Despite repeated pleading and persuasive arguments, others insisted that she was in actuality the traitor. To the very bitter end, she fought against those accusations and continued to point out those she was
sure
must be guilty. Even as she was carried to the gibbet, she maintened her own innocence and gave advice even to those most vocally oppposing her. In the end, she was vindicated.

Was she right? Will the few remaining loyal members of this town find the traitors among them before it's too late? Only time will tell. For now, Titus can take cold comfort in her vindication: this moment in time.

Titus, Vanilla Townie, has been lynched.

It is now night phase. Day Four will begin in (expired on 2016-02-21 18:00:00), or on Sunday, February 21st at 6:00 PM EST (GMT -5:00)
[/b]
Drixx
Drixx
Jack of All Trades
Drixx
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2005 (ISO) » Sun Feb 21, 2016 2:43 pm

Post by Drixx »

Flavor will be edited in later tonight. Apologies for the delay in day start. Life was hectic today.

Vote Count 4.0AlwaysInnocent {0} -
Cerberus v666 {0} -
Viva La Gloria {0} -
pistachi0n {0} -
SirCakez {0} -
TheCow {0} -
Karnage {0} -

Not Voting (7): AlwaysInnocent, Cerberus v666, pistachi0n, SirCakez, TheCow, Viva La Gloria, Karnage

With 7 alive, it takes 4 to lynch or No Lynch.

Deadline is (expired on 2016-03-06 20:30:00) from now, or February 25th at 2:30 PM Eastern (GMT-5).

As the morning dawns, another bit of new history is made in our sleepy little villiage. You all find
Extrapolated Eagle
tied to yet anoter lamp post (maybe just getting rid of the lamp posts would work?), plucked and intrapolated, with a sign hung around his neck. The sign says
It's nearly too late to join us and avoid his fate. Choose wisely
. Will our heroes be able to make a comeback and force the traitors to surrender? Only time will tell.

Extrapolated Eagle was Plucked and Intrapolated to death on Night Two: He was a
Vanilla Townie
Cerberus v666
Cerberus v666
Let's Be Reasonable
Cerberus v666
Let's Be Reasonable
Let's Be Reasonable

Post Post #2006 (ISO) » Sun Feb 21, 2016 2:47 pm

Post by Cerberus v666 »

Viva. I assume your world has been sufficiently shaken up for you to remove your head from your ass and actually look at the rest of the fucking game?

Just a reminder: Don't be fucking dumb and put down votes unless you are DAMN sure the person is scum. Even if you are DAMN sure they're scum, let everyone talk for a bit at least so if you're RIGHT and your vote doesn't end up leading directly to a quickhammer and a loss, you get all these wonderful associatives and discussion to use to find the rest of the team.

I'll be busy for the next few hours watching some B5, but I'll be around enough to answer questions.

Pistachion: Titus was the only person you mentioned wanting to lynch, I believe. You got what you wanted. Where do you stand on everything now?

-Cerb
Cerberus v666
Cerberus v666
Let's Be Reasonable
Cerberus v666
Let's Be Reasonable
Let's Be Reasonable

Post Post #2007 (ISO) » Sun Feb 21, 2016 2:52 pm

Post by Cerberus v666 »

Ai, can you explain your reads list? That is, the reason why each of the names which changed based on her flip, had their position changed relative to her? How did their alignment relate to Titus'?
SirCakez
SirCakez
he/him
Is A Lie
SirCakez
he/him
Is A Lie
Is A Lie

Post Post #2008 (ISO) » Sun Feb 21, 2016 4:10 pm

Post by SirCakez »

Really think we should lynch Karnage or Cow today based on Titus's reads plus behavior.
pistachi0n
pistachi0n
Mafia Scum
pistachi0n
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2009 (ISO) » Sun Feb 21, 2016 7:30 pm

Post by pistachi0n »

In post 2006, Cerberus v666 wrote:Pistachion: Titus was the only person you mentioned wanting to lynch, I believe. You got what you wanted. Where do you stand on everything now?

I'm thinking AI now--he wasn't a friend of any of the nightkills.
Viva La Gloria
Viva La Gloria
Goon
Viva La Gloria
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2010 (ISO) » Mon Feb 22, 2016 6:21 am

Post by Viva La Gloria »

sorry.

I don't even want to play this anymore.
Titus
Titus
She/her
Moon Walker
Titus
She/her
Moon Walker
Moon Walker
Pronoun: She/her

Post Post #2011 (ISO) » Mon Feb 22, 2016 6:23 am

Post by Titus »

Sorry. No 'Bah' posts. ~Drixx
Show
The scum had the misfortune of Titus being absurdly accurate on day one.Really quite impressed by that.~Drixx

You're letting Titus win the game by herself.Good luck now I guess.You have no chance to win.~Tywin

GTKTitus Part 2
Titus Academy

VLA Friday nights until Sunday morning.

All hail the Scum Empress!
pistachi0n
pistachi0n
Mafia Scum
pistachi0n
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2012 (ISO) » Mon Feb 22, 2016 1:06 pm

Post by pistachi0n »

Why, Viva? Titus didn't flip the way you wanted so you're completely giving up? Even if Titus was scum, you would have had to hunt for one more.
SirCakez
SirCakez
he/him
Is A Lie
SirCakez
he/him
Is A Lie
Is A Lie

Post Post #2013 (ISO) » Mon Feb 22, 2016 1:07 pm

Post by SirCakez »

Well, at least Viva's ego has been knocked down a couple pegs.
Why is it so quiet?
pistachi0n
pistachi0n
Mafia Scum
pistachi0n
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2014 (ISO) » Mon Feb 22, 2016 1:46 pm

Post by pistachi0n »

I'm townreading Vista because she seemed genuinely convinced Titus was scum, I don't think that's easy to fake.
Karnage
Karnage
Mafia Scum
Karnage
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2015 (ISO) » Mon Feb 22, 2016 3:05 pm

Post by Karnage »

In post 2008, SirCakez wrote:Really think we should lynch Karnage or Cow today based on Titus's reads plus behavior.

funny, because I was thinking either cakez or cow would be best to lynch
GTKAS - Karnage
Indefinite V/LA
SirCakez
SirCakez
he/him
Is A Lie
SirCakez
he/him
Is A Lie
Is A Lie

Post Post #2016 (ISO) » Mon Feb 22, 2016 4:45 pm

Post by SirCakez »

AI where are you?
Cerberus v666
Cerberus v666
Let's Be Reasonable
Cerberus v666
Let's Be Reasonable
Let's Be Reasonable

Post Post #2017 (ISO) » Mon Feb 22, 2016 5:01 pm

Post by Cerberus v666 »

I was also wondering that.

Pistachion, I seriously don't think we can take anyone off the table at this point, at least not without some serious soul searching. The game has been a shitshow. AI is the towniest person left alive right now, and he's...like, I need to go reread a bunch to remember WHY I think he's town. :-/
Viva La Gloria
Viva La Gloria
Goon
Viva La Gloria
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2018 (ISO) » Mon Feb 22, 2016 5:09 pm

Post by Viva La Gloria »

I want to reread EE's yesterday.

I don't understand that night kill.
Cerberus v666
Cerberus v666
Let's Be Reasonable
Cerberus v666
Let's Be Reasonable
Let's Be Reasonable

Post Post #2019 (ISO) » Mon Feb 22, 2016 5:10 pm

Post by Cerberus v666 »

In post 2018, Viva La Gloria wrote:I want to reread EE's yesterday.

I don't understand that night kill.

Umm. He was playing in a very town fashion throughout and was against the Titus lynch, therefore not an easy target for a mislynch. What's so difficult to understand about that kill?
Viva La Gloria
Viva La Gloria
Goon
Viva La Gloria
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2020 (ISO) » Mon Feb 22, 2016 5:13 pm

Post by Viva La Gloria »

AI was universally townread and his townreads have been on point all game. He was the obvious night kill.

I still don't think he's scum but maybe he's misreading scum's designated ML or EE had really on point reads.

Lots of Cow scumreads getting thrown out which makes me wonder if scum want to lynch him today.
Cerberus v666
Cerberus v666
Let's Be Reasonable
Cerberus v666
Let's Be Reasonable
Let's Be Reasonable

Post Post #2021 (ISO) » Mon Feb 22, 2016 5:18 pm

Post by Cerberus v666 »

Did you think they would prefer to kill Mr. "I"m going to drive a mislynch through on a town slot by tunneling them all game long?"

Like, the people not suggested as suspects recently are yourself, pistachion, EE, and AI(and pistachion was brought up a little bit, but not much). You have the stigma of the Titus lynch, pistachion has the stigma of the lynch+being very quiet all game long, AI was also on this lynch, though not on the others. EE fought against the Titus lynch. Meh. He makes sense to me.

Not saying you shouldn't reread EE. We should all reread the game. honestly. It's 2k posts. A skim will take a couple hours. An actual reread a few hours, and we have time. I just think it's dumb to find that kill surprising.

pedit: EE was just as strongly townread as AI? The only stigma against EE was his presence on the first two mislynches, which is something shared by a decent portion of the remaining living slots.
Cerberus v666
Cerberus v666
Let's Be Reasonable
Cerberus v666
Let's Be Reasonable
Let's Be Reasonable

Post Post #2022 (ISO) » Mon Feb 22, 2016 5:21 pm

Post by Cerberus v666 »

Also, I'm pretty sure everyone has wanted to lynch thecow since his first hammer. Obviously no scum team would ever kill him and would want him around as an easy mislynch at this stage, but there's no reason to think he's not scum himself. :-/ Which is why I suggest a massive reread before we screw anything up.
pistachi0n
pistachi0n
Mafia Scum
pistachi0n
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2023 (ISO) » Tue Feb 23, 2016 8:19 am

Post by pistachi0n »

In post 2017, Cerberus v666 wrote:Pistachion, I seriously don't think we can take anyone off the table at this point, at least not without some serious soul searching.

Of course anybody could be scum, but that doesn't mean I can't think some are scummier than others. I think Vista is least likely to be scum.
Cerberus v666
Cerberus v666
Let's Be Reasonable
Cerberus v666
Let's Be Reasonable
Let's Be Reasonable

Post Post #2024 (ISO) » Tue Feb 23, 2016 8:39 am

Post by Cerberus v666 »

In post 2023, pistachi0n wrote:
In post 2017, Cerberus v666 wrote:Pistachion, I seriously don't think we can take anyone off the table at this point, at least not without some serious soul searching.

Of course anybody could be scum, but that doesn't mean I can't think some are scummier than others. I think Vista is least likely to be scum.

Fair enough. Do you have any reason to think AI beyond NKA? Do you happen to have any recollection of exactly what suspicions the earlier NKs had with regards to AI? I feel he and Viva are least likely to be scum(though I do need to put some work in to see what makes him stand out as town in my head), so I'd like to hear why our thoughts on that slot are so different.

Return to “Completed Open Games”