Amihan
Amihan
Goon
Amihan
Goon
Goon

Post Post #47 (isolation #0) » Sat Feb 20, 2016 8:51 pm

Post by Amihan »

Why did this have to start on such a busy weekend...

There's not much I want to say before reading other than that I'm town so that's boring but good! And Tails' avatar is really cool, I didn't know gifs were possible.
Amihan
Amihan
Goon
Amihan
Goon
Goon

Post Post #136 (isolation #1) » Mon Feb 22, 2016 3:28 am

Post by Amihan »

In post 48, SnarkySnowman wrote:VOTE: Amihan

Pretty much everyone who claims town in the first two pages turns out to be scum, in my experience.

Sorry, but no.

Normally I'd read someone using a false tell like this as town drawing on actual perceived experiences, but I'm not a fan of Snarky voting Trollie earlier

In post 40, SnarkySnowman wrote:VOTE: Trollie

Definitely a slip.

Also I am a hated townie just fyi. Takes 2 less votes to lynch me.

calling it "definitely a slip", and then immediately switching to me because "everyone who claims town ... [is] scum". I don't think he actually has that much confidence on either of his reads, and it reads like he's exaggerating them for the purpose of overselling it because this is RVS and that's what people do to be funny or personable. But even though the votes and reasons look like subtle trolling, at the same time it also feels like he's subtly testing the waters and framing it in a way such that he can choose to pretend either of them was serious and continue on from that later when they likely weren't at the time. The "takes 2 less votes to lynch me" line also points to this kind of scum-beneficial trolling.

VOTE: Snarky
Amihan
Amihan
Goon
Amihan
Goon
Goon

Post Post #137 (isolation #2) » Mon Feb 22, 2016 3:34 am

Post by Amihan »

In post 49, Aneninen wrote:Yes, yes, I often post a Random Vote (or not even that) alongside admitting that I haven't read anything yet.
But those highlighted parts stood out for me. Firstly, not reading anything... but having time for those comments, including talking about avatars. Secondly, that "I'm town" felt "off".

I wanted to post something at least slightly memorable since I figured (correctly) that by the time I returned the game would have gone on a ways without me. I don't like the idea of being an empty presence, since that way lies uselessness no matter how right you are.

Let me try again:
I'm town.
Sorry if you're not a fan of that one either, but if I want to say something then I'm going to say it. Doesn't matter if other town don't do that all the time.

Coming right after Snarky's vote on me for supposedly-similar reasons, I can't decide if you're purposely riding the groupthink bandwagon or if that would be too obvious and you genuinely didn't like that post. Benefit of the doubt right now since you seem useful and not really trolling.
Amihan
Amihan
Goon
Amihan
Goon
Goon

Post Post #138 (isolation #3) » Mon Feb 22, 2016 3:37 am

Post by Amihan »

In post 6, TheTrollie wrote:the fuck is pre-game talk?

I had to check what you all were talking about, and seeing as this is this only post I have no idea why everyone thought this was so scummy. It's a reasonable thought coming literally right out of the day 1 starting PM.
Amihan
Amihan
Goon
Amihan
Goon
Goon

Post Post #139 (isolation #4) » Mon Feb 22, 2016 3:44 am

Post by Amihan »

In post 110, Aeronaut wrote:If he was scum, I feel like once someone voted snarky and nothing happened, then people would know he lied immediately. Don't see a lot of scum motive in that.

Like I said some people appear to be taking it seriously. Your point is moot because apparently nobody will risk putting votes on him in the first place. If he's scum he knows that even a simple offhand comment would stop people from trying to test it because they think it would be a quick town lynch if for some reason he was telling the truth.

But we should do this:
Snarky
, please confirm the veracity of your "claim". RVS or not?
Amihan
Amihan
Goon
Amihan
Goon
Goon

Post Post #143 (isolation #5) » Mon Feb 22, 2016 4:06 am

Post by Amihan »

What?
Amihan
Amihan
Goon
Amihan
Goon
Goon

Post Post #144 (isolation #6) » Mon Feb 22, 2016 4:08 am

Post by Amihan »

I don't know if I can quote the day start PM, but... that's what it is. A day 1 start PM.
Amihan
Amihan
Goon
Amihan
Goon
Goon

Post Post #146 (isolation #7) » Mon Feb 22, 2016 4:11 am

Post by Amihan »

That's... really dumb.
Amihan
Amihan
Goon
Amihan
Goon
Goon

Post Post #148 (isolation #8) » Mon Feb 22, 2016 4:14 am

Post by Amihan »

In post 4, Tails wrote:

Vote: Eagle

In post 5, RadiantCowbells wrote:VOTE: Camn

Start talking, sweet cheeks.

These are the first three posts in the game. Pre-game chatter was not mentioned prior to Trollie's post. He's obviously directly referencing the PM.

And why would the mod send scum a different day start PM from town? He'd probably just copy a full player list of names when PMing people. No extra effort.

This is really basic.
Amihan
Amihan
Goon
Amihan
Goon
Goon

Post Post #150 (isolation #9) » Mon Feb 22, 2016 4:22 am

Post by Amihan »

In post 36, Keyser Söze wrote:
I have a bad feeling about this...

Let me sink my teeth into Page One.

Seriously?

In post 20, Tails wrote:Trollie is a 2012 account with modding experience. There's no way he doesn't know what pre-game talk is.

This. I'm unsure if this is scum indicative but it is unsettling. This isn't a newbie game.

In post 37, Keyser Söze wrote:Going back here:
In post 14, Aneninen wrote:That concept was in the latest PM. If that should confirm anything at all, it's that Trollie has NO access to any pre-game talks.

I'm not sure it confirms anything regarding TheTrollie - in my eyes it's pure WIFOM atm.

In post 122, Keyser Söze wrote:
Comfortable.
ImageImageImage

Same-wavelength. More please.

Who are you guys?
ImageImage

Not scum-reading, but not quite on the same page.
ImageImageImage

Uncomfortable.

Fist of suspicion.
ImageImage

That's a lot to go through on my phone but what stamds out is that I don't like the path he took early on to bring Trollie to "uncomfortable". It feels too weak to justify having Trollie in a different read tier, when everything that's been said by him on Trollie pretty much amounts to a null or indecisive read from his point of view. It's like Trollie is just there because others have expressed suspicion on him.

The problem though right now is I have nobody I'm seeing as town, yet I have potential-scum issues with multiple players. I don't like that ratio and if I'm already having trouble with my perception of the game state then that's a red flag.
Amihan
Amihan
Goon
Amihan
Goon
Goon

Post Post #152 (isolation #10) » Mon Feb 22, 2016 4:28 am

Post by Amihan »

In post 151, Extrapolated Eagle wrote:The mod also mentioned pre-game talk in his pm before trolllie posted. That's the post you missed.

...yes. That is the point.

Extrapolated Eagle wrote:
In post 138, Amihan wrote:

I had to check what you all were talking about, and seeing as this is this only post I have no idea why everyone thought this was so scummy. It's a reasonable thought coming literally right out of the day 1 starting PM.

It's because everyone else got a PM with pregame talk in it so the first thought is that he didn't so he must be scum.

My post was in direct response to this.

Are you a hydra? I don't know what's supposed to be going on here.
Amihan
Amihan
Goon
Amihan
Goon
Goon

Post Post #174 (isolation #11) » Mon Feb 22, 2016 8:38 am

Post by Amihan »

1. I am town
2. I am usually right
Amihan
Amihan
Goon
Amihan
Goon
Goon

Post Post #176 (isolation #12) » Mon Feb 22, 2016 8:52 am

Post by Amihan »

VOTE: camn

Static scum discussion points.
Amihan
Amihan
Goon
Amihan
Goon
Goon

Post Post #178 (isolation #13) » Mon Feb 22, 2016 8:56 am

Post by Amihan »

I already did, subtle positioning. I thought you wanted more.
Amihan
Amihan
Goon
Amihan
Goon
Goon

Post Post #291 (isolation #14) » Tue Feb 23, 2016 6:51 pm

Post by Amihan »

Does anyone want to talk with me about anything actually important? This already feels like a 20 page game just by how far behind I am after only a day away. And I can't afford much more time.
Amihan
Amihan
Goon
Amihan
Goon
Goon

Post Post #303 (isolation #15) » Tue Feb 23, 2016 7:54 pm

Post by Amihan »

In post 292, Aeronaut wrote:For example, Amihan is being p aggressive in some places, but it really doesn't feel like scum-theatre aggressive, more like "i'm pissed off because everyone's voting me for my first post" aggressive.

Why does everyone always say this... I'm actually just playing the game. I'm not like, purposely trying to make anyone upset to get on some high or something. This looks like a mix of some weak discredit and pushaway so you don't have to deal with me today.

The effort, formatting included, in Aero's constant barrage of posts is rubbing me the wrong way too, but I'm pretty sure that's more paranoia. It just seems kind of literally incredible that town would want to legitimately catch up with that much effort here, but I'm sure it's somehow possible. I generally like what he's saying... but I don't really want to because then it sets a bar for explanation.

I still like my camn vote so I'm not switching. Also not switching because a quick reassessment finds my Aero opinions too weak for comfort. Will wait and see.
Amihan
Amihan
Goon
Amihan
Goon
Goon

Post Post #304 (isolation #16) » Tue Feb 23, 2016 7:56 pm

Post by Amihan »

What's with the Trollie votes? This feels like one of those early lynch options that starts as a joke but then gets serious just because scum or bad town see it as a convenient point of focus.
Amihan
Amihan
Goon
Amihan
Goon
Goon

Post Post #306 (isolation #17) » Tue Feb 23, 2016 8:00 pm

Post by Amihan »

No you were calling me "Town for Today". Big difference.

I'm not interested in a man who can't commit.
Amihan
Amihan
Goon
Amihan
Goon
Goon

Post Post #309 (isolation #18) » Tue Feb 23, 2016 8:04 pm

Post by Amihan »

http://forum.mafiascum.net/viewtopic.ph ... er_sort=Go

When you consider the fact that post length does not determine alignment, you come off as a lot worse and a lot less honest-sounding in these. I don't even need to read deeply into them to see that.
Amihan
Amihan
Goon
Amihan
Goon
Goon

Post Post #314 (isolation #19) » Tue Feb 23, 2016 8:21 pm

Post by Amihan »

In post 312, camn wrote:I would simply recommend actually trying to read deeply. That's the better way to catch scum, IMO.

You think you're being funny but a lot of the time when people are town, they're obviously town. Just quickly putting yourself in someone's position is easy and effective in reading them. And this isn't actually addressing anything but dismissing my read and continuing on with whatever your game plan is here.
Amihan
Amihan
Goon
Amihan
Goon
Goon

Post Post #329 (isolation #20) » Wed Feb 24, 2016 6:20 am

Post by Amihan »

...Okay.

There was someone who mentioned multiball. Searching now.
Amihan
Amihan
Goon
Amihan
Goon
Goon

Post Post #330 (isolation #21) » Wed Feb 24, 2016 6:20 am

Post by Amihan »

In post 257, Aneninen wrote:
In post 226, RadiantCowbells wrote:I think that Adenine's scum.
I'll try to make a case on him.

If you weren't scumreading me at least once per game, I'd think you'd been abducted by aliens and all I was playing was a replica of you.

In post 242, TheLoneWolf wrote:Yes I'm voting people who have voted Trolliel, currently camn, because I think he's in his careless town state of mind. I believe this is being exploited by ambitious scum.

Either this, or Trollie is scum, or both (Trollie's scum and another scum is Bussing him or it's Multiball, etc).
I want to figure it out somehow, and I need some time for that.

In post 252, TheTrollie wrote:i changed my mind. I don't need you to explain anything.

I <3 u just the way you are ;)

WTF.

________

In general, I don't get the "interaction pattern" of the players at all. I can see at least three possible scenarios, but all of them would be based upon partner speculations. Camn, Trollie, RC – at least one of them must be scum and I know it's pretty much no-content.

PERFECT.

VOTE: Aneninen
Amihan
Amihan
Goon
Amihan
Goon
Goon

Post Post #331 (isolation #22) » Wed Feb 24, 2016 6:25 am

Post by Amihan »

The multiball comment is at the center of this now. As short a line as it is, it's not a weak indicator of scum at all.

For the record, this is all presuming Venmar is telling the truth, and I don't think he would have any incentive to lie about this. It also helps me justify to myself why I seem to have so few townreads as compared to scumreads.

Return to “Completed Mini Theme Games”