Mini 1768: Detective Conan Mafia (Game Over: Town Wins)

Not_Mafia
Not_Mafia
Smash Hit
Not_Mafia
Smash Hit
Smash Hit

Post Post #650 (ISO) » Fri Mar 04, 2016 9:33 am

Post by Not_Mafia »

Lynch randomly and hope for the best
Also, what is NM doing? Worst play I’ve ever seen.
I can't remember the last N_M post that wasn't bland, unimaginative and lame. Some shitposters are at least somewhat funny. You are the epitomy of the type of poster that nobody would miss if you were to suddenly disappear. You never add anything of value.
I'm guessing you haven't read the game and probably never will? Why even sign up to play?
Radical Rat
Radical Rat
They/Them
Jack of All Trades
Radical Rat
They/Them
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Pronoun: They/Them

Post Post #651 (ISO) » Fri Mar 04, 2016 9:52 am

Post by Radical Rat »

I'm sorry, but I refuse to live in a state of perpetual RVS. I refuse to let the fate of our Town rest in the hands of fate.

I recognize that you are far more experienced than I am, but I play Mafia for the strategy and the thought and the dramatic turnabouts.

To play by simply random lynching and hoping is to spit in the face of Maria's spirit, and I won't stand for it.

VOTE: Not_Mafia
Not_Mafia
Not_Mafia
Smash Hit
Not_Mafia
Smash Hit
Smash Hit

Post Post #652 (ISO) » Fri Mar 04, 2016 9:53 am

Post by Not_Mafia »

Scum Soren had little reason to quick hammer there, he had no way to anticipate the strength of Barn's claim and there was no obvious candidate for an alternate lynch, town quick hammers are a reality and they shouldn't even denied just because they don't fit the standard town playbook
I can't remember the last N_M post that wasn't bland, unimaginative and lame. Some shitposters are at least somewhat funny. You are the epitomy of the type of poster that nobody would miss if you were to suddenly disappear. You never add anything of value.
I'm guessing you haven't read the game and probably never will? Why even sign up to play?
Phoenix Wright
Phoenix Wright
Goon
Phoenix Wright
Goon
Goon

Post Post #653 (ISO) » Fri Mar 04, 2016 10:31 am

Post by Phoenix Wright »

In post 652, Not_Mafia wrote:Scum Soren had little reason to quick hammer there, he had no way to anticipate the strength of Barn's claim and there was no obvious candidate for an alternate lynch, town quick hammers are a reality and they shouldn't even denied just because they don't fit the standard town playbook

There was no need for a quick hammer. It's not like we were running out of time
Firebringer
Firebringer
Trail Blazer
Firebringer
Trail Blazer
Trail Blazer

Post Post #654 (ISO) » Fri Mar 04, 2016 10:33 am

Post by Firebringer »

In post 651, Radical Rat wrote:I'm sorry, but I refuse to live in a state of perpetual RVS. I refuse to let the fate of our Town rest in the hands of fate.

I recognize that you are far more experienced than I am, but I play Mafia for the strategy and the thought and the dramatic turnabouts.

To play by simply random lynching and hoping is to spit in the face of Maria's spirit, and I won't stand for it.

Lazy vote by a lazy scum.
Show
"You are the Joker of mafia players" - Oversoul
"last time I was scum with Firebringer
his first post in the scum PT was "yes I rolled scum!"
I decided to post "haha just don't post that in the main thread", but to get up to date on the main thread first.

His first post in the main thread was "yes I rolled scum!" -popsofctown
Not_Mafia
Not_Mafia
Smash Hit
Not_Mafia
Smash Hit
Smash Hit

Post Post #655 (ISO) » Fri Mar 04, 2016 10:33 am

Post by Not_Mafia »

That's not a counterargument
Not_Mafia
Not_Mafia
Smash Hit
Not_Mafia
Smash Hit
Smash Hit

Post Post #656 (ISO) » Fri Mar 04, 2016 10:34 am

Post by Not_Mafia »

That was @Nick
Not_Mafia
Not_Mafia
Smash Hit
Not_Mafia
Smash Hit
Smash Hit

Post Post #657 (ISO) » Fri Mar 04, 2016 10:34 am

Post by Not_Mafia »

In post 654, Firebringer wrote:
In post 651, Radical Rat wrote:I'm sorry, but I refuse to live in a state of perpetual RVS. I refuse to let the fate of our Town rest in the hands of fate.

Lazy vote by a lazy scum.

Join me
Phoenix Wright
Phoenix Wright
Goon
Phoenix Wright
Goon
Goon

Post Post #658 (ISO) » Fri Mar 04, 2016 10:39 am

Post by Phoenix Wright »

In post 655, Not_Mafia wrote:That's not a counterargument

I don't understand why you're defending Soren so hard. Have they given you a reason to?
Not_Mafia
Not_Mafia
Smash Hit
Not_Mafia
Smash Hit
Smash Hit

Post Post #659 (ISO) » Fri Mar 04, 2016 10:44 am

Post by Not_Mafia »

Also, not a counterargument
Radical Rat
Radical Rat
They/Them
Jack of All Trades
Radical Rat
They/Them
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Pronoun: They/Them

Post Post #660 (ISO) » Fri Mar 04, 2016 10:44 am

Post by Radical Rat »

Thank you, Mr. Mafia

UNVOTE:

I still don't like Soren, but that's the first solid post from Not_Mafia all game.
Phoenix Wright
Phoenix Wright
Goon
Phoenix Wright
Goon
Goon

Post Post #661 (ISO) » Fri Mar 04, 2016 10:46 am

Post by Phoenix Wright »

In post 659, Not_Mafia wrote:Also, not a counterargument

I wasn't trying to make one. I just want you to answer that question.
Firebringer
Firebringer
Trail Blazer
Firebringer
Trail Blazer
Trail Blazer

Post Post #662 (ISO) » Fri Mar 04, 2016 10:47 am

Post by Firebringer »

In post 657, Not_Mafia wrote:Join me

I was voting Radical Rat before it was cool mate.
Show
"You are the Joker of mafia players" - Oversoul
"last time I was scum with Firebringer
his first post in the scum PT was "yes I rolled scum!"
I decided to post "haha just don't post that in the main thread", but to get up to date on the main thread first.

His first post in the main thread was "yes I rolled scum!" -popsofctown
A Real Scourge
A Real Scourge
Goon
A Real Scourge
Goon
Goon

Post Post #663 (ISO) » Fri Mar 04, 2016 10:49 am

Post by A Real Scourge »

In post 652, Not_Mafia wrote:Scum Soren had little reason to quick hammer there, he had no way to anticipate the strength of Barn's claim and there was no obvious candidate for an alternate lynch, town quick hammers are a reality and they shouldn't even denied just because they don't fit the standard town playbook

we didn't know Barn's role, but Soren was in a position to make sure the lynch went through before he had a chance to claim. it would have been bad for the scum for the lynch to move somewhere else because of a possible claim. so, yes, there's scum motivation.

yeah, town does it, but Soren's first response to me saying something about it was that i wouldn't have said that if Barn had flipped vanilla town, except i would have, and then later he's just said that Barn looked like scum, and still hasn't actually explained why he didn't wait for the claim, and he defends what he did. why are you defending that so much? all Soren's done this game is quickhammer, and argue with garmr.

i can't believe this is the same site that says scum won't quickhammer, because it's a scum claim, then lets it slide whenever quickhammering actually happens. Soren's been here since 2014, he could have easily known that. if you treat quickhammering like a towntell, then scum are going to do it. :(
All hail the king, baby.

avatar by drawloverlala on tumblr.
A Real Scourge
A Real Scourge
Goon
A Real Scourge
Goon
Goon

Post Post #664 (ISO) » Fri Mar 04, 2016 10:51 am

Post by A Real Scourge »

In post 660, Radical Rat wrote:Thank you, Mr. Mafia

UNVOTE:

I still don't like Soren, but that's the first solid post from Not_Mafia all game.

i really disagree, but i've already explained why. i'm surprised you're fine with that, and aren't wondering why Not_Mafia's "first solid post" was made to defend Soren of all people.
All hail the king, baby.

Not_Mafia
Not_Mafia
Smash Hit
Not_Mafia
Smash Hit
Smash Hit

Post Post #665 (ISO) » Fri Mar 04, 2016 10:54 am

Post by Not_Mafia »

There are town quickhammers and there are scum quickhammers, this looks like a town quickhammer to me, I think the wagon is on town so I'm arguing against it
Phoenix Wright
Phoenix Wright
Goon
Phoenix Wright
Goon
Goon

Post Post #666 (ISO) » Fri Mar 04, 2016 11:00 am

Post by Phoenix Wright »

Why do you townread Soren?
A Real Scourge
A Real Scourge
Goon
A Real Scourge
Goon
Goon

Post Post #667 (ISO) » Fri Mar 04, 2016 11:00 am

Post by A Real Scourge »

explain why it looks like a town hammer, and what the difference between a scum and town quickhammer is.
All hail the king, baby.

Not_Mafia
Not_Mafia
Smash Hit
Not_Mafia
Smash Hit
Smash Hit

Post Post #668 (ISO) » Fri Mar 04, 2016 11:00 am

Post by Not_Mafia »

A Real Scourge
A Real Scourge
Goon
A Real Scourge
Goon
Goon

Post Post #669 (ISO) » Fri Mar 04, 2016 11:05 am

Post by A Real Scourge »

dude i already replied to that post, you didn't address it.
with no claim, and a theme game, and two roles already outed that weren't a risk to scum (arguably, Turtles' double vote is, but it's not nightkillable), there was a possibility of the garmr wagon being dismantled from a possible claim. i've explained the scum motivation.
no obvious candidate for an alternate lynch means a risk for scum. it could be any one of the three of them, potentially. why not just quickhammer and get rid of all those variables? i mean, there was nothing in Barn's iso, he was scummy, and the lynch could be defended against because Barn had been so absent when the heat came on him.

no reason for scum to hesitate, and reasons to make the hammer. please reply to that. 'scum had no reason to do it' is super weak honestly
All hail the king, baby.

Not_Mafia
Not_Mafia
Smash Hit
Not_Mafia
Smash Hit
Smash Hit

Post Post #670 (ISO) » Fri Mar 04, 2016 11:09 am

Post by Not_Mafia »

That ws meant to be in response to Nick, I didn't see your post
A Real Scourge
A Real Scourge
Goon
A Real Scourge
Goon
Goon

Post Post #671 (ISO) » Fri Mar 04, 2016 11:11 am

Post by A Real Scourge »

oh alright
All hail the king, baby.

Not_Mafia
Not_Mafia
Smash Hit
Not_Mafia
Smash Hit
Smash Hit

Post Post #672 (ISO) » Fri Mar 04, 2016 11:12 am

Post by Not_Mafia »

In post 669, A Real Scourge wrote:no obvious candidate for an alternate lynch means a risk for scum. it could be any one of the three of them, potentially. why not just quickhammer and get rid of all those variables? i mean, there was nothing in Barn's iso, he was scummy, and the lynch could be defended against because Barn had been so absent when the heat came on him.

no reason for scum to hesitate, and reasons to make the hammer. please reply to that. 'scum had no reason to do it' is super weak honestly

It also means scum have the chance to redirect it, all scum Soren would get out of this is negative attention, especially with a very new playerlist, this lynch effort was very easy to anticipate
A Real Scourge
A Real Scourge
Goon
A Real Scourge
Goon
Goon

Post Post #673 (ISO) » Fri Mar 04, 2016 11:16 am

Post by A Real Scourge »

keyword is 'chance' to redirect it. why take that chance?

actually, Soren has not once said he made a bad decision there. if town!Soren thinks that what he did is totally reasonable, then scum!Soren should also think it was reasonable. :/

who should we lynch today if not him? Radical Rat?
All hail the king, baby.

Tails
Tails
Goon
Tails
Goon
Goon

Post Post #674 (ISO) » Fri Mar 04, 2016 11:17 am

Post by Tails »

I'm alive! Woot!

Vote Kain