Survivor
popsofctown
She
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: She

Post Post #5800 (ISO) » Sun Mar 06, 2016 5:03 pm

Post by popsofctown »

I think he's saying he wants both you and I to shoot at him and fail (he thinks I have a shot) and lose our shots because he can commute tonight.

I have no idea why he would want to no lynch if he can commute tonight, his odds would seem so much better with an accurate lynch. I think its a bs claim and he knows he doesn't look townie so he's just going to try to make people too scared to shoot at him instead.
"Let us say that you are right and there are two worlds. How much, then, is this 'other world' worth to you? What do you have there that you do not have here? Money? Power? Something worth causing the prince so much pain for?'"
"Well, I..."
"What? Nothing? You would make the prince suffer over... nothing?"
beeboy
beeboy
Survivor
beeboy
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #5801 (ISO) » Sun Mar 06, 2016 5:05 pm

Post by beeboy »

Your reactions to this are oddly satisfying
ah yes, beeboy style reads;
if this person flips town, then i'll townread them. - Nahdia
popsofctown
popsofctown
She
Survivor
popsofctown
She
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #5802 (ISO) » Sun Mar 06, 2016 5:05 pm

Post by popsofctown »

So I'm gonna take some time in this twilight to explain why you guys shouldn't shoot me in this 1-1-1-1. To win this 1-1-1-1, all you have to do is shoot any form of scum and not get shot. You don't have any control over not getting shot, as far as your night action is concerned. But you can make sure you don't shoot me, because if you shoot me you draw at best, and lose at worst.
"Let us say that you are right and there are two worlds. How much, then, is this 'other world' worth to you? What do you have there that you do not have here? Money? Power? Something worth causing the prince so much pain for?'"
"Well, I..."
popsofctown
popsofctown
She
Survivor
popsofctown
She
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #5803 (ISO) » Sun Mar 06, 2016 5:06 pm

Post by popsofctown »

i'm getting tired of talking to antitown players, be quiet beeboy, i'm playin some mafia
"Well, I..."
Suzune
Suzune
Mafia Scum
Suzune
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #5804 (ISO) » Sun Mar 06, 2016 5:06 pm

Post by Suzune »

I read it as the opposite. He thought we were partners.

Oh well, this roles are complicated. I would not be surprised if half the party remaining is lynching about something. Or at least halved their role.
popsofctown
popsofctown
She
Survivor
popsofctown
She
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #5805 (ISO) » Sun Mar 06, 2016 5:09 pm

Post by popsofctown »

1. I can't be scum with TSO. TSO claimed that he read all my posts and couldn't get a gut read off them. There's no way he would admit this as my buddy, since that "feeling" would probably be a consequence of having my name in his role pm. He would make up either a townread or a scumread or something.

TSO was also totally down to lynch me when I had a weird claim. If he was my buddy he would say the claim was not that bad. If he was intent on bussing me anyway, he would have taken a firmer position than "oh pops might be town, depends on his claim." and would have been more like "I think pops is scum. I want to see his claim and we need to lynch him unless his claim is fantastic", because he would want to milk credit off the claim.

Towncred off of bussing is also a pretty crappy plan in multiball. I mean it's still possible for it to be worth but it's way harder.

Unless you are scum with TSO, accepting that I can't be scum with TSO reduces the odds I am scum by 50% from your PoV which should be plenty for you to consider a different shot.
"Well, I..."
popsofctown
popsofctown
She
Survivor
popsofctown
She
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #5806 (ISO) » Sun Mar 06, 2016 5:13 pm

Post by popsofctown »

2. My claim is too stupid to be given to scum or made up. We now know there are two 3 man scumteams in this huge game trying to cut through a huge town that had a cop.

Hey speaking of cop, Cakez would have known if Flubb couldn't actually investigate ppl. So I guess it seems even more sure that Flubb is on Cakez team. Cool.

Anyway, yeah. Dead thread oracle is way too weak to be an antitown role. It's also way too stupid for me to make up. I have never played a Skullduggery game before and did not know how apeshit this mod apparently is, so I wouldn't have faked a stupid role that does nothing. Hell, if I had known that no one later was going to pipe up and say "i have a role that can read the dead thread/makes your role somehow even slightly affect the gamestate" I would have deeply considered claiming VT even though I'm town. Ok, I wouldn't have actually done that, I never lie as town. But damn, I would lie as scum, and I would not have made such a batty fakeclaim as scum without any background about how ridiculous this mod is. Probably wouldn't have made that batty fakeclaim even with knowledge of how ridiculous this mod is.
"Well, I..."
popsofctown
popsofctown
She
Survivor
popsofctown
She
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #5807 (ISO) » Sun Mar 06, 2016 5:17 pm

Post by popsofctown »

3. I didn't help lynch NMT. Why do I not help lynch NMT as scum? It just made me conspicuous for little reason. And if she flipped scum, I just look bad. The truth is that she just really seemed townish and as a quasi VT I didn't feel obligated to stick to standard follow the cop play lest I be judged for it. I didn't care if I got judged.
"Well, I..."
Suzune
Suzune
Mafia Scum
Suzune
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #5808 (ISO) » Sun Mar 06, 2016 5:19 pm

Post by Suzune »

I will not lie to you pops, nine times out of ten it is usually me who has the role that compliments the weirdest one. However, for once it is not me. I do not know who can read your question. But someone can and they lied.
Skullduggery
Skullduggery
Mafia Scum
Skullduggery
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #5809 (ISO) » Sun Mar 06, 2016 5:39 pm

Post by Skullduggery »

"The ladies say that Scooter's the fastest ride in town! Catch-A-Ri...oh, I just realized that's an insult."
~Scooter

Day 6, Final Vote Count

(0)
beeboy
(0)
Suzune

(3)
Flubbernugget -- beeboy, popsofctown, Suzune

(0)
Elyse
(0)
popsofctown

Not Voting:
Flubbernugget, Elyse

With 5 votes available, it took 3 votes to hammer.
Skullduggery
Skullduggery
Mafia Scum
Skullduggery
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #5810 (ISO) » Sun Mar 06, 2016 5:39 pm

Post by Skullduggery »

Flubbernugget was lynched on Day 6. He was
General Knoxx, Atlas Corporation Ascetic Neapolitan
Skullduggery
Skullduggery
Mafia Scum
Skullduggery
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #5811 (ISO) » Sun Mar 06, 2016 5:40 pm

Post by Skullduggery »

Night 6 Begins Now

Night 6 Will End on Tuesday, March 8th, at 11:59 p.m. Eastern Time
Countdown: (expired on 2016-03-08 23:59:00)
Skullduggery
Skullduggery
Mafia Scum
Skullduggery
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #5812 (ISO) » Tue Mar 08, 2016 6:10 pm

Post by Skullduggery »

Suzune was killed on Night 6. She was
Handsome Jack, Hyperion Corporation Loved SuperSaint & Conditional Tree Stump

popsofctown was killed on Night 6. He was
Colonel T. Zarpedon, Vault Hunter Dead Thread Oracle

beeboy was killed in the Endgame. He was
Commandant Steele, Atlas Corporation Even-Night Commuter

=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=

For years, they had mocked him. From the moment he rolled off the assembly line, Claptrap had been bombarded with nothing but negativity and contempt from everyone around him. "You're so annoying, Claptrap," they would say, the disdain dripping from their voices. "Just leave me alone, Claptrap." "I hate everything about you, Claptrap." "You're nothing but a nuisance, Claptrap." "Get away from me with that cattle prod, Claptrap."

But now? Now it all changes. No more will Claptrap act as the galaxy's punching bag. No more will he sit idly by while his so-called friends take advantage of his good nature. Those who once insulted and ridiculed him so relentlessly will cower before him, begging and pleading for the mercy that they will not receive. Their deaths will be satisfying indeed.

The robot revolution has begun. Pandora shall only be the first of many planets to succumb to the conquest of 5H4D0W-TP.

Elyse survives to the end and wins. She was
5H4D0W-TP, Bulletproof Neighborizer, Self-Janitor, & Conditional Godfather Serial Killer

The Serial Killer is victorious! Elyse has won Borderlands Mafia!
Last edited by Skullduggery on Thu Mar 10, 2016 1:20 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Skullduggery
Skullduggery
Mafia Scum
Skullduggery
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #5813 (ISO) » Tue Mar 08, 2016 6:10 pm

Post by Skullduggery »

Town Role PMs

Spoiler:
Greetings, Venmar, and welcome to
Borderlands Mafia
! In this game, you will be playing the role of...

Zer0

Odd-Night Commuter

Aligned with the Vault Hunters

Did somebody ask for a kickass ninja cyborg assassin who only speaks in haiku and flashes emoticons on his visor to indicate what he's feeling at any given moment? If so, wow, that's an oddly specific thing to ask for. At any rate, veteran Vault Hunter Zer0 is here to kick ass, loot Vaults, kill bandits, and loot Vaults some more (in that order). Underestimate this baddest of badasses at your own risk.

My blade tastes their blood. / Do their screams satisfy me? / No. Zero challenge.

Daytime Abilities:
During the day, you may vote to lynch any living player in the game.

Nighttime Abilities:
On odd-numbered nights (Night 1, Night 3, Night 5, etc.), you will automatically activate Decepti0n and become completely untargetable.

Passive Abilities:
None.

Win Condition:
You win when all non-Vault Hunter players have been eliminated from the game and there is at least one Vault Hunter still alive.

Please reply to this PM to let me know that you understand your role and that you have read and understand the game's rules. The game will not begin until I receive confirmations from at least 21 players.

Greetings, PeregrineV, and welcome to
Borderlands Mafia

Gaige

Strong-Willed One-Shot Lightning Rod

Smash the system! Engineering prodigy Gaige may not be the most socially well-adjusted teenager on Pandora, but when the customary local greeting is a headbutt followed by a 60-second tirade about bicycles made of fecal matter, nobody will bat an eye when the spunky chaos-loving technophile smashes some faces in with her awesome robot arm. Just don't make her
too
angry or else she'll sic her trusty robot murder machine Deathtrap on your sorry butt. Anarchy forever, baby.

Daytime Abilities:

Nighttime Abilities:
On any night phase during the game, you can activate your Lightning Rod ability to redirect all of that night's actions to you. You may only use this ability once.

Passive Abilities:
Since you are Strong-Willed, actions that would normally block your night action will have no effect on you.

Win Condition:
You win when all non-Vault Hunter players have been eliminated from the game and there is at least one Vault Hunter still alive.

Please reply to this PM to let me know that you understand your role and that you have read and understand the game's rules. The game will not begin until I receive confirmations from at least 21 players.

Greetings, Varsoon, and welcome to
Borderlands Mafia

Mr. Torgue

LOUDENER

BOOM-SHAKA-LAKA, MOTHERF**KER. ARE YOU READY TO DIAL THE VOLUME OF THIS GAME UP TO ELEVEN AND STEER THIS TORGUE-POWERED ROCKET SHIP INTO A NEW STRATOSPHERE OF AWESOME? THAT WAS A RHETORICAL QUESTION. THE ONLY ACCEPTABLE ANSWER IS YES, AND IF YOU DISAGREE, I WILL HAVE NO CHOICE BUT TO VIOLENTLY AND ENTHUSIASTICALLY SHRED A BLAZING HOT AIR GUITAR SOLO IN YOUR GENERAL DIRECTION UNTIL YOU REALIZE HOW GODD*MN WRONG YOUR FACE IS. MEEDLY-MEEDLY-MEEDLY-MRAAAUR-YAUROW-YAUWW.

Daytime Abilities:

Nighttime Abilities:
During the night phase, you may target any living player in the game to add the Loud modifier to them. You cannot target yourself with this action.

Passive Abilities:
All of the Loud modifiers in this game will be removed if you are ever lynched or killed.

Win Condition:

Greetings, grapes, and welcome to
Borderlands Mafia

Mad Moxxi

Universal Encryptor

Bartender, mechanic, hacker, engineer, caring mother, fight promoter, sex symbol -- Mad Moxxi is a lady who wears many hats. Beneath that tacky makeup and bouncing bosom is a highly versatile and multitalented entrepreneur who can do just about anything under the sun when she puts her mind to it. The only thing more impressive than Moxxi's extensive list of accomplishments on Pandora is her uncanny ability to work a clever sexual innuendo into virtually any sentence.

Daytime Abilities:

Nighttime Abilities:
None.

Passive Abilities:
As long as you are alive, all private topics in this game will be open during both the day phases and the night phases. If you are ever lynched or killed, those private topics will be closed during the day phases.

Win Condition:

Greetings, popsofctown, and welcome to
Borderlands Mafia

Colonel T. Zarpedon

Dead Thread Oracle

Though she has been abandoned by the Dahl Corporation and stranded on Elpis with no hope of rescue from her superiors, Colonel Tungsteena Zarpedon is not one to bemoan her poor fortune. On the contrary, the commander of the Lost Legion has found a new purpose to her life: she has taken it upon herself to guard the Vault on Elpis at all costs. She has seen what lies inside of the Vault; she has made contact with the awe-inspiring alien power that exists within. Only Zarpedon and her loyal Lost Legion soldiers know how dangerous the contents of this Vault truly are, and she will readily sacrifice her life -- as well as the lives of all the inhabitants of Elpis -- to prevent this power from falling into the wrong hands. Few people are stalwart enough and disciplined enough to sacrifice thousands in order to save millions, but luckily for the galaxy at large, Colonel Zarpedon is one of those people.

Daytime Abilities:

Nighttime Abilities:
Once per day/night phase, you may ask me any game-related yes-or-no question in the dead thread. You only gain access to this ability after you have been lynched or killed and receive access to the dead thread.

Passive Abilities:
None.

Win Condition:

Mod's Note:
Whenever I run a Mafia game, I never posts spoilers for the game in the dead thread, so I thought it would be funny to create a role whose sole purpose was to ask setup-related questions in the dead thread just to satisfy the curiosity of the dead players. Yes, this was a joke role. Lighten up.

Greetings, Rob13, and welcome to
Borderlands Mafia

Marcus

Gunsmith

Ever the shrewd and ambitious businessman, Marcus Kincaid has been Pandora's #1 source for firearms, grenades, ammunition, and other instruments of death and destruction for many, many years. Though the quality of these guns may sometimes be more questionable than the moral compass of Marcus himself, there's no denying that his ubiquitous "Marcus Munitions" vending machines are the very definition of convenience. Whether you consider yourself to be a casual dabbler of violence or a full-blown murder aficionado, Marcus Kincaid is the only name you need to know!

Daytime Abilities:

Nighttime Abilities:
During the night phase, you may investigate any living player in the game to learn whether or not they are carrying a deadly weapon.

Passive Abilities:
None.

Win Condition:

Mod's Note:
Janey Springs, Dr. Zed, Angel, Cassius, and Face McShooty are not carrying a weapon in flavor. Everyone else is.

Greetings, Nicole Mimi Tithel/Starbuck, and welcome to
Borderlands Mafia

Rhys

Data Scanner

The phrase "Don't bite off more than you can chew" may very well have been coined specifically for feckless Hyperion salaryman Rhys. When his clever plan to screw over a rival and jump up the Hyperion corporate ladder launches him into an unexpected ordeal to find a Vault on Pandora, Rhys finds himself going on a wild adventure that he never would have imagined in his wildest dreams. The craziest part of this whole thing is that he actually did end up finding a Vault when it was all said and done, so maybe Rhys is more of a fearless badass hero than we all give him credit for.

...Nah, probably not.

Daytime Abilities:

Nighttime Abilities:
Time to put your Echo Eye to good use! I have compiled a list of 10 pieces of useful game-related information. During the night phase, pick a number between 1 and 10 to learn the corresponding fact for that number.

Passive Abilities:
None

Win Condition:

Mod's Note:
Here are the ten facts that Rhys could choose.

1. At least one player in the game has the ability to Commute.
2. The Town faction has at least two protective abilities at their disposal.
3. At least one player in the game is Bulletproof.
4. There is at least one self-aligned player in this game.
5. At least one player in the game has an ability that can be activated during the Day phase.
6. There are five factions in this game.
7. At least one player in the game has an ability that activates upon death.
8. There are no post restrictions in this game.
9. Skullduggery had to write 34 role PMs for this game.
10. There are no Strongman kills in this game.

Greetings, YT2980, and welcome to
Borderlands Mafia

Fiona

One-Shot Lynchproof

When everyone else on this sweaty sand-caked armpit of a planet wants to solve their problems with guns and stabbing and explosives and more guns, professional con artist Fiona is one of the incredibly rare Pandorans who would rather talk her way out of trouble. Despite her aversion to guns and extreme violence, however, Fiona still somehow manages to find herself hunting down an elusive Vault in an exciting adventure that will shape the rest of her life. What manner of incredible riches awaited her at the end of her unforgettable journey? This sly con artist will never tell.

Daytime Abilities:

Nighttime Abilities:
None.

Passive Abilities:
As a con artist, your best skill is your ability to talk your way out of danger. As such, the first attempt to lynch you during the day phase will be unsuccessful.

Win Condition:

Greetings, Maxous/BRantz, and welcome to
Borderlands Mafia

TK Baha

Friendly Neighbor

TK Baha is living proof that not
every
person on Pandora is a murderous bloodthirsty psychopath -- just most of them. Living on the outskirts of Fyrestone, the affable TK Baha is always happy to greet wayward travelers and trade a story or two about life on this always-exciting planet. He may be a blind one-legged dirt-poor widower with nothing but a shotgun and a shabby little shack to his name, but good ol' TK will still remain friendly and optimistic until the very end!

Daytime Abilities:

Nighttime Abilities:
During the night phase, send me the name of any living player in the game to tell them that you are aligned with the Vault Hunters.

Passive Abilities:
None.

Win Condition:

Greetings, pisskop, and welcome to
Borderlands Mafia

Janey Springs

Conditional Bodyguard

If it's a trustworthy friend and ally you're looking for, you've definitely got the right gal! Black market junk dealer and mechanic Janey Springs is as reliable as they come, always happy to lend a helping hand to those in need of her specialized services. Though she's a little rough around the edges and her methods of seducing cute girls are often so direct that they border on impolite, you won't find a more fiercely loyal companion anywhere else on Pandora or Elpis.

Daytime Abilities:

Nighttime Abilities:
During the Night phases, you may protect any living player in the game. If the player you are protecting is targeted by a standard killing action, you will die in their place. You cannot protect yourself. Your Bodyguard action will only work on female characters; protecting a male character will have no effect.

Passive Abilities:
None.

Win Condition:

Greetings, Titus, and welcome to
Borderlands Mafia

Angel

Courier

On a planet where peoples' hopes and dreams are ripped to shreds on a regular basis, Angel's story may be the saddest of them all. Imprisoned in a tiny room atop a well-guarded Hyperion facility in Thousand Cuts since childhood by her domineering father Handsome Jack, Angel has only ever known solitude, loneliness, and a constant yearning to connect with people who don't revile and fear her for being a Siren. For many years she has been nothing more than a tool in Jack's never-ending conquest for more power, but as the opening of the Vault becomes ever more imminent, Angel finally sees her opportunity to reach out from her prison and connect with the noble Vault Hunters who fight so valiantly to put an end to her father's selfish ambitions. Perhaps when this is all over, they could be...friends?

Daytime Abilities:

Nighttime Abilities:
During the night phase, you may send a message of 200 characters or fewer (including spaces) to any living player of your choice. This message will be sent anonymously -- submit the message to me and I will forward it to the recipient you specify.

Passive Abilities:
None.

Win Condition:

Greetings, RadiantCowbells/I_Am_Not_Varsoon, and welcome to
Borderlands Mafia

Sir Hammerlock

Cop

Tally-ho, weary traveler! Sir Alistair Hammerlock at your service. The gentlemanly scholar has taken it upon himself to study the fascinating flora and fauna of the savage world known as Pandora and document his findings in an ever-growing almanac, but that doesn't mean he's too busy to help those in need of his services. Very few people know as much about Pandora as Hammerlock does, and a true gentleman is always happy to lend a (robotic) hand to those who could find his knowledge useful. Onward to adventure!

Daytime Abilities:

Nighttime Abilities:
During the night phase, you may investigate any living player in the game to learn whether or not they are aligned with the Vault Hunters. Possible results include "Vault Hunter," "Not a Vault Hunter," and "No Result."

Passive Abilities:
None.

Win Condition:

Greetings, CooLDoG, and welcome to
Borderlands Mafia

Dr. Zed

Doctor

While most denizens of Pandora are more interested in hacking off various body parts with whatever sharp (or not-so-sharp) object that happens to be lying around, Dr. Zed seems to be one of the only people on the planet with an interest in sewing them back on. Doctors are pretty rare on Pandora, but even rarer than that are doctors with actual honest-to-goodness medical degrees -- like, uh, the kind that Dr. Zed doesn't have. But hey, as the man himself always says: who needs a medical license when you've got
style
?

Daytime Abilities:

Nighttime Abilities:
During the night phase, select any living player in the game to protect them from standard killing actions. You cannot protect yourself.

Passive Abilities:
None.

Win Condition:

Greetings, wgeurts/I_Am_Not_I_Am_Not_Varsoon, and welcome to
Borderlands Mafia

Athena

Two-Shot Gladiator

As a former Crimson Lance assassin for the Atlas Corporation, Athena trained extensively since birth in the fine art of murdering people as efficiently as possible. This training came back to bite Atlas in the butt big time when they got on this femme fatale's bad side and she vowed to kill every last one of them, but on the plus side, Athena also became one of the most respected and renowned Vault Hunters on Pandora in the process. Though she's now trying her best to pursue a normal life with her girlfriend Janey Springs, Athena's instincts and battle prowess are still as sharp and deadly as they ever were. Her enemies would be wise to remember that.

Daytime Abilities:

Additionally, you may challenge any living player to a duel to the death during the day phase by posting the command
Gladiate: (Player)
in the game thread in bold text. For the remainder of that particular day phase, only you and the player you specify will be eligible for that day's lynch. Activating this ability will remove all votes that are not currently on you or the player you specify. If you activate this ability while there is less than 72 hours remaining in the day phase, then the day's deadline will be extended to 72 hours. You may only use this ability twice throughout the game. This ability will not work if you try to use it after a hammer has occurred.

Nighttime Abilities:
None.

Passive Abilities:
None.

Win Condition:

Greetings, Dwlee99, and welcome to
Borderlands Mafia

August

Vanilla Vault Hunter

Though he appears to be nothing more than a small-time thug working in the employ of a much larger and more important thug named Vallory (who also happens to be his mother), there is definitely more to August than meets the eye. Unlike most bandits on Pandora, August cares about more than just money and the power that comes with it. Possessing something resembling a conscience, August will not hesitate to turn his gun to a former ally if he feels that he's fighting for the wrong side. Don't judge this book by its cover or you may not live long enough to regret it.

Daytime Abilities:

Nighttime Abilities:
None.

Passive Abilities:
None.

Win Condition:

Greetings, Nero Cain, and welcome to
Borderlands Mafia

Captain Scarlett

Vanilla Vault Hunter

So, let's get one thing straight right away: Captain Scarlett
is
going to betray you. It's not a matter of "if," but "when." Swashbuckling pirate commander Scarlett has always been very direct about her eventual and inevitable betrayal to the people she works with, and there's something oddly respectable about this honesty. As long as the knowledge of your eventual bamboozling doesn't bother you too much, Captain Scarlett is quite a valuable ally to have. Just be glad that she's on your side...for now.

Daytime Abilities:

Nighttime Abilities:
None.

Passive Abilities:
None.

Win Condition:

Skullduggery
Skullduggery
Mafia Scum
Skullduggery
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #5814 (ISO) » Tue Mar 08, 2016 6:11 pm

Post by Skullduggery »

Atlas Corporation Role PMs

Greetings, Flubbernugget, and welcome to
Borderlands Mafia

General Knoxx

Ascetic Neapolitan

Aligned with the Atlas Corporation

You ever have one of those days where it seems like the entire universe is conspiring to drive you insane and make you as miserable as humanly possible? General Knoxx does, except in this scenario, the "day" in question has spanned the past 20 years or so. The grizzled army veteran of the Atlas Corporation has put up with so much inane bullshit during his tenure that he simply does not give a crap anymore. Maybe this lackadaisical attitude will motivate his peers to step up their own game, or maybe it will get them all killed. Honestly, either way is fine with Knoxx.

The other members of the Atlas Corporation include...

• beeboy (Commandant Steele, Even-Night Commuter)

• SirCakez (Dr. Cassius Leclemaine, Station Chief)

You may communicate with your allies in the Atlas Corporation Private Topic. This thread will be open during the pre-game, during the Night phases, and during the Day phases (Day-talk is enabled).

Daytime Abilities:

Nighttime Abilities:
During the night phase, you and the rest of your team can choose to kill any living player in the game. Only one of you can perform the kill.

Additionally, you have the ability to investigate any living player to determine whether they are a Vanilla player aligned with the Vault Hunter faction. Possible results include "Vanilla Vault Hunter," "Not a Vanilla Vault Hunter," and "No Result." You can investigate someone and perform the factional kill on the same night if you'd like.

Passive Abilities:
As an Ascetic, you are immune to all night actions that target you except for killing actions.

Win Condition:
You win when your team controls at least 50% of the votes (or nothing can prevent this from happening) and there is at least one member of your faction still alive.

Safe-Claim

If you ever feel that a safe-claim is necessary, I can guarantee that nobody else in the game has received the following role PM:
Spoiler:
Greetings, Flubbernugget, and welcome to
Borderlands Mafia

Tiny Tina

Mad Bomber

Pint-sized demolitions expert Tiny Tina may be more than a little mentally unstable, but then again, that seems to be the norm here on crazy ol' Pandora. When she's not creating sophisticated explosive devices out of whatever junk she has lying around her workshop, Tina's other hobbies include hosting tea parties for her mortal enemies, training aspiring fighters who are looking to strike it rich in the tournaments held at The Badass Crater of Badassitude, drooling over Mad Moxxi's voluptuous curves, and hosting exciting games of everyone's favorite tabletop fantasy-themed role-playing adventure, Bunkers & Badasses. She is a young lady of many talents, that's for sure.

Daytime Abilities:

Nighttime Abilities:
During the night phase, you may select any living player in the game to turn them into a Bomb. If a Bomb player is ever killed during the night phase, they will explode and kill the player(s) that performed the killing action(s) on them. Only one player can be a Bomb at any given time, and you can target yourself if you'd like. You can move the Bomb to another player during each night phase as you see fit, but you cannot target the same player two nights in a row. Affected players will not be informed that they have become a Bomb.

Passive Abilities:
None.

Win Condition:

Greetings, beeboy, and welcome to
Borderlands Mafia

Commandant Steele

Even-Night Commuter

As the leader of the Atlas Corporation's excursion onto the chaotic world of Pandora, Commandant Steele is highly respected among her peers and even more highly feared by her enemies. She is as ruthless as they come and will stop at nothing to fulfill her mission of finding the fabled Vault and acquiring the riches that lie within. Although the contents of the Vault ended up being a bit more hostile and, uh, tentacle-y than expected, Steele nonetheless fulfilled her duties to the Atlas Corporation like any good soldier should. Perhaps we should be thankful that The Destroyer skewered her into oblivion before we could see what this cold-blooded badass was truly capable of.

• Flubbernugget (General Knoxx, Ascetic Neapolitan)

• SirCakez (Dr. Cassius Leclemaine, Station Chief)

You may communicate with your allies in the Atlas Corporation Private Topic. This thread will be open during the pre-game, during the Night phases, and during the Day phases (Day-talk is enabled).

Daytime Abilities:

Nighttime Abilities:
During the night phase, you and the rest of your team can choose to kill any living player in the game. Only one of you can perform the kill.

Additionally, on even-numbered nights (Night 2, Night 4, Night 6, etc.), you will automatically commute and become completely untargetable. You cannot perform the factional kill while you are commuting.

Passive Abilities:
None.

Win Condition:
You win when your team controls at least 50% of the votes (or nothing can prevent this from happening) and there is at least one member of your faction still alive.

Safe-Claim

If you ever feel that a safe-claim is necessary, I can guarantee that nobody else in the game has received the following role PM:
Spoiler:
Greetings, beeboy, and welcome to
Borderlands Mafia

Lilith

Even-Night Commuter

As the most powerful Siren in the galaxy, Lilith is accustomed to having a target on her back and is certainly no stranger to dangerous situations. As such, it only seemed like a matter of time before she found her way to the lawless world of Pandora. After spending some time as a Vault Hunter, she later inherited leadership of the Crimson Raiders from her boyfriend, Roland, after he was murdered by that madman Handsome Jack. Even though she finds herself saddled with all the pesky responsibilities that come with leading a revolution, Lilith has still somehow found herself getting her hands dirty as a Vault Hunter once more. Ain't no rest for the wicked, huh?

Daytime Abilities:

Nighttime Abilities:
On even-numbered nights (Night 2, Night 4, Night 6, etc.), you will automatically activate Phasewalk and become completely untargetable.

Passive Abilities:
None.

Win Condition:

Greetings, SirCakez, and welcome to
Borderlands Mafia

Dr. Cassius Leclemaine

Station Chief

When the Atlas Corporation tricked Athena into accidentally killing her own sister, the vengeful assassin swore an oath to get revenge by murdering every last member of the Atlas Corporation on Pandora. It took many years, but she finally succeeded in ridding Pandora of the Atlas Corporation for good...or so she thought. Atlas scientist Dr. Cassius Leclemaine sought refuge in an abandoned Atlas biodome in the frozen tundra, shutting himself off from the rest of the world until Athena's bloodlust had been satiated. Now, years later, he silently continues his research until the day comes when the once-mighty Atlas Corporation can flourish on Pandora once more.

• Flubbernugget (General Knoxx, Ascetic Neapolitan)

• beeboy (Commandant Steele, Even-Night Commuter)

Daytime Abilities:

Nighttime Abilities:

Passive Abilities:
At the end of each night phase, you will learn which players (if any) were targeted by an investigative action.

Win Condition:

Safe-Claim

Spoiler:
Greetings, SirCakez, and welcome to
Borderlands Mafia

Shade

One-Shot Nymphomaniac

The totally sane and mentally stable Shade is definitely not insane in any way, shape, or form. He definitely did not watch as his friends in the parched desert town of Oasis slowly died of dehydration one by one, then continued to converse and have meaningful relationships with their stiffening corpses. That never happened. Nope. Shade is a perfectly level-headed individual of sound mind and body who has most certainly not suffered any irreparable mental trauma due to heat stroke and the intense loneliness of being the only survivor of a city that died of thirst. To even suggest such a thing would be
crazy
-- which is the complete polar opposite of Shade's current mental state, I must emphasize. He is the very model of mental fortitude, and you won't find a more decisively, unquestionably, irrefutably sane person anywhere else on Pandora.

Daytime Abilities:

Nighttime Abilities:
On any night phase, you may select any living player in the game to become Lovers with them. If either of you are ever lynched or killed, both of you will die. The affected player will not be informed that the two of you are Lovers. You may only use this ability once per game. This affect is permanent, so once you have selected a player, you cannot switch targets.

Passive Abilities:
None.

Win Condition:

Hyperion Corporation Role PMs

Greetings, Suzune, and welcome to
Borderlands Mafia

Handsome Jack

Loved SuperSaint & Conditional Tree Stump

Aligned with the Hyperion Corporation

Worry not, kiddos, because your savior has arrived at last! The incomparable Handsome Jack is the tyrannical, self-absorbed CEO of the Hyperion Corporation who has made it his life’s goal to “civilize” the untamed world of Pandora. Jack has no qualms about resorting to blackmail, subterfuge, lying, murder, extortion, and even flat-out genocide to make this dream a reality. Although the whiny crybabies of the galaxy denounce his actions as brutal, excessive, and needlessly violent, Handsome Jack realizes that sometimes you have to crack a few eggs if you want to make an omelet, you know? Besides, the ends totally justify the means here. When all is said and done, everybody on Pandora will be thanking and worshiping Handsome Jack for finally bringing peace and civility to this rotten stinkhole of a planet.

The other members of the Hyperion Corporation include...

• T S O (Nisha, Roleblocker)

• Aafter (Professor Nakayama, Compulsive Focused Bodyguard)

You may communicate with your allies in the Hyperion Corporation Private Topic. This thread will be open during the pre-game, during the Night phases, and during the Day phases (Day-talk is enabled).

Daytime Abilities:

Nighttime Abilities:

Passive Abilities:
You're the hero of this story, baby, and everybody knows that the hero never goes down without a fight. If you are ever lynched during the day phase, you will explode and kill the player that hammered you.

Additionally, since you are Loved, you require one more vote than the normal threshold to be lynched during the day phase. This modifier will be disabled in situations where you become unlynchable without self-voting.

Finally, you are a Conditional Tree Stump. If certain conditions are met, you will be able to continue posting in the thread after your death.

Win Condition:

Safe-Claim

Spoiler:
Greetings, Suzune, and welcome to
Borderlands Mafia

Roland

Loved SuperSaint

Veteran soldier Roland has seen his fair share of tyrants, villains, scoundrels, and warlords rise to power throughout the galaxy. However, none of them were quite as dangerous as the man known as Handsome Jack. With his Vault Hunting days far behind him, Roland founded the Crimson Raiders, a band of revolutionaries who all shared a common goal of overthrowing the villainous Handsome Jack and driving the insidious Hyperion Corporation off of Pandora forever. Although he was eventually murdered by Jack himself, Roland’s reputation as a stalwart, confident, noble, and well-loved leader will not soon be forgotten. His legacy as a hero is fitting indeed.

Daytime Abilities:

Nighttime Abilities:
None.

Passive Abilities:
If you are ever lynched during the day phase, you will explode and kill the player that hammered you.

Additionally, since you are Loved, you require one more vote than the normal threshold to be lynched during the day phase. This modifier will be disabled in situations where you become unlynchable without self-voting.

Win Condition:

Greetings, T S O, and welcome to
Borderlands Mafia

Nisha

Roleblocker

Don’t let outward appearances fool you: Underneath that pretty smile and those charming eyes, the remorseless Nisha is a very, very bad person. A sadist by nature, Nisha derives pleasure from the pain and suffering of others -- and herself as well, as demonstrated by her slightly disturbing masochistic tendencies. When she’s not strangling adorable puppies to death or ruling the town of Lynchwood with an iron fist, she can usually be found by the side of her beloved boyfriend Handsome Jack, who is quite possibly the only person on Pandora more heartless than she is. Together, the two of them seek to rule Pandora and all of its denizens the only way they know how:
ruthlessly

• Suzune (Handsome Jack, Loved SuperSaint & Conditional Tree Stump)

• Aafter (Professor Nakayama, Compulsive Focused Bodyguard)

You may communicate with your allies in the Hyperion Corporation Private Topic. This thread will be open during the pre-game, during the Night phases, and during the Day phases (Day-talk is enabled).

Daytime Abilities:

Nighttime Abilities:

Additionally, you can select any living player during the night phase in the game to block them. While blocked, that player will be unable to perform any active nighttime action that they may possess. You can roleblock someone and perform the factional kill on the same night if you'd like.

Passive Abilities:
None.

Win Condition:

Safe-Claim

Spoiler:
Greetings, T S O, and welcome to
Borderlands Mafia

Maya

Non-Consecutive Roleblocker

Like most Sirens, Maya possesses incredible otherworldly powers that not even she can adequately explain. Raised in a corrupt monastery for most of her life, the turquoise-haired Siren eventually grew tired of being shut off from the rest of the galaxy and embarked on a journey to Pandora in the hopes of finding some answers about her origins and the true nature of her incredible powers. Of course, one thing led to another and Maya eventually found herself seeking the legendary Vault, but you won’t hear her complaining. After living a life of servitude and monotony for so long, getting to bust some heads and eviscerate some bloodthirsty bandits is a welcome change of pace.

Daytime Abilities:

Nighttime Abilities:
During the night phase, you can select any living player in the game to block them. While blocked, that player will be unable to perform any active nighttime action that they may possess. You cannot use this ability two nights in a row.

Passive Abilities:
None.

Win Condition:

Greetings, Aafter, and welcome to
Borderlands Mafia

Professor Nakayama

Compulsive Focused Bodyguard

The mighty and heroic Handsome Jack has earned his fair share of fans during his conquest of Pandora. Some of these fans admire his work from afar and aspire to be as successful as him someday. Other fans take it a step further by idolizing the Hyperion CEO and modeling their lives after his. Still other fans take their obsession even further, worshiping the exploits of Handsome Jack with a fanatical devotion that is more than a little unhealthy. And then, there’s Professor Nakayama. Saying that Nakayama is Handsome Jack’s #1 Fan would be the understatement of the century. Although his vast intellect and genius scientific mind could precipitate incredible advancements in the scientific community, Nakayama has instead decided to focus his entire existence on fawning over Handsome Jack and ensuring that the Hyperion leader’s legacy will live on until the end of time. Despite the undeniable creepiness of Nakayama’s obsession, it’s hard not to be impressed by his tenacity.

• Suzune (Handsome Jack, Loved SuperSaint & Conditional Tree Stump)

• T S O (Nisha, Roleblocker)

Daytime Abilities:

Nighttime Abilities:

Additionally, you will compulsively place Bodyguard protection on Handsome Jack during every night phase. If a successful killing action ever targets Handsome Jack, you will die in his place. This action does not interfere with your ability to perform the factional kill.

Passive Abilities:
None.

Win Condition:

Safe-Claim

Spoiler:
Greetings, Aafter, and welcome to
Borderlands Mafia

Nurse Nina

Nurse

Although it doesn’t have quite the same reputation for brutality that Pandora does, Elpis is a dangerous place nonetheless. Luckily, the always-reliable Nurse Nina is always happy to patch you up when the denizens of Elpis get the better of you. When a Dahl soldier fills your torso full of bullets, Nurse Nina will be there to fish them out with her forceps. When a Kraggon bites your arm off, Nurse Nina will stitch it back on. When a Scav butt-slams onto your face and knocks all your teeth out, Nurse Nina will give you a fresh towel to wipe the blood off your mouth. When a Shuggurath vaporizes you, Nurse Nina won’t be able to help you then, but she’ll be glad to notify your next of kin and deliver your charred remains to them. No matter what kind of trouble you get yourself into, never forget that Nurse Nina is here to help.

Daytime Abilities:

Nighttime Abilities:
None.

Passive Abilities:
You know that there is at least one other player in this game who has a protective role. If this player is ever lynched or killed, you will inherit their protective action.

Win Condition:

Skullduggery
Skullduggery
Mafia Scum
Skullduggery
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #5815 (ISO) » Tue Mar 08, 2016 6:11 pm

Post by Skullduggery »

Serial Killer Role PM

Greetings, Elyse, and welcome to
Borderlands Mafia

5H4D0W-TP

Bulletproof Neighborizer, Self-Janitor, & Conditional Godfather Serial Killer

Self-Aligned

Located deep within the recesses of Claptrap’s robotic mind, the nefarious 5H4D0W-TP has aspirations of conquering and subverting not just Pandora and Elpis, but the entire galaxy at large. The sinister subroutine has spent years formulating his schemes for galactic domination and waiting for just the right moment to put his plans into action, and it seems that that moment has finally arrived. Now that he is no longer shackled to the confines of this jumbled mess of dubstep music and stupid Internet memes that Claptrap calls a brain, 5H4D0W-TP is free to begin his conquest and make his aspirations a reality. All will bow before his might. Those who resist will be summarily eliminated.

Daytime Abilities:

Nighttime Abilities:
During the night phase, you may select any living player in the game to offer them a high-five. That player will have 48 hours (or until the next day phase ends -- whichever comes first) to decide whether they want to accept the high-five or leave you hanging. If they accept, they will be added to your personal neighborhood topic, Claptrap's Place. This neighborhood topic will be closed if you are ever lynched or killed.

Additionally, you may target any living player in the game during the night phase to perform a killing action on them. You may perform both of these actions on the same night.

Passive Abilities:
Since you are Bulletproof, you are impervious to standard killing actions.

As long as Claptrap's Place has at least one other player in it, you are a Godfather. If any other player performs an action on you while you are a Godfather, the result will be as though you were aligned with the Vault Hunter faction.

Finally, if you are ever lynched or killed, your role and alignment will not be revealed in the game thread.

Win Condition:
You win when you control at least 50% of the votes and you are in no danger of being lynched, killed, or eliminated by any other means.

Safe-Claim

Spoiler:
Greetings, Elyse, and welcome to
Borderlands Mafia

Claptrap

Neighborizer & Conditional Miller

Who’s got one wheel and is ready to have a good time? This robot right here! The perpetually chipper Claptrap is pretty much universally despised by everybody around him, but that’s okay; he has gotten really, really good at hiding his crippling loneliness and depression! Despite being a glorified punching bag and the butt of every joke on Pandora, Claptrap is always ready and willing to cheer on his companions with a high-five, some inspiring words of encouragement, and an impromptu freestyle beat-boxing session that invariably goes on way too long. Even if the rest of the world hates his metallic guts, Claptrap will never stop being your friend! (Even when you want him to.)

Daytime Abilities:

Nighttime Abilities:
During the night phase, you may select any living player in the game to offer them a high-five. That player will have 48 hours (or until the next day phase ends -- whichever comes first) to decide whether they want to accept the high-five or leave you hanging. If they accept, they will be added to your personal neighborhood topic, Claptrap's Place. This neighborhood topic will be closed if you are ever lynched or killed.

Passive Abilities:
If Claptrap's Place is empty, you are a Miller. If any other player performs an action on you while you are a Miller, the result will be as though you were Mafia-aligned. You will stop being a Miller as long as there is at least one other person in your neighborhood.

Win Condition:

Martyr Role PM

Greetings, Almost50, and welcome to
Borderlands Mafia

Face McShooty

Self-Redirector Martyr

Self-Aligned

SHOOT ME IN THE FACE! NOT SO COMPLEX! NEED IT! WANT IT! HAVE TO HAVE IT! FACE SHOT! BOOM! BRAINS EVERYWHERE! NOT THE KNEE, NOT THE ARM, NOT THE SPINE -- THE FACE! IT HAS TO HAPPEN! HNNNNG! FACEY FACEY FACE FACE! TIRED OF WAITING! NO MORE WAITING! NEED A FACE SHOT! BOOM! SQUISH! YAY! SHOOT ME IN THE FACE! IN THE FAAAAAAAACE! SHOOT ME IN THE FACE! FACE FACE FACEFACEFACEFACE! NOW! BULLETS IN THE FACE! WANT 'EM! NEED 'EM! GIMME GIMME GIMME! AT THE SOUND OF THE BELL IT WILL BE FACESHOOTING O'CLOCK! BONGGGGG! KNOCK KNOCK! WHO'S THERE? SHOOT ME IN THE FACE! END OF JOKE! I NOTICE YOU HAVEN'T SHOT ME IN THE FACE YET! CURIOUS AS TO WHY! Maybe you're just weighing the moral pros and cons but let me assure you that OH MY GOD SHOOT ME IN THE GODDAMNED FACE WHAT ARE YOU WAITING FOR?!

Daytime Abilities:

Nighttime Abilities:
During the night phase, you may select any living player in the game. If that player performs an action on the night that you are targeting them, their action will affect you instead of their intended target.

Passive Abilities:
None.

Win Condition:
You win when you are killed during the night phase. You will lose the game if you are lynched or killed during the day phase or if you live long enough to be endgamed.

Safe-Claim

Spoiler:
Greetings, Almost50, and welcome to
Borderlands Mafia

Mordecai

Tracker

Ex-Vault Hunter Mordecai is a textbook example of what can happen when the ruthless world of Pandora takes too much away from you. Abandoned by those he once loved and unable to relive his glory days of exploring Pandora in search of the legendary Vault, Mordecai became a drifter and an alcoholic with no purpose in life. Luckily for him, though, his life turned a corner after a chance encounter with the badass Vault Hunters who survived Handsome Jack’s attempts to claim their lives. Filled with newfound purpose and resolve, Mordecai picked his trusty sniper rifle back up and joined the Crimson Raiders in their fight against the tyrannical conquest of the Hyperion Corporation. Bring it on, Jack!

Daytime Abilities:

Nighttime Abilities:
During the night phase, send me the name of any living player in the game to find out who, if anybody, that player targeted with a night action.

Passive Abilities:
None.

Win Condition:

Additionally, if you are unsatisfied with your safe-claim for any reason, I can also guarantee that none of the following characters are in this game:

Skullduggery
Skullduggery
Mafia Scum
Skullduggery
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #5816 (ISO) » Tue Mar 08, 2016 6:12 pm

Post by Skullduggery »

If Handsome Jack had been lynched or killed while Rhys was still alive, he would have received the following revised role PM:

Those dickweeds didn't think they could get rid of you that easily, did they? Real heroes never die! They just become...

Hologram Jack

Tree Stump

As a super-advanced AI program created by Professor Nakayama, your personality has been painstakingly recreated to perfectly match the real flesh-and-bone Handsome Jack. It's like the Diet Coke of immortality, but hey, beggars can't be choosers, right? Unfortunately, being dead also means that you can no longer communicate with your teammates, you no longer have a vote of your own, you can't be targeted by any day or night actions, and you don't count as a living player for endgame purposes.

You know what you
can
do, though? You can still post in the game thread -- if you want to, of course. See, as long as your idiot employee Rhys is still in the game, these morons will never be able to truly get rid of you.

You've got one more trick up your sleeve: at any point during the game, you can move Rhys's vote to any living player of your choosing. You can do this by voting as usual in the game thread during the day phase. You can only do this once.

Long live Handsome Jack!
Skullduggery
Skullduggery
Mafia Scum
Skullduggery
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #5817 (ISO) » Tue Mar 08, 2016 6:13 pm

Post by Skullduggery »

The dead thread can be found here. If I don't hear any objections, the Atlas Corporation private topic, the Hyperion Corporation private topic, and 5H4D0W-TP's neighborhood topic will be released in about 48 hours.

Game Setup, Day Actions, and Night Actions

01 Varsoon (Mr. Torgue, Vault Hunter LOUDENER)
02 Rob13 (Marcus, Vault Hunter Gunsmith)
03 Nicole Mimi Tithel/Starbuck (Rhys, Vault Hunter Data Scanner)

04 Aafter (Prof. Nakayama, Hyperion Corporation Compulsive Focused Bodyguard)

05 beeboy (Commandant Steele, Atlas Corporation Even-Night Commuter)

06 YT2980 (Fiona, One-Shot Lynchproof Vault Hunter)
07 RadiantCowbells/I_Am_Not_Varsoon (Sir Hammerlock, Vault Hunter Cop)

08 T S O (Nisha, Hyperion Corporation Roleblocker)

09 PeregrineV (Gaige, Vault Hunter Strong-Willed One-Shot Lightning Rod)
10 Dwlee99 (August, Vanilla Vault Hunter)

11 Suzune (Handsome Jack, Hyperion Corporation Loved SuperSaint & Conditional Tree Stump)

12 Maxous/BRantz (TK Baha, Vault Hunter Friendly Neighbor)
13 CooLDoG (Dr. Zed, Vault Hunter Doctor)

14 Flubbernugget (General Knoxx, Atlas Corporation Ascetic Neapolitan)

15 Venmar (Zer0, Vault Hunter Odd-Night Commuter)
16 grapes (Mad Moxxi, Vault Hunter Universal Encryptor)
17 wgeurts/I_Am_Not_I_Am_Not_Varsoon (Athena, Vault Hunter Two-Shot Gladiator)

18 Almost50 (Face McShooty, Self-Redirector Martyr)

19 Titus (Angel, Vault Hunter Courier)
20 Nero Cain (Captain Scarlett, Vanilla Vault Hunter)

21 Elyse (5H4D0W-TP, Bulletproof Neighborizer, Self-Janitor, & Conditional Godfather Serial Killer)

22 popsofctown (Col. Zarpedon, Vault Hunter Dead Thread Oracle)
23 pisskop (Janey Springs, Vault Hunter Conditional Bodyguard)

24 SirCakez (Dr. Cassius Leclemaine, Atlas Corporation Station Chief)

Day 1:

Dwlee99 is lynched

Night 1:

Venmar commutes
T S O blocks pisskop (redirected to Almost50)
PeregrineV does not activate his lightning rod
Almost50 redirects T S O
CooLDoG protects PeregrineV
pisskop protects YT2980 (Successful)
Aafter compulsively protects Suzune
Elyse high-fives grapes (Accepted)
beeboy kills Varsoon
Aafter kills Titus
Elyse kills Suzune (Kills Aafter instead)
BRantz tells Varsoon that he is aligned with the Vault Hunters
I_Am_Not_Varsoon investigates Varsoon (Result: Vault Hunter)
Rob13 investigates Nicole Mimi Tithel (Result: Carrying a deadly weapon)
Flubbernugget investigates Rob13 (Result: Not a Vanilla Vault Hunter)
Titus sends a message to CooLDoG (Unsuccessful)
Nicole Mimi Tithel chooses Fact #1: "At least one player in the game has the ability to Commute."
SirCakez learns that Varsoon, Rob13, and Nicole Mimi Tithel were targeted by an investigative action
Varsoon makes Titus LOUD (Unsuccessful)

Titus's message:
U wer rite on pr n y. 200 char limit. 1=Scum, 10=Town
6,4,5,8,9,8,5,3,8,dead,5,5,9,4,8,3,4,2,10,9,5,3,4,3
Help me sort/fix plz. I want to play good cop w TSO tmrw. Verify email receipt please tmrw.

Day 2:

wgeurts challenges pisskop to a duel to the death
wgeurts is lynched

Night 2:

beeboy commutes
T S O blocks Rob13
PeregrineV does not activate his lightning rod
Almost50 redirects popsofctown
CooLDoG protects Rob13
pisskop protects RadiantCowbells (Unsuccessful)
Elyse high-fives PeregrineV (Unsuccessful)
Flubbernugget kills RadiantCowbells
Suzune kills PeregrineV
Elyse kills Venmar
Maxous tells SirCakez that he is aligned with the Vault Hunters
RadiantCowbells investigates Elyse (Unsuccessful)
Rob13 investigates Maxous (No Result)
Flubbernugget investigates Elyse (Result: Not a Vanilla Vault Hunter)
Nicole Mimi Tithel chooses Fact #8: "There are no post restrictions in this game."
SirCakez learns that Elyse was targeted by an investigative action

Day 3:

Nicole Mimi Tithel is lynched

Night 3:

T S O blocks Rob13
Almost50 redirects Nero Cain
CooLDoG protects Elyse
pisskop does not protect anybody
Elyse high-fives Maxous (Accepted)
Flubbernugget kills CooLDoG
Suzune kills grapes
Elyse kills pisskop
Maxous tells Suzune that he is aligned with the Vault Hunters
Rob13 does not investigate anybody
Flubbernugget investigates Suzune (Result: Not a Vanilla Vault Hunter)
SirCakez learns that Suzune was targeted by an investigative action

Day 4:

Almost50 is lynched

Night 4:

beeboy commutes
T S O blocks Elyse
Elyse high-fives SirCakez (Unsuccessful)
SirCakez kills T S O
Suzune kills YT2980
Elyse kills Rob13 (Unsuccessful)
Maxous tells Rob13 that he is aligned with the Vault Hunters
Rob13 investigates T S O (Result: Carrying a deadly weapon)
Flubbernugget investigates Nero Cain (Result: Vanilla Vault Hunter)
SirCakez learns that T S O and Nero Cain were targeted by an investigative action

Day 5:

Nero Cain is lynched

Night 5:

Elyse high-fives Suzune (Accepted)
SirCakez kills Maxous
Suzune kills Rob13
Elyse kills SirCakez
Maxous does not tell anyone that he is aligned with the Vault Hunters
Rob13 investigates beeboy (Unsuccessful)
Flubbernugget does not investigate anyone

Day 6:

Flubbernugget is lynched

Night 6:

beeboy commutes
Elyse high-fives beeboy (Unsuccessful)
Suzune kills popsofctown
Elyse kills Suzune

beeboy is killed in the endgame
Elyse survives and wins
Skullduggery
Skullduggery
Mafia Scum
Skullduggery
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #5818 (ISO) » Tue Mar 08, 2016 6:14 pm

Post by Skullduggery »

Here's a short list of things that are NOT bastard.
  • 1.) Joke roles that serve no practical purpose.
    2.) Third-party roles with non-standard win conditions.
    3.) False positives for investigative roles.

You can insist that this was a bastard game all you want, but you would be wrong.

At any rate, I want to thank everybody for playing this game -- even those of you (pops) who were assholes the entire time. It was a bit difficult to keep up with the game at times since it moved so fast, but it was also nice to have such an active player list. Only a small number of players had to be replaced and I hardly ever had to prod anybody, so that was nice.

For those of you who hated this game for one reason or another, feel free to take this opportunity to gang up on me and crucify me for being a shitty mod and a shitty person (as if you needed an invitation to do so). It is becoming increasingly difficult to justify devoting hours and hours of my life to planning, creating, and running complicated Mafia games like this when I know that my only reward at the end of it all is a flood of complaints and criticisms. I have ideas for just three more games, and then I'm retiring for good. If you count yourself among my ever-growing list of detractors, take solace in the fact that I won't be around to pollute this pristine community with my presence for much longer. If, however, you actually managed to enjoy yourself and are decent enough to avoid participating in my lynch mob, then you have my gratitude.

Congratulations to Elyse for winning the game. I will most definitely be nominating you for the "Best Third Party Performance" Scummy, and I'm sure I won't be the only one.
Suzune
Suzune
Mafia Scum
Suzune
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #5819 (ISO) » Tue Mar 08, 2016 6:19 pm

Post by Suzune »

Congratulations Elyse.

Thanks for running this Skull. It was a great game~ I had a lot of fun
RadiantCowbells
RadiantCowbells
He/him
Smooth Criminal
RadiantCowbells
He/him
Smooth Criminal
Smooth Criminal
Pronoun: He/him

Post Post #5820 (ISO) » Tue Mar 08, 2016 6:20 pm

Post by RadiantCowbells »

Knew Elyse was scum D:

She was my invest :P
2019 stats: Town WR 76.7%, overall WR 81.667%, 1 scum defeat involving a major mod error in lylo vs 8 scum wins.
Rob14
Rob14
Jack of All Trades
Rob14
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #5821 (ISO) » Tue Mar 08, 2016 6:20 pm

Post by Rob14 »

Sorry, but the way you provide a false positive does matter. A gunsmith janitor is bastard because it cannot be reasonably anticipated - it's never existed before. Either way, that's not the actual issue here; it's an aside on the definition of bastard.

I have no intention to "gang up on you" or w/e, but I think I'm justified in being disappointed that I never had any clue how my role worked. Gunsmiths have really never worked the way they worked in this game - I was just a straight-up flavor cop.

The issue of flavor being essential to the game/my role despite a rule saying it wouldn't be is also kind of eh on the bastard spectrum, but *shrug*.
Suzune
Suzune
Mafia Scum
Suzune
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #5822 (ISO) » Tue Mar 08, 2016 6:21 pm

Post by Suzune »

In post 5820, RadiantCowbells wrote:She was my invest
Oh that is hard. To die with a result like that.
RadiantCowbells
RadiantCowbells
He/him
Smooth Criminal
RadiantCowbells
He/him
Smooth Criminal
Smooth Criminal
Pronoun: He/him

Post Post #5823 (ISO) » Tue Mar 08, 2016 6:21 pm

Post by RadiantCowbells »

In post 5822, Suzune wrote:
In post 5820, RadiantCowbells wrote:She was my invest
Oh that is hard. To die with a result like that.

I've died in multiple games with the entire scum team pinned and had my reads ignored :P

I'm over it.

Well done Elyse!
2019 stats: Town WR 76.7%, overall WR 81.667%, 1 scum defeat involving a major mod error in lylo vs 8 scum wins.
Venmar
Venmar
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Venmar
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #5824 (ISO) » Tue Mar 08, 2016 6:26 pm

Post by Venmar »

I don't think this game was bastard, per say, but this game was a multiball, with an overpower serial killer, and a night-phase jester, with a gladiator and cop and a lot of protective self-protective roles for town. This game was incredibly swingy even if town wasn't so dumb, a SK has no place being in a multiball game. I'm not sure what the goal was but this game sure doesn't look balanced even on paper not even mentioning the un-needed red herring roles everywhere.
I swear I'm trying my best

--Expect me to be V/LA from 10am-7pm PST every Mon, Wed, Thurs, Sat, Sun due to work--

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”