Mini 1768: Detective Conan Mafia (Game Over: Town Wins)

Phoenix Wright
Phoenix Wright
Goon
Phoenix Wright
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1150 (ISO) » Sat Mar 12, 2016 1:56 pm

Post by Phoenix Wright »

UNVOTE:
VOTE: radical rat
I guess this is the safest course of action for now
A Real Scourge
A Real Scourge
Goon
A Real Scourge
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1151 (ISO) » Sat Mar 12, 2016 2:01 pm

Post by A Real Scourge »

ah, that's disappointing.

i think it's weird that scum Sonic would want you to claim when he should know that he roleblocked you...
Phoenix, if this was the case, you really should have pmed Jeanne and asked her about it instead of telling us here. she would definitely have been able to tell you if she'd processed your action correctly or not. you SHOULD ask her, send her a pm right now and ask. i wish you'd done it before you claimed, but there's no going back from it now. we can deal with it after she's answered.
All hail the king, baby.

avatar by drawloverlala on tumblr.
A Real Scourge
A Real Scourge
Goon
A Real Scourge
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1152 (ISO) » Sat Mar 12, 2016 2:01 pm

Post by A Real Scourge »

Phoenix, confirm with Jeanne before you draw conclusions from this! i'm really surprised you didn't think to ask.
All hail the king, baby.

Tails
Tails
Goon
Tails
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1153 (ISO) » Sat Mar 12, 2016 2:03 pm

Post by Tails »

In post 871, Phoenix Wright wrote:Frozen angel is town, guys. That's what my gut tells me

Hard town read. Phoenix is lying about his reasons for townreading FA. If it was just because of her reaction, he would have told us in the next post instead of saying he couldn't answer the question (indicating a role based result).

In post 991, Phoenix Wright wrote:When she flips, we should lynch not Mafia. This quick hammer stuff needs to stop

In post 994, Phoenix Wright wrote:
In post 992, KainTepes wrote:not mafia is town though i think......

I thought he was scum even before this hammer. And no offense, but I don't really trust your reads

Goes after NM based on policy. This is right after FA obviously hammered herself, so this is blatantly untrue.

In post 1047, Phoenix Wright wrote:Wow... I'm still new here, but I'm pretty sure you're not supposed to give us hints like that about your scum buddies, right? Correct me if I'm wrong

Said right after FA admitted she was scum. NM was on the wagon. See where this is going?

In post 1053, Phoenix Wright wrote:
In post 1052, KainTepes wrote:I think not mafia is town though

Why?

He's dropped the policy angle on NM, but NM is still scum. Guess what he's using to tie NM to FA (and if you guessed FA's hard bus reasoning, ding ding ding! You're a winner!).

P-edit: I'm feeling really good about a Phoenix lynch. That claim is BS.
Tails
Tails
Goon
Tails
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1154 (ISO) » Sat Mar 12, 2016 2:06 pm

Post by Tails »

I'm suddenly also feeling really paranoid about Scourge...
Tails
Tails
Goon
Tails
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1155 (ISO) » Sat Mar 12, 2016 2:10 pm

Post by Tails »

As for Turtles, games are inherently scum sided to start with. Balancing involves giving town enough power to counteract scum's natural advantage plus whatever roles they have. Giving scum a double voter drastically increases that advantage, meaning that town needs an incredible amount of power to even stand a chance. Just 1 governor isn't going to do it. I guess it's possible, but I'd rather start at the position of not screwed instead of scum having an incredible amount of power and us having almost total power to compensate. And besides the double voter point, I've seen nothing given to even suggest why Turtles is scum.
Tails
Tails
Goon
Tails
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1156 (ISO) » Sat Mar 12, 2016 2:10 pm

Post by Tails »

And let's not even get started on Turtles being a target of convenience at this point. It's been that way since the end of d1.
A Real Scourge
A Real Scourge
Goon
A Real Scourge
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1157 (ISO) » Sat Mar 12, 2016 2:14 pm

Post by A Real Scourge »

if Phoenix wanted to bs a Jailkeeper claim that incriminated Sonic, he would have done it without all the fanfare and errors. this one doesn't go for a Sonic lynch at all.

Tails i've already looked at all this stuff you're bring up about Phoenix. in he even said that he was scumreading Not_Mafia before the hammer, so it makes sense to still be scumreading him after Frozen was revealed to be scum. why haven't i see you looking in Phoenix's ISO to see if he was actually scumreading Not_Mafia or not?
the point i'm making is that none of this stuff really points to scum. to me it points to someone who thought FA's attitude looked very town (that's not weird, her emotional reaction is normal for her, i've learned that), was scumreading Not_Mafia, saw what looked like him hammering, and wanted him lynched for the quickhammer. Phoenix thought the same thing after Soren hammered, so he's not pulling that out of his ass. and then, after Frozen was revealed to be scum, he was obviously still scumreading Not_Mafia, and at the very least didn't like him. it's not weird at all that he would ask why someone was reading Not_Mafia as town when he didn't think the same.

preview: once again, you're attributing WAY too much power to a scum double voter, and you're townreading him way too much. NOTHING has suggested that the slot is town either, and you've yet to bring anything up to the contrary.
All hail the king, baby.

Radical Rat
Radical Rat
They/Them
Jack of All Trades
Radical Rat
They/Them
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Pronoun: They/Them

Post Post #1158 (ISO) » Sat Mar 12, 2016 2:16 pm

Post by Radical Rat »

In post 1149, Phoenix Wright wrote:Um okay... So, I'm Miwako Satou, the town jailor. I jailed Not Mafia last night so I was surprised when he died. I thought that I was role blocked, but then I saw this post.

In post 1116, Radical Rat wrote:@Scourge

I blocked KAINTEPES last night. Was the most suspicious at the end of the day.

Right now though... VOTE: Tails

Sorry, but I feel like you're really misrepping Phoenix here. I also saw FA's reactions to the wagon as being just legitimately frustrated, and I understand the townread. I don't see any of the hard defense or lining up lynches you're talking about.
Either come back with some quotes or unvote.

Of course my first thought was that he was lying. But if he was lying about who he role blocked then why is he kind of defending me and encouraging me to share my information? If he was scum he'd have to know that I was onto him. I looked back at the pm I sent the mod last night and realized that when I sent in my night action I accidentally wrote "Conan night 1" instead of night 2 in the title. So it's possible that the mod didn't realize that it was my night action for night 2 and it didn't go through. I forgot to jail anyone on the first night :/

Okay, so I definitely did not block you. I thought you had something on Firebringer since that's where you voted.
Probably a mod error then, but I can easily see where this would make you skeptical of me.
Radical Rat
Radical Rat
They/Them
Jack of All Trades
Radical Rat
They/Them
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1159 (ISO) » Sat Mar 12, 2016 2:16 pm

Post by Radical Rat »

I'm pretty sure you would have been specifically told you were blocked if so.
Radical Rat
Radical Rat
They/Them
Jack of All Trades
Radical Rat
They/Them
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1160 (ISO) » Sat Mar 12, 2016 2:17 pm

Post by Radical Rat »

Did you send in the night action to Varsoon or Jeanne? Because Jeanne took over pretty quick after Night started.
Turtles of Despair
Turtles of Despair
Goon
Turtles of Despair
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1161 (ISO) » Sat Mar 12, 2016 2:18 pm

Post by Turtles of Despair »

I wouldn't mind Scourge tbh but I want to follow my gut read on D1.
VOTE: Soren x2
@mod is this a \/alid double \/ote format?

~Bee
Tails
Tails
Goon
Tails
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1162 (ISO) » Sat Mar 12, 2016 2:18 pm

Post by Tails »

In post 1157, A Real Scourge wrote:
preview: once again, you're attributing WAY too much power to a scum double voter, and you're townreading him way too much. NOTHING has suggested that the slot is town either, and you've yet to bring anything up to the contrary.

And you've yet to bring up anything that makes him scum outside of the double voter thing and Garmr's flip. Burden of proof is on you, dude.
Phoenix Wright
Phoenix Wright
Goon
Phoenix Wright
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1163 (ISO) » Sat Mar 12, 2016 2:19 pm

Post by Phoenix Wright »

In post 1153, Tails wrote:
In post 871, Phoenix Wright wrote:Frozen angel is town, guys. That's what my gut tells me

Hard town read. Phoenix is lying about his reasons for townreading FA.
If it was just because of her reaction, he would have told us in the next post instead of saying he couldn't answer the question
(indicating a role based result).

In post 991, Phoenix Wright wrote:When she flips, we should lynch not Mafia. This quick hammer stuff needs to stop

In post 994, Phoenix Wright wrote:
In post 992, KainTepes wrote:not mafia is town though i think......

I thought he was scum even before this hammer. And no offense, but I don't really trust your reads

Goes after NM based on policy. This is right after FA obviously hammered herself, so this is blatantly untrue.

In post 1047, Phoenix Wright wrote:Wow... I'm still new here, but I'm pretty sure you're not supposed to give us hints like that about your scum buddies, right? Correct me if I'm wrong

Said right after FA admitted she was scum. NM was on the wagon. See where this is going?

In post 1053, Phoenix Wright wrote:
In post 1052, KainTepes wrote:I think not mafia is town though

Why?

He's dropped the policy angle on NM, but NM is still scum. Guess what he's using to tie NM to FA (and if you guessed FA's hard bus reasoning, ding ding ding! You're a winner!).

P-edit: I'm feeling really good about a Phoenix lynch. That claim is BS.

I said I couldn't answer because I thought FA was town based off of meta. The frantic overreactiona and frustration was similar to her town play. As a "new player" I shouldn't know her meta. I didn't want anyone to know that I actually am an alt even though I've only played with one of you guys before lol. About your theory concerning me tying not Mafia to FA, I can see your logic but I'm not clever enough to do subtle stuff like that haha. I was just also got her why she would give us a hint about who else was scum. It wasn't meant to implicate anyone in particular as scum. I don't care if you believe my claim or not because it's true.

P-edit: I didn't get a om saying I was roleblocker. I sent my night action to Jeanne
Phoenix Wright
Phoenix Wright
Goon
Phoenix Wright
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1164 (ISO) » Sat Mar 12, 2016 2:20 pm

Post by Phoenix Wright »

*asking her why
Radical Rat
Radical Rat
They/Them
Jack of All Trades
Radical Rat
They/Them
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1165 (ISO) » Sat Mar 12, 2016 2:20 pm

Post by Radical Rat »

I'm still not seeing what you're going for Tails. Mentioning a town read is far from a hard defense.

And if NM was on the wagon, wouldn't he benefit more from going with FA's bus thing rather than questioning it?
A Real Scourge
A Real Scourge
Goon
A Real Scourge
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1166 (ISO) » Sat Mar 12, 2016 2:21 pm

Post by A Real Scourge »

jailkeepers don't receive feedback, so he wouldn't have been told if he'd been roleblocked. and it sounds like he sent it to jeanne. he should just ask her if his action was submitted on night 2 or not.

process of elimination, Tails. there's no reason to think he's town, but there are reasons to think other players are town. and your Phoenix case doesn't make him scum either, as i've explained.

that's an interesting choice, Turtles. why'd you ignore my request for your complete reads?
All hail the king, baby.

Tails
Tails
Goon
Tails
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1167 (ISO) » Sat Mar 12, 2016 2:22 pm

Post by Tails »

So in the end, you have no reason why Turtles is scum. Yet when I say that I see reasons to see he's not scum, you criticize me. Yeah...
Radical Rat
Radical Rat
They/Them
Jack of All Trades
Radical Rat
They/Them
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1168 (ISO) » Sat Mar 12, 2016 2:23 pm

Post by Radical Rat »

In post 1166, A Real Scourge wrote:jailkeepers don't receive feedback, so he wouldn't have been told if he'd been roleblocked. and it sounds like he sent it to jeanne. he should just ask her if his action was submitted on night 2 or not.

process of elimination, Tails. there's no reason to think he's town, but there are reasons to think other players are town. and your Phoenix case doesn't make him scum either, as i've explained.

that's an interesting choice, Turtles. why'd you ignore my request for your complete reads?

I'm like 99% sure you get told if your night action was incomplete for whatever reason... roleblocker or immunity or anything else. Do you not?
A Real Scourge
A Real Scourge
Goon
A Real Scourge
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1169 (ISO) » Sat Mar 12, 2016 2:25 pm

Post by A Real Scourge »

Sonic you're not seeing it because Tails' case is really garbage.

Phoenix why'd you pretend to be new instead of just saying you were an alt? and why'd you fake that whole 'scum aren't supposed to out their partners, are they?' thing? i've been reading you like a newbie this whole time and now i need to reevaluate.

preview: yeah Tails because your reasons they aren't scum are based on faulty assumptions about the utility of a scum double-voter. you're acting like i'm suggesting an unlynchable scum.

and nah Sonic that's now how it works at all. if a doctor's target ends up getting killed anyways, they're not supposed to know if they were roleblocked or if scum broke through the protection. only investigation roles know if they've been blocked.
All hail the king, baby.

Radical Rat
Radical Rat
They/Them
Jack of All Trades
Radical Rat
They/Them
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1170 (ISO) » Sat Mar 12, 2016 2:26 pm

Post by Radical Rat »

In post 1167, Tails wrote:So in the end, you have no reason why Turtles is scum. Yet when I say that I see reasons to see he's not scum, you criticize me. Yeah...

That's not at all what Scourge said. She said it's process of elimination, which IS a reason for Turtles to be scum.
And while I agree that a mafia double voter seems kinda sketchy, I don't see it as turning scum into an omnipotent force of destruction like you're claiming.

My null read on Turtles has yet to move, but my scumread on you grows stronger by the second.
A Real Scourge
A Real Scourge
Goon
A Real Scourge
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1171 (ISO) » Sat Mar 12, 2016 2:27 pm

Post by A Real Scourge »

lmao this ^^^^^^
All hail the king, baby.

Phoenix Wright
Phoenix Wright
Goon
Phoenix Wright
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1172 (ISO) » Sat Mar 12, 2016 2:28 pm

Post by Phoenix Wright »

In post 1169, A Real Scourge wrote:Sonic you're not seeing it because Tails' case is really garbage.

Phoenix why'd you pretend to be new instead of just saying you were an alt? and
why'd you fake that whole 'scum aren't supposed to out their partners, are they?' thing?
i've been reading you like a newbie this whole time and now i need to reevaluate.

preview: yeah Tails because your reasons they aren't scum are based on faulty assumptions about the utility of a scum double-voter. you're acting like i'm suggesting an unlynchable scum.

and nah Sonic that's now how it works at all. if a doctor's target ends up getting killed anyways, they're not supposed to know if they were roleblocked or if scum broke through the protection. only investigation roles know if they've been blocked.

I legitimately wanted to know that. I didn't want anyone to know I was an alt because that would defeat the purpose of this second account. I made it to try out different playstyles and test out weird tactics. If people knew that this was my alt then when I try the stuff that I test out with this account on my main account, they'll already know what I'm trying to do.
Phoenix Wright
Phoenix Wright
Goon
Phoenix Wright
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1173 (ISO) » Sat Mar 12, 2016 2:29 pm

Post by Phoenix Wright »

I guess it would've been fine to say that I was an alt in the beginning as long as I didn't say what my main account is
Radical Rat
Radical Rat
They/Them
Jack of All Trades
Radical Rat
They/Them
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1174 (ISO) » Sat Mar 12, 2016 2:30 pm

Post by Radical Rat »

Faking newbiness seems like a breach in ethics to me... idk what all the rules on that stuff is though.

Return to “Completed Mini Theme Games”