chilledtea
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #9 (isolation #1) » Sun Mar 20, 2016 3:31 am

Post by chilledtea »

In post 7, Almost50 wrote:
In post 6, chilledtea wrote:VOTE: KainTepes

Obvscum is obvscum.

I support the notion wholeheartedly. I just thought I'd give him the chance to shout at us first. :P

Well I can't wait for him to tunnel me throughout day 1. That is my prediction. Him going around saying "ChilleDTEACUP IS SCUM!KSUSL@!#JEHFADA".

Generally, you wait for someone to post a little before you say they are scum but I already know what he is going to say so might as well vote him for being scum.
chilledtea
chilledtea
Mafia Scum
chilledtea
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #17 (isolation #2) » Sun Mar 20, 2016 6:47 am

Post by chilledtea »

VOTE: Pisskop

chilledtea
chilledtea
Mafia Scum
chilledtea
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #30 (isolation #3) » Sun Mar 20, 2016 9:32 am

Post by chilledtea »

In post 24, drmyshottyizsik wrote:
In post 13, pisskop wrote:drmyshottyizsik

who?

I took a few years off, but used to be well know and to some widely disliked.

And snarky what's with this vote? I need a better explanation.

lol

VOTE: drmyshottyizsik

I think I got my first scum. This is easy.
chilledtea
chilledtea
Mafia Scum
chilledtea
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #32 (isolation #4) » Sun Mar 20, 2016 9:35 am

Post by chilledtea »

In post 31, drmyshottyizsik wrote:
In post 30, chilledtea wrote:

who?

lol

*Claps* You're great at this!

Thank you. Now just tell me who you'r scumpartners are and you might just live to see the end of this day.
chilledtea
chilledtea
Mafia Scum
chilledtea
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #34 (isolation #5) » Sun Mar 20, 2016 9:38 am

Post by chilledtea »

In post 33, drmyshottyizsik wrote:
In post 32, chilledtea wrote:

who?

lol

Thank you. Now just tell me who you'r scumpartners are and you might just live to see the end of this day.

You are remember?

No.
chilledtea
chilledtea
Mafia Scum
chilledtea
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #37 (isolation #6) » Sun Mar 20, 2016 9:43 am

Post by chilledtea »

In post 35, drmyshottyizsik wrote:You should get that checked out.

Ooohhh. I am too slow.
chilledtea
chilledtea
Mafia Scum
chilledtea
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #39 (isolation #7) » Sun Mar 20, 2016 9:59 am

Post by chilledtea »

In post 38, drmyshottyizsik wrote:
In post 36, SnarkySnowman wrote:shotty did just kinda claim scum.

VOTE: shotty again

Wow you and chill are trying way to hard to get this rolling.

Don't be mad that you got caught so early. Just try better next time.
chilledtea
chilledtea
Mafia Scum
chilledtea
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #62 (isolation #8) » Sun Mar 20, 2016 8:04 pm

Post by chilledtea »

In post 54, drmyshottyizsik wrote:
In post 52, KainTepes wrote:

who?

lol

so... YOU ADMIT TO BEING SCUM?

VOTE: shottytea

I am not scum. I figured the claps would make the joke obvious. My point was he is not great at this. Are we really going to turn this into a band wagon?

Why do you think I am not great at this?
chilledtea
chilledtea
Mafia Scum
chilledtea
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #88 (isolation #9) » Mon Mar 21, 2016 8:34 am

Post by chilledtea »

In my opinion drmyshottyizsik is scum. He reacted way too seriously to my joke post.
chilledtea
chilledtea
Mafia Scum
chilledtea
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #91 (isolation #10) » Mon Mar 21, 2016 9:10 am

Post by chilledtea »

^^ You still gave one.
chilledtea
chilledtea
Mafia Scum
chilledtea
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #155 (isolation #11) » Tue Mar 22, 2016 3:47 am

Post by chilledtea »

I find myself agreeing with Lowel here. Aggressive players tend to be town. He seems to have a clear head too, which I like.

I will have to read through the thread again. I like what I saw regarding Rheagar as town.

Although I agree with Lowel I don't know if I agree with him about Snarky.
chilledtea
chilledtea
Mafia Scum
chilledtea
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #198 (isolation #12) » Tue Mar 22, 2016 1:42 pm

Post by chilledtea »

I am re-reading and posting thoughts across several posts guys.

In post 115, Rhaegar wrote:What's hard to get? I'm lobbying you to vote the person I actually think is scum rather than someone I don't think is scum?

Anyway.

Took the time to read through some of Lowell's most recent games. Only found town ones, but his play style appeared similar to here. He has good opinions about mafia theory and seems to follow them as town. That to me is key. Town players should by instinct be genuinely pursing scum, not making up bullshit reasons to do so.

I also really like (post 87). I disagree with the premise, but I don't disagree that he sincerely holds it and from that standpoint it explains his vote on shotty rather well.

Lowell is town in my opinion. I won't be joining that wagon.

Okay. I like this a lot. If Rhaegar really took the time to read through Lowell's history, I am impressed. I know I considered him town before, but I wanted to make this more out in public.
chilledtea
chilledtea
Mafia Scum
chilledtea
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #205 (isolation #13) » Tue Mar 22, 2016 2:03 pm

Post by chilledtea »

In post 119, duppin wrote:Just to clarify I am not voting on Shotty because of him being sarcastic.

I voted on him because of his earlier read on KTS. He called KTS out for making up scum reads. At the time I assumed this was Shotty calling KTS scum, so I didn't understand why he didn't follow up on it, which was why I asked him where he was going with this. Unfortunately his response didn't really answer my question. But if Shotty did not think it was a scum tell, I am really curious as to why he would bring it up.

At the moment I am inclined to believe he did not in fact think it was a scum tell seeing as he is now voting with KTS (both are voting on Lowell). If that's the case I find it pretty questionable, as it seems to me like he was trying to discredit KTS' vote. It is also a possibility he was waiting for someone else to pick up on it or just trying to keep his options open in case a train should start on KTS. Overall it seemed like he was waiting for a train to join instead of trying to start one himself. In either case I have a hard time seeing this coming from a town PoV.

It is possible I am reading too much into his post, but when he voted on Lowell it just made sense for this to be a scum play. (as in waiting for a train to present itself, not pushing a train himself even though he called someone out, who he is now voting with).

I am finding difficulty in following this. Lets focus on the particular paragraph :

Just to clarify I am not voting on Shotty because of him being sarcastic.

I voted on him because of his earlier read on KTS. He called KTS out for making up scum reads. At the time I assumed this was Shotty calling KTS scum, so I didn't understand why he didn't follow up on it, which was why I asked him where he was going with this. Unfortunately his response didn't really answer my question. But if Shotty did not think it was a scum tell, I am really curious as to why he would bring it up.

I am not seeing where shotty considered KTS scum ? Please help me out if I am mistaken.
chilledtea
chilledtea
Mafia Scum
chilledtea
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #208 (isolation #14) » Tue Mar 22, 2016 2:21 pm

Post by chilledtea »

In post 133, duppin wrote:In case it isn't obvious, I'm 99% sure there is at least one mafia between Shotty and Rhaegar.

Rhaeger's entrance is very questionable. Hard defending Shotty (calling out everyone voting on him etc), yet not willing to commit to a town read. Sounds to me like he is keeping his options opens.
He also admits that Shotty is playing scummy but claims that he always does that, yet he still questions everyone voting on him for not considering that - but how do you even know? What if people do believe this is scum Shotty? (I have never played with him before by the way).

Your 'defense' of him is really weird based on what you've said. Could be a play for town credit in case Shotty should get lynched and flips town. (very quick to call people out for voting on him as well.)

So anyway I'm going to sleep now.

Okay what.

Hmm, I didn't get that vibes at all. It actually looked like rhaegar doesn't like shotty very much but had some experience with him. Three people literally confirm this - KTS, rhaegar and shotty himself, that shotty gets easily mislynched. Why the specific focus on rhaegar?
chilledtea
chilledtea
Mafia Scum
chilledtea
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #210 (isolation #15) » Tue Mar 22, 2016 2:31 pm

Post by chilledtea »

In post 156, SnarkySnowman wrote:
In post 131, Killthestory wrote:no you have not seen my scum game lol. like ive gotten warnings for it. its probably changed by now but yeah, i have problems with it LOL

In post 141, Killthestory wrote:Also self meta is fucking annoying. Stop using it.

Interesting.

This is the second time snarky actually copied someone else's post. Drmyshottyizsik basically points this out in

The previous copy was "Sarcasm is scummy".

Is this a personality thing? Not necessarily a scumtell.
chilledtea
chilledtea
Mafia Scum
chilledtea
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #212 (isolation #16) » Tue Mar 22, 2016 2:41 pm

Post by chilledtea »

In post 172, KainTepes wrote:
In post 170, Almost50 wrote:OK... show me where KTS explicitly said you were town, and I might sheep you on this one. The Pista thing isn't scummy in itself. They'd have to stay on your wagon until you're @ L-2 (say) for it to be.

he did not EXPLICITLY say it,, but it is implied in his post when he accused Snarky and Me, saying Snarky is suspicious but I am "just a VI", even though we both did something he thought he was suspicious,, find it weird he is just "excusing me", it is very strange behavior

This would have been absolutely perfect logic if it wasn't coming from Kain.
chilledtea
chilledtea
Mafia Scum
chilledtea
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #215 (isolation #17) » Tue Mar 22, 2016 2:46 pm

Post by chilledtea »

In post 173, SnarkySnowman wrote:Town {Rhaegar, KainTepes, duppin}
Townlean {Lowell}
Null {Kop, pistachi0n, pisskop, Autti, shotty, chilledtea}
Scumlean {shotty}
Scum {KTS, Almost}

In post 166, Rhaegar wrote:Questions:
@Snarkysnowman: Why did you take your vote off of shotty, who you were/are calling scum, to put it on Almost. The shotty wagon still had momentum, and the almost wagon had none. It seems odd that you would abandon a good wagon on one scumspect, to place a vote on a nonexistant wagon of another scumspect.

The reason I voted shotty in the first place was because he basically claimed scum. Pretty sure it was a joke, and it fits with his meta from what I've read, but I'm reading both KTS and Almost as more scummy than shotty. He's still on my radar, but I think there are better options at the moment.

All right so unless you have answered this later on somewhere in the thread, why did you think almost is scum? That was the question.
chilledtea
chilledtea
Mafia Scum
chilledtea
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #216 (isolation #18) » Tue Mar 22, 2016 3:03 pm

Post by chilledtea »

In post 190, Autti wrote:One thing that Snarky did that i find curios is that he re-posted the 2 quotes from KilltheStory, that Lowell had already done.

Instead of referencing the original pickup (Lowell) he did it himself for the sweet sweet town cred.

Minor point, but something i always look out for when someone else is trying to gain cred as opposed to just hunting.

Hahahaha I just posted this. Although it was shotty not lowell. I disagree that it was for town credits. It just seems like his personality.
chilledtea
chilledtea
Mafia Scum
chilledtea
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #217 (isolation #19) » Tue Mar 22, 2016 3:05 pm

Post by chilledtea »

In post 209, Killthestory wrote:Well if I'm being perfectly honest I've never played with Shotty b4

Yes but Duppin doesn't know that/it is none of Duppin's business.
chilledtea
chilledtea
Mafia Scum
chilledtea
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #218 (isolation #20) » Tue Mar 22, 2016 3:06 pm

Post by chilledtea »

In post 214, KainTepes wrote:
In post 212, chilledtea wrote:
In post 172, KainTepes wrote:
In post 170, Almost50 wrote:OK... show me where KTS explicitly said you were town, and I might sheep you on this one. The Pista thing isn't scummy in itself. They'd have to stay on your wagon until you're @ L-2 (say) for it to be.

he did not EXPLICITLY say it,, but it is implied in his post when he accused Snarky and Me, saying Snarky is suspicious but I am "just a VI", even though we both did something he thought he was suspicious,, find it weird he is just "excusing me", it is very strange behavior

This would have been absolutely perfect logic if it wasn't coming from Kain.

WHAT DOES THAT MEAN?????

IF IT IS GOOD LOGIC IT DOESNT MATTER WHO SAYS IT!!!!!!!!

STOP BEING RUDE!!!!!!!!

Let us trade. I will stop being rude if you stop using caps all the time. The moment you start using caps, I be rude.
chilledtea
chilledtea
Mafia Scum
chilledtea
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #219 (isolation #21) » Tue Mar 22, 2016 3:09 pm

Post by chilledtea »

UNVOTE: shotty
I was completely joking around and thought shotty would get the joke. Instead he took it seriously and sarcastically answered back. I was taken aback by that, but I think it is best for all of us if we give him more time to express himself, especially if he does have that kind of reputation where he gets easily mislynched.

VOTE: Duppin

I think duppin is scum. His posts regarding rheagar seemed fake and forced.
chilledtea
chilledtea
Mafia Scum
chilledtea
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #221 (isolation #22) » Tue Mar 22, 2016 3:13 pm

Post by chilledtea »

Yes, he did something similar before -

In post 47, SnarkySnowman wrote:
In post 46, Killthestory wrote:Let's be clear that that's still scummy as fuck.
chilledtea
chilledtea
Mafia Scum
chilledtea
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #235 (isolation #23) » Tue Mar 22, 2016 8:20 pm

Post by chilledtea »

Unnecessary hostility KTS. Everybody cannot communicate with you properly if you swear and use personal attacks.
chilledtea
chilledtea
Mafia Scum
chilledtea
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #237 (isolation #24) » Wed Mar 23, 2016 2:36 am

Post by chilledtea »

In post 236, duppin wrote:
In post 208, chilledtea wrote:

Okay what.

Hmm, I didn't get that vibes at all. It actually looked like rhaegar doesn't like shotty very much but had some experience with him. Three people literally confirm this - KTS, rhaegar and shotty himself, that shotty gets easily mislynched. Why the specific focus on rhaegar?

Um, what? Irrelevant.

The difference between KTS, Rhaegar and Shotty (why would you even mention him) is obvious. Rhaegar is not town reading Shotty yet he is basing his reads around a town flip - he has now claimed he think his teammates would be bussing, but I think that's silly to pursue day 1 - but overall his play might be safer which I stated in my reply to him as well. I'm not calling Rhaegar out for mentioning that Shotty gets easily mislynched and I have no idea why you believe that is the reason.

From what I read, rhaegar simply stated that shotty gets easily mislynched when he is town because of his personality, and hence questioned the intentions of the people on the wagon. I don't see why he must read shotty as town to make that observation because null means possibly town, possibly scum. To put it simply, I don't consider that as a defence. I don't consider notifying people of a particular individual's meta as a defence. Also, if someone feels that people might be taking advantage of someone else's bad play, they may take the matter in their hands and address the people who are on the wagon.

In post 219, chilledtea wrote:
I think duppin is scum. His posts regarding rheagar seemed fake and forced.

That's a pretty vague and weak read. What exactly feels fake and forced?

Couple of stuff like 1) one of rhaegar and shotty must be scum (99% chance according to you), 2) Considering rhaegar's post as a defence.

Anyway in any case, I'm going to take a look at Shotty's train. While I still find Shotty suspicious, I think it's worth considering Rhaegar's play (unless I misunderstood what he is trying to do obviously).
chilledtea
chilledtea
Mafia Scum
chilledtea
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #244 (isolation #25) » Wed Mar 23, 2016 2:56 am

Post by chilledtea »

In post 240, duppin wrote:Chilledtea can you please read my posts?

Rhaegar is defending Shotty by pushing scum on the people voting on him. That is also how he is defending him.

I didn't get that impression. I was on the train too btw, but didn't get that impression at all. It felt more like he was trying to explain the meta and wanted to be careful regarding shotty.
chilledtea
chilledtea
Mafia Scum
chilledtea
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #245 (isolation #26) » Wed Mar 23, 2016 2:59 am

Post by chilledtea »

I always have difficulty understanding the "one of these two must be scum!" like why? It never makes any sense unless you have some very specific information (for eg LYLO).
chilledtea
chilledtea
Mafia Scum
chilledtea
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #249 (isolation #27) » Wed Mar 23, 2016 3:18 am

Post by chilledtea »

I disagree with it. I think that could be potentially harmful thought process as it seems to come from wifom-related point of view or paranoia.
chilledtea
chilledtea
Mafia Scum
chilledtea
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #250 (isolation #28) » Wed Mar 23, 2016 3:19 am

Post by chilledtea »

In post 249, chilledtea wrote:I disagree with it. I think that could be potentially harmful thought process as it seems to come from wifom-related point of view or paranoia.

This was in regards to
chilledtea
chilledtea
Mafia Scum
chilledtea
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #260 (isolation #29) » Wed Mar 23, 2016 5:16 am

Post by chilledtea »

Anyone else who agrees with the statement that rhaegar's interaction with shotty being strange?
chilledtea
chilledtea
Mafia Scum
chilledtea
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #350 (isolation #30) » Fri Mar 25, 2016 6:55 am

Post by chilledtea »

Apologies for the inactivitiy. I don't have much to catch up though, and I am not really seeing anything special. I will join you guys in the next 24 hours I guess.
chilledtea
chilledtea
Mafia Scum
chilledtea
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #422 (isolation #31) » Mon Mar 28, 2016 5:04 am

Post by chilledtea »

In post 419, pisskop wrote:Does anyone have a reason for not posting/hammering?

I do. I will post after some time.
chilledtea
chilledtea
Mafia Scum
chilledtea
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #567 (isolation #32) » Wed Mar 30, 2016 12:50 am

Post by chilledtea »

In post 566, duppin wrote:
In post 422, chilledtea wrote:
In post 419, pisskop wrote:Does anyone have a reason for not posting/hammering?

I do. I will post after some time.

Still waiting for this by the way.

You will see content from me soon.

I just wanted to say that a cop claim doesn't mean much, and night 1 claim actually made me more suspicious of snarky - but I've yet to fully catch up. So yeah there's that. Sorry that I haven't said much but ongoing games.exe.
chilledtea
chilledtea
Mafia Scum
chilledtea
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #575 (isolation #33) » Wed Mar 30, 2016 6:47 am

Post by chilledtea »

In post 477, Autti wrote:
In post 459, Rhaegar wrote:UNVOTE: snarky

That is one condition I was not going to lynch snarky on. I didn't say it, as to not lead him into saying it.

at this point snarky is dead.

There is no point in lynching him now.

If he is a N1 Cop, scum are forced to NK him.

If he is a N1 Cop and scum decide to gambit and don't NK him he will confirm a townie or confirm a scum for us. At that point we have a confirmed town in him (because of result) and another confirmed slot. The worst outcome for scum.

If he is scum, he obviously won't be Nk'd, but we can investigate him N1 if we have another N1 Cop, at which point we lynch him tomorrow if he has no result (key here is that he has to guess correctly for doc or cop, or to convince for a scum ML).

What if we have no N1 cop? What if he is just saying so to attract whatever possible protections on N1?
chilledtea
chilledtea
Mafia Scum
chilledtea
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #576 (isolation #34) » Wed Mar 30, 2016 6:58 am

Post by chilledtea »

In post 501, Lowell wrote:On its face, that argument makes no sense. Obviously a town-influenced kill is better than nothing. Also I more or less reject the notion that NKs give "information." That what people always say, but I don't actually find it to be true.

Everyone in the town is PR. The scum might as well use random numbers during the night to make a kill.
chilledtea
chilledtea
Mafia Scum
chilledtea
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #577 (isolation #35) » Wed Mar 30, 2016 7:10 am

Post by chilledtea »

In post 545, duppin wrote:@Almost50, in this particular setup? What makes you believe this setup changes anything?

Town should never push for a no lynch day 1. You have to realise that by not lynching anyone day 1 basically means that day 2 is going to turn into day 1 v2 - we will still have very limited information which also means that people are (most likely) going to pursue the exact same targets they did day 1 as it is unlikely anything would've changed their mind - so basically it sets town back one day.
This is not in town's interest. Not lynching does not progress the game.

There is no point in doing anything day 1 if we are just going to go for a no lynch (sure some interactions might come in handy later, but it's still not a good play). The game could just begin during nighttime then, as the only solid information we are going to get anyway is going to come from the NK's and even then it's doubtful we would gain anything from that either as it would be easy for scum to just kill someone who's flip won't have that big of an impact on the game (as in players who haven't really done much day 1).

You also have to realise that lynching is the only way for town to kill scum and that is obviously not possible if we don't lynch, so we're just giving away a free kill to scum. Yes it is possible we lynch town day 1 (in fact that is usually what happens), but that's still better than not lynching at all. We can then look at vote records and interactions and actually base it on something. This is not really possible now (which is also why I disliked Rhaegar's defense earlier, but let's not to there again). We need some flips, simple as that.

As for this specific game I think town are in a bit of a weird situation. Snarky claims he is a N1 cop - I personally don't really buy it, but it is possible.
The question is, what do we do with him? Some have been saying we should let him live, and while I'm tempted to agree people have to realise this is very risky.

This is going to be one big WIFOM fest and I'm not sure this is good for town. If Snarky is still alive tomorrow people have already hinted they would doubt his claim then, but that's so easy for scum to play around. Let's look at the possible scenarios.

A) He survives and has a guilty check: There is a guaranteed scum between him and his target. If he is scum it means we are (most likely) going to mislynch a town day 2 and it also means that day 2 is going to be pretty useless as a guilty check means vote records are useless - If Snowman is indeed the cop he should definitely not reveal that he has a guilty check rightaway, but again this would be fairly for him and his teammates to play around if he is scum.

B) He survives and has an innocent check: People are going to doubt him. Did he survive because he was scum, because he was protected or because scum is trying to frame him? It's going to be WIFOM hell. Day phase could prove to be very interesting though.

C) He dies: Actually a decent scenaro. We will then know he was town which makes his wagon a little bit more interesting (and I'd really look into the possible deflection going on then). Unfortunately we won't have his check.
Gaining this information is also possible by lynching him though.

So this is how I see it; if we do not lynch SS he has to either get a guilty check or get NK'ed. Him surviving with an innocent check obviously means whoever he targeted is confirmed town (if SS is a cop), but we won't know that until SS flips.

Normally I'd agree with the people saying we should leave SS alive (I too believe that is the mechanical correct play), but I think his claim is very questionable and I am really not interested in the WIFOM crap that might play out if he survives. I still consider him an option for today.

I'd rather lynch someone else though. Shotty or Almost50. Not interested in KTS. Willing to listen to other trains if someone has a proper case.

Yeah I like this post a lot but disagree with the last sentence.
chilledtea
chilledtea
Mafia Scum
chilledtea
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #578 (isolation #36) » Wed Mar 30, 2016 7:18 am

Post by chilledtea »

In post 554, Almost50 wrote:
In post 545, duppin wrote:You have to realise that by not lynching anyone day 1 basically means that day 2 is going to turn into day 1 v2

Not in THIS setup. That's why I emphasized on the term.

In post 545, duppin wrote:we will still have very limited information which also means that people are (most likely) going to pursue the exact same targets they did day 1 as it is unlikely anything would've changed their mind - so basically it sets town back one day.

Except we are likely to have cop investigation results AND a night kill. We can trace back the NK interactions and analyze their reads.

What you say (the no new info) would only be true if the cop(s) got blocked (which is not applicable since we know there's no RB in the setup) AND there's no NK either, in which case; yes we're basically playing D1 v2, but then we also haven't lost anyone at all. I'd repeat the process on D2 if necessary and we would probably end up with 3-4 confirmed town players (assuming a no NK on N1 = one cop result as it stands now, so on D2 the cop could investigate SS to verify his alignment and claim on D3. If SS is town then we can trust his N1 result as well, so at least 3 confirmed town players.)

In post 545, duppin wrote:There is no point in doing anything day 1 if we are just going to go for a no lynch (sure some interactions might come in handy later, but it's still not a good play).

Again, this is true in general, but NOT in a setup where everyone can potentially return a guilty/not guilty result or help secure the info will come in the open by protecting the one who will get it.

You see, in chess -say- there are pawns and there are powerful pieces. VTs are the pawns in this game. The situation now is like we have run out of pawns already, and all remaining pieces are rocks or bishops. Rather than losing either for no reason I would rather hold on to my pieces until they've done something that will help tighten the board and choke the opponent's remaining pieces.

In post 545, duppin wrote:The game could just begin during nighttime then,

If it did, we might still get a result from the cop, but the NK would have nothing to it to analyze. The purpose of the day talk we had is to make a link between the kill and someone. We will need to think why the mafia picked this target over any other. We won't have that if it was a night start.

In fact, we can always assume we did start with a night phase, someone got killed and flipped VT. Now this is the following day and we're trying to find out who did it.

In post 545, duppin wrote:it would be easy for scum to just kill someone who's flip won't have that big of an impact on the game (as in players who haven't really done much day 1).

First point I can agree with. But then, some players try to lay low as PRs to avoid being killed. I seem to notice the mafia kills follow two very distinct philosophies. The first one is what you're suggesting: Target the less active players who show no commitment to the game. The other one is target the vocal players who are likely to be town leaders and drive pushes leading to lynches. That -of course- aside from the obvious targeting of the PRs; which -in this setup- is all of us (up until now).

In post 545, duppin wrote:You also have to realise that lynching is the only way for town to kill scum and that is obviously not possible if we don't lynch,

Well this IS the core of our different views. I mean, the quoted statement is 100% true, yet it's 100% misleading 9it looks like it was extracted from a Microsoft manual or something).

It IS the town's only was to kill scum. It is also the town's only way to kill a townie. So, to make it completely and utterly true it should be "it's the town's only way to kill". Period.

The town needs to kill SCUM. I fully agree. The town does NOT benefit from killing it's own though, hence I'm calling for an informed lynch rather than one for the sake of lynching.

What we're doing 9pushing for a lynch for the sake of it) is closer to playing on dozens (or columns) in roulette. In fact, even playing dozens or columns have better odds of winning. Our odds are 3/13 (= 12/52 as opposed to 12/38 in roulette 12 numbers).

In post 545, duppin wrote:so we're just giving away a free kill to scum

OR we're giving THEM a free kill if we lynch one of us.

In post 545, duppin wrote:Yes it is possible we lynch town day 1 (in fact that is usually what happens), but that's still better than not lynching at all.

And now we're back to being on opposing sides on this. Losing one of us is NOT a better option. This "one of us" could be the one who decides the game later on. They could be the N4/N5 cop who will solve the game in LyLo, or could be the N4/N5 doctor who would save a townie from being NK'd thus ensuring we do get to the LyLo/MyLo.

In post 545, duppin wrote:We can then look at vote records and interactions and actually base it on something.

The same can be done based on an ISO of D1 VCs in D2 even if we don't lynch. ONE flip is all we need, and considering the day ends when we reach a majority (except for twilight where you still can't vote) it is basically the same thing... a flip + VCs from the previous day. It is the equivalent of a lynch + a successful night protection.

In post 545, duppin wrote:B) He survives and has an innocent check: People are going to doubt him. Did he survive because he was scum, because he was protected or because scum is trying to frame him?

I dunno about him being a fake cop or if scum want to frame him, but I know a doc who protected him should claim loud and clear. You seem to overlook the fact that anyone who has performed an action on N1 is a mere VT on N2. Even if scum wanted to play us they only have 3 members, so they can't claim N1 cop, N1 doc and expect to get away with it for long.

The way I see it is -from now on- we don't claim until we've performed out actions. Like, if there a N3 cop they don't need to claim and don't need to be pushed all the way to be forced to claim. HOWEVER, if still alive on D4 they MUST claim, not only their role but also their result. The same goes to doctors. If we do this I expect the town to win on D4 with all info being on the table.

Now assuming SS survives and no doctor claim on protecting him, we have two possibilities:
He claims a guilty or he claims not guilty on someone. If the former we lynch the target and see how they flip. If the latter we lynch SS (as he has performed his duty) and if he flips town we know his result is spot on.
In fact, let me put this in another colour so it would still stand out for skimmers.

In post 545, duppin wrote:Him surviving with an innocent check obviously means whoever he targeted is confirmed town (if SS is a cop), but we won't know that until SS flips.

Please reread the print in blue for this case.

I want to know why you are sure of SS being town and how we can verify if he isn't tomorrow.
chilledtea
chilledtea
Mafia Scum
chilledtea
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #579 (isolation #37) » Wed Mar 30, 2016 7:24 am

Post by chilledtea »

In post 554, Almost50 wrote:
Now assuming SS survives and no doctor claim on protecting him, we have two possibilities:
He claims a guilty or he claims not guilty on someone. If the former we lynch the target and see how they flip. If the latter we lynch SS (as he has performed his duty) and if he flips town we know his result is spot on.
In fact, let me put this in another colour so it would still stand out for skimmers.

In post 545, duppin wrote:Him surviving with an innocent check obviously means whoever he targeted is confirmed town (if SS is a cop), but we won't know that until SS flips.

Please reread the print in blue for this case.

What? He could fake his innocent read as well. If he has an innocent on a guilty member that clears two people who are guilty? Himself and his scumpartner?
chilledtea
chilledtea
Mafia Scum
chilledtea
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #583 (isolation #38) » Wed Mar 30, 2016 7:33 am

Post by chilledtea »

All I am saying is SS's claim means nothing.
chilledtea
chilledtea
Mafia Scum
chilledtea
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #585 (isolation #39) » Wed Mar 30, 2016 7:39 am

Post by chilledtea »

So I read the wiki again and a thing to remember is the flip will not give us information regarding the night of a particular individual. The flip will only tell us whether doc and cop also - mafia know how many cops and docs are there.

Let me think on this a bit more.
chilledtea
chilledtea
Mafia Scum
chilledtea
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #586 (isolation #40) » Wed Mar 30, 2016 7:52 am

Post by chilledtea »

I definitely think that a lynch is more important than a no lynch though.

I think that Kop needs to speak more - he has said that he believes in a lynch but other than that his opinions aren't that clear. His vote is still on SS.

I think lowell, pisskop, rhaegar, shotty, kts, almost, duppin shouldn't be lynched today. They are providing valuable content and feel town to me.

The lynch should be either SS, or one of autti, pista, kaintepes, kop. If you can give a good reason for someone else, then I will hear it. Interestingly enough, I have absolutely not much to give as a reason to lynch anyone. During these situations I generally go for lurkers which would mean I would go for Kop.
chilledtea
chilledtea
Mafia Scum
chilledtea
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #587 (isolation #41) » Wed Mar 30, 2016 7:55 am

Post by chilledtea »

VOTE: Kop

Kop needs to be here and doesn't get to be in the background while others attempt to make a decision.
chilledtea
chilledtea
Mafia Scum
chilledtea
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #589 (isolation #42) » Wed Mar 30, 2016 7:58 am

Post by chilledtea »

In post 588, Almost50 wrote:
In post 575, chilledtea wrote:What if we have no N1 cop? What if he is just saying so to attract whatever possible protections on N1?

let me say it one more time: If SS is alive in D2 he will provide an investigation result on someone. A guilty means we lynch the target and see their flip to confirm SS' alignment. A NOT guilty we lynch SS to verify his alignment and either confirm or refuse his investigation result. basically, unless SS hits on scum he is the lynch target of D2 (if he come up with a NOT guilty) or D3 (if he comes up with a guilty on someone who flips town). The only way SS will see D4 is if we lynch scum on D2 based on his investigation/recommendation.

So a guilty will mean SS gets to see D3? What if he busses his partner? I mean they know our plan.

This is a lot of wifom.
chilledtea
chilledtea
Mafia Scum
chilledtea
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #590 (isolation #43) » Wed Mar 30, 2016 8:00 am

Post by chilledtea »

Almost do you realize that him being suspicious in our eyes on day 1 means that there will always be some amount of wifom that will affect us on day 4 even if he gives us a guilty result? We will be thinking along all these lines on day 4 if he is alive because of a guilty investigation.
chilledtea
chilledtea
Mafia Scum
chilledtea
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #591 (isolation #44) » Wed Mar 30, 2016 8:04 am

Post by chilledtea »

All right -

SS give me your reads on pisskop, KainT, auttin and rhaegar.

Almost give me your reads on pista, KT, Kop, and duppin.
chilledtea
chilledtea
Mafia Scum
chilledtea
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #604 (isolation #45) » Wed Mar 30, 2016 9:48 am

Post by chilledtea »

The only way SS not getting lynched will help us is if he is town. Why would we ever lynch him if we thought he is town?

I am unable to get my head around this logic. Why is almost acting like this is a random lynch?

By this logic we should always no lynch if we have power roles.
chilledtea
chilledtea
Mafia Scum
chilledtea
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #608 (isolation #46) » Wed Mar 30, 2016 10:33 am

Post by chilledtea »

In post 605, Killthestory wrote:i think this entire argument is stupid as fuk

Suggest a course of action.
chilledtea
chilledtea
Mafia Scum
chilledtea
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #610 (isolation #47) » Wed Mar 30, 2016 10:36 am

Post by chilledtea »

Yeah I agree with that, is it almost, ss , kop or someone else?
chilledtea
chilledtea
Mafia Scum
chilledtea
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #612 (isolation #48) » Wed Mar 30, 2016 10:55 am

Post by chilledtea »

I don't believe in meta, but town almost has been known to have ..unconventional ideas regarding setups and such. Regardless of meta I think he is town.
chilledtea
chilledtea
Mafia Scum
chilledtea
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #614 (isolation #49) » Wed Mar 30, 2016 10:58 am

Post by chilledtea »

I am voting him and feel if we are going down the route of policy lynching it is better to lynch a lurker instead.
chilledtea
chilledtea
Mafia Scum
chilledtea
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #618 (isolation #50) » Wed Mar 30, 2016 11:11 am

Post by chilledtea »

So is Kop your scumbuddy, Lowell?
chilledtea
chilledtea
Mafia Scum
chilledtea
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #658 (isolation #51) » Thu Mar 31, 2016 6:31 am

Post by chilledtea »

In post 654, Rhaegar wrote:
In post 653, SnarkySnowman wrote:VOTE: Killthestory

Definitely anti-town behavior, regardless of alignment.

By my count, this is L-1.

Intent to hammer.

Might as well give reasons as to why you want to vote kts.
chilledtea
chilledtea
Mafia Scum
chilledtea
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1263 (isolation #52) » Tue May 10, 2016 8:53 am

Post by chilledtea »

I would like to thank andrius for trying in LYLO because he did well imo.

Otherwise, town definitely deserved the win and because of autti and rhaegar basically being absent this game was lost.
chilledtea
chilledtea
Mafia Scum
chilledtea
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1265 (isolation #53) » Tue May 10, 2016 10:23 pm

Post by chilledtea »

Yeah, I wasn't really blaming them. Just unfortunate really.

Return to “Completed Open Games”