Gammagooey
Glad Hatter
Gammagooey
Glad Hatter
Glad Hatter

Post Post #45 (isolation #1) » Mon Apr 04, 2016 9:10 am

Post by Gammagooey »

@bro- sup?

In post 37, RadiantCowbells wrote:I'm sketched out by the people voting Nahdia when she can't directly fight back.

^this is garbage

In post 38, kuribo wrote:
In post 37, RadiantCowbells wrote:I'm sketched out by the people voting Nahdia when she can't directly fight back.

I don't like the smell of the Nahdia wagon.

^this is fine

Clumsy wrote:
Or we could all pledge and let RC be Super-Vote PR. See if he could just vote randomly and win the game. XD

this is currently the sketchiest sentence in the game by a pretty solid amount.

Vote: Clumsy
Gammagooey
Gammagooey
Glad Hatter
Gammagooey
Glad Hatter
Glad Hatter

Post Post #52 (isolation #2) » Mon Apr 04, 2016 11:51 am

Post by Gammagooey »

I don't like 37 because the idea that scum decided to attack Nahdia as risk-minimization on their part to avoid getting OMGUS'd (which seems to be what you're implying but correct me if i'm wrong) being more likely than the players voting her thinking 'lol, rvs' regardless of their alignment has an odor reminiscent of left out meat.

BROseidon wrote:
Why do you dislike RC's post and like kuribo's? I'm inclined to like them both (both making a good point), and they both have PRs that are ~probably~ town PRs.

If there's a lengthy conversation/argument about 'but possibly prs tho' on page 3 of the game instead of just ignoring it and talking about who's scummy for the things they're doing (yes i know basically nothings happened yet but it's the principle of the thing) you'll make me the saddest person. please don't make me the saddest person.
Gammagooey
Gammagooey
Glad Hatter
Gammagooey
Glad Hatter
Glad Hatter

Post Post #64 (isolation #3) » Mon Apr 04, 2016 2:36 pm

Post by Gammagooey »

@hiplop- his post felt like he was trying to fit in with kuribo and the town and general and made a half-serious half jokey post to match what everyone else is doing in the game thus far. your post exists I'm pretty sure because you felt like bluntly saying something for shits and giggles.
Gammagooey
Gammagooey
Glad Hatter
Gammagooey
Glad Hatter
Glad Hatter

Post Post #115 (isolation #4) » Tue Apr 05, 2016 12:37 am

Post by Gammagooey »

In post 82, Clumsy wrote:
In post 52, Gammagooey wrote:
BROseidon wrote:
Why do you dislike RC's post and like kuribo's? I'm inclined to like them both (both making a good point), and they both have PRs that are ~probably~ town PRs.

If there's a lengthy conversation/argument about 'but possibly prs tho' on page 3 of the game instead of just ignoring it and talking about who's scummy for the things they're doing (yes i know basically nothings happened yet but it's the principle of the thing) you'll make me the saddest person. please don't make me the saddest person.

That didn't actually answer the question. I'm wondering the same here, and you dodged it by talking about the second half.

ACTUAL full quote of my 52:
In post 52, Gammagooey wrote:I don't like 37 because the idea that scum decided to attack Nahdia as risk-minimization on their part to avoid getting OMGUS'd (which seems to be what you're implying but correct me if i'm wrong) being more likely than the players voting her thinking 'lol, rvs' regardless of their alignment has an odor reminiscent of left out meat.

BROseidon wrote:

@Clumsy- I answered that in the exact post that you quoted and you left it out. Is there a particular reason why you were curious enough about it to ask while simultaneously stupid enough to not realize that I answered it?
Gammagooey
Gammagooey
Glad Hatter
Gammagooey
Glad Hatter
Glad Hatter

Post Post #203 (isolation #5) » Tue Apr 05, 2016 12:39 pm

Post by Gammagooey »

My only reads so far are a Clumsy scum read and gut town reads on Nahdia and Spiffeh. I'll maybe post a bit more after Clumsy responds, since pretty much everything else in the game seems more likely to be white noise than meaningfully readable imo.
Gammagooey
Gammagooey
Glad Hatter
Gammagooey
Glad Hatter
Glad Hatter

Post Post #214 (isolation #6) » Tue Apr 05, 2016 6:04 pm

Post by Gammagooey »

Sorry to see ya go kuribo. But do something fun with the time you were planning on spending here, kk? :3
Gammagooey
Gammagooey
Glad Hatter
Gammagooey
Glad Hatter
Glad Hatter

Post Post #221 (isolation #7) » Wed Apr 06, 2016 7:48 am

Post by Gammagooey »

Clumsy wrote:
In post 203, Gammagooey wrote:My only reads so far are a Clumsy scum read and gut town reads on Nahdia and Spiffeh. I'll maybe post a bit more after Clumsy responds, since pretty much everything else in the game seems more likely to be white noise than meaningfully readable imo.

Those three are the -only- reads you have so far? I'm not expecting everyone to be sorted, but that's it?

Yep!
I tend to think that most posts, espeeeeecially early game, are a lot more reflective of a player's personality than their alignment, and that trying to ascribe someone's alignment from posts that I can very, very easily see coming from that player as either alignment is more likely to introduce likely incorrect biases when trying to evaluate them later (when they've made plenty of additional posts and have said things that ARE more likely to be alignment relevant) than do anything useful.

Also, I do want you to answer my question to you in , though it's not a very kind one. Because to me it looks more likely to be a lazy effort to attack me for saying something that looks vaguely contradictory than a genuine desire to know why I did it, considering that even if we assume that you didn't leave it out intentionally to try to show that I was 'suspicious', it implies you weren't even paying enough attention to the post you're quoting to realize that the part you deleted was exactly what you asked for.
Gammagooey
Gammagooey
Glad Hatter
Gammagooey
Glad Hatter
Glad Hatter

Post Post #267 (isolation #8) » Thu Apr 07, 2016 9:39 am

Post by Gammagooey »

In post 241, RadiantCowbells wrote:Alright there's no content coming out.

VOTE: Broseidon

Just lynch this.

We haven't had a weekend yet, ya gots ta chill mang

why bro over clumsy?
Gammagooey
Gammagooey
Glad Hatter
Gammagooey
Glad Hatter
Glad Hatter

Post Post #272 (isolation #9) » Thu Apr 07, 2016 10:23 am

Post by Gammagooey »

In post 271, RadiantCowbells wrote:well Bro is scum independent of the interaction which is terrible.

whhyyyyyy
Gammagooey
Gammagooey
Glad Hatter
Gammagooey
Glad Hatter
Glad Hatter

Post Post #311 (isolation #10) » Fri Apr 08, 2016 12:27 pm

Post by Gammagooey »

heeeeeeeey nahdia

have any decent scumreads?
Gammagooey
Gammagooey
Glad Hatter
Gammagooey
Glad Hatter
Glad Hatter

Post Post #353 (isolation #11) » Sat Apr 09, 2016 5:45 am

Post by Gammagooey »

super quick opinions before lunch

I think Clumsy's been playing in a way that's pretty heavily focused on what the rest of the game thinks rather than specifically who he thinks is scum. I don't like it but I also don't think it's 100% likely to be a scumtell for him given that he's a pretty new player.

For bro I don't think he's really done anything that looks to be slightly town since his early game comments on kuribo (and thats not a strong tell at all), and I also think that the RC-him bickering is useless unreadable trash. Really I just want to see him do something that's not that.
Gammagooey
Gammagooey
Glad Hatter
Gammagooey
Glad Hatter
Glad Hatter

Post Post #362 (isolation #12) » Sat Apr 09, 2016 1:04 pm

Post by Gammagooey »

BROseidon wrote:Eh, I think the part that's worse is that he's upset at me for doing nothing when I'm probably the person who's done the most this game.

Like, I don't really know what he'd expect.

i don't remember you doing literally anything of value aside from the kuribo posts.

which is mostly just saying that i think your posts where you vote someone and say their posting is bad with maybe two words of description is worthless, but shrug.
Gammagooey
Gammagooey
Glad Hatter
Gammagooey
Glad Hatter
Glad Hatter

Post Post #363 (isolation #13) » Sat Apr 09, 2016 1:12 pm

Post by Gammagooey »

In post 357, hiplop wrote:I don't like Gammas post re: clumsy. He's basically saying "clumsy is either right or wrong and town or scum!"

i dunno wtf you're talking about with right or wrong, but town or scum is pretty close to accurate at least. it's more eloquently put as "i'm voting him now pretty lazily and would be actually putting effort into pushing him if him being a newbie didn't made that type of behavior less of a scumtell". i might read over the people who haven't posted much tomorrow and see if any actual opinion on them springs from that though since I am being a bit of a lazy asshole atm.
Gammagooey
Gammagooey
Glad Hatter
Gammagooey
Glad Hatter
Glad Hatter

Post Post #372 (isolation #14) » Sat Apr 09, 2016 5:05 pm

Post by Gammagooey »

Oh hey aris' s last big post is the best thing in the game so far

Also @aris-read me whatever way you want for now and it'll turn out fine pretty soon anyway. Like ill prob be Obvtown by d2 because it happens and ill be nkliked after that because it always happens.

Also also because your last post is the type of thing that should be encouraged in this game you get my vote a single time in the future when it's not a hammer vote on request

Maelstrom also feels like a slight town read for drunkposting and I know thats dumb but deal w/ it until theres better things in the game
Gammagooey
Gammagooey
Glad Hatter
Gammagooey
Glad Hatter
Glad Hatter

Post Post #386 (isolation #15) » Sun Apr 10, 2016 5:34 am

Post by Gammagooey »

RC I'm pretty much not going to vote bro unless you actually explain it, because if bro is town getting details of an incorrect read on someone after a lynch is way way less informative than actually having the reasons beforehand. The details actually given once someone realizes that it's no longer relevant to the gamestate and won't help them do anything they find useful tend to fall much closer to 'this is all fucking useless' than 'i see exactly why they think this that makes sense and that thought process makes them likely town'
Gammagooey
Gammagooey
Glad Hatter
Gammagooey
Glad Hatter
Glad Hatter

Post Post #389 (isolation #16) » Sun Apr 10, 2016 11:29 am

Post by Gammagooey »

Clumsy wrote:
In post 376, Maestro wrote:Fine. You e sold drunk me on Broseidon. Sober me may have THINGS TO SAY to you.

I'm really concerned about this post. Even though his vote is already RC's, the post before this didn't have any argument to it. It just said "Let's lynch this" and he said "You sold me on it." This sounds like a big cop out to be on a mislynch wagon to me.

Do you have any reason to think bro is town? Given that they've been talking about it in RC's neighborhood topic I don't see any reason to think it's more likely to be coming from scum than town who's been in a conversation with RC about it in there.
Gammagooey
Gammagooey
Glad Hatter
Gammagooey
Glad Hatter
Glad Hatter

Post Post #394 (isolation #17) » Sun Apr 10, 2016 1:03 pm

Post by Gammagooey »

BROseidon wrote:Like any of the lurkers other than EP I wouldn't be against lynching.

Clumsy is the most likely to be scum out of anyone in the thread so far, but if rc ever gets off his 'everyone should do what i say but im too lazy to actually post a case' high horse you'd probably be my second choice.

How does this make you
feel
Gammagooey
Gammagooey
Glad Hatter
Gammagooey
Glad Hatter
Glad Hatter

Post Post #450 (isolation #18) » Sun Apr 10, 2016 3:24 pm

Post by Gammagooey »

fuuuck this noise

Vote: broseidon
Gammagooey
Gammagooey
Glad Hatter
Gammagooey
Glad Hatter
Glad Hatter

Post Post #452 (isolation #19) » Sun Apr 10, 2016 3:26 pm

Post by Gammagooey »

In post 443, BROseidon wrote:Oh boo fucking hoo.

You guys make this game fucking miserable for me, and as soon as I turn the fucking table you can't deal.

nobody's done fucking anything to you except think you're scum and be arguably irritating and obtuse and you decide to be an enormous cunt. Those are not equivalent things.
Gammagooey
Gammagooey
Glad Hatter
Gammagooey
Glad Hatter
Glad Hatter

Post Post #457 (isolation #20) » Sun Apr 10, 2016 3:33 pm

Post by Gammagooey »

I don't actually remember any games with you aside from Drawn on Arrival, where I don't think I ever really gave a shit about you and you tunnelled on me and my mason partner the whole time, but as many can tell my memory is pretty bad.

i'd personally suggest a strategy aside from bitching about people scumreading you because honestly has that shit ever worked as any alignment? like I was hoping to actually hear your opinion on Clumsy when I commented on him and you together, but I don't think you've said anything about him this whole game.
Gammagooey
Gammagooey
Glad Hatter
Gammagooey
Glad Hatter
Glad Hatter

Post Post #465 (isolation #21) » Sun Apr 10, 2016 4:14 pm

Post by Gammagooey »

Vote: Clumsy

doo di doo di doo
Gammagooey
Gammagooey
Glad Hatter
Gammagooey
Glad Hatter
Glad Hatter

Post Post #500 (isolation #22) » Sun Apr 10, 2016 5:13 pm

Post by Gammagooey »

In post 498, Clumsy wrote:to a lesser extent Gamma I'm leaning scum.

i'm interested in this thing, why leaning scum?
Gammagooey
Gammagooey
Glad Hatter
Gammagooey
Glad Hatter
Glad Hatter

Post Post #504 (isolation #23) » Sun Apr 10, 2016 6:10 pm

Post by Gammagooey »

buzzfeed you're a nice guy and all but could we not
Gammagooey
Gammagooey
Glad Hatter
Gammagooey
Glad Hatter
Glad Hatter

Post Post #505 (isolation #24) » Sun Apr 10, 2016 6:15 pm

Post by Gammagooey »

In post 501, Clumsy wrote:You've seemed to be really tunnely, mainly on me and Bro. While I don't disagree on Bro, I do find people that tunnel seem to be more often scum. I tunneled on a guy named Shrike the entirety of D1 as my first game, which I was scum. Other than that just gut. Like I said though, it's to a lesser extent. Not sure I would want you as a lynch today.

i personally disagree with tunnelling as a scumtell but it's a fine enough surface level reason so whatever. what makes you think my own particular brand of tunneling would be a scumtell? Why would tunneling make the game easier for me or make my position better as scum?
Gammagooey
Gammagooey
Glad Hatter
Gammagooey
Glad Hatter
Glad Hatter

Post Post #530 (isolation #25) » Sun Apr 10, 2016 7:49 pm

Post by Gammagooey »

i'm the best though

also im looking forward to my METEORIC rise in best-i-tude as he reads pages where I'm not a useless asshole because earlygame.
Gammagooey
Gammagooey
Glad Hatter
Gammagooey
Glad Hatter
Glad Hatter

Post Post #540 (isolation #26) » Tue Apr 12, 2016 3:46 am

Post by Gammagooey »

Ranger wrote:
RadiantCowbells wrote:sorta waiting for Ranger to catch up so I can read that slot
It's coming.

Kuroi and Nahdia are both sending off alarm flags with their responses though. Especially Kuroi.

That's dumb? Your way of doing it is better than people who do page by page thoughts that end up just filling the thread with hearing themselves talk to nobody about nothing remotely relevant until they got to major plot points in the game, but it's still going to be useless filler unless anyone's insane enough to try to read you based on those readlists. like kurio's comments especially are imo pretty clearly pertaining to your style of catchup posting being bad and not his thoughts on your alignment.
Gammagooey
Gammagooey
Glad Hatter
Gammagooey
Glad Hatter
Glad Hatter

Post Post #554 (isolation #27) » Tue Apr 12, 2016 5:43 am

Post by Gammagooey »

In post 546, Spiffeh wrote:Gamma what are your thoughts on Kuroi?

eh. what he has so far is pretty insubstantial. the most interesting things he's done is attack hiplop a bit but that doesn't have enough words to really judge where he's coming from there, and his vote on errant seems a little overblown but it's not like that coming from town would be surprising either. my comment to ranger is a lot more of me thinking her scumreading kuroi for his response her page-by-page readslists is dumb than actually having a townread on kuroi.
Gammagooey
Gammagooey
Glad Hatter
Gammagooey
Glad Hatter
Glad Hatter

Post Post #557 (isolation #28) » Tue Apr 12, 2016 5:51 am

Post by Gammagooey »

I can see the similarities, but I think the best reason I have for Clumsy being scum is how he's forming his scumreads, as I think that the way he's doing it seems a lot more like how scum would search for things to scumread rather than how I think most people as town read through the game and go after what jumps out at them.

I do also think that Clumsy's town feeeeels slightly worse than kurio's somehow but I don't think I'm going to be able to explain it in any way that would be more meaningful than me just saying 'lol, gut'.
Gammagooey
Gammagooey
Glad Hatter
Gammagooey
Glad Hatter
Glad Hatter

Post Post #558 (isolation #29) » Tue Apr 12, 2016 5:51 am

Post by Gammagooey »

tone*, not town in that second sentence.
Gammagooey
Gammagooey
Glad Hatter
Gammagooey
Glad Hatter
Glad Hatter

Post Post #562 (isolation #30) » Tue Apr 12, 2016 5:56 am

Post by Gammagooey »

@RC-if you mean the players in it, you're eh, nahdia seems town, maestro seems slightly town, and errant seems like he's secretly not actually in this game.

if you mean what are my thoughts on how/why people have joined the neighborhood and how does that affect their alignment, i don't give a fuck.
Gammagooey
Gammagooey
Glad Hatter
Gammagooey
Glad Hatter
Glad Hatter

Post Post #626 (isolation #31) » Wed Apr 13, 2016 3:46 am

Post by Gammagooey »

Man that's pretty legitimately dissapointing.

@Ranger- I don't really see why you're scumreading me unless you're basically hard-pairing kurio and I. Can you fill me in? I will say that I voted bro over clumsy in the post you mentioned solely because his personal attack on RC was abhorrent, and I'd like to see people get immediately lynched whenever they try bullshit like that instead of it getting shrugged off and it becoming another thing that's tacitly tolerated and then used by others to argue for the alignment of that player one way or another later in the game.

@Clumsy- answer this for me please
In post 505, Gammagooey wrote:
In post 501, Clumsy wrote:You've seemed to be really tunnely, mainly on me and Bro. While I don't disagree on Bro, I do find people that tunnel seem to be more often scum. I tunneled on a guy named Shrike the entirety of D1 as my first game, which I was scum. Other than that just gut. Like I said though, it's to a lesser extent. Not sure I would want you as a lynch today.

i personally disagree with tunnelling as a scumtell but it's a fine enough surface level reason so whatever. what makes you think my own particular brand of tunneling would be a scumtell? Why would tunneling make the game easier for me or make my position better as scum?

If you want to base it off of what you were thinking at the time of voting me that's even better, but even if you didn't think about it at the time I still want you to go over it now and use this to basically evaluate the reasons for your read and what you think my underlying motivations for what I'm doing are.
Gammagooey
Gammagooey
Glad Hatter
Gammagooey
Glad Hatter
Glad Hatter

Post Post #633 (isolation #32) » Wed Apr 13, 2016 1:49 pm

Post by Gammagooey »

i swear to hellfuck game please don't make me ask every question i ask to anyone twice

@Ranger- I don't really see why you're scumreading me unless you're basically hard-pairing kurio and I. Can you fill me in?
Gammagooey
Gammagooey
Glad Hatter
Gammagooey
Glad Hatter
Glad Hatter

Post Post #658 (isolation #33) » Thu Apr 14, 2016 3:04 am

Post by Gammagooey »

In post 649, Ranger wrote:
Gammagooey wrote:@Ranger- I don't really see why you're scumreading me unless you're basically hard-pairing kurio and I. Can you fill me in?
All your posts, especially the earlier ones, trip the scumdar hard.

Man I'm trying to get something useful out of this.

I kept hearing before you replaced in about how intelligent you were, I'm pretty sure you can do better than that. It's similar to the shit I was asking Clumsy about with mindsets- yeah your read is gut but MOST of the time if you go back and actually read through the posts again, you can specify to some extent what's bugging you about the posts. For me a lot of the time it comes down to tone and the player not addressing others like they're actually trying to read them, other times it's because I think they're posting for the sake of posting instead of trying to figure out anything in regards to the game.

And personally this game feels a bit maddening with what seems like a third of the game not actually playing or only playing in RC's QT and another third still not having more than a sentence that actually describes why they're scumreading people, and even though you think I'm scum I'm pretty sure you going deeper into that would help the game as a whole as well.
Gammagooey
Gammagooey
Glad Hatter
Gammagooey
Glad Hatter
Glad Hatter

Post Post #659 (isolation #34) » Thu Apr 14, 2016 3:10 am

Post by Gammagooey »

Also I know this is kinda dumb but I'm planning on going over a lot of the game lateish tonight so I'll explain it then with some other comments. If I theoretically miss that because of exhaustion then tomorrow morning at the latest.

Vote: TheTrollie
Gammagooey
Gammagooey
Glad Hatter
Gammagooey
Glad Hatter
Glad Hatter

Post Post #670 (isolation #35) » Thu Apr 14, 2016 7:53 am

Post by Gammagooey »

KuroiXHF wrote:BTW, I have an idea on who to vote next but I'm curious as to who replaced RC first. Maybe we'll get new info/reads.

We have about 3 days left, the replacement might not come until a day or two before deadline, and Clumsy's going to be V/LA starting from tomorrow until deadline anyway. If you've got something useful to say at this point just say it.
Gammagooey
Gammagooey
Glad Hatter
Gammagooey
Glad Hatter
Glad Hatter

Post Post #718 (isolation #36) » Thu Apr 14, 2016 4:49 pm

Post by Gammagooey »

okay so

this is probably going to be a bit jumpy but deal with it.

FIRST
Ranger wrote:
Gammagooey wrote:I kept hearing before you replaced in about how intelligent you were, I'm pretty sure you can do better than that.
Can, yes. Prefer to, no. I'm a minimalist. I put in as little effort as I see required. I think I can get you lynched, even while I continue being lazy. So I have no incentive to waste extra time. I think you are scum. There is interest in lynching you. So I don't need to do anything extra.

Kuroi wrote:THANK YOU. It's fucking annoying how emotional he gets about being replaced, then he dries the tears well enough to want to play. Then as soon as someone wets his face a little bit more, he wants to leave again.

It's like playing with my ex girlfriend, except he won't suck my-
Wait. it's exactly like my ex girlfriend.
If this isn't scum.
I'm reporting it.

Dead serious
It's borderline even if Kuroi is scum, but if Kuroi for some ungodly reason flips town (I REALLY don't think he will,
especially
not after
this
post), I'm reporting this post.

is classic scum posting as well.

I fucking despise this post. And it's not even for the reason you're probably expecting, because in regards to actually reading her alignment, it doesn't matter. The stupid pushy arrogance of calling yourself a 'really, really competent scumhunter' while pushing for my lynch and saying that you're not going to bother going into detail on why you think I'm actually scum, ignoring any possibility that you could be wrong and ignoring that given that in addition to a few people that think I'm scum, there's also been a few that have said they think I'm town and there's only 3 days left in the game, and that I'm basically not going to get lynched unless either you put the damn effort in or RC/duppin votes me.

And if you go back and look at my posts past super early game, I think you'll at least see why people are town reading me even if you don't agree with it. I don't and won't have the most posts or the most solid reads, but I do put the most effort into explaining the things I think here and why I think them out of anyone in this game. So if you really think I'm scum and want me lynched today instead of probably some sort of lurker, then put the effort in to fucking do it.

While I'm ranting a bit, if it's worth reporting (and I'd say that it's not, because oh no it's some slight stereotyping and sexual crudeness who gives a shit), report it instead of holding onto some stupid belief that being scum makes it more okay to say repellent shit because they're the 'bad guys' of the game. Yeah it's a social game and scum can try to provoke people by being irritating shits, but if someone's is being a shitbag about non-game related stuff it doesn't matter if they're town or scum.

------------------------------------------------------oh hey look i can be done ranting at ranger now--------------------------------------------------------------------------
My vote on Trollie is for two reasons.
The first is that out of everyone in the game, he looks the most like someone intentionally trying to coast through the game. I don't hold his posts before getting home from his flight against him on that, but this isn't a long game, and popping in with only town reads feels like he's trying to look active and kind-of-sort-of appeal to the people he's townreading and the people that have similar town reads on them, but doesn't show any effort into actually scumhunting in the game and doesn't form an arguable opinion for anyone to challenge him on.

The second is that Clumsy's recent posts are a lottt better than his early game ones? I was initially a general dickhead to him in my post calling out his missing the answer to the question he asked in the post he quoted himself, because I thought if he was scum who made a dumb mistake in attacking me as soon as he saw the opportunity instead of really reading the post, he'd be more likely to react weirdly knowing that he messed up but interacting with someone that was being an ass in regards to his mistake. Starting from his #624, it starts to feel like he's actually scumhunting and trying to argue for what he believes and ultimately get scum lynched when it didn't feel that way to me before.

----------------------------probably the last thing, though it's theoretically possible that i have a couple more read elaborations tomorrow----------------------
i will give ranger a concession that kurio's one of the people I'd be least surprised to flip scum at this point. Him and trollie are pretty much the only people left that I don't think have really done anything slightly town yet, as I think Maestro has a kind of confidence in his posting that's more likely to be coming from town than scum, errant's got his claim with ranger and his QT joining, and everyone else has at least a post or two that looks like they're legitimately hunting for scum. This does assume that both lovers are town, but if I had to try to call the scumteam now I'd probably go with trollie, kurio, and duppin (as dumb as it may be to say this given how many votes duppin has, RC projected a lot of indications he was doing shit but not really any desire to hunt through other people's opinions or challenge his own to find scum that he's not sure about himself) in that order.

If you're wondering why trollie over kurio, I just feel like I can see kurio flipping town and everyone being super shocked because he never really gave a shit when 2/3rds of the game has been borderline impossible to read garbage and of course he didn't bother because he just didn't really have any solid reads and didn't feel a need to fake any. And yeah that's become less and less likely as the game's actually finally gotten some real content and he continues to have little flippant votes based on nothing and isn't even bothering enough to find scum to have a vote down on anyone atm.

WORDS DONE
Gammagooey
Gammagooey
Glad Hatter
Gammagooey
Glad Hatter
Glad Hatter

Post Post #738 (isolation #37) » Fri Apr 15, 2016 10:47 am

Post by Gammagooey »

In post 729, duppin wrote:@Gamma sorry I realised you actually did kinda explain the scumread on RC. I'd still like to know what exactly your read on Ranger is though.

If I had to put it on a scale of town->scum it'd probably be a really slight town read. There are scum lovers that have existed on site but in order for that to work the setup usually has to be either nightless or generally wonky as all hell (something like 4 scum with a really significant amount of town investigative powers+a vig unless the game has some amount of bastard-ry elements in it), and as infuriatingly irritating and imo just fucking lazy, awful play as ranger's shown up with so far, her attitude I think fits more towards an arrogant overconfident town player than scum.
Bro's play is kind of similar, though that's because of more personal experience- I actually went through bro's list of games after he got force-replaced to try and remember if there were any other games I had played with him that I just forgot about, but I couldn't find any aside from the one I mentioned. In that game (drawn on arrival), he ALSO went on a tirade about me and several other people being shit at reading him even though I'm fairly certain that was the first non face-to-face game I'd ever played with him, and we didn't play many face to face games either. From what I've seen, not really doing anything readable and acting like he has a persecution complex seems like kind of just what he does early game.
Gammagooey
Gammagooey
Glad Hatter
Gammagooey
Glad Hatter
Glad Hatter

Post Post #741 (isolation #38) » Fri Apr 15, 2016 10:53 am

Post by Gammagooey »

In post 733, KuroiXHF wrote:
In post 718, Gammagooey wrote:----------------------------probably the last thing, though it's theoretically possible that i have a couple more read elaborations tomorrow----------------------
i will give ranger a concession that VOTE: kurio's one of the people I'd be least surprised to flip scum at this point. Him and trollie are pretty much the only people left that I don't think have really done anything slightly town yet, as I think Maestro has a kind of confidence in his posting that's more likely to be coming from town than scum, errant's got his claim with ranger and his QT joining, and everyone else has at least a post or two that looks like they're legitimately hunting for scum.

I did say I'm having a hard time gaining traction in this game. I believe I just got some and I've also used some people when they're on me of gauging some alignment. Perhaps I should come back with a read list, although I'm still having a bit of a tough time.

If you're wondering why trollie over kurio,
I just feel like I can see kurio flipping town
and everyone being super shocked because he never really gave a shit when 2/3rds of the game has been borderline impossible to read garbage and of course he didn't bother because he just didn't really have any solid reads and didn't feel a need to fake any.

Wait, but you JUST said you'd be least surprised if I popped up scum. (look at both bolds - from this quote and the former.)

you're right that sure would have made more sense if it was explaining how I've felt about you through the gameday and there was a sentence immediately after that saying that I find that feeling less and less legitimate as the day's gone on oh wait there it is

In post 718, Gammagooey wrote:
If you're wondering why trollie over kurio, I just feel like I can see kurio flipping town and everyone being super shocked because he never really gave a shit when 2/3rds of the game has been borderline impossible to read garbage and of course he didn't bother because he just didn't really have any solid reads and didn't feel a need to fake any. And yeah that's become less and less likely as the game's actually finally gotten some real content and he continues to have little flippant votes based on nothing and isn't even bothering enough to find scum to have a vote down on anyone atm.
Gammagooey
Gammagooey
Glad Hatter
Gammagooey
Glad Hatter
Glad Hatter

Post Post #742 (isolation #39) » Fri Apr 15, 2016 10:58 am

Post by Gammagooey »

@duppin- Are you seriously considering voting Trollie? If you're not I'm probably going to jump on kuroi's wagon since we've got 2 days left and it seems reeal good to start consolidating wagons.
Gammagooey
Gammagooey
Glad Hatter
Gammagooey
Glad Hatter
Glad Hatter

Post Post #744 (isolation #40) » Fri Apr 15, 2016 11:33 am

Post by Gammagooey »

I was going to call you out on how stupid it is to insinuate that strongly that I'm scum instead of just voting me

but actually I'm just going to do this instead
Vote: KurioXHF

Like, seriously, if that is actually what you think about what I'm doing, why the hell aren't you voting me already
Gammagooey
Gammagooey
Glad Hatter
Gammagooey
Glad Hatter
Glad Hatter

Post Post #746 (isolation #41) » Fri Apr 15, 2016 1:45 pm

Post by Gammagooey »

well given the fucking ENORMOUS amount of words I've just spewed into this game, that's a sack of shit.
Gammagooey
Gammagooey
Glad Hatter
Gammagooey
Glad Hatter
Glad Hatter

Post Post #749 (isolation #42) » Fri Apr 15, 2016 3:03 pm

Post by Gammagooey »

I don't actually see how that would hurt my feelings at all really, it just feels like you're trying to deflect what I'm saying with something that you can tell isn't applicable to the situation. You're just complaining that I'm following someone else when I've already said why you're one of my top 2 scum reads, and the person who I was thinking was scum all game (clumsy) started doing things that look town and you haven't.
Gammagooey
Gammagooey
Glad Hatter
Gammagooey
Glad Hatter
Glad Hatter

Post Post #751 (isolation #43) » Fri Apr 15, 2016 3:58 pm

Post by Gammagooey »

It shows that you're saying unsubstantiated deflect-y nonsense instead of scumhunting.
Gammagooey
Gammagooey
Glad Hatter
Gammagooey
Glad Hatter
Glad Hatter

Post Post #779 (isolation #44) » Sun Apr 17, 2016 12:26 pm

Post by Gammagooey »

Yeah I'm reaaally happy with the kuroi wagon given his trying to make a spat with someone he isn't even scumreading (me) instead of actually giving any details on his aris read or giving any reasons for why he thinks anyone is scum.
Gammagooey
Gammagooey
Glad Hatter
Gammagooey
Glad Hatter
Glad Hatter

Post Post #784 (isolation #45) » Sun Apr 17, 2016 1:03 pm

Post by Gammagooey »

hammer seems real good, we've got 5 hours.
Gammagooey
Gammagooey
Glad Hatter
Gammagooey
Glad Hatter
Glad Hatter

Post Post #1138 (isolation #46) » Fri Apr 22, 2016 9:01 pm

Post by Gammagooey »

^^^the fuck is all this

anyway, instead of everyone casually mentioning how bad everyone else's plays were and how they were the one true hope for town, mayyybe we can all just find something we can do better next game? RC delaying actually coming out with a vote or case for so long I think substantially hurt how active the game was with it feeling like everyone was constantly waiting on him, I was overly dickish early game and gave Ranger a way better post than she deserved given that pretty much everything she and bro did were nulltells at best in order to try to make myself look better when under pressure when duppin mentioned wanting to lynch me, most of the game lurked like motherfuckers and most town people still alive on day 2 had at some point in the game had went way off the deep end with setup spec (which is a fucking lazy crutch that will fuck you over again and again if you play in wackier games like this) - Going off the assumption that pretty much every role can be either town or scum even if it'd be slightly less balanced that way is really how most games
should
work, as long as they give both sides a reasonable chance to win.

Props to the scumteam - you were all playing really well by the end of day 1 even though bro and clumsy looked bad early, and I'd say Aris probably played best out of anyone in the game. I do hate that broseidon's slot basically got to force everyone to re-evaluate the slot by personally attacking RC and getting force-replaced but I wouldn't do anything differently as a mod in that situation than marquis did and punishing ranger for bro's shitty bullshit (and dear fuck can both town and scum be shitty people on this site sometimes) isn't the answer there either.
Gammagooey
Gammagooey
Glad Hatter
Gammagooey
Glad Hatter
Glad Hatter

Post Post #1160 (isolation #47) » Sat Apr 23, 2016 12:04 pm

Post by Gammagooey »

@hiplop- no worries, you guys certainly aren't the only ones on site that take setup spec too meaningfully a lot of the time. I think it just tends to be something perceived as more "findable" and easier to be overly confident of than actual scumhunting since actually evaluating people takes so much effort and is still so unreliable as well.

Return to “Completed Mini Theme Games”