Xisiqomelir
Goon
Xisiqomelir
Goon
Goon

Post Post #550 (ISO) » Tue Apr 12, 2016 4:15 pm

Post by Xisiqomelir »

In post 540, Killthestory wrote:id rather not provide explanation tyvm

Can you provide an unvote/revote so the votecount is right?
OceanWind
OceanWind
Mafia Scum
OceanWind
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #551 (ISO) » Tue Apr 12, 2016 4:27 pm

Post by OceanWind »

@Xisiqomelir -
have you caught up with the game yet? I'd like to see you elaborate on why you approve of Lowell, Imperium, and MagnaOfIllusion on the ChurchOfMercy wagon. Why those three specifically?
ChurchOfMercy
ChurchOfMercy
Goon
ChurchOfMercy
Goon
Goon

Post Post #552 (ISO) » Tue Apr 12, 2016 4:56 pm

Post by ChurchOfMercy »

In post 504, Nosferatu wrote:no I think no one else wants to put the wagon to L-1 because they're afraid of a surprise hammer

What would be the surprise?
ChurchOfMercy
ChurchOfMercy
Goon
ChurchOfMercy
Goon
Goon

Post Post #553 (ISO) » Tue Apr 12, 2016 4:58 pm

Post by ChurchOfMercy »

In post 508, Xisiqomelir wrote:Question for Church of Mercy: Albert, this is a very sedate D1 for you. Why no outrage at being L-2, as I would expect?

Albert hasn't been here a lot, it's been mostly me.

Klingoncelt
ChurchOfMercy
ChurchOfMercy
Goon
ChurchOfMercy
Goon
Goon

Post Post #554 (ISO) » Tue Apr 12, 2016 4:58 pm

Post by ChurchOfMercy »

In post 510, Xisiqomelir wrote:
In post 509, MagnaofIllusion wrote:
In post 507, Xisiqomelir wrote:I approve of Lowell, Imperium and MoI on the COM wagon, ergo I approve of the wagon itself, but I believe there is still ample time to probe various posters' opinions.

This post lacks the affirmative stance that you think CoM is actually scum. Please share in a positive manner with the class if that is the case. Especially given that you are voting Kill.

Yes, they are strongly possible scum and I am willing to vote them once the deadline drops to 3 days.

As a player here since the beginning I would like to ask you what behaviours and stances you think I should pay attention to as I look at this thread.

I'd like to hear your reasons for thinking we're Scum.
OceanWind
OceanWind
Mafia Scum
OceanWind
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #555 (ISO) » Tue Apr 12, 2016 5:02 pm

Post by OceanWind »

In post 325, ChurchOfMercy wrote:DAY 1 READS
I'll finish Thursday night, guys. There's a storm coming and the power's likely to go out.

What happened to this? It's Tuesday of the following week.
ChurchOfMercy
ChurchOfMercy
Goon
ChurchOfMercy
Goon
Goon

Post Post #556 (ISO) » Tue Apr 12, 2016 5:05 pm

Post by ChurchOfMercy »

In post 515, Bellaphant wrote:
In post 503, ChurchOfMercy wrote:Klingoncelt here. A couple things I want to touch on:

I'm still bugged by . Ocean jumping in to defend KT sounds just like a Mafia trying to diffuse suspicion on a teammate.

In post I said "Bellaphant - If she replaces out, she's Scum. Guaranteed."

Bellaphant hasn't posted in over 5 days. She is not V/LA.

This disappearing is how she plays as Scum, I've been in some games with her.

Yeeaaaaaaaah about that, I went vla in which was my last post. Nice to see you are reading and paying attention...

I find it super interesting that you and kt have jumped on me while I was vla and a push on me seems to have been a tonne of your content.

Catching up properly now.

No, I checked your avie for a V/LA banner, and I checked the Activity Overview for a return date.

If someone says "I might not be here tomorrow because problem" that's one thing, but you can't expect everyone to remember your excuse for absence after several days.

That's why the V/LA button exists.

ChurchOfMercy
ChurchOfMercy
Goon
ChurchOfMercy
Goon
Goon

Post Post #557 (ISO) » Tue Apr 12, 2016 5:10 pm

Post by ChurchOfMercy »

In post 555, OceanWind wrote:
I'll finish Thursday night, guys. There's a storm coming and the power's likely to go out.

Oh, hell, I forgot all about it.

Sorry.

Finishing now.
ChurchOfMercy
ChurchOfMercy
Goon
ChurchOfMercy
Goon
Goon

Post Post #558 (ISO) » Tue Apr 12, 2016 6:47 pm

Post by ChurchOfMercy »

In post 557, ChurchOfMercy wrote:

Sorry.

Finishing now.

Here you go:

Jim - His posts are better, but NAI. So for now he's Null.

Killthestory - Damn, I wish he'd explain his one-line stances. Lean Town.

Lowell - I don't get his scumread on us, but otherwise he ever so slightly Leans Town.

MagnaofIllusion - Looks to be asking the right questions and paying attention. The vote on us is dumb, but otherwise I think he's Town

Nosferatu - I said that my Day1 play is shit, I'm better on Day3. My Day1 play is light years beyond what Nos has been doing all game. Scum.

OceanWind - Paying very close attention to the game, but he did that in his first Newbie game here, as Scum. Null

Ollie - I think he's Town.

Severa - Scum.

VOTE: Severa
OceanWind
OceanWind
Mafia Scum
OceanWind
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #559 (ISO) » Tue Apr 12, 2016 7:58 pm

Post by OceanWind »

I'm surprised you actually followed that newbie game. Can you go into more detail about your reads? Right now, they are very vague and don't tell much about your thought process behind them. For instance, what are these "right questions" that MagnaOfIllusion is asking? How are Jim's posts better, and better compared to what? Why are Lowell and KillTheStory leaning town? The only thing you said about those two are negative things. Why are Nosferatu and Severa scum? What happened to your scumread on me? You claim to still be bugged that I "defended KTthecreeper" but now I'm "paying close attention to the game?" Has your previous list changed or is it still the same?
Killthestory
Killthestory
Jack of All Trades
Killthestory
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #560 (ISO) » Wed Apr 13, 2016 12:18 am

Post by Killthestory »

sort of dont agree with those reads except for severa, but youre good pham
Xisiqomelir
Xisiqomelir
Goon
Xisiqomelir
Goon
Goon

Post Post #561 (ISO) » Wed Apr 13, 2016 2:08 am

Post by Xisiqomelir »

@Killthestory
: You are STILL voting Jim, and you can't have missed my #550, it's on top of this page.

In post 551, OceanWind wrote:
@Xisiqomelir -
have you caught up with the game yet? I'd like to see you elaborate on why you approve of Lowell, Imperium, and MagnaOfIllusion on the ChurchOfMercy wagon. Why those three specifically?

Good question.

I know MoI pretty well. He is equally querulous and irascible as both town and other alignments, but is more likely as town than scum to make posts like:

In post 353, MagnaofIllusion wrote:
In post 352, Imperium wrote:Magna, what is your read on jmo?

Null. He’s pretty much non-engaged. I don’t give any ‘dumb Town’ credit for 32-33 but it certainly doesn’t warrant scum-points either. I can see why, if he doesn’t know Lowell from Adam, Lowell’s call of me as Town early would be suspect.
62 is full of logical Town oriented thinking. His line of thinking in 179 and 206 about scum being in best position to call other players Town on little basis is a theory I believe in personally.
Hell, if not for the fact that he is very non-engaged (other than going after Lowell and Killthestory) I’d probably be very comfortable with a fairly solid Town read on the slot.

This is because MoI (like GreyICE) is that rare sort of player who is more hostile and aggressive as scum than town, and you usually get pointed commentary on a poster's intelligence rather dispassionate Mafia Theory posts from him in that case.

Lowell I don't know at all, but the thinking here:

In post 252, Lowell wrote:Just putting a marker down that KT is scum still. I know we moved on to more interesting players, but nothing he's done has made up for his ridiculous panic-flailing at getting his first vote. In fact all he's done is hide.

Also, scumvibes on bella. Very much looks like a player who just wants to look like s/he's interacting--asking and answering pointless questions.

Is coherent, pro-town content (to clarify, I consider "pro-town content" to be lucid posts which identify probable scum and encourage votes on them).

And for the other hydra in game, Tammy is usually town for me. Nacho is sometimes not, but I find things like this:

In post 471, Imperium wrote:
In post 445, MagnaofIllusion wrote:CoM does flip scum and this is where I’m going next. I could see Kill bussing CoM for underperforming, realizing that there was no significant pressure elsewhere and deciding that he wasn’t going to get enough Town cred to make the bus worthwhile.

In , I asked CoM to join me in making a jmo push. Albert said that he'd talk to Klingon about it, and then never brought it up again.

I found this interaction as far more likely to be indicative of partners than Killthestory suddenly deciding to not scum read Church for unknown reasons, especially considering how CoM followed Killthestory onto Bella and egged him on in the way that they did; I think CoM would be more careful to tie themselves to a partner in a strong position, especially if Killthestory decided that he was going to stop bussing them for a little while.

clear, unmuddled and acceptable. For contrast here is scumhydra-Nacho, I would quote but the game is archived: http://forum.mafiascum.net/viewtopic.ph ... 7#p4450557
Xisiqomelir
Xisiqomelir
Goon
Xisiqomelir
Goon
Goon

Post Post #562 (ISO) » Wed Apr 13, 2016 2:10 am

Post by Xisiqomelir »

In post 553, ChurchOfMercy wrote:
In post 508, Xisiqomelir wrote:Question for Church of Mercy: Albert, this is a very sedate D1 for you. Why no outrage at being L-2, as I would expect?

Albert hasn't been here a lot, it's been mostly me.

Klingoncelt

Hmm, that's going to make things tougher for me.

In post 554, ChurchOfMercy wrote:
In post 510, Xisiqomelir wrote:
In post 509, MagnaofIllusion wrote:
In post 507, Xisiqomelir wrote:I approve of Lowell, Imperium and MoI on the COM wagon, ergo I approve of the wagon itself, but I believe there is still ample time to probe various posters' opinions.

This post lacks the affirmative stance that you think CoM is actually scum. Please share in a positive manner with the class if that is the case. Especially given that you are voting Kill.

Yes, they are strongly possible scum and I am willing to vote them once the deadline drops to 3 days.

As a player here since the beginning I would like to ask you what behaviours and stances you think I should pay attention to as I look at this thread.

I'd like to hear your reasons for thinking we're Scum.

This is a scumpost:
In post 244, ChurchOfMercy wrote:You guys, I'm known for being useless Day1, NAI. I'm more of a Day3 player.
acryon
acryon
Mafia Scum
acryon
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #563 (ISO) » Wed Apr 13, 2016 2:12 am

Post by acryon »

In post 560, Killthestory wrote:sort of dont agree with those reads except for severa, but youre good pham

Which reads do you take issue with and why?
Get to know me! | Unavailable on nights and weekends.
Lowell
Lowell
Jack of All Trades
Lowell
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #564 (ISO) » Wed Apr 13, 2016 3:26 am

Post by Lowell »

I'm sort of back. I'll try to catch up.

Of the new replacements since I last checked, I'm getting townvibes from snarky and scumvibes from Xis. Still believe CoM is the best lynch. This is going to sound ironic coming from me, but it really feels like they've phoned it in, and are trying to make up for lack of content (which I would normally expect from this slot) with sheer volume. Not buying.
Nosferatu
Nosferatu
Jack of All Trades
Nosferatu
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #565 (ISO) » Wed Apr 13, 2016 4:00 am

Post by Nosferatu »

In post 558, ChurchOfMercy wrote:
In post 557, ChurchOfMercy wrote:

Sorry.

Finishing now.

Nosferatu - I said that my Day1 play is shit, I'm better on Day3. My Day1 play is light years beyond what Nos has been doing all game. Scum.

fam you haven't done shit
BRASIL BRASIL BRASIL BRRRRR
last.fm
gtkas
Nosferatu
Nosferatu
Jack of All Trades
Nosferatu
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #566 (ISO) » Wed Apr 13, 2016 9:04 am

Post by Nosferatu »

@Imperium which posts are from who, you guys haven't been signing and I haven't played with either of you enough to know your posting behaviours.
last.fm
gtkas
MagnaofIllusion
MagnaofIllusion
has been killed Night 1
MagnaofIllusion
has been killed Night 1
has been killed Night 1

Post Post #567 (ISO) » Wed Apr 13, 2016 10:20 am

Post by MagnaofIllusion »

I wonder where Jim got to. Especially since he was keen on completing the CoM lynch soon after Creeper returned with reads. And isn’t voting.

In post 528, SnarkySnowman wrote:ChurchofMercy is interesting, because I see a lot of associatives with them (and a lot of info to be gained from that lynch), but I don't necessarily think they're scum, so I'd like to consider. Let me read that one a little more thoroughly.

Severa, on the other hand, has done almost nothing and I feel like that's a particularly worthy lynch, if we run up against it. Also, UNVOTE:

The only way associations are meaningful is if the flipped party is scum. I’d really like for you to complete your read and give us your CoM thoughts.

In post 532, Nosferatu wrote:I fail to see how this is her hedging.

You do? Please explain why repeatedly saying that there is scum on a wagon but doing nothing in relation to tracking down said scum from their play re: the wagon isn’t hedging against giving actual reads.

In post 561, Xisiqomelir wrote:I know MoI pretty well. He is equally querulous and irascible as both town and other alignments, but is more likely as town than scum to make posts like:

Your approach I like but you get demerits for the use of the word “querulous”. Bad Xisi. :P
"I am a leaf on the wind ... watch how I soar!"

Pretty much Geriatric game restricted at this point ... unless there are players I REALLY want to play with.
Nosferatu
Nosferatu
Jack of All Trades
Nosferatu
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #568 (ISO) » Wed Apr 13, 2016 10:44 am

Post by Nosferatu »

In post 567, MagnaofIllusion wrote:
In post 532, Nosferatu wrote:I fail to see how this is her hedging.

You do? Please explain why repeatedly saying that there is scum on a wagon but doing nothing in relation to tracking down said scum from their play re: the wagon isn’t hedging against giving actual reads.

I only saw her say there was scum on the kt wagon once, but saying there's scum on a wagon and not identifying scum on the wagon isn't hedging. It's not following through.
last.fm
gtkas
kelbris
kelbris
Goon
kelbris
Goon
Goon

Post Post #569 (ISO) » Wed Apr 13, 2016 11:38 am

Post by kelbris »

vote count 1.11Bellaphant (0): none
Severa (1): ChurchofMercy
Jim (1): killthestory
jmo16mla
SnarkySnowman (1): Xixiqomelir
MagnaofIllusion (0): none
Imperium (0): none
Killthestory (0): none
ChurchOfMercy (hydra, Klingoncelt and Albert B Rampage) (6) [L-2]: Oceanwind, Lowell, Imperium, Bellaphant, MagnaofIllusion, Severa,
Lowell (0): none
Nosferatu (1): Ollie
acryon (0): none
OceanWind (0): none
KTthecreeper
Xisiqomelir (0): none
Ollie (0): none
not voting: Jim, SnarkySnowman, Nosferatu, acryon,
With 14 players alive, it takes 8 votes to lynch.
day 1 has begun, it will end in (expired on 2016-04-16 19:01:46)
Xisiqomelir
Xisiqomelir
Goon
Xisiqomelir
Goon
Goon

Post Post #570 (ISO) » Wed Apr 13, 2016 11:43 am

Post by Xisiqomelir »

In post 569, kelbris wrote:
vote count 1.11With 14 players alive, it takes 8 votes to lynch.
day 1 has begun, it will end in (expired on 2016-04-16 19:01:46)

As stated, I'll shift my vote since DL is getting closer.

UNVOTE: SnarkySnowman
VOTE: ChurchofMercy

That's L-1
Lowell
Lowell
Jack of All Trades
Lowell
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #571 (ISO) » Wed Apr 13, 2016 11:50 am

Post by Lowell »

^^^ this is a scummy post
Nosferatu
Nosferatu
Jack of All Trades
Nosferatu
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #572 (ISO) » Wed Apr 13, 2016 12:13 pm

Post by Nosferatu »

In post 571, Lowell wrote:^^^ this is a scummy post

doing exactly what he said he would do previously is scummy?
last.fm
gtkas
Imperium
Imperium
Jack of All Trades
Imperium
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #573 (ISO) » Wed Apr 13, 2016 1:58 pm

Post by Imperium »

In post 561, Xisiqomelir wrote:

And for the other hydra in game, Tammy is usually town for me.

Have we played together?
A hydra of Nacho and Tammy!
Imperium
Imperium
Jack of All Trades
Imperium
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #574 (ISO) » Wed Apr 13, 2016 2:01 pm

Post by Imperium »

In post 523, SnarkySnowman wrote:Confirming my replacement and that I've seen my role PM. Let's read.

In post 528, SnarkySnowman wrote:Here's a readlist.

Town {MagnaofIllusion, Oceanwind, Ollie}
Townlean {Bellephant, Jim, acryon, Killthestory}
Scumlean {Lowell, Imperium, Nosferatu, ChurchofMercy}
Scum {Severa}

ChurchofMercy is interesting, because I see a lot of associatives with them (and a lot of info to be gained from that lynch), but I don't necessarily think they're scum, so I'd like to consider. Let me read that one a little more thoroughly.

Severa, on the other hand, has done almost nothing and I feel like that's a particularly worthy lynch, if we run up against it. Also, UNVOTE:

Did you read the entire game?
A hydra of Nacho and Tammy!

Return to “Completed Open Games”