Song Contest 93 (Results posted!)

This forum is for discussion about anything else.
Pala
Pala
Goon
Pala
Goon
Goon

Post Post #67 (isolation #0) » Tue Apr 19, 2016 12:49 am

Post by Pala »

In post 36, Empire wrote:
(Sorry pala, yet another 10 >_>)

Sigh. One of these days..

Ooh, someone entered Jaga Jazzist. Been meaning to enter them for ever so long but couldn't decide which song to go with. I would've picked something off of A Livingroom Hush though.
Pala
Pala
Goon
Pala
Goon
Goon

Post Post #79 (isolation #1) » Fri Apr 22, 2016 4:06 am

Post by Pala »

Random notes whilst listening -

Spain

The Jon Spencer Blues Explosion - Bellbottoms - nice beginning. lived up to the beginning till the end. high points for sure.

Moldova

The Dear Hunter - The Bitter Suite I and II - oh this is dear with an a, not the other band. meh so far and don't see that changing. yeah, glad that's over. doubt if i'll give it points.

Finland

Vixx - Error - the pic makes me wary right away. yep. having a hard time keeping from closing the tab. please end already.

Burkina Faso

Mass Gothic - Nice Night - welcome change after that horror. the starting at least. yeah this is okay.

Guyana

Unknown Error - Midnight Special - this is sorta nice. yeah points.

Iceland

David Maxim Micic - 500 Seconds Before Sunset - video didn't work. listening to extended version instead. this okay but it's just sort of going on and on and not holding my interest at all.

Hungary

Leander Rising - Szomorú vasárnap - hey a cover of the suicide song. i've liked all versions of this i've heard before. there's a first time for everything i guess.

Central African Republic

The Police - Synchronicity II - why do people submit such popular songs? defeats the whole purpose of the contest. might still give it low points if i can't fill out my ballot.

Portugal

Jaga Jazzist - One-Armed Bandit - like i said before, i'd have gone with something from a livingroom hush. haven't listened to this album much. track starts off promising but kinda loses it halfway through then gets back to being good. not a fan of that random section in the middle.

Latvia

Aesthetic Perfection - Inhuman - ugh

Netherlands

Brown Bird - Thunder and Lightning - link didn't work. found an in-studio performance version that did. i like the upright bass. otherwise okay.

St. Lucia

Nömak - Korean BBQ (feat. LH4L) - not feeling this at all. very blah.

Suriname

Judah and the Lion - Kickin da Leaves - nah

Bhutan

World Order - Have A Nice Day - i love a lot of japanese music but i don't understand the appeal of j-pop. This was better than Finland at any rate.

Cote d'Ivoire

Nano - Nevereverland - better than bhutan

Mali

Laura Marling - False Hope - hasn't this artist been entered before? very song contest but better than majority of contest so far so possibly points.

USA

Sokoninaru - Emerald Green - did i miss the memo on this being the asian theme contest? this is the best of the lot so far though. i quite liked a lot of this so points.

Greece

Bitter:Sweet - A Moment - trip hop waltz? very nice.

Belarus

David Housden - Freedom - very soundtrack-y. not working too well as a stand alone track so far. still for this contest this is above par.

Sri Lanka

Whyte Horses - The Snowfalls - decent psychpop

New Zealand

Tha Los - Open Your Eyes - enough already. rather opening my eyes i really want to close my ears right about now.

Gabon

Ruth B - Lost Boy - meh

Mexico

Last Dinosaurs - Sunday Night - okay

Chad

I See Stars - Electric Forest - screaming is actually a refreshing change from all the blah this contest. but the rest of it is ehh. yeah no.

Not going to be easy picking 10 I want to give points to.
Pala
Pala
Goon
Pala
Goon
Goon

Post Post #140 (isolation #2) » Mon Apr 25, 2016 11:37 pm

Post by Pala »

In post 123, Quilford wrote:Heh, lots of ballots with India and Sri Lanka in the top 2. Interesting.

This was a pleasant surprise . I expected my song to do well, but wasn't expecting it to get many 12s. Also, glad to see Jaga Jazzist won. Everyone who liked em should check out the album A Livingroom Hush.

Return to “General Discussion”