Pick Your Power 6: The Revival (Game Over!)

Aristophanes
Aristophanes
He/Him
Mr. Blue Sky
Aristophanes
He/Him
Mr. Blue Sky
Mr. Blue Sky
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #2300 (ISO) » Mon Jun 27, 2016 5:12 pm

Post by Aristophanes »

In post 2294, kuribo wrote:
In post 2293, Aristophanes wrote:I'll be back before deadline with intent on whomever is leading at that time.

surprise surprise
It's midnight. I had a busy weekend.
Sorrrrryyyy!
In post 2295, kuribo wrote:best kill me tonight aristo

you and me are gonna dance tomorrow

and i always lead
I like dancing, and I hate leading! :)

Do you waltz? Or will we tango like everyone expects?
Half meme, Half real, All Aristophanes ;)
- Jingle
Ari has appeared way too competent for me to even pretend to know what they're thinking
- MooseEatsBear on discord mafia
it wouldn’t be an ari sig unless it takes up half the screen on mobile - Vonflare
zMuffinMan
zMuffinMan
Survivor
zMuffinMan
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2301 (ISO) » Mon Jun 27, 2016 5:13 pm

Post by zMuffinMan »

@magua

i literally just commented on the fact that your excuse for avoiding any sort of discussion about your read on greyice/lld/hebi makes no sense, and you reply telling me that you're not paying attention to my greyice stuff

ok

so?
spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh
Aristophanes
Aristophanes
He/Him
Mr. Blue Sky
Aristophanes
He/Him
Mr. Blue Sky
Mr. Blue Sky

Post Post #2302 (ISO) » Mon Jun 27, 2016 5:13 pm

Post by Aristophanes »

Kuribo, do you want me to do anything speciaspecific before bed?
I can stay up a bit, but reading the 22 pages would be an unlikely feat.

What's got you bugged?
- Jingle
Ari has appeared way too competent for me to even pretend to know what they're thinking
it wouldn’t be an ari sig unless it takes up half the screen on mobile - Vonflare
kuribo
kuribo
he/him
Fire and Brimstone
kuribo
he/him
Fire and Brimstone
Fire and Brimstone
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #2303 (ISO) » Mon Jun 27, 2016 5:13 pm

Post by kuribo »

aristo, you're way too cheerful, it's like trying to talk to my evil twin
Join me on my quest to play every NES game! Some of them are awful.

Kuribo's read is foolproof: one night he was high on NyQuil, and he's ancestors reveiled Aureal's alignment to him. - Dessew
Aristophanes
Aristophanes
He/Him
Mr. Blue Sky
Aristophanes
He/Him
Mr. Blue Sky
Mr. Blue Sky

Post Post #2304 (ISO) » Mon Jun 27, 2016 5:15 pm

Post by Aristophanes »

In post 2303, kuribo wrote:aristo, you're way too cheerful, it's like trying to talk to my evil twin
XD

Thanks bro! :P
- Jingle
kuribo
kuribo
he/him
Fire and Brimstone
kuribo
he/him
Fire and Brimstone
Fire and Brimstone

Post Post #2305 (ISO) » Mon Jun 27, 2016 5:16 pm

Post by kuribo »

i'm headed to bed, i gotta be up in six hours

booming words from hell in the morning before deadline

PEdit: aristo if you have any decency, your team will kill me tonight and spare me the indignity of having to argue with you D3
Join me on my quest to play every NES game! Some of them are awful.

Kuribo's read is foolproof: one night he was high on NyQuil, and he's ancestors reveiled Aureal's alignment to him. - Dessew
zMuffinMan
zMuffinMan
Survivor
zMuffinMan
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2306 (ISO) » Mon Jun 27, 2016 5:16 pm

Post by zMuffinMan »

In post 2299, kuribo wrote:yeah, that's my problem when trying to read either side of the argument
do you want me to give you a cliffsnotes version of what's happened and you can do whatever you want with any links i provide?

i can condense all of my issues with greyice in 1-2 paragraphs if it actually makes a difference, but if you want specific details about where x or y happened, then refer to walls where i've gone into copious amounts of detail about each and every one of my thoughts on everything
spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh
Cephrir
Cephrir
he/him
Survivor
Cephrir
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2307 (ISO) » Mon Jun 27, 2016 5:17 pm

Post by Cephrir »

In post 2290, kuribo wrote:Yeah, I want Creature dead as fuck, but 10 hours before deadline is hardly the time to do it.

I'd hop over to Grey to avoid no-lynch too, but for the record all three wagons give me shitty feelings for various reasons

I go back and forth on Grey in my head, I feel like I'm in a similar position to hebi--- I like Grey as a person and I'd feel like shit if it was a mislynch, but I'd equally feel like shit watching him coast to endgame, then watching him post afterwards something like "Sorry, kuribo bro, that's just how the game goes. You played well, though!" while I say things like "GOD DAMMIT WHY THE FUCK DID I LET HIM OFF THE HOOK" And I can't put my faith in the idea that a vig shot would succeed against him if he's scum.
"I would prefer not to." --Herman Melville,
Bartleby the Scrivener
Aristophanes
Aristophanes
He/Him
Mr. Blue Sky
Aristophanes
He/Him
Mr. Blue Sky
Mr. Blue Sky

Post Post #2308 (ISO) » Mon Jun 27, 2016 5:17 pm

Post by Aristophanes »

In post 2305, kuribo wrote:i'm headed to bed, i gotta be up in six hours

booming words from hell in the morning before deadline

PEdit: aristo if you have any decency, your team will kill me tonight and spare me the indignity of having to argue with you D3
Sleep well!

Sorry I won't be able to end this before it starts. Oh well!
I'll just have to suffer your wrath I guess!
- Jingle
hebichan
hebichan
She/Her/Hisss
Mafia Scum
hebichan
She/Her/Hisss
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: She/Her/Hisss

Post Post #2309 (ISO) » Mon Jun 27, 2016 5:19 pm

Post by hebichan »

In post 2290, kuribo wrote:Yeah, I want Creature dead as fuck, but 10 hours before deadline is hardly the time to do it.

I'd hop over to Grey to avoid no-lynch too, but for the record all three wagons give me shitty feelings for various reasons

I go back and forth on Grey in my head, I feel like I'm in a similar position to hebi--- I like Grey as a person and I'd feel like shit if it was a mislynch, but I'd equally feel like shit watching him coast to endgame, then watching him post afterwards something like "Sorry, kuribo bro, that's just how the game goes. You played well, though!" while I say things like "GOD DAMMIT WHY THE FUCK DID I LET HIM OFF THE HOOK" And I can't put my faith in the idea that a vig shot would succeed against him if he's scum.
Man despite butting heads with you yesterday you pretty much summed up my feelings on the matter. This day can't end soon enough. But we do need
A lynch here.
zMuffinMan
zMuffinMan
Survivor
zMuffinMan
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2310 (ISO) » Mon Jun 27, 2016 5:27 pm

Post by zMuffinMan »

@kuribo (or really, anyone)

here is a short version of my issues with greyice:

greyice's d1 was unimpressive in every way a d1 can be unimpressive; his votes were meh, his reasoning was meh, the things he was doing in general were meh (lack of scum hunting, lack of comments on important things). d2 he votes zzzx out the gate and gives no other scum reads til i prompt him, at which point he comments on utl. he gives reasons for utl but never expands on them. he goes into detail about something he didn't mention as a reason, and when i comment on that, he uses it as an excuse to vote me (because i've argued on that in a previous game, as well), even though he was the one who focused on it. i point out he was the one at fault for not elaborating on any of his other reasons, he calls me a liar, i ask him to prove it, he still hasn't

he spends the rest of the day claiming i'm scum and that everything i'm doing is lies and slander, but when i ask him to prove this, he doesn't provide any links or quotes. rather than address major points, he nitpicks finer details (like my word choice). when he eventually does go into detail about his reads, he omits things and takes things out of context. he continually avoids giving the information i'm asking for and then acts like he's done it, while raging about how i'm obviously scum

and to top it all off, i still have no idea who his scum reads are outside of me and now pieguy... he hasn't made any effort to talk about anyone else being scum

want me to back up any of this? i can (and have) several times, but give me a specific point and i'll go into detail

there. succinct as it's going to get, now no one has any excuse for claiming they don't understand my issues (and im not even including relatively minor things like the stupidity with the gun "guilty")
zMuffinMan
zMuffinMan
Survivor
zMuffinMan
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2311 (ISO) » Mon Jun 27, 2016 7:58 pm

Post by zMuffinMan »

In post 2270, zMuffinMan wrote:read http://forum.mafiascum.net/viewtopic.ph ... B%5D=14907 and tell me greyice wouldn't spend all his time pushing me in the way he's done this game
i was just reading back over this game and realised how good greyice is at making it seem like he has a point when he really doesn't, and how bad my style of responses are when nobody can be assed to actually read and understand what's going on

i really should have spent more time this game spamming "GREYICE IS SCUM, IT'S OBVIOUS, LOOK AT ALL THIS BULLSHIT" rather than breaking down each of his points and explaining what's wrong with them
zMuffinMan
zMuffinMan
Survivor
zMuffinMan
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2312 (ISO) » Mon Jun 27, 2016 11:00 pm

Post by zMuffinMan »

... four hours

(expired on 2016-06-28 10:00:00)

what a fucking disappointing day
I Am Innocent
I Am Innocent
Jack of All Trades
I Am Innocent
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2313 (ISO) » Mon Jun 27, 2016 11:33 pm

Post by I Am Innocent »

unvote greyice
Vote random midget
Show
Town 21-21-1
Mafia 10-6

Replaced Out (Town) 1-5
Replaced Out (Mafia) 3-2 (incl hydra game with Nero where I flaked)

Ongoing
None
zMuffinMan
zMuffinMan
Survivor
zMuffinMan
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2314 (ISO) » Mon Jun 27, 2016 11:46 pm

Post by zMuffinMan »

i have almost no confidence random will flip scum

i don't even really feel like voting him as a compromise

the only thing that comes out of a random town flip is the fact that magua actually has to pretend to scum hunt tomorrow and spiffeh needs to go "oh tee hee i still have too many town reads" before latching onto a new target, and still neither of them will look at greyice

*shrug*

i suppose ill look stupid if im wrong but whatever
I Am Innocent
I Am Innocent
Jack of All Trades
I Am Innocent
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2315 (ISO) » Mon Jun 27, 2016 11:59 pm

Post by I Am Innocent »

I'm having trouble believing we had two town players who were like...."look at all these awesome roles....but none as great as the double neighborizers!" Let me go all in (like hebi) or 89 points in (like rabbit/RM).

In the latter case, they apparently were interested in auction cop, but could only risk 11 there because they had to make sure they got at least 1 DN.

Best lynch out there? Prob not, but still better than a no lynch and if wrong we only lose a DN.
Show
Town 21-21-1
Mafia 10-6

Replaced Out (Town) 1-5

Ongoing
None
I Am Innocent
I Am Innocent
Jack of All Trades
I Am Innocent
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2316 (ISO) » Tue Jun 28, 2016 12:04 am

Post by I Am Innocent »

Just an FYI, if RM does flip scum and has no roles, hebi should be auto lynched D3.

If still alive D3 I'll explain then. If not trust this post when you see my town flip.
Show
Town 21-21-1
Mafia 10-6

Replaced Out (Town) 1-5

Ongoing
None
I Am Innocent
I Am Innocent
Jack of All Trades
I Am Innocent
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2317 (ISO) » Tue Jun 28, 2016 12:06 am

Post by I Am Innocent »

Ebwop *has no roles or scum role like roleblocker...
Show
Town 21-21-1
Mafia 10-6

Replaced Out (Town) 1-5

Ongoing
None
zMuffinMan
zMuffinMan
Survivor
zMuffinMan
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2318 (ISO) » Tue Jun 28, 2016 12:19 am

Post by zMuffinMan »

this is one of those lynches where logically nothing he's done has made a whole lot of sense for him to do as scum, even though he looks bad from it

e.g. the whole on-off-on-off shit with my wagon, while i don't think any of the justification he's given for anything makes a lot of sense, i think it makes less sense for scum to do it. especially unvoting me to what? vote you? a wagon that isn't happening this close to the deadline? why does he do that as scum, when he could easily just ride out my wagon and play it off like the other derps who have no good reason to be on it? worst-case scenario he still gets lynched, but he's at least putting me one vote closer to a lynch, and one vote closer to others compromising on me

i also don't really think he's lying about those bids. i do find it a little strange that a relatively unknown player would prioritise neighbouriser, i guess, but like, either scum left him in the cold for fake-claims (what does he do when he has to prove that claim?) or he's honestly claiming it (seems a bit more likely). the only scenario in which he fake-claims that as scum is if he's scum with hebi though, so i agree with that
I Am Innocent
I Am Innocent
Jack of All Trades
I Am Innocent
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2319 (ISO) » Tue Jun 28, 2016 12:26 am

Post by I Am Innocent »

You've prob guessed my bidding pattern...the only "safe claims" I didn't throw points at were the 3 DN's.

Maybe these are the only safe claims scum has, as I blocked or tied them on most of the other low hanging safe ones...
Show
Town 21-21-1
Mafia 10-6

Replaced Out (Town) 1-5

Ongoing
None
zMuffinMan
zMuffinMan
Survivor
zMuffinMan
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2320 (ISO) » Tue Jun 28, 2016 12:31 am

Post by zMuffinMan »

his claim was unprompted though, wasn't it? he didn't
need
to fake-claim anything
zMuffinMan
zMuffinMan
Survivor
zMuffinMan
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2321 (ISO) » Tue Jun 28, 2016 12:35 am

Post by zMuffinMan »

i mean, i don't even really know why i'm arguing this since at this point, given almost no one is going to be active before the deadline, it's pretty much me or him

i suppose i'm just trying to make myself feel less bad about what happened today by at least maybe being right about this

*shrug*
I Am Innocent
I Am Innocent
Jack of All Trades
I Am Innocent
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2322 (ISO) » Tue Jun 28, 2016 12:43 am

Post by I Am Innocent »

He was at L-3 with his wagon gaining steam, had to know I would be joining that wagon over urs, etc.

His disappearance after the claim is not giving me warm and fuzzies either.

I'm not sold he's scum either but with less than 2 hours, he is the best lynch.

If he flips scum you get another scum D3 (hebi). If he flips town, don't out or lose any good power roles, plus it would nearly confirm hebi as town.
Show
Town 21-21-1
Mafia 10-6

Replaced Out (Town) 1-5

Ongoing
None
I Am Innocent
I Am Innocent
Jack of All Trades
I Am Innocent
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2323 (ISO) » Tue Jun 28, 2016 12:44 am

Post by I Am Innocent »

Okay off to work, should be able to check back in one more time before the deadline.
Show
Town 21-21-1
Mafia 10-6

Replaced Out (Town) 1-5

Ongoing
None
zMuffinMan
zMuffinMan
Survivor
zMuffinMan
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2324 (ISO) » Tue Jun 28, 2016 12:45 am

Post by zMuffinMan »

hebi would only scum if he flips not-neighbouriser

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”