distad
distad
Goon
distad
Goon
Goon

Post Post #25 (isolation #1) » Wed Oct 24, 2007 7:29 am

Post by distad »

It's not my fault that we won that game. Hell, I tried my ABSOLUTE best to keep from winning!!!

I still feel stupid about it.
distad
distad
Goon
distad
Goon
Goon

Post Post #137 (isolation #2) » Fri Nov 02, 2007 9:35 am

Post by distad »

Hey... sorry that I haven't posted much or even lately. It's a fairly down time for me right now and I'm pretty much apathetic of everything. Except rum. I'll never get apathetic of rum.

Anyway, flame wars aside, I am not comfortable with a Sammich lynch. I don't see him nearly as scummy as, say, Schis. So,
Unvote, Vote: Schis
distad
distad
Goon
distad
Goon
Goon

Post Post #266 (isolation #3) » Thu Nov 08, 2007 7:36 pm

Post by distad »

Distad's law is in effect, Elmo. But thanks for getting me prodded. (sigh)
Show
I will likely be posting far less than I used to for personal/professional reasons.

Distad's Law: No posting after 7 drinks!
Open 36:
Um... I'm the champion of inebriated posting and I will challenge any comers to that.
distad
distad
Goon
distad
Goon
Goon

Post Post #312 (isolation #4) » Thu Nov 15, 2007 3:36 am

Post by distad »

Hold on... don't claim yet.

4 alive, 1 scum... We should evaluate the merit of no-lynch. Right now, if we lynch, we have ~25% chance of winning. Since this is effectively lylo, that's a 75% chance of losing. If we no-lynch, we have ~33% chance of winning. Not great, but certainly better. Obviously, these will change if anyone still has a bullet remaining.

But, what of it?
distad
distad
Goon
distad
Goon
Goon

Post Post #314 (isolation #5) » Thu Nov 15, 2007 8:03 am

Post by distad »

Actually... in hindsight, we should have everybody claim before we discuss this. It will have an impact on the odds.
distad
distad
Goon
distad
Goon
Goon

Post Post #316 (isolation #6) » Thu Nov 15, 2007 9:10 am

Post by distad »

Whatever works. Who is first, then?
distad
distad
Goon
distad
Goon
Goon

Post Post #318 (isolation #7) » Thu Nov 15, 2007 10:49 am

Post by distad »

While I welcome the help, you're dead. This is now happening in BOTH of the games I'm currently in. WTF?

Damn, I hate zombies.
distad
distad
Goon
distad
Goon
Goon

Post Post #323 (isolation #8) » Fri Nov 16, 2007 8:00 am

Post by distad »

no, panzer. I shot You Give Love a Bad Name.

But the key is that no one is claiming to have an extra bullet. If we lynch today, there is a 25% chance of winning. If we no-lynch today, we have a 33% chance of winning tomorrow.

That said, Gorgon had an interesting slip. It's not a guarantee, obviously, but statistics have shown that the majority of the players who say "Nice" or "Alright!" after scum are NK'd (or "Damn" and the like after town-PRs are NK'd) are actually scum themselves trying to look more town. I was recently a scumbuddy of Gorgon's, and he did that exact same thing in that game, too.
distad
distad
Goon
distad
Goon
Goon

Post Post #327 (isolation #9) » Fri Nov 16, 2007 1:33 pm

Post by distad »

It was pretty difficult for me to cut through the crap running between Sammich, JDodge, Oman, et al. You'll notice that I'm not quite as enthusiastic about this game as I was in the other(s). Most of that is that I was recently laid off, though.

I referenced the circumstances of your previous game post in 323. I said that the equivalent is true when 'lamenting' that a town-PR was killed' such as in that game. Obviously it is bad; but the purpose of that post was to look pro-town.

Further, NOTHING proves anything on its own. This whole game is built on tone and circumstances. And the tone of that defense ("It proves nothing on its own, though") makes me particularly suspect, Gorgon. Specifically, what else is needed to prove it? :?
distad
distad
Goon
distad
Goon
Goon

Post Post #328 (isolation #10) » Fri Nov 16, 2007 1:43 pm

Post by distad »

Actually, Panzer... it's 7 and 9. There were two duplicates.

As for why I shot YGLABN, I don't particularly trust JDodge and his theories. Often he is correct, but he is also often scum throwing us off track. Rarely do I see scum give a list of his suspects without also including one of his own, just in case that one gets lynched, for a little security. I thought both of which of the three of those guys was least likely to be targeted by anyone else and of who had the least interaction with JDodge to generate such suspicion. YGLABN stood out for both.
distad
distad
Goon
distad
Goon
Goon

Post Post #333 (isolation #11) » Sat Nov 17, 2007 7:55 pm

Post by distad »

We are still waiting for Schis, but in the meantime, I think that we would be Grade-A morons if we voted to lynch today.

I'm torn between whether we want a long or short day leading to the NL. A longer day encourages more discussion with an extra person. A shorter day means less misdirection from scum and the discussion is focused to only three survivors (less distraction). It's a tough choice.
distad
distad
Goon
distad
Goon
Goon

Post Post #338 (isolation #12) » Sun Nov 18, 2007 6:53 pm

Post by distad »

I know what to say about it... ENNNNNNNNNHHHHH!

As one-shot vigs who claim to already have shot, I think it will be especially difficult for us to shoot each other. That's why it was important that no one is claiming to have a bullet left.

There isn't even a question with this one: we no-lynch. Why take a 1/4 chance when we can just as easily take a 1/3 chance tomorrow?

Vote: No-Lynch
distad
distad
Goon
distad
Goon
Goon

Post Post #343 (isolation #13) » Mon Nov 19, 2007 7:28 pm

Post by distad »

That's too bad. I had him #1 on my list for today. :?

Of course, that means that my #2 is still alive. I'm not sure how much stock I'm going to put into it, though, since my #1 was wrong...
Show
I will likely be posting far less than I used to for personal/professional reasons.

Open 36:
Um... I'm the champion of inebriated posting and I will challenge any comers to that.
distad
distad
Goon
distad
Goon
Goon

Post Post #346 (isolation #14) » Tue Nov 20, 2007 12:40 pm

Post by distad »

The last time I was in a situation like this, I had a cop guilty result, so it made my decision pretty damn easy. The time before that, I was playing with Schis, and we lost as town, much of which was my fault.

I also recently won as scum with Gorgon. So, I do know both of you, each a little.

We should have a nice discussion here, but obviously (from my arguments 'yesterday'), I'm leaning toward Gorgon. I need to go have a look back at the both of you, though.
Show

Open 36:
distad
distad
Goon
distad
Goon
Goon

Post Post #348 (isolation #15) » Tue Nov 20, 2007 1:31 pm

Post by distad »

There were two things that made me uneasy.

1) He forgot that we were one-shot vigs. That sent up huge red flags.
2) He was in a decent brouhaha with JDodge on D1. When JDodge came back as scum, I kept a lingering suspicion through D2.

I was very happy to see that we were in a situation where we could afford to give scum that free shot. I likely would have pushed for a panzer lynch, otherwise.

And that is exactly why I didn't say anything about this yesterday. If I gave the scum the impression that I thought he was dirty, there is NO way that he would have been lynched. If scum, he'd survive. If town, scum would have kept the both of us alive to make it easier for me to vote him and mislynch.
distad
distad
Goon
distad
Goon
Goon

Post Post #350 (isolation #16) » Wed Nov 21, 2007 12:19 pm

Post by distad »

My guess is that he liked my reasoning for my vig choice. I really don't know. I think I've only played one other game with Panzer, and I botched the ever-loving HELL out of that game. If the town had been paying attention, because *I* certainly wasn't, there is NO way that I could have won. As soon as I realized what was going on, it was a gimme win for me. I'm still hanging my head in shame for that one. (And I think JDodge is still pissed off about it, too.)

The point is, no one should be considered definite town.
distad
distad
Goon
distad
Goon
Goon

Post Post #354 (isolation #17) » Fri Nov 23, 2007 9:52 pm

Post by distad »

I'll be on at some point later this weekend. Lots of golf/drinking/funning. :)
distad
distad
Goon
distad
Goon
Goon

Post Post #356 (isolation #18) » Tue Nov 27, 2007 9:49 am

Post by distad »

Sorry for my absence, guys.

Schis- my reason for killing YGLABN was dead on. I simultaneously like and dislike playing with JDodge because I can never get any semblance of a read on him. Thus, I take everything he says with a shovel-full of salt.

Gorgon- of course I was unhappy with my plan working. Now I have to think. If Panzer had survived, I was going to throw everything including TWO kitchen sinks at him. I would have lost, but it would have been a very easy end.

And I don't have to be concerned with choosing which one of you will be easiest to convince to side with me. My concern is finding the scum and hoping that the other agrees with my decision.

My problem is that I'm pretty sure it's you, but I can't figure out how to prove it.
distad
distad
Goon
distad
Goon
Goon

Post Post #360 (isolation #19) » Wed Nov 28, 2007 8:00 pm

Post by distad »

The actual problem, schis, is that my deepest, darkest guilty pleasure is 'Murder, She Wrote', and it's a common line from Jessica.

I get a bad buzz from that last line of 358, also. I'll figure this out, don't worry.

I'm not as green as when I replaced for NAR/Piggy in that newbie game, Schis. Give me a little time.
distad
distad
Goon
distad
Goon
Goon

Post Post #363 (isolation #20) » Sat Dec 01, 2007 7:30 pm

Post by distad »

No, Schis. I think it's Gorgon.
Show

Open 36:
distad
distad
Goon
distad
Goon
Goon

Post Post #365 (isolation #21) » Tue Dec 04, 2007 5:35 am

Post by distad »

This will be a giant pain in the ass, but I'll try to put together a 'voting table' so that we can see who voted for whom.

In the meantime, feel free to say stuff. :P
distad
distad
Goon
distad
Goon
Goon

Post Post #370 (isolation #22) » Mon Dec 10, 2007 7:57 am

Post by distad »

I'm here guys. I'm sorry for not getting on here of late. I broke the ac-adapter slot on my computer, so it's out of commission. I'm using a computer at my dad's office in the meantime, but I will not have much time, in general.

I will not be able to put together the vote table as promised, and I am sorry about that.
Show

Open 36:
distad
distad
Goon
distad
Goon
Goon

Post Post #372 (isolation #23) » Mon Dec 10, 2007 6:22 pm

Post by distad »

There's something about the tone of that last post that doesn't sit right with me. It's how I would have posted in his shoes if scum and based on my previous posts. That said, I've felt Gorgon was scum for a little while now, and am willing to base this life on it.

Sayonara, pal.

Vote: Gorgon

If you won, Schis, nicely played.
Show

Open 36:
distad
distad
Goon
distad
Goon
Goon

Post Post #384 (isolation #24) » Wed Dec 12, 2007 1:57 pm

Post by distad »

It was the tone of your posts, Gorgon. They were very similar to that previous game where we were scum together. No matter your arguments, I couldn't shake that feeling. And I did try.
Show

Open 36:

Return to “Completed Mini Normal Games”