Overwatch

This forum is specifically for discussing non-Mafia games
(board, card, video, we're not picky)
Playing
such games should happen in the Mish Mash forum, of course.

For what platform(s) are you getting/do you own the game?

Xbox One
8%
PS4
13%
PC
80%

Total votes: 79

Xayzeck
Xayzeck
Jack of All Trades
Xayzeck
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #425 (ISO) » Tue Jul 12, 2016 6:41 pm

Post by Xayzeck »

In post 422, PokerFace wrote:video that shows skins and abilities
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UTliwei7P6U
Ultimate strikes me as being very weak though.
ulti + genji seems like a pretty scary combo

sure it's not a particularly amazing ulti, but i think it would pair well with soldier, roadhog, bastion or torb once they pop their ults too.

and her skins are all dope as hell.
GMT+8
Marquis
Marquis
Survivor
Marquis
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #426 (ISO) » Tue Jul 12, 2016 6:56 pm

Post by Marquis »

have been playing PTR. ulti is top tier and scary af. don't even need an ult, reinahrdt hammers become inescapable
link in bio
PokerFace
PokerFace
Too Useful
PokerFace
Too Useful
Too Useful

Post Post #427 (ISO) » Wed Jul 13, 2016 4:44 am

Post by PokerFace »

gonna need to try ptr on weekend to give her a try. Probably won't have time to play until then

Had a lot of fun with Zarya last night. Weapon is spammable in secondary and easy to aim with the steady stream in primary. Her weapon getting charge independent of ultimate is cool. If you see a teamate get an ulti or charge in, immediately shield them. You get into trouble, shield panic button. If you see a teamate get flash banged, hooked, or anything that can generate a two hit combo then use shield on them since they are due to take the second hit any moment. The dps her guns gets over time is huge. I had 100 charge in gun a couple times last night. Once hit any enemy team with her ulti and then made use of 100 charge gun's secondary to get a quad kill. Having alot of fun with her since she can do dps, support, and tank all at once if youu are willing to put in the work. Not easy to learn character

Will cut down on tf2 comparisons for you reck
When I joined this site, I was a software tester for mobile business applications and the song PokerFace was not yet written by Lady Gaga
Now I test lottery and gambling software as my job. It's funny how my life has turned out. Somewhere a Time Traveler is laughing madly
PokerFace
PokerFace
Too Useful
PokerFace
Too Useful
Too Useful

Post Post #428 (ISO) » Wed Jul 13, 2016 5:00 am

Post by PokerFace »

In Ana's intro video she says "Eliminate this target" when hitting roadhog with the e ability grenade. That grenade makes them not take heals and it might make them more easily visible to your team. Or at least I hope it will (Kinda like how hanzo and widow can see enemies through walls, I hope you can see the target you hit with that weapon through walls or at least see that character's health through walls). The ability to see through walls is huge when widow and hanzo give it to their team. Ana lacking that ability would hinder her ability to support her team. Her shots on enemies do seem to make them glow purple so perhaps that will point them out some. Or make them take more damage for a short time (About as long as the damage over time poison lasts). I also hope the sleep ability points out its targets some. Her providing some scout ability would be a cool added support effect to any of her skills. I need to try her out

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XbzRwssqMtU
When I joined this site, I was a software tester for mobile business applications and the song PokerFace was not yet written by Lady Gaga
Now I test lottery and gambling software as my job. It's funny how my life has turned out. Somewhere a Time Traveler is laughing madly
vonflare
vonflare
doot
vonflare
doot
doot

Post Post #429 (ISO) » Wed Jul 13, 2016 5:21 am

Post by vonflare »

you can all play ana right now on the ptr you know that right
THIS POST IS PROVIDED "AS IS", WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO THE WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE AND NONINFRINGEMENT.
PokerFace
PokerFace
Too Useful
PokerFace
Too Useful
Too Useful

Post Post #430 (ISO) » Wed Jul 13, 2016 6:58 am

Post by PokerFace »

yes that's why I said
PokerFace wrote:gonna need to try ptr on weekend to give her a try. Probably won't have time to play until thenProbably won't have time to play until then
and marquis said
Marquis wrote:have been playing PTR. ulti is top tier and scary af. don't even need an ult, reinahrdt hammers become inescapable
Though I can't say whether I agree with this or not until I get the time to play
xRECKONERx
xRECKONERx
GD is my Best Man
xRECKONERx
GD is my Best Man
GD is my Best Man

Post Post #431 (ISO) » Wed Jul 13, 2016 12:00 pm

Post by xRECKONERx »

In post 427, PokerFace wrote:Will cut down on tf2 comparisons for you reck
Thanks bud :)
green shirt thursdays
zoraster
zoraster
He/Him
Disorganized Crime
zoraster
He/Him
Disorganized Crime
Disorganized Crime
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #432 (ISO) » Wed Jul 13, 2016 12:34 pm

Post by zoraster »

is anyone else CPU limited on this game? My CPU cores seem to be near maxed out.
PokerFace
PokerFace
Too Useful
PokerFace
Too Useful
Too Useful

Post Post #433 (ISO) » Wed Jul 13, 2016 2:35 pm

Post by PokerFace »

There's a little lightning bolt with a circular arrow that appears near top left corner of my screen. What does that mean?

Next patch is doing alot of good
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=No2mH5_c494
Fixing the problems I have with Dva and her very weak shield
Making Mcree comparable to 76 in mid range damage
Zenyatta getting buffed hugely!
Adding Ana
DeathNote
DeathNote
Mafia Scum
DeathNote
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #434 (ISO) » Wed Jul 13, 2016 7:31 pm

Post by DeathNote »

What do you do if the enemy team is all torb?
Looking for love in Alderaan places.
Marquis
Marquis
Survivor
Marquis
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #435 (ISO) » Wed Jul 13, 2016 7:40 pm

Post by Marquis »

zaryas, snipers, genjis, reinhardts, winstons

but most importantly zaryas and reinhardts. throw a lucio in and you should be good
link in bio
PokerFace
PokerFace
Too Useful
PokerFace
Too Useful
Too Useful

Post Post #436 (ISO) » Thu Jul 14, 2016 2:00 am

Post by PokerFace »

Shielding yourself or an ally as they fight a torb turret builds serious gun charge for zarya
GuyInFreezer
GuyInFreezer
Magical Girl
GuyInFreezer
Magical Girl
Magical Girl

Post Post #437 (ISO) » Sat Jul 16, 2016 5:10 pm

Post by GuyInFreezer »

I bought the game today and played for 53 minutes today.
Show
"I used to think you had this elegant-trolly, minimalist playstyle. Then I realized the playstyle is ~Lazy~
The true enlightenment was realizing that they are the same thing."
~fferyllt

"who the fuck fakeclaims Tracker like that
WHO THE FUCK DOES THAT"
~Alisae
PokerFace
PokerFace
Too Useful
PokerFace
Too Useful
Too Useful

Post Post #438 (ISO) » Sun Jul 17, 2016 5:46 am

Post by PokerFace »

Played PTR. Ana is okay. She is more of a supportive support, and by that I feel she can't support the entire team by herself. You usually need another healer like lucio since he does mostly close range healing anyway. Ana can then take care of the long range. If Ana is your only support you may need to have a zarya and or 76 on your team to provide some levels of extra support

Dva and Zenyatta are so much better in the update. Mcree feels good range wise now as an alternative to 76 so in general I like the update

The PTR does leave me with 1 question. I had to play junkrat to get a win on one map and got an achievement, was awarded a pixel spray. I also earned a mcree voice line, not sure how. But basically those 2 items I can only access in PTR where I got them. And the ptr dos not have all the skins and some stuff I unlocked in my normal america region. So will I get the two things I earned in ptr in my normal region eventually when the update happens or am I stuck only accessing certain things in certain regions. And if thats the case, thats kinda dumb
vonflare
vonflare
doot
vonflare
doot
doot

Post Post #439 (ISO) » Sun Jul 17, 2016 7:01 am

Post by vonflare »

ptr is its own thing and nothing you unlock in the ptr is permanent. it is updated periodically to match exactly your main region's account, including level, unlocks, etc.
THIS POST IS PROVIDED "AS IS", WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO THE WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE AND NONINFRINGEMENT.
PokerFace
PokerFace
Too Useful
PokerFace
Too Useful
Too Useful

Post Post #440 (ISO) » Mon Jul 18, 2016 2:04 am

Post by PokerFace »

Good to know. Still strikes me as a dumb thing. I should get access to the two items when the update happens in my book

The only character I have not played yet is widow maker. I never have been much of a sniper. Hanzo and Ana don't require headshots or accuracy, they require support and spamming arrows

I'd like to try her but not be the second, worse sniper on my team. Whenever I play, someone always picks her, even when on offense where its pretty dumb. Its not the dumbest thing you can do on offense. Playing torb or bastion when you don't have a payload to sit on is likely the dumbest thing

Playing symetra on offense is slightly viable. Had a game on Volskaya Industries where we got point A and then the enemy junkrat ultimated killing everyone but me. I was busy placing a teleporter pretty close to cap point B. As my team came through it, they all said wtf on microphones or team chat. We beat the map in a stupid fast time, I think around 3:30. Really wish I had recorded it. Sadly the enemy junkrat got play of the game when I really deserved it.
Psyche
Psyche
he/they
Survivor
Psyche
he/they
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: he/they
Happy Scumday!

Post Post #441 (ISO) » Tue Jul 19, 2016 12:20 pm

Post by Psyche »

basically only play mei now
PokerFace
PokerFace
Too Useful
PokerFace
Too Useful
Too Useful

Post Post #442 (ISO) » Tue Jul 19, 2016 1:49 pm

Post by PokerFace »

PokerFace wrote:There's a little lightning bolt with a circular arrow that appears near top left corner of my screen. What does that mean?

Next patch is doing alot of good
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=No2mH5_c494
Fixing the problems I have with Dva and her very weak shield
Making Mcree comparable to 76 in mid range damage
Zenyatta getting buffed hugely!
Adding Ana
That lightning bolt indicates lag

The update is now live in all regions
PokerFace
PokerFace
Too Useful
PokerFace
Too Useful
Too Useful

Post Post #443 (ISO) » Thu Jul 21, 2016 11:17 am

Post by PokerFace »

I have earned enough to do competitive. Should I get a group of people or just jump in?
vonflare
vonflare
doot
vonflare
doot
doot

Post Post #444 (ISO) » Thu Jul 21, 2016 11:42 am

Post by vonflare »

In post 443, PokerFace wrote:I have earned enough to do competitive. Should I get a group of people or just jump in?
it's a lot more fun with at least one friend.

Message me, we can play together!
PJ.
PJ.
Hell in a Cell
PJ.
Hell in a Cell
Hell in a Cell

Post Post #445 (ISO) » Thu Jul 21, 2016 12:12 pm

Post by PJ. »

In post 444, vonflare wrote:Message me, we can play together!
Sometimes a sandwich is just a sandwich.
GuyInFreezer
GuyInFreezer
Magical Girl
GuyInFreezer
Magical Girl
Magical Girl

Post Post #446 (ISO) » Thu Jul 21, 2016 1:09 pm

Post by GuyInFreezer »

So I reached the point where my "can't aim well" is biting my rear.

Also I should really stop playing Mercy like how I play Medic in TF2 lol
(Syringe gun + saw just too good. And no, I don't combat medic.)
Show
"I used to think you had this elegant-trolly, minimalist playstyle. Then I realized the playstyle is ~Lazy~
The true enlightenment was realizing that they are the same thing."
~fferyllt

"who the fuck fakeclaims Tracker like that
WHO THE FUCK DOES THAT"
~Alisae
Psyche
Psyche
he/they
Survivor
Psyche
he/they
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: he/they
Happy Scumday!

Post Post #447 (ISO) » Thu Jul 21, 2016 5:08 pm

Post by Psyche »

when should mei E under herself?
PokerFace
PokerFace
Too Useful
PokerFace
Too Useful
Too Useful

Post Post #448 (ISO) » Fri Jul 22, 2016 1:46 am

Post by PokerFace »

GuyInFreezer wrote:So I reached the point where my "can't aim well" is biting my rear.

Also I should really stop playing Mercy like how I play Medic in TF2 lol
(Syringe gun + saw just too good. And no, I don't combat medic.)
The medic in tf2 can defend himself while mercy is not so good at that

I would suggest trying Lucio or Ana. Ana's sleep dart and self heal grenade are great for sustaining and defending yourself. Lucio's self heal and speed are great for pushing points

Ana pairs well with roadhog big target to hit and can increase his heals
Lucio pairs well with rienhart fast moving powerful shield
Mercy works well with zarya, pocket that healer
Zenny and Winston work well as they counter each others weaknesses
Symetra can shield dva when in mech and when not keeping her going in either state
PokerFace
PokerFace
Too Useful
PokerFace
Too Useful
Too Useful

Post Post #449 (ISO) » Fri Jul 22, 2016 1:47 am

Post by PokerFace »

In post 447, Psyche wrote:when should mei E under herself?
When you want to use icewall to get to a high place

Return to “The Arcade”