Overwatch

This forum is specifically for discussing non-Mafia games
(board, card, video, we're not picky)
Playing
such games should happen in the Mish Mash forum, of course.

For what platform(s) are you getting/do you own the game?

Xbox One
8%
PS4
13%
PC
80%

Total votes: 79

vonflare
vonflare
doot
vonflare
doot
doot

Post Post #450 (ISO) » Fri Jul 22, 2016 1:51 am

Post by vonflare »

symettra is not a support
THIS POST IS PROVIDED "AS IS", WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO THE WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE AND NONINFRINGEMENT.
PJ.
PJ.
Hell in a Cell
PJ.
Hell in a Cell
Hell in a Cell

Post Post #451 (ISO) » Fri Jul 22, 2016 2:01 am

Post by PJ. »

Ana is weird. She's a sniper but she can't get to any of the vantage points.
Sometimes a sandwich is just a sandwich.
PokerFace
PokerFace
Too Useful
PokerFace
Too Useful
Too Useful

Post Post #452 (ISO) » Fri Jul 22, 2016 2:08 am

Post by PokerFace »

Symettra is better at being a builder than a support

Symetra should not be your only support.
Same with Ana. You got to know the vantage points you can walk to. So learn the maps well before using her

Zenny can rarely work as your only support

Mercy and lucio can work as solo supports
When I joined this site, I was a software tester for mobile business applications and the song PokerFace was not yet written by Lady Gaga
Now I test lottery and gambling software as my job. It's funny how my life has turned out. Somewhere a Time Traveler is laughing madly
PokerFace
PokerFace
Too Useful
PokerFace
Too Useful
Too Useful

Post Post #453 (ISO) » Fri Jul 22, 2016 2:13 am

Post by PokerFace »

This weeks weekly brawl is Ana and tanks only. I would think ideal koth and attack/defend comp would be 2 roadhogs, 2 anas, 2 zaryas. Zaryas and roadys take the point with enough shields for all. Ana's snipe into the hill

For payload 1 ana, and 1 of each tank
When I joined this site, I was a software tester for mobile business applications and the song PokerFace was not yet written by Lady Gaga
Now I test lottery and gambling software as my job. It's funny how my life has turned out. Somewhere a Time Traveler is laughing madly
PokerFace
PokerFace
Too Useful
PokerFace
Too Useful
Too Useful

Post Post #454 (ISO) » Fri Jul 22, 2016 2:16 am

Post by PokerFace »

In post 451, PJ. wrote:Ana is weird. She's a sniper but she can't get to any of the vantage points.
You got to know the vantage points you can walk to. So learn the maps well before using her
Focus on vantage points where you can see your team, seeing the enemy is not as important with ana. Or play with a mei that boosts you with ice wall to a vantage point

Ana can defend herself so getting up high and out of enemy sight is not as important

Making an enemy sleep for long time has more value than stunning them and trying to kill them sometimes
PokerFace
PokerFace
Too Useful
PokerFace
Too Useful
Too Useful

Post Post #455 (ISO) » Fri Jul 22, 2016 4:28 am

Post by PokerFace »

After lots of playtime with patch now and in ptr there are a few things I'd like to change

D.vas
defense matrix lasts based on time and not damage absorbed. So it is capable of stopping more then reinhart's shield but for a shorter time. So she can deal with torb and bastion better than reinhart. I was able to block more damage with her shield in a game yesterday than I had ever blocked in one game as rienhart. Based on this I think her shield is now too powerful. The shield currently lasts for 4s max. Yo can deploy it then must wait at least 1 second to deploy it again. Takes 4s for it to get back to max. You can deploy the shield while its not at max for a shorter time of having it up.

The 1 second for every deploy needs increased to 2 seconds or the recharge to get back to full needs increased to 6s. It should not recharge at an equal use rate or become usable every 1 second. It needs greater down time in general. That way you are forced to go longer without it if you just used it all the way up.

Dvas ultimate is super powerful now. I can understand making her survive her own ultimate now since it helps players use it and there are a few characters that take no damage from their own skills already like junkrat and his bomb as well as pharah and her concussion blast. Also making her survive it, helps people who want to play as dva so you can keep her survival from the blast. BUT the self destruct is now a 3s fuse instead of a 4s. I had trouble last night telling if it was my teams dva or the enemies dva that was blowing up. The red and yellow exclamation warnings were not coming quick or long enough. One time the warnings did not happen at all on my screen and I died so I say move it back to a 4s fuse instead of the 3. And whatever bug allows those warnings to not appear sometimes, needs fixed

Also there is another bug with new dva, people have used her self destruct, summoned their mech back, and after that they can not shoot. They can only use matrix, they effectively can not kill anyone. I got this bug to happen once to me last night. And in researching the net it appears blizzard is aware of this bug. Its a very rare bug but a horrible one since you can't shoot at all. This bug absolutely needs fixed

Symetra
needs changed. She gives shields and then there is nothing she can give to her team. If that team mate looses that small 25 health shield they must take cover to bring it back. While the shield is gone or at zero there is no indicator that this teamate was ever given a shield.

If you have a symetra shield and it goes down you should hear something that tells you your shield is down so you are more encouraged to take cover while it comes back. Symetra should be able to give that shield back to the teamate immediately if she sees they don't have it currently. However buffing symetra in this way will likely require her shields to have a cool down so she is unable to shield someone indefinatly from constant damage. Ana can't constant heal, she has to shoot multiple bullets. Figure out ammount of time it takes between Anas shots and make that the cool down for symetra's new shields. Also if you are symetra you should get some indicator in the hud that shows a teamate lacks a shield from a distance. Currently you get the arrows over your teamates head but can't tell they lack a shield from far away unless you see their health. And if you just forgot you gave them a shield at the start of the match and they lost it, you can't tell that when you get to them. So showing a little shield under the arrow or a shield with or without a line through it, would be a great slight cosmetic change to help actually make her a support

Bastion
for some reason is not considered a builder while symetra and torb are. So is giving shields and armor what really makes you a builder? Seems wrong. Game should consider Bastion as a builder. This may encourage people to use torb + bastion less since you will more quickly fufill the defense builder requirement or exceed it. And game should give warnings about using torb and or bastion on payload offense. I see people in quickplay use torb and bastion for attack too often and it eventually ruins the team. Something saying you have too many builders on offense should come up more often especially since symetra is arguably trash on offense. Game currently more often warns you of too many defense characters on your team as apposed to too many builders. It should give the defense character warning less often especially since some defense characters like junkrat are great on offense.

Mercy
got her ability to get res nerfed since her self heal now contributes some to building her ultimate. She currently can boost a teammate attack by 30%. In PTR they removed mercy's being able to stack onto a player and allowed her to boost them by 50%. I don't think I ever saw double mercy on a team so that was really nothing but they eventually reverted that back to 30%. I think because they didn't want her to be used more than zennyatta . Buffing zenny was a big thing. He absolutely needed it. But in doing all this they nerfed mercy overall. They should crank mercy's thing up to 40%. This way they can do what they intended to do with mercy's team mate boost. Make it an effective way for teamates to protect mercy so she does not have to rely on her practically useless gun. And this way she won't take away players from playing zenny. Zenny will still be the glass cannon battle medic

Thats all I can think of at the moment
Last edited by PokerFace on Tue Jul 26, 2016 1:59 am, edited 1 time in total.
InflatablePie
InflatablePie
they / them
Accept When They Do
InflatablePie
they / them
Accept When They Do
Accept When They Do
Pronoun: they / them

Post Post #456 (ISO) » Fri Jul 22, 2016 11:47 am

Post by InflatablePie »

30% on Mercy damage boost seems fine, 50% made Soldier and McCree OP iirc. Didn't they buff her skill where she jumps to teammates? Something about letting you ult in mid flight now. Overall Mercy seems fine IMO.

As a Zen "main" these buffs are nice. Kinda bummed they nerfed his damage but I'd much rather not explode if a Pharah looks at me so I'm not really complaining
If you don't know how to lie, then how do you know when you're being lied to?

No snowflake in an avalanche ever feels responsible.
InflatablePie
InflatablePie
they / them
Accept When They Do
InflatablePie
they / them
Accept When They Do
Accept When They Do

Post Post #457 (ISO) » Fri Jul 22, 2016 11:52 am

Post by InflatablePie »

I just want "no supports" for team tips in red instead of yellow like how no offense heroes etc is. And get rid of "no builder/sniper".

Also pls let me switch skins in hero select

Marquis
Marquis
Survivor
Marquis
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #458 (ISO) » Fri Jul 22, 2016 3:02 pm

Post by Marquis »

I'm free all of tonight if anyone wants to play some in-house games

like... we really should
link in bio
Marquis
Marquis
Survivor
Marquis
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #459 (ISO) » Fri Jul 22, 2016 3:02 pm

Post by Marquis »

post here if ur up for it
link in bio
Flameaxe
Flameaxe
Comma Police
Flameaxe
Comma Police
Comma Police

Post Post #460 (ISO) » Fri Jul 22, 2016 3:13 pm

Post by Flameaxe »

Boo I'm not home :(
Defined by who I dislike, not who I like~
PokerFace
PokerFace
Too Useful
PokerFace
Too Useful
Too Useful

Post Post #461 (ISO) » Fri Jul 22, 2016 3:38 pm

Post by PokerFace »

InflatablePie wrote:30% on Mercy damage boost seems fine, 50% made Soldier and McCree OP iirc. Didn't they buff her skill where she jumps to teammates? Something about letting you ult in mid flight now. Overall Mercy seems fine IMO.

As a Zen "main" these buffs are nice. Kinda bummed they nerfed his damage but I'd much rather not explode if a Pharah looks at me so I'm not really complaining
Yes mercy's "fly to teamates" was buffed and she was given the power to move like that while resurecting teamates. Basically she was no longer a huge target while resurecting, so yes she did get buffed in terms of evasion but not in terms of defense truly. Blizz said they wanted to make the boost teamates her main means of defending herself over her gun. Had they kept some slight buff on that like 40%, I think they would have succeeded in the defending herself category more.

I was unaware of the 50% thing boosting McCree and 76 being a problem
InflatablePie
InflatablePie
they / them
Accept When They Do
InflatablePie
they / them
Accept When They Do
Accept When They Do

Post Post #462 (ISO) » Fri Jul 22, 2016 3:46 pm

Post by InflatablePie »

it might have been just McCree, but I don't quite remember. I lurk r/competitiveoverwatch and r/overwatchuniversity and only vaguely remember people talking about that.

I'd be down for playing tonight but most of my time this evening is going to be spent marathoning Bojack Horseman, may jump on for a bit sporadically though

PokerFace
PokerFace
Too Useful
PokerFace
Too Useful
Too Useful

Post Post #463 (ISO) » Fri Jul 22, 2016 3:51 pm

Post by PokerFace »

In post 457, InflatablePie wrote:
I just want "no supports" for team tips in red instead of yellow like how no offense heroes etc is.
And get rid of "no builder/sniper".

Also pls let me switch skins in hero select
I agree with the bolded 100%

The unbolded I would agree to if Bastion was considered a builder. And if you kept in the warnings about too many builders and too many snipers when you got too many of those. Since having too many of them is worse than having none at all. Also not requiring people to have 1 builder and 1 sniper would likely lead to more originality in people's defenses. So if done right the unbolded, I can completely get behind

P-edit: I'd play but I got to go to bed shortly, got to wake up early
PokerFace
PokerFace
Too Useful
PokerFace
Too Useful
Too Useful

Post Post #464 (ISO) » Fri Jul 22, 2016 3:54 pm

Post by PokerFace »

In post 462, InflatablePie wrote:it might have been just McCree, but I don't quite remember. I lurk r/competitiveoverwatch and r/overwatchuniversity and only vaguely remember people talking about that.

I'd be down for playing tonight but most of my time this evening is going to be spent marathoning Bojack Horseman, may jump on for a bit sporadically though
Considering how nerfing McCrees damage was huge, what you say makes sense. McCree needed his range back to be viable with the damage nerf. I get why they nerfed McCree's range in the beta but nerfing his damage was really what they needed to do all along

Glad he got his range back
vonflare
vonflare
doot
vonflare
doot
doot

Post Post #465 (ISO) » Sun Jul 24, 2016 12:40 pm

Post by vonflare »

'No sniper' is the stupidest tooltip ever.

Zero snipers is the sweet spot for an effective team, unless they are really good.
THIS POST IS PROVIDED "AS IS", WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO THE WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE AND NONINFRINGEMENT.
Cheetory6
Cheetory6
MS Painter
Cheetory6
MS Painter
MS Painter

Post Post #466 (ISO) » Sun Jul 24, 2016 1:58 pm

Post by Cheetory6 »

It makes me sad how terrible I am at everything that isn't a tank.
:(
PokerFace
PokerFace
Too Useful
PokerFace
Too Useful
Too Useful

Post Post #467 (ISO) » Mon Jul 25, 2016 1:33 am

Post by PokerFace »

vonflare wrote:
'No sniper' is the stupidest tooltip ever.

Zero snipers is the sweet spot for an effective team, unless they are really good.
I'd rather have no sniper than a shitty one

I got some serious games in as roadhog last weekend. I am pretty good with all 5 of the tanks now and prefer tank over the other groups. Zarya is becoming my favorite as she has a panic button shield for herself, can take and deal a lot when her gun is up and support the team when needed. The best team comp is 2 support, 2, tank, 2 O/D. If you can't get 2 tank or 2 support, going Zarya when you have 1 tank and 1 support is a good decision to help fill both gaps
Last edited by PokerFace on Tue Jul 26, 2016 5:43 am, edited 1 time in total.
PJ.
PJ.
Hell in a Cell
PJ.
Hell in a Cell
Hell in a Cell

Post Post #468 (ISO) » Mon Jul 25, 2016 1:41 am

Post by PJ. »

I got a legendary skin for Hanzo. I wish hanzo was easier.

I wiped a team with d.VA ult today. It was excellent.
PokerFace
PokerFace
Too Useful
PokerFace
Too Useful
Too Useful

Post Post #469 (ISO) » Tue Jul 26, 2016 1:40 am

Post by PokerFace »

People like to start with simple concepts that they already know. This is why a lot of people play 76 and widow. The sniper class appeals to a lot of people as its in every shooter. Sadly more people suck at video games than do well so I've often had shitty snipers on my team and thus hated sniping all together. So I've put off trying widow for awhile. I finally gave her a try last night. Did not anticipate she would fill the mid to long range aim down sights gap I have been wanting to fill.

The skill I feel I lack the most in this game is timing my ultimate well. The fact that her ultimate is the most accessible to the "just throw it out there strategy" and fact it supports the team quite well, made me happy and not nervous when it came to using my ult

Camping is not really my style. I like being aggressive. So I played her that way, getting probably half my kills with her rapid fire smg shots. Used her venom mine to control space much like a grenade. Got 20 kills over a course of 3 lives (Only died twice) and got an achievement while only playing her once last night. I think I have found my alternative to Junkrat on defense for when I need accuracy as apposed to rapid high damage spam
PokerFace
PokerFace
Too Useful
PokerFace
Too Useful
Too Useful

Post Post #470 (ISO) » Tue Jul 26, 2016 5:53 am

Post by PokerFace »

Also last night I used Dva on dorado once, using he jets to boost over the wall and onto the payload. Killed the enemy pharah and junkrat who didn't turn around. The enemy Reaper and lucio did turnaround so I used my ult. They had to run away while I was able to stay and cap it for the win. Had the mechs fuse been at 4 seconds it would have been even easier for me. Surviving the explosion and denying the enemy's ability to enter an area for 4 seconds may be too powerful so perhaps the 3 seconds is best for now

The enemy reinhart and mei were further away walling off my team so I did not need to kill them. They didn't realize I was there and got real salty in the chat, I told the mei to just "let it go"... I will walk away now
PJ.
PJ.
Hell in a Cell
PJ.
Hell in a Cell
Hell in a Cell

Post Post #471 (ISO) » Tue Jul 26, 2016 10:13 am

Post by PJ. »

In post 469, PokerFace wrote:Also last night I used Dva on dorado once, using he jets to boost over the wall and onto the payload. Killed the enemy pharah and junkrat who didn't turn around. The enemy Reaper and lucio did turnaround so I used my ult. They had to run away while I was able to stay and cap it for the win. Had the mechs fuse been at 4 seconds it would have been even easier for me. Surviving the explosion and denying the enemy's ability to enter an area for 4 seconds may be too powerful so perhaps the 3 seconds is best for now

The enemy reinhart and mei were further away walling off my team so I did not need to kill them. They didn't realize I was there and got real salty in the chat, I told the mei to just "let it go"... I will walk away now
I think 3 seconds on d.VA ult is the sweet spot. It's not an overly long zone control and it's not an autokill.
Last edited by PJ. on Tue Jul 26, 2016 2:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.
PokerFace
PokerFace
Too Useful
PokerFace
Too Useful
Too Useful

Post Post #472 (ISO) » Tue Jul 26, 2016 1:24 pm

Post by PokerFace »

I think you quoted the wrong post there

btw how much damage does dvas ult do spread out over what range?

I played some roadhog and survived a dva ult that I really didn't think I would. Had full and then had 50 after it blew up
PJ.
PJ.
Hell in a Cell
PJ.
Hell in a Cell
Hell in a Cell

Post Post #473 (ISO) » Tue Jul 26, 2016 2:23 pm

Post by PJ. »

Think it does full damage the whole radius of the blast? It does a holy shit ton of damage too. I've never gotten an assist off it. I think if you get hit you die.
PJ.
PJ.
Hell in a Cell
PJ.
Hell in a Cell
Hell in a Cell

Post Post #474 (ISO) » Tue Jul 26, 2016 2:23 pm

Post by PJ. »

and yeah it was a phone quote.

Return to “The Arcade”