Walk in the Park: The Series (Bird-brained/Lindburgers)

For completed/abandoned Mish Mash Games.
JDodge
JDodge
Accept it
JDodge
Accept it
Accept it

Walk in the Park: The Series (Bird-brained/Lindburgers)

Post Post #0 (isolation #0) » Mon Jul 18, 2016 4:28 am

Post by JDodge »

Light bends through the treetops as the sun rises through the sky. A squirrel chases another up a tree, seemingly playfully. An old man sits watching the joggers, his eyes transfixed on the young, supple ladies in their sports bras - reminders of his youth and his long-lost wife. He scatters scraps of bread to the ducks, each a mindless drone entranced by their starchy prize, greedily gulping up their allowed carbohydrates before drifting aimlessly once more across a placid pond. A dog lunges towards the pond, barking madly at the waterfowl as it strains against a leash held by a late middle-aged housewife despondently holding a bag to be filled with her only friend's wayward droppings. These are but a few of the sights - and the dangers - you will face, should you be willing to take...

A Walk In The Park.

The rules are simple. Pick a path. Make decisions. The tough part, though, is living with them...

Current Episode:
Pilot

Written by JDodge

Gonna Walk Around The Clock Tonight:

randomidget (Birds)
Flameaxe (Skies)
Drench (Skies)
animorpherv1 (Birds)
McMenno (Birds)
JDGA (Skies)
Xalxe (Birds)
KingdomAces
as played by Gammagooey
(Skies)
Aronis (Skies)
Radja (Skies)
Felissan (Birds)
xRECKONERx (Skies)
Cheery Dog (Birds)
BipolarChemist (Birds)
Chevre (Birds)
Elekitu (Birds)
KuroiXHF (Skies)

Written Off:
Last edited by JDodge on Mon Jul 25, 2016 4:22 am, edited 3 times in total.
stream

ffxiv/speedrunning sometimes/other things?
JDodge
JDodge
Accept it
JDodge
Accept it
Accept it

Post Post #1 (isolation #1) » Mon Jul 18, 2016 4:28 am

Post by JDodge »

RESERVED FOR LATER DETAILS
stream

JDodge
JDodge
Accept it
JDodge
Accept it
Accept it

Post Post #2 (isolation #2) » Mon Jul 18, 2016 4:30 am

Post by JDodge »

Pilot

You begin your walk. Ahead there are two paths. On one of them is a sign - "Aviation Museum". The other leads to a beautiful, wide-open area next to a duck-filled pond. Do you go:

To the Skies

OR

To the Birds

Either way, you must choose by 11:30 AM on Thursday.

(To join, simply pick a path.)
stream

JDodge
JDodge
Accept it
JDodge
Accept it
Accept it

Post Post #18 (isolation #3) » Sat Jul 23, 2016 12:31 pm

Post by JDodge »

ayyy i meant to set deadline for friday, got stuck drunksitting yesterday during my writing time and tonight am gonna be hittin' the old bottle

so update tomorrow!
stream

JDodge
JDodge
Accept it
JDodge
Accept it
Accept it

Post Post #19 (isolation #4) » Sun Jul 24, 2016 12:20 pm

Post by JDodge »

goin out for food then updating. will also be making the actual rules post today! (since the episodic nature of this version of WITP means that i actually need those)
stream

JDodge
JDodge
Accept it
JDodge
Accept it
Accept it

Post Post #22 (isolation #5) » Sun Jul 24, 2016 6:20 pm

Post by JDodge »

Bird-brained

You walk over to the pond. There's a sign nearby the path, one of those standard yellow caution signs with the word "DUCK" written on it in big, black letters. You find its warnings to be exceedingly obvious given the number of ducks in the area, though. I mean, where's the sign that says "sky" and "path" and "grass" and "Gerald". Speaking of Gerald, he sits on his favorite bench with his bag full of bread crumbs. He sprinkles them to his waterfowl friends, as they quack merrily at their daily fare.

A loud whistling noise begins, not unlike a kettle reaching a boil. It steadily gets louder, and louder, and louder.

A flash blinds you all as a loud blast meets the trail in front of you. A bag of bread crumbs sails over your heads, blood from Gerald's still-attached arm spraying over you like a grim shower. A look over at the former park bench paints a morbid, red-stained picture of malformed gristle and bone.

You notice more of these objects on the horizon. You are being bombed.

Do you:

Run!

or

Duck!

or

Hide behind someone else! (Specify whom. You may not hide behind someone hiding behind you, that's fucking silly.)

Either way, you must decide by 2 AM on Thursday.

Scattered like breadcrumbs:

randomidget (Hide McMenno)
animorpherv1 (Behind Chevre)
McMenno (Hide Elekitu)
Xalxe (Run)
Felissan (Duck)
Cheery Dog (Run)
BipolarChemist
Chevre (Run)
Elekitu (Behind animorpherv1)
Last edited by JDodge on Tue Aug 02, 2016 9:25 am, edited 1 time in total.
stream

JDodge
JDodge
Accept it
JDodge
Accept it
Accept it

Post Post #23 (isolation #6) » Sun Jul 24, 2016 6:29 pm

Post by JDodge »

Lindburgers

You enter the aviation museum, and have a lovely time experiencing the joys of the wonder of flight! The fanciful displays of the amazing technology that allows us to order unnecessary, overpriced consumer goods at a slightly discounted rate that makes us feel that our material possessions somehow have more worth in spite of still being useless displays of pointless first-world hedonism and have them delivered overnight by Amazon builds up a wonderful, wonderful hunger.

You eventually stop at the little restaurant inside, cringingly named "Lindburgers". You must now order one of three meals. Do you order:

Vast Wright-Wing Conspiracy

or

Earharts of Palm Salad

or

The Space Shuttle Nacho-llenger

Either way, you must decide by 2 AM on Thursday.

Hungry:

Flameaxe (Wings)
Drench (Wings)
JDGA (Salad)
Also Starring Gammagooey as "KingdomAces" (Wings)
Aronis
Radja (Salad)
xRECKONERx
KuroiXHF
Last edited by JDodge on Tue Aug 02, 2016 9:23 am, edited 1 time in total.
stream

JDodge
JDodge
Accept it
JDodge
Accept it
Accept it

Post Post #42 (isolation #7) » Mon Jul 25, 2016 4:18 am

Post by JDodge »

KingdomAces will be replaced by a conspicuously similar-but-obviously-not-the-same actor by the name of Gammagooey from here on out. I have been assured he will take 20% less salary and do his own stunts, but in exchange I must supply a full deli platter to his trailer every other day so his position on the show is dependant on the price of salami.
stream

JDodge
JDodge
Accept it
JDodge
Accept it
Accept it

Post Post #44 (isolation #8) » Tue Aug 02, 2016 9:21 am

Post by JDodge »

Been ping-ponging back and forth between "going out of town" and "not going out of town" for a few days. Have an answer of no so working on updating now~
stream

JDodge
JDodge
Accept it
JDodge
Accept it
Accept it

Post Post #45 (isolation #9) » Tue Aug 02, 2016 9:37 am

Post by JDodge »

Paté

The bombs approach with frightening frequency as everyone quickly scrambles. BipolarChemist stands there in shock, bits of Gerald mixing with the single tear that runs down his cheek as an explosion rocks the ground near him, sending him hurtling into a tree with a velocity only describable as "ouch".

Felissan instead makes the decision to duck for cover, taking refuge in a nearby drainage pipe alongside a turtle which he names Bert. Remember kids, Bert ducks and covers! He's smart, but he has shelter on his back, so you must learn to find shelter!

People who didn't learn to find shelter, however, include literally everyone else. Cheery Dog runs off in a random direction, tripping over a branch hidden in the grass and coming to a sudden stop as a piece of shrapnel from the bomb finds the front side of his neck. Gurgling gasps fill the air as he slowly slides down the jagged piece of metal before coming to a gruesome stop. Xalxe also runs, but veers towards the pond. He twists his ankle, tumbling down an embankment just as a nearby tree gets ripped from its ground by a blast. It lands with a devastatingly loud thud accompanied by a sickening crack of shattering bone, leaving Xalxe not unlike a used tube of toothpase.

A member of the other troupe of panicking nitwits sarcastically yells "Timber!" in a way that makes you want to punch them in the face. You can't quite tell who but you're pretty sure it's that one. You know,
that
one. The one no one likes.

Unfortunately though, Chevre meets his end as a bomb lands square in front of him, blasting apart his body in the process. The percussive force slams him back into animorpherv1, each's neck snapping from the sheer whiplash. Ani's arm finds a waiting Elekitu behind him, knocking him unconscious and sending him over the embankment where he lands in the pond, face-down. McMenno and randomidget both attempt to scatter, before another bomb lands dead center on McMenno, blasting bits off of him. A sharp piece of his rib cage hurtles into randomidget's eye socket, instantly stabbing deep into his brain. He falls over, body propped up on the jagged piece of bone.

Felissan walks through the land after the bombs stop. He surveys the land, seeing all of his fellow comrades gone or otherwise destroyed. Distraught, he continues onwards alone.
stream

JDodge
JDodge
Accept it
JDodge
Accept it
Accept it

Post Post #46 (isolation #10) » Tue Aug 02, 2016 9:43 am

Post by JDodge »

Exit Through The Gift Shop

It becomes an unfortunate fact of life that, as budgets dwindle, a simple walking group must also accommodate a tour from a home for the elderly. And it also becomes an unfortunate fact of life that we are not immortal.

Aronis, xRECKONERx, and KuroiXHF are now all too-familiar with that. They signed up to hop on the bus from Sunny Shores on over to the park, thinking a bit of exercise would do them good. But no more. Grandchildren will have to be informed, grandma and grandpa are no more. Natural causes. We weren't sure, really, until a task as monumentally simple as ordering lunch caused them to slump forward. DNRs, all of them. Nothing we could do.

As the remaining members of the group at the museum somberly enjoy their food, they realize that it has no flavor. All the light in the day has been extinguished by this tragic, tragic loss of people who did no wrong but also couldn't make a simple choice between 3 things on a menu.

Life goes on, though. Grandma Reck would've wanted it that way.

You enter a gift shop on your way out of the museum. You're allowed to get one of three different things, on the house from the museum as a token of sympathy for your lost comrades.

Would you like...

A T-shirt

OR

A model bi-plane

OR

A coffee mug

Either way, you must decide by 5 PM Eastern on Friday.

Grieving:

Flameaxe
Drench
JDGA
Gammagooey
Radja
stream

JDodge
JDodge
Accept it
JDodge
Accept it
Accept it

Post Post #54 (isolation #11) » Wed Aug 03, 2016 1:39 pm

Post by JDodge »

In post 49, Elekitu wrote:Technically I'm not dead
Neither was Terri Schiavo.
stream

Return to “Sens-O-Tape Archive”