Song Contest 97 (Entries up, votes due 8/5!)

This forum is for discussion about anything else.
evilpacman18
evilpacman18
Mafia Scum
evilpacman18
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #79 (isolation #0) » Fri Aug 05, 2016 10:47 pm

Post by evilpacman18 »

Spain - Interesting. Reminds me of a like Mac Demarco which of course is reminiscent of like The Cure or something, but it's still got a pop folk aspect that I can't really appreciate much with how overdone it is now
Sealand - I'd be a fraudulent musician if I had anything bad to say about this song. But it's not exactly exciting to hear again.
Hungary - I miss korts (this sucks)
Iceland - Most likely 12. Sooooo good. Amazing solos and excellently composed.
Central African Republic - I would have picked By This River from this album, not as huge a fan of this song. I don't think it really shows off what Brian Eno does best.
Uruguay - I've heard this before, I think someone in the past entered a How to Dress Well song so I checked out a lot more of his stuff. It's cool how personal this song is.
Fiji - lots of really cool stuff in here. Gonna get high points. I'm glad it never gets boring but at the same time it's not really the type of thing I'd actively seek out and listen to
Vanuatu - Great vocal harmonies! And I really like the hook and guitar licks. Really enjoying this
Finland - nope
Micronesia - also nope
Wales - lol kinda reminds me of Pat Benatar (good thing)
Macao - meh the buildup basically goes nowhere
Afghanistan - I fucking love Danny Brown and MF Doom, it's a shame to have them combine for (afaik?) the first time on a pretty weak beat
Burkina Faso - the harmonies and groove are kinda cool at parts but it still screams generic singer-songwriter to me
Latvia - possibly worst song in this contest god this guy's voice is awful
USA - I don't like the hook but everything else is good. I really like the rapper's flow
Andorra - not amazing but I still like it. It really reminds me of Gwen Stefani in a good way.
Solomon Islands - nope nope nope
Ivory Coast - decent I guess. Extra points for good piano lick that forms the base of the song
Zimbabwe - this is mine. Beautiful beautiful song I think
Greece - meh
I play piano and competitive Smash 4 under the tag EPM

Return to “General Discussion”