Site Chat Behavior Expectations-General Discussion Standard

This forum is for Administrators to post news concerning the site and forums.
mykonian
mykonian
Frisian Shoulder-Demon
mykonian
Frisian Shoulder-Demon
Frisian Shoulder-Demon

Post Post #66 (isolation #0) » Thu Aug 18, 2016 5:49 am

Post by mykonian »

In post 64, MattP wrote:
In post 63, Cheery Dog wrote:Based on reading some of these comments, the no context quotes thread should also not exist in its current format?
Yeah I was just thinking this too. Not just because it's off color but because some of the posts are quotes of content from speakeasy linked to user names, which sort of goes against the point of speakeasy to be all private stuff. Maybe it should just be moved to speakeasy
2nd that suggestion.
Surrender, imagine and of course wear something nice.
mykonian
mykonian
Frisian Shoulder-Demon
mykonian
Frisian Shoulder-Demon
Frisian Shoulder-Demon

Post Post #82 (isolation #1) » Thu Aug 18, 2016 8:59 pm

Post by mykonian »

In post 79, Espeonage wrote:Just going to point out that Sitechat has at times had mature discussions about sex when minors either weren't present or not making themselves known.
Or coincidentally left right as that discussion began, which happened enough that you could have noticed as well.
mykonian
mykonian
Frisian Shoulder-Demon
mykonian
Frisian Shoulder-Demon
Frisian Shoulder-Demon

Post Post #94 (isolation #2) » Sat Aug 20, 2016 2:15 am

Post by mykonian »

Ok, I haven't said my thing here yet, so my pov here.

I think the actual case that pushed this change through isn't the sole reason. I feel it's a change that was coming. I can't be so bothered with people being immature, am bothered by creepiness, but otherwise some conversations are better held in relative privacy. Previously there was the awkward situation where a good, but sexually related, discussion was driving people out of sitechat. On the one hand, the discussion is good and the freedom to get to talk about that can be really nice, on the other hand you want everybody to feel the same freedom. Most you heard about it were silent complaints or jokes how they didn't want to be around then. You don't want people to shut up, because you know they enjoy the topic and there's good discussion for them to be had, on the other hand some people may not enjoy detailed descriptions of last night.

I think with the situation being clear now, we can make the lobby an accepting place, and have simple arguments why some discussions should be redirected to private chats.

Return to “News”