Reasonably Rational
Mafia Scum
Reasonably Rational
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #475 (ISO) » Thu Aug 18, 2016 2:17 pm

Post by Reasonably Rational »

In post 473, Koggz wrote:koggz nominate firebringer for lieutenant
In post 466, Reasonably Rational wrote:Alignment was not chosen randomly. Each role we drafted had an alignment attached to it.
schrodinger mislynch is this true?
In post 468, Grovyle wrote:
In post 452, Koggz wrote:koggz vote on space cowboy not naked and not because think they town
VOTE: Koggz

I think this is my biggest scum read so far. I can't really tell. Maybe pressure will help though.

-hebi
pressure might get to koggz scum
koggz town not care
Koggs, this is from the OP of the signup thread. It is NOT in the rules within the game thread, as far as I noticed.
In post 0, Bold Vote Scientist wrote: Welcome to the Shadowrun Mafia. This game is about a war between the Shadowrunners attempting to overtake, Aztechnology. Aztechnology has run Lousiana's economic sphere and used the populace to engage in economic war, not caring about the human lives or the cost. There is no corporate accountability for executives, nor is there any ever expected. A few signs of an uprising have started to appear, such as graffiti encouraging fighting Azzis, have started to appear on Aztechnology buildings. Seizing upon this trend of populist uprising, a silent bidder (Mr. Johnson) has sent out a call for the best and brightest shadowrunners (runners for short) to try and take out Aztechnology. Mr. Johnson has sent a figurehead to deal with a randomly selected runner to give them the available missions in the landscape. To take down Aztechnology, the runners must bypass Lone Star. Lone Star, while technically a private entity, are a crew of bodyguards to the highest bidders. This makes Lone Star corporate police.

Given this is a game based on Shadowrun, there are a few mechanics that players should be aware of.
  • Smalltown Mafia with a draft - All the flavor names and partial role mechanics will be revealed and selected from at the start at the pregame.
    Certain roles are determined to be scum.
    Players will receive their full role after drafting.
  • Runs - Runners can go onto missions to generate rewards. The crews are assembled by the Party Leader and have 3-5 runners. The rewards are predetermined. Runs can be failed.
  • Who goes on adventure? - There are limiting mechanics in place to ensure that the same players don't adventure repeatedly.
  • Mr. Johnson and the Party Leader - Mr. Johnson is controlled by game mechanics. Mr. Johnson selects the Party Leader. The same player cannot be the Party Leader two days in a row. The Party Leader can be nightkilled or lynched normally. Being Party Leader offers no protection from death. There may or may not be other restrictions on Mr. Johnson.
  • Role of Chance - Adventures are run by rolling 6 sided dies to perform specific tasks, just like Shadowrun. Players may impact the chances for each side to win a run. This setup will also be somewhat swingy.
  • Neighborhoods - This is a very neighborhood heavy game. If you don't like neighborhoods, this is not the game for you.

Also, thanks Koggz! It feels good to be unreadable. :P

Also, it sorta depends on what your drugs do. :P There are certain parties who, by role name, should probably be considered likely to be more more in need of additional assistance, if your drugs can provide such. You might want to focus on assisting those slots, IF you town read them.

-Cerb
Show
"We'll see who is bad at mafia after I've lynched you." - RadiantCowbells

"Reasonably Rational was bubbled on Day 2. They were Lapis Lazuli, aligned with The Crystal Gems"(town) - Varsoon

A hydra of Drixx and Cerberus v666
Koggz
Koggz
Goon
Koggz
Goon
Goon

Post Post #476 (ISO) » Thu Aug 18, 2016 2:25 pm

Post by Koggz »

jaereed

Spoiler: yo
In post 943, BBmolla: "I'm actually like 90% certain Koggz is the worst player I've ever seen."
JaeReed
JaeReed
Jack of All Trades
JaeReed
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #477 (ISO) » Thu Aug 18, 2016 3:07 pm

Post by JaeReed »

Ahh, that was you? Yup, wasn't sure whether you wanted me to use it on myself so I've not done anything with it yet.
"Jae defends his townreads like a fanatic" - Charloux
"On the issue of myself they go back and forth between overpowering paranoia and absolute certainty I'm town... it's kind of exhausting." - Nahdia
Klingoncelt
Klingoncelt
Jack of All Trades
Klingoncelt
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #478 (ISO) » Thu Aug 18, 2016 3:25 pm

Post by Klingoncelt »

In post 421, Space Cowboy wrote:KC, I have a very serious question for you.

Spoiler:
In your sig, you say snowflakes are cancer. Why?
I'll tell you after this game ends. :good:
Klingoncelt: "The whole scumteam slipped on page 1. It's the new meta. Sheep me because my reads are so accurate that whoever I name gets mod-converted to scum."
-
MiniDeathStar
Klingoncelt
Klingoncelt
Jack of All Trades
Klingoncelt
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #479 (ISO) » Thu Aug 18, 2016 3:28 pm

Post by Klingoncelt »

In post 423, karnos wrote:
In post 415, Klingoncelt wrote:

Karnos, Scum can collect whatever benefits the mission offers. Enough to offset the same benefits gained by Town.
IME, town with a bunch of power roles is a lot stronger than sucm with extra power roles.

I recently played the "Stack the Deck" setup, which is a setup with pre-game where scum can pick extra powers, but for each power they pick town gets another PR. Scum picked exactly 0 powers, and won nicely. At the end of the game there was a bit of discussion about it, and pretty much everyone agreed that it's not worth picking anything because the risk of giving town an extra PR is much greater than the gain of an extra scum power.

Why do you think the opposite is true here?

Regardless, this whole tangent has gotten pretty far off from my original thought. I'd agree if we knew exactly who was scum, don't send them on serious missions, but historically mafiascum.net games are pretty fucking awful at finding scum on day 1. It's show less than a 50% success rate out of my past games, which means excluding "scum" from a mission today you are just as likely to be excluding a town player. It's fake strategy, something a scum suggests that might sound good but realistically can't be acted upon.
I was Scum in SaGa and in Bloodborne. I speak from experience.
Klingoncelt: "The whole scumteam slipped on page 1. It's the new meta. Sheep me because my reads are so accurate that whoever I name gets mod-converted to scum."
-
MiniDeathStar
Koggz
Koggz
Goon
Koggz
Goon
Goon

Post Post #480 (ISO) » Thu Aug 18, 2016 3:30 pm

Post by Koggz »

In post 477, JaeReed wrote:Ahh, that was you? Yup, wasn't sure whether you wanted me to use it on myself so I've not done anything with it yet.
do whatever you want with it
koggz give to you because it has effect only works on party leader
In post 943, BBmolla: "I'm actually like 90% certain Koggz is the worst player I've ever seen."
Koggz
Koggz
Goon
Koggz
Goon
Goon

Post Post #481 (ISO) » Thu Aug 18, 2016 3:36 pm

Post by Koggz »

In post 480, Koggz wrote:
In post 477, JaeReed wrote:Ahh, that was you? Yup, wasn't sure whether you wanted me to use it on myself so I've not done anything with it yet.
do whatever you want with it
koggz give to you because it has effect only works on party leader
is not harmful
koggz only ask that you pass it on to the next party leader if you choose not to take it yourself
Space Cowboy
Space Cowboy
Goon
Space Cowboy
Goon
Goon

Post Post #482 (ISO) » Thu Aug 18, 2016 4:34 pm

Post by Space Cowboy »

Koggz has 2 reads... And has played since the start... I call bullshit on this.

(if I wasn't already)
Hydra between Shiro and DiamondSentinel

We're cowboys. From space. Like Daniel Craig in Cowboys & Aliens. Yeah, awesome, we know.
hebichan
hebichan
She/Her/Hisss
Mafia Scum
hebichan
She/Her/Hisss
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: She/Her/Hisss

Post Post #483 (ISO) » Thu Aug 18, 2016 4:40 pm

Post by hebichan »

In post 482, Space Cowboy wrote:Koggz has 2 reads... And has played since the start... I call bullshit on this.

(if I wasn't already)
Not having reads isn't alignment indicative.

It's day one indicative.
Grovyle
Grovyle
Townie
Grovyle
Townie
Townie

Post Post #484 (ISO) » Thu Aug 18, 2016 4:41 pm

Post by Grovyle »

In post 483, hebichan wrote:
In post 482, Space Cowboy wrote:Koggz has 2 reads... And has played since the start... I call bullshit on this.

(if I wasn't already)

It's day one indicative.
Quoting in hydra also

UNVOTE:
Hydra of Firebringer and Hebichan
Space Cowboy
Space Cowboy
Goon
Space Cowboy
Goon
Goon

Post Post #485 (ISO) » Thu Aug 18, 2016 4:47 pm

Post by Space Cowboy »

In post 483, hebichan wrote:

(if I wasn't already)

It's day one indicative.
I'm objectively the worst D1 player on the site and I have more than 2 reads on D1.

We're cowboys. From space. Like Daniel Craig in Cowboys & Aliens. Yeah, awesome, we know.
Koggz
Koggz
Goon
Koggz
Goon
Goon

Post Post #486 (ISO) » Thu Aug 18, 2016 4:54 pm

Post by Koggz »

In post 485, Space Cowboy wrote:I'm objectively the worst D1 player on the site and I have more than 2 reads on D1.
what are your reads right now?
Albert B. Rampage
Albert B. Rampage
Survivor
Albert B. Rampage
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #487 (ISO) » Thu Aug 18, 2016 4:55 pm

Post by Albert B. Rampage »

In post 438, Reasonably Rational wrote:Ilu ABR and totally meant to but didn't yet so Happy Birthday! Even though the value of it has been diminished by the fact that you specifically called us out for not doing so already, I do mean it sincerely and wish you the best for your entire birthday year!
Thank you!!!! This whole week has been amazing to me
Guard your honor. Let your reputation fall where it will. And outlive the bastards.
MathBlade
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
Technical Support
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #488 (ISO) » Thu Aug 18, 2016 4:56 pm

Post by MathBlade »

Catching up now.
JaeReed
JaeReed
Jack of All Trades
JaeReed
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #489 (ISO) » Thu Aug 18, 2016 5:07 pm

Post by JaeReed »

In post 408, MathBlade wrote:Enjoy now let's get back to mafia. I have to go but this should help. The last column is because of the first post saying you need a certain number of successes.
Thanks btw this was exactly what I wanted. Also why were you more paranoid over karnos being a suckup/buddying with the pronouns thing than me asking you for help? I would have expected you to have some concern over potential buddying there?
"On the issue of myself they go back and forth between overpowering paranoia and absolute certainty I'm town... it's kind of exhausting." - Nahdia
MathBlade
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
Technical Support

Post Post #490 (ISO) » Thu Aug 18, 2016 5:12 pm

Post by MathBlade »

Because 1) I have a light town read on you
2) I taught Karnos a few things about being scum and he is doing those things.
3) The question could be asked to anyone.
4) When the entire game is talking mechanics and I ask many times to not do that and it still does. So I decided the best way to deal with that was to just take the 5 minutes to throw it in excel and copy paste than argue longer after I got back.

Still reading.
Space Cowboy
Space Cowboy
Goon
Space Cowboy
Goon
Goon

Post Post #491 (ISO) » Thu Aug 18, 2016 5:13 pm

Post by Space Cowboy »

In post 486, Koggz wrote:
In post 485, Space Cowboy wrote:I'm objectively the worst D1 player on the site and I have more than 2 reads on D1.
Town/Null!Town - ABR, grovyle (tentatively), Reasonably Rational, Yume (tentatively)
Null - Mathblade, Jaereed, D&D (tentatively. Very close to null!scum)
Scum/Null!Scum - You, karnos

Nobody else has posted enough for me to get a solid read on them. It's kinda bullshit.

MathBlade
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
Technical Support

Post Post #492 (ISO) » Thu Aug 18, 2016 5:22 pm

Post by MathBlade »

In post 388, karnos wrote:
In post 385, Reasonably Rational wrote: Pedit: Karnos, there are more town than scum. It is almost certain that an all town composition can be created to deal with ANY mission in this game. Prioritizing certain success over denying scum power is very dumb.
Sure, if you can 100% accurately detect scum on day 1 with zero false positives.

OTOH, if you can do that who gives a shit about missions? Just lynch all the scum and win, easy game is easy.

In reality, where we don't have magical scum detection on day 1, the alternative is to only send the most confirmed town, of which there might only be 2-4 players depending on who you ask. I don't think it's far fetched to suggest that those few characters might not be perfectly optimized for every mission.
This one here is a very good example of it. Namely trying to be loud and completely wrong but be so damn adamant about being wrong that no one would believe you actually do that as town. It fooled a lot of people til I scum claim hammered and then Saru recruited Karnos instead of conf!town it worked that well.

http://forum.mafiascum.net/viewtopic.ph ... ct[]=24731

There is the game and PT towards the end.

VOTE: Karnos
MathBlade
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
Technical Support

Post Post #493 (ISO) » Thu Aug 18, 2016 5:24 pm

Post by MathBlade »

As scum*

Between what looks to be a scum v scum fight to try to raise SpaceCowboy read and that they completely ignored my point earlier about sucking up and their entire fight is mechanics instead of anything useful this looks like a repeat of 1800 so freaking bad.
JaeReed
JaeReed
Jack of All Trades
JaeReed
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #494 (ISO) » Thu Aug 18, 2016 5:27 pm

Post by JaeReed »

Eyyyy I got another strong townread. This time of the "holy crap you voiced what I thought" variety.

Math, what's your opinion on Klingon's vote on you?
MathBlade
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
Technical Support

Post Post #495 (ISO) » Thu Aug 18, 2016 5:28 pm

Post by MathBlade »

In post 418, Klingoncelt wrote:
In post 403, MathBlade wrote:
Also PeregrineV's lurkiness is a problem. They lurk a fuck ton as scum. This needs lots of poking. Same with KilingonCelt. Lots of lurkiness. Hell the MOD has more posts than people. This game feels lurktastic yet there is a lot of posting but from the same few voices.

I need more poking sticks and rope.

MathBlade is Scum.

They wouldn't be so concerned with PereV's and my standard NAI gameplay otherwise.

VOTE: MathBlade
It is AI here. However your responses after my push likely make you town. As town when you lurk and post you do try to sneak in periods when people are online. As scum it is a lot less. And as town you inexplicably scumread me a lot. I still remember the USMafia games maaaaan.

By calling out lurkers I can then see how they respond if at all to being called a lurker. You're wrong on me being scum but I think you are town for it.
MathBlade
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
Technical Support

Post Post #496 (ISO) » Thu Aug 18, 2016 5:29 pm

Post by MathBlade »

In post 494, JaeReed wrote:Eyyyy I got another strong townread. This time of the "holy crap you voiced what I thought" variety.

Was just responding to that. I think it is indicative of Klingon being town.
Reasonably Rational
Reasonably Rational
Mafia Scum
Reasonably Rational
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #497 (ISO) » Thu Aug 18, 2016 5:36 pm

Post by Reasonably Rational »

In post 494, JaeReed wrote:Eyyyy I got another strong townread. This time of the "holy crap you voiced what I thought" variety.

Oh? Did I miss you mentioning other strong townreads prior to this?

-Cerb
Show
"We'll see who is bad at mafia after I've lynched you." - RadiantCowbells

"Reasonably Rational was bubbled on Day 2. They were Lapis Lazuli, aligned with The Crystal Gems"(town) - Varsoon

A hydra of Drixx and Cerberus v666
Koggz
Koggz
Goon
Koggz
Goon
Goon

Post Post #498 (ISO) » Thu Aug 18, 2016 5:40 pm

Post by Koggz »

In post 491, Space Cowboy wrote:
In post 486, Koggz wrote:
Town/Null!Town - ABR, grovyle (tentatively), Reasonably Rational, Yume (tentatively)
Null - Mathblade, Jaereed, D&D (tentatively. Very close to null!scum)
Scum/Null!Scum - You, karnos

Nobody else has posted enough for me to get a solid read on them. It's kinda bullshit.
any reason for koggz being scum read other than omgus?
Space Cowboy
Space Cowboy
Goon
Space Cowboy
Goon
Goon

Post Post #499 (ISO) » Thu Aug 18, 2016 5:50 pm

Post by Space Cowboy »

(if I wasn't already)

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”