Overwatch

This forum is specifically for discussing non-Mafia games
(board, card, video, we're not picky)
Playing
such games should happen in the Mish Mash forum, of course.

For what platform(s) are you getting/do you own the game?

Xbox One
8%
PS4
13%
PC
80%

Total votes: 79

PokerFace
PokerFace
Too Useful
PokerFace
Too Useful
Too Useful

Post Post #525 (ISO) » Fri Aug 05, 2016 8:42 am

Post by PokerFace »

It was wednesday and first match i tried to join in competitive. Either it happened because it was their first competitive match too and they were dumb or them peeps were trolling. Only explanation I could come to. Regardless of why it happened, I didn't go back into comp after as I didn't want it to happen again

It said the cancel would not count against me since all players got sent back to main menu. Personally I don't think the leaver should have been penalized there because he honestly did me a favor. I didn't want to play with that shit on my team in comp either. I don't think anyone wants to play with that shit on their team when on offence
When I joined this site, I was a software tester for mobile business applications and the song PokerFace was not yet written by Lady Gaga
Now I test lottery and gambling software as my job. It's funny how my life has turned out. Somewhere a Time Traveler is laughing madly
vonflare
vonflare
doot
vonflare
doot
doot

Post Post #526 (ISO) » Sat Aug 06, 2016 3:21 am

Post by vonflare »

well if you get out of placement you actually get people who want to play the game well and its an enjoyable experience
THIS POST IS PROVIDED "AS IS", WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO THE WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE AND NONINFRINGEMENT.
PJ.
PJ.
Hell in a Cell
PJ.
Hell in a Cell
Hell in a Cell

Post Post #527 (ISO) » Sat Aug 06, 2016 3:50 am

Post by PJ. »

i'm 5 games deep. No sign of teamwork.
Sometimes a sandwich is just a sandwich.
Flameaxe
Flameaxe
Comma Police
Flameaxe
Comma Police
Comma Police

Post Post #528 (ISO) » Sat Aug 06, 2016 3:58 am

Post by Flameaxe »

I gotta get in some qm play to remember wtf I'm doing, but I wouldn't mind partying up. Better to have one less fucko than all fuckos
Defined by who I dislike, not who I like~
PJ.
PJ.
Hell in a Cell
PJ.
Hell in a Cell
Hell in a Cell

Post Post #529 (ISO) » Sat Aug 06, 2016 6:25 pm

Post by PJ. »

In post 528, Flameaxe wrote:I gotta get in some qm play to remember wtf I'm doing, but I wouldn't mind partying up. Better to have one less fucko than all fuckos
idk man.. I'm in only fucko territory. Like I'm so low ranked, it's like.. not even worth being mad about losing. I just kinda don't care. At this point my rank is so low, that as long as no one tells me fuck you, I just am happy to lose quietly, because winning honestly doesn't seem to be an option.
PokerFace
PokerFace
Too Useful
PokerFace
Too Useful
Too Useful

Post Post #530 (ISO) » Sun Aug 07, 2016 10:40 am

Post by PokerFace »

76 not considered healer. Bastion still not builder.

Still think bastion should be considered that. The too many snipers happens on offense, but not too many builders. That needs to happen! I went 45 in placements. Too many builders is worse than too many snipers on offense. Had 3 losses because people were running 1 builder or running 2 snipers on offense. Builders only remotely work on offence if you have a payload for them to ride. If there is no payload, you are not just shooting yourself in the foot, you are shooting yourself in the foot twice!

If I leave during
setup
of a comp match does or does it not count against you? I thought it would, but someone told me it wouldn't because the game hadn't started so cancel didn't effect anyone. Which is true?
When I joined this site, I was a software tester for mobile business applications and the song PokerFace was not yet written by Lady Gaga
Now I test lottery and gambling software as my job. It's funny how my life has turned out. Somewhere a Time Traveler is laughing madly
Marquis
Marquis
Survivor
Marquis
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #531 (ISO) » Sun Aug 07, 2016 1:00 pm

Post by Marquis »

had such a good zarya game today @_@ was going to the second checkpoint of route 66 at 12-0 with 78% avg energy until a junkrat ult. but like. i've never felt more helpful to a team than throwing perfect rmbs to kill the enemy genji right before he reaches that healthpack. 4 times.

my team was just as great and took advantage of graviton surges to regroup and like. i finally had a good zarya game. i want to get so much better with this character
link in bio
PJ.
PJ.
Hell in a Cell
PJ.
Hell in a Cell
Hell in a Cell

Post Post #532 (ISO) » Sun Aug 07, 2016 4:19 pm

Post by PJ. »

I'm halfway to halfway to worst in the world.
PokerFace
PokerFace
Too Useful
PokerFace
Too Useful
Too Useful

Post Post #533 (ISO) » Thu Aug 11, 2016 2:21 am

Post by PokerFace »

Character's I'd like to see

Doomfist = Tank Hand to hand character

Has 500 health

LMB Punch
RMB Projectile punch, while its launched out you can not regular punch or e ability until it comes back to you

E ability = AOE ground pound see trailer where kid does it to widow maker, have him gain some health based on damage this does
Shift = Fist Fade, like lucio's crossfade, but you switch between buffing your teamates defense only or increasing your attack power only (Savior or Scourge?)
Your defense is not buffed just your nearby teamates)

Ultimate = Doom Wall, Similar to Reinhart and DVAs shields. This shield blocks everything in front of it for a short time. Not just projectiles, and does not have a limit of how much damage it can block, its time based. Doomfist can use his rocket punch to attack while this shield is up. Dva and Rienhart can't attack during their shields

Sombra = Stealth Support

Ultimate = Turn invisible for short time

Other ability's ??
Clumsy
Clumsy
Mafia Scum
Clumsy
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #534 (ISO) » Thu Aug 11, 2016 7:43 am

Post by Clumsy »

I would love Doomfist as a hero in the game. Few issues with your ideas though. A tank's primary job is damage mitigation for the team. Rein/D.va shield, Winston barrier plus diatraction/elims of snipers/Genji, RH picks/Meatwall with 300 heal every 8 seconds. The Doomfist above only has that on his ult, and if it's an ult it'll have to be stronger than Reinhardt's shield, which is already great. Punching through it probably isn't enough. Unless his E can regain health to match RH, there's not really a tank character there.

I don't really have a better idea for damage mitigation though, tbh. But as it is written, it's a less effective Rein in most ways. I like the shooting of the gauntlet though.

I would think his ult would be like the cinematic though. Like punching the ground to cause a shockwave in a large sphere around him, doing good damage (150? Tank counter to Tracer, big threat to damage dealers) and send everyone flying up and away from him. Maybe 250 damage at point of impact and trailing off. That'd be cool. Clear them all off the payload.

I've seen a few ideas for Sombra revolving around her information and hacking style. Deployable cameras (information) for one, highlights enemies in the area like Hanzo, put them up like Symmetra turrets. The other being a way to disable abilities (hacking), like a Rein shield or Bastion turret mode, Torb turret, etc. Some kind of Emp or something, puts all shift and E abilities on a 5 second CD or something.
Current game: Witch Trials Mafia, in Mini Theme Queue. 2/6 Pre-ins.

Next D&D game: In design stage.
Clumsy
Clumsy
Mafia Scum
Clumsy
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #535 (ISO) » Thu Aug 11, 2016 7:44 am

Post by Clumsy »

I suppose the crossfade thing would be a way to mitigate damage, but what is "Increasing defence"? Giving armor? Shields? Extra hp?

inte
inte
Mafia Scum
inte
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #536 (ISO) » Thu Aug 11, 2016 8:51 am

Post by inte »

In post 533, PokerFace wrote:Character's I'd like to see

Doomfist = Tank Hand to hand character

Has 500 health

LMB Punch
RMB Projectile punch, while its launched out you can not regular punch or e ability until it comes back to you

E ability = AOE ground pound see trailer where kid does it to widow maker, have him gain some health based on damage this does
Shift = Fist Fade, like lucio's crossfade, but you switch between buffing your teamates defense only or increasing your attack power only (Savior or Scourge?)
Your defense is not buffed just your nearby teamates)

Ultimate = Doom Wall, Similar to Reinhart and DVAs shields. This shield blocks everything in front of it for a short time. Not just projectiles, and does not have a limit of how much damage it can block, its time based. Doomfist can use his rocket punch to attack while this shield is up. Dva and Rienhart can't attack during their shields

Sombra = Stealth Support

Ultimate = Turn invisible for short time

Other ability's ??
sounds edgy aas fuck
Show
W(eed)/L: 420/2

T:2/2/0
S:1/0/0
N:0/0/0

When dreamen gad-adto-ello-lahwer time-antime ageeee-ayeeeeah-ye-e-ah-nn.
Psyche
Psyche
he/they
Survivor
Psyche
he/they
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: he/they

Post Post #537 (ISO) » Thu Aug 11, 2016 9:47 am

Post by Psyche »

there was this stealth role in star wars battlefront 2 that id love to play in overwatch
bothan spy?
PokerFace
PokerFace
Too Useful
PokerFace
Too Useful
Too Useful

Post Post #538 (ISO) » Thu Aug 11, 2016 9:56 am

Post by PokerFace »

That idea is mostly a rough draft So i appreciate criticism. How do you believe Roadhog mitigates damage without a shield?
Clumsy
Clumsy
Mafia Scum
Clumsy
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #539 (ISO) » Thu Aug 11, 2016 10:38 am

Post by Clumsy »

He is a big threat with his chain, does good damage, and is MASSIVE. He's going to be taking shots anyway, and will just take cover and heal 300 health every 8 seconds, pop back out and try to pick someone else out.

Psyche
Psyche
he/they
Survivor
Psyche
he/they
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: he/they

Post Post #540 (ISO) » Thu Aug 11, 2016 11:04 am

Post by Psyche »

if a tank is disruptive enough they mitigate damage just by taking it
Clumsy
Clumsy
Mafia Scum
Clumsy
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #541 (ISO) » Thu Aug 11, 2016 4:49 pm

Post by Clumsy »

Yeah, but they have to also survive that damage. RH's heal is half of his health pool every 8 seconds, and besides pre-buff D.Va, he's probably the worst at surviving. Unless the gauntlet thing heals for 100 hp per person hit with a short cooldown, he would be a weak tank in terms of actually tanking. And that could actually work, not saying it's bad, just that he would need something to survive with. Rein has 2000 regenerating HP with shield + armor and health, RH has 300 hp heal every 8 seconds, D.Va has a timed absorb everything field + flying away, Winston barrier plus mobility, etc.

PokerFace
PokerFace
Too Useful
PokerFace
Too Useful
Too Useful

Post Post #542 (ISO) » Fri Aug 12, 2016 1:28 am

Post by PokerFace »

When I see RH I think Reinhardt before I thing Road Hog for some reason. Need to re-read some of what you said with that in mind as it confused me. I think that's why I call them Rein and Hog.

Doom fist will likely be a tank and a large character like Hog. Punching and throwing fists will likely be his main abilities. The ground pound punch the kid in the trailer did feels too similar to what Rein's ult already does. It would just be more AOE like that Wave in front of you. Not different enough imo. This is why I still think some ability that steal energy or health from others would be the way to go to heal Doomfist. This is also why I suggest his Ult be a shield since no one else has shield on ult.

The ground pound may be better suited to rmb and to have a short cool down or 100 gain per target hit. That could work. And rocket or projectile fist may be better suited for e ability. Rein's projectile is E afterall. (Symetra, torb, and bast turrets are same button. Zar and sym team ate shield is same button). Perhaps 1 hand is for punching and AOE while the other is a projectile.

Lucio's shift would be similar to the Doomfist shift I still have in mind. Switch between two options. But this time its buff your team or buff yourself, Savior or Scourge. Zenyatta kinda lowers enemy defense right now since he makes enemy's take double damage. Making team mates take 30% less while you still take full would be interesting I think.
DeathNote
DeathNote
Mafia Scum
DeathNote
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #543 (ISO) » Wed Aug 24, 2016 7:34 am

Post by DeathNote »

What tank is best against reaper? I am only good really with tanks cause you don't have to aim very much but when there is a good reaper, I just can't do anything to stop him.
Looking for love in Alderaan places.
Marquis
Marquis
Survivor
Marquis
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #544 (ISO) » Wed Aug 24, 2016 10:00 am

Post by Marquis »

reaper is pretty much a hard counter to tanks in general, but zarya is your best bet due to her slightly thinner frame and shields. just get good with aiming your m2 and get him on the retreat
link in bio
Bins
Bins
Survivor
Bins
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #545 (ISO) » Wed Aug 24, 2016 10:08 am

Post by Bins »

Also if you manage to land the Roadhog combo but I get that isn't easy.
is this where I tell you to swipe right

gtkas
PokerFace
PokerFace
Too Useful
PokerFace
Too Useful
Too Useful

Post Post #546 (ISO) » Wed Aug 24, 2016 1:53 pm

Post by PokerFace »

Reaper can wraith form and survive the roadhog combo pretty well.

Winston and DVA can run away from reaper with their shift abilities but I have only found Zarya effective at killing reaper
GuyInFreezer
GuyInFreezer
Magical Girl
GuyInFreezer
Magical Girl
Magical Girl

Post Post #547 (ISO) » Mon Sep 05, 2016 2:47 pm

Post by GuyInFreezer »

Show
"I used to think you had this elegant-trolly, minimalist playstyle. Then I realized the playstyle is ~Lazy~
The true enlightenment was realizing that they are the same thing."
~fferyllt

"who the fuck fakeclaims Tracker like that
WHO THE FUCK DOES THAT"
~Alisae
xRECKONERx
xRECKONERx
GD is my Best Man
xRECKONERx
GD is my Best Man
GD is my Best Man

Post Post #548 (ISO) » Mon Sep 05, 2016 4:38 pm