Separation strategy. Does this works?

This forum is for discussion related to the game.

Does this works?

Mostly yes
33%
Mostly no
67%

Total votes: 3

Realeo
Realeo
Jack of All Trades
Realeo
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Separation strategy. Does this works?

Post Post #0 (isolation #0) » Thu Aug 25, 2016 12:35 am

Post by Realeo »

Me and my Indonesian friend loved to have internet game of mafia. We are like 15 players, and they are this duo that if these two duos become mafia, they're literally untouchable.

I asked how and they told me the separation strategy.

We had setup:

11 VT
1 Cop
3 Framer Mafia

Cop innocent is obviously innocent.

The separation strategy is like this:

The three mafia during N0 talk (the two duo + third mafia) will try to figure out who is the weakest link. The strategy is simple: both two mafias must accuse the weakest link, while the other two never accuse each other.

What I realized is 1) this guy did a good job of "implicitly" doing the strategy. I had been mafia twice with them and I didn't notice that I am in a plot 2) this guy sometimes decided to play classic mafia--to deny any possible meta 3) The third guy is not necessarily the weakest link, one of the two duos can be the weakest link.

Does this separation strategy work?

My mind went, "Wait. This may actually work. People may assume one people bus the weakest link, but no one will see 2 people bus the weakest link?"
"The debate on whether short multi postings or a long wall of post is good or not is like a debate on gun control--we would never understand each other and we have to make peace with it." -Realeo

I'm mabye a serious player, but I'm capable of joke. Ok?
Realeo
Realeo
Jack of All Trades
Realeo
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #3 (isolation #1) » Thu Aug 25, 2016 1:43 pm

Post by Realeo »

So know your audience, it appears.
"The debate on whether short multi postings or a long wall of post is good or not is like a debate on gun control--we would never understand each other and we have to make peace with it." -Realeo

I'm mabye a serious player, but I'm capable of joke. Ok?

Return to “Mafia Discussion”