Overwatch

This forum is specifically for discussing non-Mafia games
(board, card, video, we're not picky)
Playing
such games should happen in the Mish Mash forum, of course.

For what platform(s) are you getting/do you own the game?

Xbox One
8%
PS4
13%
PC
80%

Total votes: 79

InflatablePie
InflatablePie
they / them
Accept When They Do
InflatablePie
they / them
Accept When They Do
Accept When They Do
Pronoun: they / them

Post Post #550 (ISO) » Thu Sep 08, 2016 2:21 pm

Post by InflatablePie »

I'm somewhere in the ~1900s, have only played like 4 games after placements (1938 iirc?)

also I played a QP game where we were trolling in spawn and kinda accidentally went 4 Junkrat/Mercy/Ana... I got 4 medals and PotG as one of the Junkrats. So that was fun.

has anyone had experience playing 3 Support/3 Tank lately? I haven't gotten the chance to convince people to try it in-game yet, but apparently some pro team was using Ana/Zen/Lucio/Rein/Winston/[Roadhog or Zarya] in a recent tourney, and it's apparently pretty effective.
If you don't know how to lie, then how do you know when you're being lied to?

No snowflake in an avalanche ever feels responsible.
Marquis
Marquis
Survivor
Marquis
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #551 (ISO) » Thu Sep 08, 2016 3:10 pm

Post by Marquis »

somewhere mid-plat for me, 2700 iirc

also i really want to try 3 tank 3 support but i'll wait til i get a 6 man going again or something. i heard about that too and it sounds really fun
link in bio
PJ.
PJ.
Hell in a Cell
PJ.
Hell in a Cell
Hell in a Cell

Post Post #552 (ISO) » Thu Sep 08, 2016 5:09 pm

Post by PJ. »

i'm sure i'll be around 0 is i run comp games
Sometimes a sandwich is just a sandwich.
PokerFace
PokerFace
Too Useful
PokerFace
Too Useful
Too Useful

Post Post #553 (ISO) » Fri Sep 09, 2016 3:10 am

Post by PokerFace »

2094 after my 10 placements

also when i grouped up with Jahudo for some qp it said 1149 as a group ranking for comp. So apparently you get two rankings. 1 is your solo and is always effected while the other is only when you group up with people. Jahudo has not done ranked yet so that rank must be from when i grouped up with some people previously. I had a feeling I was way better than those guys on my team and I was carrying them. Guess that confirms it

I got 45 in season one and they said in season 2 you should get roughly season 1 rank multiplied by 50. So I should be about 2250. Need to not play with those guys I randomly grouped with again. They dragged me down 2250 - 2094 = 156
When I joined this site, I was a software tester for mobile business applications and the song PokerFace was not yet written by Lady Gaga
Now I test lottery and gambling software as my job. It's funny how my life has turned out. Somewhere a Time Traveler is laughing madly
PokerFace
PokerFace
Too Useful
PokerFace
Too Useful
Too Useful

Post Post #554 (ISO) » Fri Sep 09, 2016 3:16 am

Post by PokerFace »

Is it within 50 or 100 for groups in season 2? I would be up for 3 tank 3 support with you pie assuming we can rank together and if not we can test this out in qp
When I joined this site, I was a software tester for mobile business applications and the song PokerFace was not yet written by Lady Gaga
Now I test lottery and gambling software as my job. It's funny how my life has turned out. Somewhere a Time Traveler is laughing madly
Marquis
Marquis
Survivor
Marquis
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #555 (ISO) » Fri Sep 09, 2016 4:09 am

Post by Marquis »

In post 553, PokerFace wrote:the other is only when you group up with people. Jahudo has not done ranked yet so that rank must be from when i grouped up with some people previously. I had a feeling I was way better than those guys on my team and I was carrying them. Guess that confirms it
no it just took an estimated average between 0 and 2094 because unranked for some reason counts as near-zero
link in bio
PokerFace
PokerFace
Too Useful
PokerFace
Too Useful
Too Useful

Post Post #556 (ISO) » Fri Sep 09, 2016 6:59 am

Post by PokerFace »

2094/2 = 1047

I could be mis-remembering and it may have been 1047 instead of 1149

so you may be correct
Clumsy
Clumsy
Mafia Scum
Clumsy
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #557 (ISO) » Sat Sep 10, 2016 6:11 am

Post by Clumsy »

In post 554, PokerFace wrote:Is it within 50 or 100 for groups in season 2? I would be up for 3 tank 3 support with you pie assuming we can rank together and if not we can test this out in qp

You can be 1000 apart I believe (if I'm wrong, it's 500). I've heard a little about this 3 tank 3 healer thing, and kinda want to try it with my group. I'm trying to think what it might be weak to. Tanks usually have lower but more easily confirmable damage than offence (if the situation is right, melee range for Rein for example). Long range is the first thing that popped into my mind. Although then your tank goes Winston and Lucio/Zen/Ana heal from a distance... Assassins on healers like Genji, but Zarya shield/healing from others can help with that... I'm not finding an easy strategy to counter it. Maybe Roadhog plus Reaper plus Zenyatta would do some good. Pick off the healers and shred the tanks.

I see this setup working much better on defence than offence though.
Current game: Witch Trials Mafia, in Mini Theme Queue. 2/6 Pre-ins.

Next D&D game: In design stage.
PokerFace
PokerFace
Too Useful
PokerFace
Too Useful
Too Useful

Post Post #558 (ISO) » Mon Sep 12, 2016 2:12 am

Post by PokerFace »

I have grown to like Roadhog and no longer think he is worst tank. He may not be a true tank as he lacks a shield but he is still pretty good. I feel he is most complete character since he can win alot of 1v1's, heal himself, provide dps and be a tank. I think the hardest tank for me to play as is Winston. He feels more like a counter tank to run against Genji, Symetra, tracer, etc than a teams primary tank

Played a game on volskaya when i was Rein for first half and Zarya for second. Got 4 golds mostly for zarya play but got potg as rien because I spent my ult on knocking down the mercy and the zarya she was pocketing. Whenever I see mercy I make it a point to kill her and everyone should do the same
GuyInFreezer
GuyInFreezer
Magical Girl
GuyInFreezer
Magical Girl
Magical Girl

Post Post #559 (ISO) » Mon Sep 12, 2016 3:47 am

Post by GuyInFreezer »

Roadhog feels like an assassin in a name of tank.
Show
"I used to think you had this elegant-trolly, minimalist playstyle. Then I realized the playstyle is ~Lazy~
The true enlightenment was realizing that they are the same thing."
~fferyllt

"who the fuck fakeclaims Tracker like that
WHO THE FUCK DOES THAT"
~Alisae
Clumsy
Clumsy
Mafia Scum
Clumsy
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #560 (ISO) » Mon Sep 12, 2016 8:48 am

Post by Clumsy »

Yeah, Winston is very much a counter pick tank. Tracer+Genji, you need that Winston. He's not a good frontline tank, at least on his own. If you're running Winston as solo tank, you might as well not have one at all.
Current game: Witch Trials Mafia, in Mini Theme Queue. 2/6 Pre-ins.

Next D&D game: In design stage.
Bins
Bins
Survivor
Bins
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #561 (ISO) » Mon Sep 12, 2016 10:01 am

Post by Bins »

I LOVE WINSTON FULL APE
is this where I tell you to swipe right

gtkas
PokerFace
PokerFace
Too Useful
PokerFace
Too Useful
Too Useful

Post Post #562 (ISO) » Fri Sep 16, 2016 8:47 am

Post by PokerFace »

I think the current meta is
Support Lucio, Zen
Tank (two of) Zarya, Rien, Winston, Hog, DVA
DPS (two of) Mcree, Genji, Tracer, Reaper

If it weren't for Genji and Tracer being there, Winston would not be there either

Also Dva is pretty good at stopping reaper with defense matrix
Jahudo
Jahudo
Mafia Scum
Jahudo
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #563 (ISO) » Sat Oct 08, 2016 11:28 am

Post by Jahudo »

It looks like two separate leaks happened today. One showing halloween comic and skins, another showing Sombra model and halloween mode. I'm hyped for this, hope it drops next week.
PokerFace
PokerFace
Too Useful
PokerFace
Too Useful
Too Useful

Post Post #564 (ISO) » Sun Oct 09, 2016 11:21 am

Post by PokerFace »

All signs point to halloween update being Oct 11. Sombra may or may not be out then. She may be in PTR while other regions have halloween

I got feeling Sombra will fill a niche role like Symetra. I am looking forward to new character but I don't think she will be a character I will enjoy much. I want more tanks in the game and if the leaks are correct, she won't be that

I am more hype for Halloween than Sombra. Junkrat getting Doctor Frankenstein Costume. I want him to have Gene Wilder Young Frankenstein voice lines so bad!
PokerFace
PokerFace
Too Useful
PokerFace
Too Useful
Too Useful

Post Post #565 (ISO) » Tue Oct 11, 2016 7:58 am

Post by PokerFace »

Halloween update announced
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jupt7Dh-Fgk
We need to work together to stop a horde. We need to pick a day to be on and do this before Nov 1
Clumsy
Clumsy
Mafia Scum
Clumsy
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #566 (ISO) » Tue Oct 11, 2016 9:11 am

Post by Clumsy »

This is amazing.
vonflare
vonflare
doot
vonflare
doot
doot

Post Post #567 (ISO) » Tue Oct 11, 2016 9:12 am

Post by vonflare »

man i want the zenyatta skin so bad
THIS POST IS PROVIDED "AS IS", WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO THE WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE AND NONINFRINGEMENT.
PokerFace
PokerFace
Too Useful
PokerFace
Too Useful
Too Useful

Post Post #568 (ISO) » Wed Oct 12, 2016 7:15 am

Post by PokerFace »

The brawl only allows you to be 76, McCree, Hanzo or Ana. I thought that may be comic related or original overwatch crew related, but then why would Hanzo be in and Torb not be? Feels weird. I hope its not because they didn't have time to code certain things or disallowed certain characters because they were broken (too good or too bad).

Only one of those 4 I play often is 76. Others I rarely use. Anyone want to organize a game night to take this thing on?
Flameaxe
Flameaxe
Comma Police
Flameaxe
Comma Police
Comma Police

Post Post #569 (ISO) » Wed Oct 12, 2016 7:21 am

Post by Flameaxe »

I'm down. Need an excuse to plan ana more
Defined by who I dislike, not who I like~
PokerFace
PokerFace
Too Useful
PokerFace
Too Useful
Too Useful

Post Post #570 (ISO) » Wed Oct 12, 2016 8:12 am

Post by PokerFace »

I should have some time this weekend. How many hours behind is Denver Flameaxe, GMT-6?

I believe I am in GMT-4. Anyone good with Mccree and Hanzo?

You have to use each character once in your party so no doubling
Flameaxe
Flameaxe
Comma Police
Flameaxe
Comma Police
Comma Police

Post Post #571 (ISO) » Wed Oct 12, 2016 8:36 am

Post by Flameaxe »

6 is correct
Defined by who I dislike, not who I like~
PokerFace
PokerFace
Too Useful
PokerFace
Too Useful
Too Useful

Post Post #572 (ISO) » Wed Oct 12, 2016 8:45 am

Post by PokerFace »

saturday or sunday? what time?

waiting for someone to claim McCree and Hanzo

Strategy most people are using is hold ults for bosses (Reaper, Roadhog, Junk, Mercy)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2cO-Z7b4jmE
When boss appears McCree ults and Ana boosts him. Hanzo then ults to kill what is left of boss after McCree's high noon. 76 uses his ult to get riptires and or large groups that get near the castle door. 3 people focus bosses when they appear, 76 is cleanup/relief hitter for uunexpected stuff since his aimbot can lock on and is not as valuable as McCree's dead eye

76 heals people as they guard door. Ana boosts that heal with the grenade
Jahudo
Jahudo
Mafia Scum
Jahudo
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #573 (ISO) » Wed Oct 12, 2016 9:31 am

Post by Jahudo »

Yeah I can play whenever. Medium difficulty is fairly easy as long as someone doesn't disconnect. Haven't tried hard yet.
Draynth
Draynth
Mafia Scum
Draynth
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #574 (ISO) » Thu Oct 13, 2016 11:24 am

Post by Draynth »

This brawl is awesome :D
"just got my hands in cooking! feel free to give me suggestions. So far completed: noodle in soup, noodle stuffed clam over noodle, red white and bluedle american noodle, hot brown noodle"

Brand New, Improved, Totally Awesome GTKAS

Return to “The Arcade”