boring
boring
Mafia Scum
boring
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #6 (isolation #0) » Mon Sep 12, 2016 2:13 am

Post by boring »

I might have been, but I'm not super worried about that. I've been on Galagya too.

We're crazy lucky that the only town PR is gone. We're free to kill whoever without being blocked or tracked. If we lose this, we deserve to lose.

We have to blame the victim. SR should have claimed. It was on her, and she and GM will be the bad guys. It was the IC who put the pressure on her, and the IC's responsibility to tell newbies about their obligation to claim.

We need to NK the IC and then use our righteous anger to lecture the remaining newb town on the importance of claiming.

Also, don't forget that scum buddies are expected to distance. If we play like town, that means going through phases where we agree and disagree with each other. Town makes mistakes.

My first scum game, I won, but I began a noticeable pattern (at least to Drixx, my IC, who is vocal about it now) that I have to break. That is, keeping it neutral as long as possible before spinning my bullshit. I've noticed that as town, I play more fast and loose. Of course, I occasionally get mislynched that way. I'm trying to marry the two because the first will become a personal scumtell.
boring
boring
Mafia Scum
boring
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #8 (isolation #1) » Mon Sep 12, 2016 4:02 am

Post by boring »

One thing I've learned is to make sure you do a shitty job of jumping on scum-buddies.

When I "suspected" you, I left a big fat hole in my logic. You don't have to be THAT bad, but I'm just using up every last ounce of newbie clearance I have, seeing as I can't seem to rand anything but scum on this website. That said, keep in mind that we have to be careful about how informed we seem. Town is feeling their way through the dark. We're seeing each other's flaws under a magnifying glass because we know we're scum and we're having to trust one another to play correctly despite having different styles.

Anyway, if you leave a hole, I can pounce on your argument rather than on you, and it gives you a chance to back off. Tomorrow should be a bit of a cake-walk. There is absolutely no reason for either of us to be lynched Day 2, and we should avoid real undermining as much as possible. That doesn't mean agreeing on all points, but it means not sabotaging one another. If one or both of us comes under serious fire tomorrow for some unforeseen reason, we can use it to bus and earn town cred day 3. We are 2/7 of town, and we both ended Day 1 with credibility. In fact, we could easily step up to become town leaders. :lol:

I'm planning to gun for Galagya tomorrow. I think they're the best choice for lynch, unless DE's replacement is lame. That doesn't mean my vote will be on them at the end. If I think I can get away with it, I think I might "change my mind" on Galagya toward the end of the day and do the whole "this wagon is bad" thing, and do a vanity wagon on whoever made the most believable "scum-slip".

Then again, town might prefer MW. I guess I'll play it by ear.

Do you think it matters at this point who puts in the NK for goodmorning?
boring
boring
Mafia Scum
boring
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #11 (isolation #2) » Mon Sep 12, 2016 8:49 am

Post by boring »

I understand the guilty feeling. My first game D1, a newb town went to the gallows insisting that I was absolutely, positively town, and he made an appeal directly to me about his towniness. I felt like a monster.

Then I realized that we have a duty to town to challenge them. After all, most people enjoy playing town over scum for the fun of the puzzle.

I think GM remains the best N1 choice because she stands as a strong voice of reason for town. Besides, if I were her, I'd be reticent to give a stong voice D1 specifically for the purpose of avoiding an early NK.
boring
boring
Mafia Scum
boring
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #12 (isolation #3) » Mon Sep 12, 2016 9:14 am

Post by boring »

If you wanted, I could bus you tomorrow. It's just not the most sound strategy at this point.

If you start to get uncomfortable with conflict in the game, or if you feel unsure, you could always take a day or two off. Or if it gets really bad, I'm sure the mod will let you sub out. No need to give yourself an ulcer or anything.
boring
boring
Mafia Scum
boring
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #14 (isolation #4) » Mon Sep 12, 2016 1:20 pm

Post by boring »

Sounds fair enough

NK goodmorning, please
boring
boring
Mafia Scum
boring
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #16 (isolation #5) » Tue Sep 13, 2016 1:27 am

Post by boring »

Awesome. Thank you.
boring
boring
Mafia Scum
boring
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #18 (isolation #6) » Tue Sep 13, 2016 10:45 am

Post by boring »

Don't worry, we'll be fine :)

@mod how long is too long for a post? I'm kind of working on a post that's 4330 words at the moment. I can totally break it up into spoiler chunks, if that helps.

Oh yeah, @kuror0, I am slow to make huge posts, so I can only really do good ones "overnight". Can you do me a favor and not post anything that requires an enormous response from me when/if you do your distancing thing?
boring
boring
Mafia Scum
boring
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #23 (isolation #7) » Wed Sep 21, 2016 5:04 pm

Post by boring »

Yay! I really want to claim BP first thing day 3. I want to say something like "clearly mafia knows, seeing as Ive done everything in my power to attract a NK and nuthing. so town needs to know too. Sorry for being so bitchy yesterday, but I wanted to try to rattle as many people as possible without leaving scum to think I was an easy lynch. I think I made it too obvious, though."

I'm thinking jon is a good kill. He the most experienced, therefore most likely to realize that I could so easily lie about this. What do you think?

If I could get in as conf town, we can steer toward a vulnerable townie, and we'll win!
boring
boring
Mafia Scum
boring
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #27 (isolation #8) » Thu Sep 22, 2016 1:26 am

Post by boring »

I had thought about that, but I think it would be best to kill as much town as possible.

I tried to be super obvious in order to make the "I was too obvious, and mafia clearly picked up on that and wouldn't want to waste a NK." narrative plausible.

I admit that with a lack of apparent effort in attracting a NK, you'd have to have a bit more proof of your towniness and/or a reason.

My reason was going to be that scum already knows, and there won't be a N3 for them to utilize if we don't lynch right. I was going to ramble about the responsibility of the BP to attract a NK without letting on to being BP, and imply that since the scum already know, they're going to pretend not to believe me. Though, obviously wording would vary.

If we can pull off one more mislynch, we win.

If it doesn't work with whoever of us claim it, we can just bus and get town cred.

I think we should kill jon or galagya. They both seem like they'd be a difficult lynch today.
boring
boring
Mafia Scum
boring
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #28 (isolation #9) » Thu Sep 22, 2016 1:26 am

Post by boring »

Sorry, I mean gamma. Not Galagya
boring
boring
Mafia Scum
boring
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #29 (isolation #10) » Thu Sep 22, 2016 1:35 am

Post by boring »

I take it back. Killing jon is better. Or galagya if we must. We can frame it up that those who agreed to kill MW but were unwilling to commit are most guilty looking. They knew that he was town, and wanted to play it low while not going against the grain. The town people commited because they aren't part of the informed minority, and he seemed sketchy as fuck.
boring
boring
Mafia Scum
boring
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #31 (isolation #11) » Thu Sep 22, 2016 3:01 am

Post by boring »

In post 26, kuror0 wrote:I think if you claim right at the start of day phase for most if would be shady and it would actually go against your objective. seems you are panicking now due to Galagya and gamma words. As for the NK so far I do think jon is the wildcard. I don't really know whats on his head so I can't predict how he will start d3. for now I believe our kill must be either jon or gamma I don't want to lynch lmk and Galagya is a viable wagon.
Galagya and Gamma said a couple random things, but not enough to be worrisome. Honestly, being suspected at a time when people aren't ready to lynch you is normally ideal. It means people will have had time to assess, doubt, and move on to another lead by the time they're actually ready to lynch. Map Wolf was an exception because he really messed up.

I thought I had set myself up this whole day to claim first thing D3 in a "informing town to give them solid ground to work off" kind of way. Because honestly, if there was a BP that mafia knew about, I think they'd be hurting town to hold out at MYLO.

However, we can just hang onto the claim for if one of us gets to L-1.
That
seems more panicky and scummy to me, but I don't know how others will see things. People seem to find aggressive more town, and amicable more scum. I haven't figured out why yet. But then, I've yet to be assigned a town role on this site. Maybe once I've been on both sides of the fence, I'll understand better.

Okay, so let's kill jon.

As for your case against Galagya, the way we ended yesterday, I'd look really awful if I came in helping you tunnel her. I can think of three good ways to handle this to support you. The best, most believable idea, I think, is that I could resist your tunnel on Galagya, and start a parallel wagon on you with shitty logic, which you'll be able to dispel with a BP claim if I'm too convincing. Two, I could seem unsure and ride the fence, using MYLO as my excuse, and claim BP when people get close to lynching me for dragging my feet. Three, I could start the day with a synopsis of everyone's ISOs and conclude that either LMK or Gamma was the best vote, which would let us adjust to whatever town is biting onto.

What do you think would work best with what you have planned for Galagya?

Either way,
if a townie votes another townie, we need to hammer that shit really, really fast
. Once a third vote is on, the game's over, and we've won, so there's no need to hide anymore.

If I was town, my first post tomorrow would be to tell everyone to hold their vote until we 're absolutely sure, because with two scum, all we need is one bad town vote and the game is over. Obviously, if someone in town mentions it, by all means comply.

Also, there's a rule of thumb I've seen floating around here and on Mafia Universe that the first person to vote in MYLO/LYLO is always scum. I don't know if anyone here knows that, but we can use it to our advantage if a townie votes for one of us. That, or there's the logic of "if I put a vote on so-and-so and scum doesn't hammer, then it means that they must be scum" that I've seen effectively utilized several times. We might be able to work that in piece of crap to our advantage too.
boring
boring
Mafia Scum
boring
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #32 (isolation #12) » Thu Sep 22, 2016 3:05 am

Post by boring »

I don't think we should warn town not to vote. I meant to put that in there. Hopefully none of them will think of it.
boring
boring
Mafia Scum
boring
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #36 (isolation #13) » Thu Sep 22, 2016 8:54 am

Post by boring »

Well, it looks like we're in the same time zone, which helps.

Okay, I am also unpredictable on the weekends. I was planning to stay up late Friday night to make my claim, but I will be busy for most of Saturday, and my husband gets grumpy when I ignore him to play on the computer.

So too with me, I have reliable periods during the work day when I can pop on, but if I have a lot of clients or employees needing me, it obviously pulls me away from goofing off. 8am-10am and 4pm-6pm are normally the more reliable for me during the week. The rest is whenever.

I wouldn't worry about fake votes at this point. Just make sure you can justify any vote you make if you're #1 or #2. If you're #3, you don't need to justify anything because no matter what happens, that person is lynched. If someone claims their vote was fake just to test someone else, you can maul them with furious and righteous townie anger for being willing to risk the entire game like that. In fact, I don't see how you couldn't ride that straight into a lynch because that's hella scummy.

If anyone votes over the weekend, I'll be surprised. I'll be an early suspect. If I have to claim, I will, but I'm not bad at talking my way out of stuff.

I can signal you that I'll be around for the next hour by leaving two spaces between my last two paragraphs.

Like this.
boring
boring
Mafia Scum
boring
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #37 (isolation #14) » Thu Sep 22, 2016 8:56 am

Post by boring »

I will save the claim for when one of us needs it. If I have time, I'll prepare a small series of ISO posts for Friday night/early Saturday morning. Otherwise, I'll probably hop on Sunday morning to catch up and put out fires.
boring
boring
Mafia Scum
boring
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #39 (isolation #15) » Thu Sep 22, 2016 2:23 pm

Post by boring »

That's fine. We'll work it out. Bus me if you need to. I'll do the same.

Wait. Maybe I'm -5 too. I'm in CST. I thought it was -6 for some reason. But the timestamp on the post you said was 11am showed as 11am for me too.
boring
boring
Mafia Scum
boring
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #43 (isolation #16) » Fri Sep 23, 2016 3:38 pm

Post by boring »

yes. KILL JON

Return to “Completed Game Topics”