The G.O.A.T

This forum is for discussion related to the game.
Deductive
Deductive
Goon
Deductive
Goon
Goon

The G.O.A.T

Post Post #0 (isolation #0) » Sat Sep 17, 2016 10:04 am

Post by Deductive »

Who's the greatest player of all time on this site?

Players who I consider slightly better than myself and remember being top-tier (in no particular order):
Jeep, Vi, Mastin, Glork, Regfan, Faraday, Thor665, Llamarble

People who I've heard great things about and probably would be on the above list but I did not have enough meaningful games with them: CES, Sotty7, Antrax, MeMe.

All the above I believe were ace as both town and scum.

Honourable mentions (in no particular order): AngryPidgeon, roflcopter, grapes, Nachomamma8, kanyeknowsbest, LoudmouthLee, Fate, Plotinus, petroleumjelly, petapan, Empire, mathcam, Talitha, Thesp
Last edited by Deductive on Tue Sep 20, 2016 12:53 am, edited 3 times in total.
Dmitry Davidoff may have created the game of mafia but he never mastered it. As a mafia enthusiast/aficionado; I'm here to master the game.
Deductive
Deductive
Goon
Deductive
Goon
Goon

Post Post #3 (isolation #1) » Sat Sep 17, 2016 10:23 am

Post by Deductive »

RC was really impressive as scum but as town was more of a hit-or-miss with reads.
Dmitry Davidoff may have created the game of mafia but he never mastered it. As a mafia enthusiast/aficionado; I'm here to master the game.
Deductive
Deductive
Goon
Deductive
Goon
Goon

Post Post #5 (isolation #2) » Sat Sep 17, 2016 10:52 am

Post by Deductive »

Newbie 1607
Newbie 1591
Mini Normal 1651
Mini Normal 1642

I'm sure there are others but these are the ones I could remember.
Deductive
Deductive
Goon
Deductive
Goon
Goon

Post Post #12 (isolation #3) » Sat Sep 17, 2016 11:14 pm

Post by Deductive »

In post 6, Antihero wrote:
In post 3, Deductive wrote:hit-or-miss with reads
that's everyone, even the ppl you listed
Naw, the people I listed were a lot more accurate with reads.
Deductive
Deductive
Goon
Deductive
Goon
Goon

Post Post #27 (isolation #4) » Sun Sep 18, 2016 11:40 pm

Post by Deductive »

In post 15, Vi wrote:Also, I dedicate this post to Sotty7, because if we're bringing up skilled old-guard people, we can't leave out the person whose scum game earned her the title "That Dann Good".
She was exceptionally good in the few games I remember but I didn't play a large sample size with her to know if she was one of the best ever.
In post 19, kuribo wrote: Not including DGB or Yosarian2 in this conversation is a travesty.
I consider DGB as a funny person and a good player but not top-tier.
Didn't play enough meaningful games with Yosarian2 to get a gauge on skill.
In post 21, ɀefiend wrote:I recognize your avi from EM, though there's no guarantee you're the same person. There's also no way you'd believe who I was there, but if the regfan there is the same regfan here, then you're probably right about him. Haven't played enough games to be sure on anyone else.
I'm not DC. It's the same Regfan.
In post 24, Kublai Khan wrote: Sorry, but Mastin is nowhere near a top mafia player.

I think roflcopter is one of the consistently best players I've played with.
DEEP. Mastin was the one I was least sure of putting as a player better than myself / top tier.
I was probably just being humble by placing him there because he has a great understanding of the game and he's one of the players I feel has dramatically improved since he first started playing, he's another magnitude better than he was.
I remember him playing better on Mastin2. Roflcopter was really good but misses the top-tier section by a small margin, I do think Mastin is better than him.

I'm sure that despite playing with a lot of players there are still a few other top-tier players that I've missed and it's probably because I didn't play enough meaningful games with them. This is more of a discussion as to who the very best players ever are and my list is a few members that deserve shout-outs. It's egotistical but for the sake of clarity I'd mention myself too albeit I don't think I'm the GOAT. I'd say Jeep was the best during the early era and then Regfan for the next era, not sure on who's currently the best.
Deductive
Deductive
Goon
Deductive
Goon
Goon

Post Post #29 (isolation #5) » Mon Sep 19, 2016 1:25 am

Post by Deductive »

Oh yeah Llamarble was incredibly good, forgot about him.
Deductive
Deductive
Goon
Deductive
Goon
Goon

Post Post #32 (isolation #6) » Mon Sep 19, 2016 2:36 am

Post by Deductive »

Should've mentioned my list was in no particular ranking order. Clarified it now.
Deductive
Deductive
Goon
Deductive
Goon
Goon

Post Post #77 (isolation #7) » Thu Sep 22, 2016 2:34 am

Post by Deductive »

In post 49, Chevre wrote:I am
the
goat.

Return to “Mafia Discussion”