Upcoming Game Advertisements

This forum contains signup threads for Mafia Games.
Read about how our signups work here.
callforjudgement
callforjudgement
Microprocessor
callforjudgement
Microprocessor
Microprocessor

Post Post #1028 (isolation #0) » Wed Sep 28, 2016 2:39 pm

Post by callforjudgement »

Mislead 2: A Maze of our Own Devising

Coming soon to the Micro Queue

Nine players built a deadly maze. Then they got trapped inside. Will anyone escape?

No lynches. No nightkills. Instead, you just have to determine who to trust. Follow a path set out by scum – or doubt the advice of your fellow townies – and you may end up trapped or even dead. But scumhunt correctly, and you're guaranteed to make it out alive, even if nobody else listens to you. Of course, you'll be better off if you can work as a team; if even one player escapes, town wins.
In post 4, podoboq wrote:You don't win the game by surviving. You win the game by being right.
This game is a Micro Open Theme. It's possible that pre-/ins are now full (I'm checking the status of some, so it may be that another pre-/in slot opens up), but if you're interested, let me know and I'll give you a heads-up when the game enters signups.
scum
· scam · seam · team · term · tern · torn ·
town
callforjudgement
callforjudgement
Microprocessor
callforjudgement
Microprocessor
Microprocessor

Post Post #1102 (isolation #1) » Wed Feb 08, 2017 1:32 pm

Democracy can be frustrating sometimes. Here we are, a bloodthirsty lynch mob just looking for scum to run up, and yet we have to stand around waiting until half of us agree on someone to kill, while our torches burn out and our pitchforks rust. And if we're outvoted, we have no say. That's no way to run a riot.

Sure, we need to discuss in order to at least keep up the appearance of trying to get the right guy. And sure, it'd be nice to persuade other people around to our point of view. But we can hardly put this off forever; eventually our bloodlust is going to take over, and when the dust settles,
someone
is going to be dead. More likely someone unpopular, but it's hard to tell what will happen when the red mist descends. We'll all have had our say, if not with words, then with fists, and with rope. It might have been unfair, and it might have been arbitrary, and a maverick might get their way just because they got lucky. But at least everyone got a chance to influence the outcome. At least…

Every Vote Counts

A Micro Theme by callforjudgement

This game is an unflavoured 9 player Closed Theme, with no Vanilla Townies, and an altered lynch and deadline mechanism; when the Day ends, a random player is lynched, with the chance of a player being lynched increasing the more votes are on that player (and players with no votes on them having no chance to be lynched). Oh, and the Day can end entirely suddenly, with Day deadlines being both random and secret. Any vote, therefore, has a chance of determining the day's outcome (unless it's retracted later in the same post).

Naturally, this means that the game is going to be somewhat swingy; I can't guarantee balance, and I can't even guarantee that a faction who plays perfectly will win. Additionally, all pre-in slots are now full. If you're interested, though, drop me a PM and I can notify you when the game goes into signups (although at the rate things seem to be going at the moment, it's possible that the game will have filled before I notice the signups starting). For more details, here's the Queue post.
scum
town
callforjudgement
callforjudgement
Microprocessor
callforjudgement
Microprocessor
Microprocessor

Post Post #1317 (isolation #2) » Wed Jun 19, 2019 1:01 pm

Role Call I

Don't you just hate it when the wrong players get the wrong roles? There you are, just trying to mind your business hunting scum, when the game goes to Night, and come morning, all the wrong players are dead, all the investigative information is broken, and you thought you spotted a fakeclaim. Perhaps we can find a better way.

Role Call is a new sort of Mafia game: everyone starts out with nothing but factional abilities, but every Day, one role per player will be on offer, and all you have to do is vote on which player gets which role. (Oh, and see if you can get rid of the scum while you're at it.)

A 14 player game, now taking signups in the Large Theme Queue!
scum
town

Return to “Queue”