The MafiaScum Minecraft Thread - AllTheMods 9!!! - NEW Vanilla?

This forum is specifically for discussing non-Mafia games
(board, card, video, we're not picky)
Playing
such games should happen in the Mish Mash forum, of course.

New Vanilla Server?

Yes, on latest stable version; with fun events & mini-games!
33%
Yes, on latest stable version; for consistency & community! (no plugins)
33%
Yes, on "snapshots"/development versions; bleeding edge! (definitely no plugins)
No votes
Yes, with Spigot/Bukkit/server "plugins" (or commands like /tpa, /home, etc.)
33%
Yes, but I'll post with my specific thoughts and ideas!
No votes

Total votes: 9

davesaz
davesaz
He
Survivor
davesaz
He
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: He

Post Post #19100 (ISO) » Wed Sep 28, 2016 7:49 pm

Post by davesaz »

Welcome to the jungle!

Arch Expeditions now providing jungle access via a Nether bypass. Enter at your own risk. The route *should* be secure, but it is the Nether...

Go to the nether portal hub, and enter the tunnel to Aphix's portal.

At the bottom of the stairs turn right for the path to jungle.

When you come to an intersection, straight through please. The side turns are
NOT safe
-- they are a davroe production and appear to be WIP. (However if you know about that project this is quite a shortcut).

Continue along the passage -- it takes several more ups/downs and turns, eventually reaching the jungle portal.
On the other side your adventure awaits. The portal is in a safe room in case you arrive at night, the rest is up to you.
Wanna play Minecraft with your ms friends? Check out the minecraft thread, or the channel on discord
Maruchan
Maruchan
she/her
Jack of All Trades
Maruchan
she/her
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Pronoun: she/her

Post Post #19101 (ISO) » Thu Sep 29, 2016 4:41 am

Post by Maruchan »

In post 19099, Klazam wrote:Honeyopolis Bay
No
Show
Returning to modding after a nearly two year hiatus!
9 player Purgatory coming to the Open Queue Soon!
Join Now!

Micro Grand Idea uPick coming to the micro queue soon!
Rhinox
Rhinox
Mafia Scum
Rhinox
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #19102 (ISO) » Thu Sep 29, 2016 5:13 am

Post by Rhinox »

Spoiler: Give a man a fish, he'll eat for a day. Teach a man to afk auto fish and he'll...
Above loot from afk auto fish farm from 1 fishing rod enchanted with unb III lure II LotS II with just 48 durability remaining when I went AFK around 1:30AM. Around 9AM I was still logged in, not dead, and in the same spot I left myself. My fishing rod was gone (broken from use), and all the loot in the chest was caught on that one rod while I was afk. I forgot to look at my XP but I was around lvl25 when I went AFK so I'm assuming I also went up some levels from fishing XP. With the farm there is also a fishing rod replenishing system so you can fill a dbl chest with fishing rods and whenever the rod you're using breaks it will give you a new one and just keep going. Of course, it won't take long to just get a mending rod doing this and then the XP from fishing keeps the rod at 100% so the rod dispensers become redundant anyways, but....

My farm isn't ready for public use yet but really you should probably want to build your own near your farms/afk locations anyways. Doesn't take a ton of materials to build and nothing too complicated I'd bet everybody already has everything needed to put one together. There's a few different variations I built the panda afk fish farm. The video was labeled for version 1.9 and the video itself talked about 1.7 I think but it still works for our version. Make sure its the version with the iron door and make sure it says it works for SMP. There are repeaters involved that you might need to adjust to get the timing right in order for it to work and when the server gets laggy it might not work at all but seemed to work fine all night for me. Arch/Klaz I think you guys were on while I was afk fishing last night was there any out of the ordinary lag last night that might have been caused by my fishing? There's another version of the same farm with a fence and a sticky piston instead of an iron door. This one is supposed to work for 1.11 (but still works for 1.10) because in 1.11 the door version doesn't work anymore. I was having trouble getting it to work reliably so I switched it over to the door version and it worked a lot better so IMO I'd go with the door version and it will work unless/until we upgrade the server to 1.11.

So really, if you're going to be afk somewhere anyways you might as well be afk fishing too. The only downside is you have to be truly afk. You can't just have minecraft in the background and be doing something else on the computer. The reason is because you need to be constantly spamming right click in order for it to work so minecraft has to be active and the mouse has a specific area to point at and can't be moving. (And you gotta find a way to hold the mouse button down or there is a trick where you can right click and press F11 at the same time or remap the right click button to a key and hold the key down or find some software that can simulate holding down a key or mouse button you can figure out how you wanna do this part on your own. maybe there is even a way to do it where it will work and you can do something else on the computer while it's working idk).
EspeciallyTheLies
EspeciallyTheLies
Survivor
EspeciallyTheLies
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #19103 (ISO) » Thu Sep 29, 2016 11:30 am

Post by EspeciallyTheLies »

how do you afk autofish in vanilla?
Art is cool.
davesaz
davesaz
He
Survivor
davesaz
He
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #19104 (ISO) » Thu Sep 29, 2016 11:32 am

Post by davesaz »

From the youtube, looks like in a nutshell it's build structure, tape down right mouse button, profit!
Wanna play Minecraft with your ms friends? Check out the minecraft thread, or the channel on discord
Rhinox
Rhinox
Mafia Scum
Rhinox
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #19105 (ISO) » Thu Sep 29, 2016 12:25 pm

Post by Rhinox »

Yup

Though I had success doing the Right Click + F11 at some time technique to make the game think I was continuously holding the mouse button without having to actually tape it down.

Oh and the exp from afk fishing got me from level 25 to level 32.
Klazam
Klazam
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Klazam
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #19106 (ISO) » Thu Sep 29, 2016 7:00 pm

Post by Klazam »

In post 19101, Maruchan wrote:
In post 19099, Klazam wrote:Honeyopolis Bay
No
Maru- wasnt me that said that- was M who did, take it up with him

---

Rhinox, No lag whatsover last night- did you see what i said about where to build your maze? theres an convenient 30x30x30 slot in the mountain wall facing the bay that could fit one. what do you think?
Maestro
Maestro
They/Them/Any
Jack of All Trades
Maestro
They/Them/Any
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Pronoun: They/Them/Any

Post Post #19107 (ISO) » Fri Sep 30, 2016 5:52 am

Post by Maestro »

Maybe be a little more specific; I knew the area and had to think about what you meant when you described it to me. Maru, it's gonna be called Honeyopolis Bay. Get over it, bish.
davesaz
davesaz
He
Survivor
davesaz
He
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #19108 (ISO) » Fri Sep 30, 2016 5:59 am

Post by davesaz »

I'm not sure why, but my bobber doesn't rise to the top fast enough to make the afk fish farm (outside my back yard) work. :(
Rhinox
Rhinox
Mafia Scum
Rhinox
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #19109 (ISO) » Fri Sep 30, 2016 8:02 am

Post by Rhinox »

In post 19106, Klazam wrote:Rhinox, No lag whatsover last night- did you see what i said about where to build your maze? theres an convenient 30x30x30 slot in the mountain wall facing the bay that could fit one. what do you think?
I didn't see that. I'll stop by and take a look next time I'm on but 30x30x30 actually might not be big enough. I figured I'd need about 40x40x40 to build a maze that was about equally as complex as the pyramid maze I built before. 30x30x30 would be about half as complex as the pyramid. Making it pretty is also an issue because I've done some quick calculations and I'd need to go collect over twice as many raw materials (based on the design in the pics I posted) as the pyramid and then still end up with a maze only half as complex/difficult. I think the pyramid took me a month so I could still be 2-3 months away from finishing a maze (if I used the design in my pics). I could use other more efficient materials, or make it smaller/less complex, or go back to 1x2 pathways and get done quicker.

Best option right now might be to plan on making a less complex maze that fits in with the design scheme of the Gauntlet/Arena Castle thing you guys are building, and then sometime later on I can build the bigger/more complex/nearly impossible super maze as a standalone thing once I'm further along on the server.
Last edited by Rhinox on Fri Sep 30, 2016 8:12 am, edited 1 time in total.
Rhinox
Rhinox
Mafia Scum
Rhinox
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #19110 (ISO) » Fri Sep 30, 2016 8:12 am

Post by Rhinox »

In post 19108, davesaz wrote:I'm not sure why, but my bobber doesn't rise to the top fast enough to make the afk fish farm (outside my back yard) work. :(
I had to tinker with the repeaters to adjust the timing to get it to work right for me. In the video I saw all the repeaters were just set to the first click. I moved 1 of them all the way up to 4 (can't remember which one) to make the door stay open a few tics longer and that did the trick for me. You also need to aim just right so if its not working you can try to adjust where the mouse is pointing a little bit and try again. I think somewhere between 1/3 and 1/2 from the bottom is where it usually works for me. Last thought, I found the timing of when you start holding down right click matters as well. I try to hit and hold right click as soon as the door opens in the cycle and it usually floats in the water first cast. I can stop by when I get on in a few hours and take a look if you haven't got it figured out by then.
davesaz
davesaz
He
Survivor
davesaz
He
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #19111 (ISO) » Fri Sep 30, 2016 8:19 am

Post by davesaz »

No matter whether the door is open or closed, it immediately reels instead of doing empty right clicks on the door. Are you aiming at the door block behind the water, or at the door above the water? Neither one of those worked for me...
Rhinox
Rhinox
Mafia Scum
Rhinox
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #19112 (ISO) » Fri Sep 30, 2016 8:35 am

Post by Rhinox »

definitely need to aim at the water/door behind the water. When the door is closed it should always do empty right clicks without casting. When the door opens it should cast/retrieve into the water and then when the door closes while the bobber is in the water it should stop retrieving and go back to empty right clicks with the bobber in the water. The bobber should activate the trip wire to stop the door cycle so it just keeps empty right clicking until a fish pulls down the bobber which lets the door open and then your retrieve/recast immediately.

Based on what you describe I suspect timing. I think the door needs to be open a little longer to have a longer window to get the bobber in the water before the door closes again. If you've tried adjusting where you look and when you start holding right click then another thought. I'll laugh at you if this is it, but... you remembered to put the string between the trip wires, right? :cool:
Maestro
Maestro
They/Them/Any
Jack of All Trades
Maestro
They/Them/Any
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #19113 (ISO) » Fri Sep 30, 2016 9:19 am

Post by Maestro »

In post 19112, Rhinox wrote:[...] you remembered to put the string between the trip wires, right? :cool:
And you remember to use an Iron Door?
Rhinox
Rhinox
Mafia Scum
Rhinox
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #19114 (ISO) » Fri Sep 30, 2016 1:12 pm

Post by Rhinox »

So I just went over and checked out your fisher and idk if you worked on it since earlier but it seemed to work great for me. better than mine even I might switch my repeater delays back to the default setting.

here's where I was standing and where I was aiming. working perfectly for me. :shrug:

Spoiler:
davesaz
davesaz
He
Survivor
davesaz
He
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #19115 (ISO) » Fri Sep 30, 2016 3:19 pm

Post by davesaz »

Ugh, it's forge :( I guess I can have two profiles, one for afk fishing and the other for normal...
Maestro
Maestro
They/Them/Any
Jack of All Trades
Maestro
They/Them/Any
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #19116 (ISO) » Fri Sep 30, 2016 3:39 pm

Post by Maestro »

Huh?
davesaz
davesaz
He
Survivor
davesaz
He
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #19117 (ISO) » Fri Sep 30, 2016 3:54 pm

Post by davesaz »

The afk fishing works when forge is not there. Getting rid of all my client mods didn't do it, but taking out forge made it work.
Maestro
Maestro
They/Them/Any
Jack of All Trades
Maestro
They/Them/Any
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #19118 (ISO) » Fri Sep 30, 2016 4:07 pm

Post by Maestro »

Huh.
Maruchan
Maruchan
she/her
Jack of All Trades
Maruchan
she/her
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #19119 (ISO) » Sat Oct 01, 2016 1:15 am

Post by Maruchan »

Odd
Show
Join Now!

EspeciallyTheLies
EspeciallyTheLies
Survivor
EspeciallyTheLies
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #19120 (ISO) » Sat Oct 01, 2016 3:39 pm

Post by EspeciallyTheLies »

i had no problem doing it in my mmc instance with forge
Art is cool.
davesaz
davesaz
He
Survivor
davesaz
He
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #19121 (ISO) » Sun Oct 02, 2016 8:26 am

Post by davesaz »

Due to the extreme memory requirements and hellacious lag, there are only 3 or so people who have played at all on the 1.10.2 modded.
I'm thinking about downloading that save for davroe and minniepanda (if they even want it), and putting up a 1.7.10.

Any objections to that? Would more people be interested in a modded which works?
Any thoughts on modpacks? I'd be fine with just picking something that has mods that most people have liked in the past.
Nexus
Nexus
He
miss
Nexus
He
miss
miss

Post Post #19122 (ISO) » Sun Oct 02, 2016 8:29 am

Post by Nexus »

I would like to play a modpack that works - one of my main issues was that there were loads of unfamiliar mods and less mods that I was used to.
Trans rights are human rights.
Maruchan
Maruchan
she/her
Jack of All Trades
Maruchan
she/her
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #19123 (ISO) » Sun Oct 02, 2016 4:46 pm

Post by Maruchan »

i get horrendous lagskips where it'll freeze for a tick and then skip forward that make vanilla almost unplayable, so I haven't even attempted to TRY modded yet, for fear of worse.
Show
Join Now!

Porochaz
Porochaz
Oh, Prozac
Porochaz
Oh, Prozac
Oh, Prozac

Post Post #19124 (ISO) » Mon Oct 03, 2016 12:59 am

Post by Porochaz »

Well I had to stop skyblock because it took about 10-15 minutes to log in and when I did the lag was so bad that it was unusable. It got worse the more advanced the skyblocks got... (also I was on the server to much and needed to do other things)
Mostly retired. Unless you ask or it's something interesting.

Return to “The Arcade”