Goon
Goon

Post Post #2 (isolation #0) » Wed Sep 14, 2016 9:19 am

Post by SkiddishRaddish »

I am
cackling
and
groaning
at how terrible I botched this game. (I hope at least the forums will be able to get use of it as an example of what
not
to do!)

I didn't want to give up the jig on the first day because
Spoiler:
that's not information I wanted the mafia to have right away. I was hoping that Map Wolf would have been hammered and the mafia would thought of me as such a crap player that I wouldn't have been on their radar for the night. I had considered saying "I am a power role but I won't say which because I don't want the mafia to know" but I doubted anyone believing me by that point, or even that people would see the post and have enough time to consider it and change their minds. (That hint was ridiculously silly and I'm not writing anymore of them at 3 am ever again. But Map Wolf was right, I wanted to write it subtly enough that maybe not everyone would catch on and maybe the mafia wouldn't understand it. Lol)

Boring is saying in post 339 that if no one counterclaimed I would have been cleared, but the mafia could have obviously countered/said "pssst, yeah right!" if I gave up a specific role. If played right it could have probably given them a very strong town read coming into day 2 or beyond. I guess that's why I also freaked out when attention was growing on me, "no don't look at me, I'm a power role, look at the mafia! Let me fade into the background!"

The mafia now know what kind of setup they're in.

@Goodmorning

Spoiler:
Sorry if I got too hostile towards you.
In post 339, boring wrote:That is, unless scum had some other reason to feel threatened by her. It makes me wish that she was a lot more open about her reads yesterday.
This makes me wonder if boring is mafia. Like, maybe she killed you for that random connection you made towards the end of the day. Alternatively, the mafia killed Goodmorning like
knowing
that might direct attention towards Boring, among other reasons.

What were you going to say after I got lynched? What nmego12345 connection were you making? Thoughts on Kuror0 and Dongempire/jon_h61?

Thoughts about players's posts
:
Spoiler:
In post 337, LmkGuy wrote:wooooooooooooow, that was a fucking interesting nightkill. Fuck I feel bad now, I should have trusted my gut that skid was town, but I think I was reading her posts with too much bias! Alright well I'm going to have a re-read of a few things with the lynch/nk in mind and post the thoughts that I mentioned end of D1
I've read somewhere that someone reacting to the nightkill is usually a scum tell. I don't quite believe in tells (especially on their own), but considering the rest is basically a non-post, and he's parroting the kind of language I was using,
and
the way he hammered when the deadline was on pause ...all makes me heavily reevaluate my town stance on LmkGuy.
In post 339, boring wrote: While it's true that she'd have probably been night-killed for it, she'd have had a fighting chance to perhaps jailkeep her would-be killer, and we'd have had another shot at lynching scum at EOD. It would have been better than nothing.
I would think the mafia would have
definitely
kept me alive if I survived the lynch. I was looking so scummy that to kill me during the night would mean more suspicion to float around and direct towards them during the next gameday/following gamedays.
Also, unless if I've read the wiki wrong it seems that mafia roleblockers overrule jailkeeper powers when applicable, so it would have been moot. I'm surprised Boring doesn't know that already.
In post 338, boring wrote:The reads on my slot's predecessor were mixed.
If I'd have to go back and check, but as I recall most people were town reading/town leaning nmego, with only few spots of scumminess at the beginning. Boring is near universally townread, so that makes me "hmmm" at her.

I'm liking Map Wolf the more and more the game goes on. His "whys" are too simplistic for my taste, but I think he has great instincts and good observations. I'm routing for him to not be town.

Very curious at to what happened to Platinum_Fleece at the end there. Did life just get in the way? What would she done/voted/said about the situation if she got a post in?
SkiddishRaddish
SkiddishRaddish
Goon
SkiddishRaddish
Goon
Goon

Post Post #4 (isolation #1) » Wed Sep 14, 2016 11:58 am

Ahahaha! Thank you Grapes. :] (I was wondering if you were facepalming or laughing at everything going on!)

Well, this game told me that understanding theory
is not
understanding how to best apply it, and I still definitely have a lot to learn in Mafia. :lol:
SkiddishRaddish
SkiddishRaddish
Goon
SkiddishRaddish
Goon
Goon

Post Post #8 (isolation #2) » Thu Sep 15, 2016 4:13 pm

I'll try to not to clutter the dead thread by posting too often, but seeing as this was my first game on the site I definitely want to stay up-to-date on how it progresses too. :]

Wow, what happened between day 1 and day 2 that everyone's behavior has gone topsy turvy?
Spoiler:
Some people seem
very
intent on not utilizing the entirety of the gameday. We're like three realtime days in, chill guys. I also cannot believe people are giving out reads without any reasoning as to the
why
they read it that way and
no one
is calling them out on it.

I can't fault them for focusing on it, but they're getting too narrowed in on the lost pr/pr claim and completely bystepping the last questions I posed to people, and I presume they're already being lost in the dust.

So far LmkGuy and Boring are who I'm reading as scum, but towards the end Kurur0 made his way up my list and hasn't climbed back down yet. You're right Goodmorning, jon_h61 is hard to read.

Other Thoughts
:
Spoiler:
@Galagya
: I read your post 371, noted for next time.

I almost wonder if people keep mentioning Galagya's carousel style of writing (instead of being more direct) if it's to create a bad impression of Galagya, to make others (subconsciously) more keen on voting him. It certainly meanders, but I really don't see it as bad as people are painting it.
In post 378, LmkGuy wrote:I think part of the reason I scum lean him is because I don't really fully read all of his posts.
That's worrisome. If LmkGuy is town then this is a dangerous way to play the game.

Boring's tone strikes me as much more aggressive than day 1, why the switch?
In post 392, boring wrote:@Map Wolf - Any last defense, thoughts, reads?
In post 314, LmkGuy wrote:"Map Wolf for lynch 2016!" is the general theme.
If LmkGuy doesn't find Boring's statement considering what he wrote about me, then I'd be shocked if he isn't scum.
SkiddishRaddish
SkiddishRaddish
Goon
SkiddishRaddish
Goon
Goon

Post Post #10 (isolation #3) » Fri Sep 16, 2016 10:08 am

In post 9, goodmorning wrote:You should clutter the hell out of the Dead Thread, it makes it way more fun. That's pretty much the whole point of it.
I wondered if I was writing too much, but ahh great then. :D
In post 9, goodmorning wrote: Spoiler 1: Reasoning isn't always necessary. People rarely listen to/answer the dead.
That seems like a bad idea to me since their posts are probably the most trustworthy material to go off of, but each playstyle to their own I guess.
In post 9, goodmorning wrote: I wasn't kidding when I said we've deathtunneled before.
Deathtunneled? Like digging too much into what the dead said?
In post 9, goodmorning wrote: Spoiler 2: boring could conceivably be Scum who gained confidence due to successful NK and dead PR.
I still cannot believe no one has brought up the fact that the mafia knows the full setup now. I'm kinda wondering if the setup includes the bullet-proof townie, in which case post 339 was a subtle nudge to anyone who's a power role to come forward once pressured, but she's striking me as very confident/aggressive so I feel as though the jailkeeper might have been the only power role. Tho, this is all assuming my "Boring and LmkGuy are scum" guess is correct.
In post 412, boring wrote: Have your reasons for suspecting LMK changed or expanded? Or is it simply for hammering Skiddish?
Boring would find her answer back in post 251, which was before I got lynched.
In post 407, Map Wolf wrote: Well why would a scum call that they knew someone was pr?
Probably to earn town cred.
SkiddishRaddish
SkiddishRaddish
Goon
SkiddishRaddish
Goon
Goon

Post Post #14 (isolation #4) » Sat Sep 17, 2016 9:29 am

In post 11, goodmorning wrote: The problem with that is that being dead doesn't mean you're necessarily right.
Yeah, you're right. :oops:

Ahh.
In post 12, grapes wrote:Not 100% sure what Map wolf was on about with the jon replacement but it doesn't take all but an hour or two to read 13 or so pages. Let alone the solid 18-24 hours left of night there were after I announced it.
Idk. To read sure, but to respond? Especially just joining the game? My posts could take me hours.
In post 12, grapes wrote: But the really funny thing. Is platinum_fleece just requested a replace out because the game was
moving too fast

What on earth amirite?
Can you imagine some of these newbs - if we just dropped em into a large theme?
Ohh man, poor Platinum! The chemistry of this game just seems so
off
I'm excited to see how their replacement will shake things up.

I'm not sure what Map could say at this point to save himself. If he's not scum then this game is almost good as done as a town loss since people are hardly scumhunting but are clamoring to finish the day early. (Totally my fault tho, if only the day one loss.)
SkiddishRaddish
SkiddishRaddish
Goon
SkiddishRaddish
Goon
Goon

Post Post #19 (isolation #5) » Sun Sep 18, 2016 6:20 am

Very low key indeed.

@Grape's spoiler
:
Spoiler:
Wait, that was spoilered because Map
is
Mafia? Dang, I was really hoping my Boring/LmkGuy theory would turn out correct.
In post 438, Galagya wrote:*We lost our PR(Skiddish) to mislynch D1.
No clue who might be Map's partner, but this was an interesting slip up if it's Galagya. It's doubtful that there's another power role in this game, but only the mafia would know at this point if they exist.
SkiddishRaddish
SkiddishRaddish
Goon
SkiddishRaddish
Goon
Goon

Post Post #23 (isolation #6) » Tue Sep 20, 2016 6:21 am

Me neither, even if Map Wolf flips scum then there's still another scum to catch and no one is attempting
any
scum hunting to find them.

Spoiler:
In post 495, Galagya wrote: It's crazy to me that you seem to feel no remorse for it, or that you aren't trying to plug your sinking ship. No matter your side, I don't get why you'd do that.
Good point.

However, if Map Wolf is scum and if Galagya is his scum partner (a lot of ifs), then Map's actions in this second day might be just a ruse. Since he was already looking scummy and nearly lynched, Map Wolf might have just tried to look more scummy to allow his scum partner (Galagya) to distance himself and a better position to win the game.
SkiddishRaddish
SkiddishRaddish
Goon
SkiddishRaddish
Goon
Goon

Post Post #31 (isolation #7) » Wed Sep 21, 2016 9:54 am

In post 24, goodmorning wrote:I've been wrong before, but I think he's just low-hanging fruit here.
Pretty sure too, but noting possibilities where I see them.

Lol Grapes.

This is so awful right now. I kinda want someone to hammer already so they can get to day three and realize their mistake, even if it's probably too late to fix it by then.

In post 517, boring wrote: Obviously, if this is something I could come up with as a newbie player, I imagine it's something any newbish person might do.
Disagree. Boring might be able to come with such an idea and it's good to keep in mind that a player might try this, but not every newbie will think of such a plan, or have the skill to pull it off, or they'll try a radically different tactic.
SkiddishRaddish
SkiddishRaddish
Goon
SkiddishRaddish
Goon
Goon

Post Post #33 (isolation #8) » Wed Sep 21, 2016 4:59 pm

sON
OFAAA

Well, (hopefully) welcome Map Wolf!

Got any thoughts you want to talk about?

Galagya's gonna get so much crap when the thread reopens, but I hope he (is townie and) was on the right track.
SkiddishRaddish
SkiddishRaddish
Goon
SkiddishRaddish
Goon
Goon

Post Post #36 (isolation #9) » Wed Sep 21, 2016 10:22 pm

I was going back and forth on people, would have probably settled on gooodmorning, but I feel like her flip was somewhat dependent on mine so who knows if that would have done anything.
SkiddishRaddish
SkiddishRaddish
Goon
SkiddishRaddish
Goon
Goon

Post Post #38 (isolation #10) » Wed Sep 21, 2016 11:28 pm

It's cool. That's what newbie games are for!
SkiddishRaddish
SkiddishRaddish
Goon
SkiddishRaddish
Goon
Goon

Post Post #42 (isolation #11) » Thu Sep 22, 2016 5:23 am

What's a gambit?
SkiddishRaddish
SkiddishRaddish
Goon
SkiddishRaddish
Goon
Goon

Post Post #44 (isolation #12) » Thu Sep 22, 2016 9:23 am

:eek:

But they have this game in the bag!!

:facepalm:
SkiddishRaddish
SkiddishRaddish
Goon
SkiddishRaddish
Goon
Goon

Post Post #48 (isolation #13) » Fri Sep 23, 2016 6:35 pm

Don't get what?

If you mean Jon_h61 as a night kill, I can see some reasoning as to why. Super sparse iso, not too much to glean from it.
Or maybe it's part of this gambit, who knows.
SkiddishRaddish
SkiddishRaddish
Goon
SkiddishRaddish
Goon
Goon

Post Post #58 (isolation #14) » Mon Sep 26, 2016 1:01 pm

In post 596, boring wrote:but at some point, a lack of contribution at LYLO suggests someone's trying to
lie low
:giggle:

I don't quite get what's going on. I guess Gamma is mafia then because he's jumping around so crazily at this point?
In post 550, Gamma Emerald wrote:So my theory was that Lmk was keeping Skid's wagon open as a possibility, but I don't know if Skid was a lurker/VI, which would indicate Lmk as likely scum if my theory was right.
I mean, Gamma could just check the game thread (to see if anyone complained if I was lurking) or my iso (where he could find timestamps and me saying that I have a busy semester), but I guess not seeing it in realtime just isn't the same.
In post 593, boring wrote: For my part, I'm withholding my vote until I'm ready to stake the outcome of the game on my read.
"Until I'm ready to hammer because I'm mafia, mwahahaha!" JK.
SkiddishRaddish
SkiddishRaddish
Goon
SkiddishRaddish
Goon
Goon

Post Post #60 (isolation #15) » Mon Sep 26, 2016 4:59 pm

In post 598, Gamma Emerald wrote:Mmmm, don't like this. Kuror, you will share.
Gamma's trying to Jedi mind trick Kurur0.
SkiddishRaddish
SkiddishRaddish
Goon
SkiddishRaddish
Goon
Goon

Post Post #65 (isolation #16) » Sat Oct 01, 2016 5:08 am

Oh, it's that close?

My current guess is Gamma and Boring, but I've been wrong before.
SkiddishRaddish
SkiddishRaddish
Goon
SkiddishRaddish
Goon
Goon

Post Post #68 (isolation #17) » Sun Oct 02, 2016 3:09 pm

FIGHT FIGHT FIGHT

Man, I hope town lynches right, it would really turn this game around. If Gamma turns out to be town I want to know his thought process during this game day because I just can't follow what he's trying to do.
SkiddishRaddish
SkiddishRaddish
Goon
SkiddishRaddish
Goon
Goon

Post Post #70 (isolation #18) » Sun Oct 02, 2016 3:33 pm

Oh I agree with you on that, but three out of five players have V/LAs that end tomorrow so at least if they lynch right then whoever's left can still duke it and make the mafia feel some actual pressure in the coming game day.

(I'm impressed that Gamma put up a V/LA actually, he's probably been the most active player this game day.)
SkiddishRaddish
SkiddishRaddish
Goon
SkiddishRaddish
Goon
Goon

Post Post #72 (isolation #19) » Sun Oct 02, 2016 5:07 pm

True.

I cannot understand
anything
of what's happening in the main thread right now. But at least the activity seems to be picking up. :)
SkiddishRaddish
SkiddishRaddish
Goon
SkiddishRaddish
Goon
Goon

Post Post #75 (isolation #20) » Mon Oct 03, 2016 8:17 am

Ahh ok.

It seriously is.
SkiddishRaddish
SkiddishRaddish