farside22
Mafia Mum
farside22
Mafia Mum
Mafia Mum

Post Post #8575 (ISO) » Tue Oct 11, 2016 10:23 am

Post by farside22 »

In post 8574, McMenno wrote:
In post 8573, Almost50 wrote:So Yume passed away as a martyr to save the rest of us? *Sigh*
This quite changes a lot.

@MoI:

We need to agree on a 3rd for our alliance and get them to confirm they're submitting us both as well. I'll let you pick, but I don't want anyone "questionable", as it's already has been announced that I might end up with a shitload of info/analysis from RR that I would need to pass along.

Also, a reminder: Since The Cluster already went off then we no longer need to worry about not using night actions. In other words, all investigative/informative/protective Town Roles are free to perform their actions tonight.
this is not true, keep foregoing night actions
What this guy says ^
Sarcasm is just a way of saying how stupid you think someone is but in a more polite way.
TheWayItEnds
TheWayItEnds
Jack of All Trades
TheWayItEnds
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #8576 (ISO) » Tue Oct 11, 2016 10:26 am

Post by TheWayItEnds »

In post 8560, TheWayItEnds wrote:
In post 8263, TheWayItEnds wrote:
In post 8256, farside22 wrote:
In post 8255, TheWayItEnds wrote:farside what happens if you reach your win condition?
I leave the game with a 3rd party win condition flip.
what happens if you get lynched again?
farside.
As the last rays of sunlight fade, one killer chases another through the tangled madness of the city.
A flash of steel announces the presence of his quarry.
The stage is set.
The night explodes.
Almost50
Almost50
Monkey Business
Almost50
Monkey Business
Monkey Business

Post Post #8577 (ISO) » Tue Oct 11, 2016 10:56 am

Post by Almost50 »

In post 8557, Titus wrote:Oh and Farside

http://forum.mafiascum.net/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=67827

There you go.

I was a gunsmith that lasted for several days and caught scum every day but one with the checks when working with Shiro. The latter half was me.

So with all do respect, I am damn good at this game when going and no bullshit distractions.
And you had to bring up this game right here and now?? WHY DON'T YOU EVER LISTEN TO ME REGARDING MY SCUM READS ON D1?? WHY?? :evil:

Modded 2 Opens & 2 Large Themed games successfully.
Reasonably Rational
Reasonably Rational
Mafia Scum
Reasonably Rational
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #8578 (ISO) » Tue Oct 11, 2016 11:12 am

Post by Reasonably Rational »

In post 8572, farside22 wrote:
In post 8571, Reasonably Rational wrote:
In post 8570, farside22 wrote:
In post 8569, Reasonably Rational wrote:
In post 8568, Titus wrote:
In post 8565, Reasonably Rational wrote:
In post 8538, Not Chara wrote:i'm glad we didn't. there was no way farside was responsible for that Yume kill.
Walk me through the reasoning please? I'll reciprocate, but I'm trying to figure out why you're dismissing Farside as a suspect.

Also we should have been the one's to hammer, regardless of who it was. Anyone who doesn't realize why
really
hasn't been paying attention.

~Drixx
There is absolutely no link between Farside not triggering the event and her alignment.

Why kill Yume
now
? At that particular moment, the heat was coming off Farside. Giving six additional days and resetting doesn't make sense for Farside if she has the trigger.
I <3 you Titus. I really wanted to see what Not Chara would say though. Like .. really really wanted to see reasoning for that opinion from NC.

~Drixx
There are times I feel your questions are full of fluff and some false comments seem to be your Forte currently.
Not sure why.
I personally think Titus is mistaken and that the pressure flowing away from you made it
precisely
the right time for a scum!you to drop a bomb like that. It keeps you alive and took the focus away from you, which you desperately needed because Titus was only going elsewhere today because she couldn't get you lynched today.

But that's really beside the point, isn't it? I wanted to know what Not Chara had for reasoning, because it's not enough for someone to just express a position with no substantiation.

And could you be any more obvious in attacking the slot you know can ensure your death? I mean... seriously. Just kill us tonight if you're that worried about it.

~Drixx
And I could have hammer voted snarky but someone said to wait

Gee do you think scum was more frigtened by my ability there.
Moi sure would be up shit Creek with a Snarky scum flip.
I wasn't remotely on the table at that point.

At what point are you going to respond to the question I asked about scum not voting beach event.
I totally love you dancing past that question. :roll:
I answered the question a long time ago. Once again you're back to making shit up and hoping people won't take a look for themselves. And the weirdest thing is that you dropped your scum read on us, but you keep making posts like this.

In any case, I answered the question ages ago and I have no interested in replacing Titus as your "let's shit all over the thread" dance partner. Find someone else.

~Drixx
Show
"We'll see who is bad at mafia after I've lynched you." - RadiantCowbells

"Reasonably Rational was bubbled on Day 2. They were Lapis Lazuli, aligned with The Crystal Gems"(town) - Varsoon

A hydra of Drixx and Cerberus v666
Varsoon
Varsoon
Scatman
Varsoon
Scatman
Scatman

Post Post #8579 (ISO) » Tue Oct 11, 2016 11:46 am

Post by Varsoon »

In post 8489, grapes wrote:
In post 8411, Varsoon wrote:
The Scum Factional Event "Message Received" has occurred and been resolved.
:right: As a result, Yume has been killed. However, due to another effect in the game, Yume's role information will not be revealed at this point in time and the stress will not change as a result of this kill as of now.
:right: This Event has caused the stress to increase by 1, towards Tragic Destiny.
Well then.
It is only now that I realize I messed up and called this Event 'Message Received' when it was actually 'Remote Detonator'.
Fix'd.
MagnaofIllusion
MagnaofIllusion
has been killed Night 1
MagnaofIllusion
has been killed Night 1
has been killed Night 1

Post Post #8580 (ISO) » Tue Oct 11, 2016 11:49 am

Post by MagnaofIllusion »

In post 8573, Almost50 wrote:So Yume passed away as a martyr to save the rest of us? *Sigh*
This quite changes a lot.

@MoI:

We need to agree on a 3rd for our alliance and get them to confirm they're submitting us both as well. I'll let you pick, but I don't want anyone "questionable", as it's already has been announced that I might end up with a shitload of info/analysis from RR that I would need to pass along.

Also, a reminder: Since The Cluster already went off then we no longer need to worry about not using night actions. In other words, all investigative/informative/protective Town Roles are free to perform their actions tonight.
As long as it works I'll list you as my primary and no secondary. I thought grapes was the third but if you have other ideas use them as you primary and me as your secondary.
"I am a leaf on the wind ... watch how I soar!"

Pretty much Geriatric game restricted at this point ... unless there are players I REALLY want to play with.
Reasonably Rational
Reasonably Rational
Mafia Scum
Reasonably Rational
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #8581 (ISO) » Tue Oct 11, 2016 11:50 am

Post by Reasonably Rational »

Okay ... we didn't hammer?

Are alliances set? I can hammer if our count was off.

~Drixx
Show
"We'll see who is bad at mafia after I've lynched you." - RadiantCowbells

"Reasonably Rational was bubbled on Day 2. They were Lapis Lazuli, aligned with The Crystal Gems"(town) - Varsoon

A hydra of Drixx and Cerberus v666
TheFuzzylogic99
TheFuzzylogic99
Mafia Scum
TheFuzzylogic99
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #8582 (ISO) » Tue Oct 11, 2016 11:53 am

Post by TheFuzzylogic99 »

Vasoon
So Message receive was not resolved? or was both message recievd and Remote detonation were resolved?

RR
I got DGB at l1

I would like for DGB to claim before we hammer but the decision is totally up to you
farside22
farside22
Mafia Mum
farside22
Mafia Mum
Mafia Mum

Post Post #8583 (ISO) » Tue Oct 11, 2016 11:55 am

Post by farside22 »

In post 8578, Reasonably Rational wrote:
In post 8572, farside22 wrote:
In post 8571, Reasonably Rational wrote:
In post 8570, farside22 wrote:
In post 8569, Reasonably Rational wrote:
In post 8568, Titus wrote:
In post 8565, Reasonably Rational wrote:
In post 8538, Not Chara wrote:i'm glad we didn't. there was no way farside was responsible for that Yume kill.
Walk me through the reasoning please? I'll reciprocate, but I'm trying to figure out why you're dismissing Farside as a suspect.

Also we should have been the one's to hammer, regardless of who it was. Anyone who doesn't realize why
really
hasn't been paying attention.

~Drixx
There is absolutely no link between Farside not triggering the event and her alignment.

Why kill Yume
now
? At that particular moment, the heat was coming off Farside. Giving six additional days and resetting doesn't make sense for Farside if she has the trigger.
I <3 you Titus. I really wanted to see what Not Chara would say though. Like .. really really wanted to see reasoning for that opinion from NC.

~Drixx
There are times I feel your questions are full of fluff and some false comments seem to be your Forte currently.
Not sure why.
I personally think Titus is mistaken and that the pressure flowing away from you made it
precisely
the right time for a scum!you to drop a bomb like that. It keeps you alive and took the focus away from you, which you desperately needed because Titus was only going elsewhere today because she couldn't get you lynched today.

But that's really beside the point, isn't it? I wanted to know what Not Chara had for reasoning, because it's not enough for someone to just express a position with no substantiation.

And could you be any more obvious in attacking the slot you know can ensure your death? I mean... seriously. Just kill us tonight if you're that worried about it.

~Drixx
And I could have hammer voted snarky but someone said to wait

Gee do you think scum was more frigtened by my ability there.
Moi sure would be up shit Creek with a Snarky scum flip.
I wasn't remotely on the table at that point.

At what point are you going to respond to the question I asked about scum not voting beach event.
I totally love you dancing past that question. :roll:
I answered the question a long time ago. Once again you're back to making shit up and hoping people won't take a look for themselves. And the weirdest thing is that you dropped your scum read on us, but you keep making posts like this.

In any case, I answered the question ages ago and I have no interested in replacing Titus as your "let's shit all over the thread" dance partner. Find someone else.

~Drixx

Where did you respond
Last I check all you mentioned was dgb.
If I have to go through your iso with this and find nothing and I am alive day 4 I'm lynching your fence sitting ass
Sarcasm is just a way of saying how stupid you think someone is but in a more polite way.
TheFuzzylogic99
TheFuzzylogic99
Mafia Scum
TheFuzzylogic99
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #8584 (ISO) » Tue Oct 11, 2016 11:56 am

Post by TheFuzzylogic99 »

the big issue is that whatever is blocking our flips seems to be in effect.........I hope that Yume was not the only one who could stop the flips from being hiden
Varsoon
Varsoon
Scatman
Varsoon
Scatman
Scatman

Post Post #8585 (ISO) » Tue Oct 11, 2016 11:59 am

Post by Varsoon »

In post 8582, TheFuzzylogic99 wrote:Vasoon
So Message receive was not resolved? or was both message recievd and Remote detonation were resolved?
"Message Received" resolved its effects awhile ago. The point adding rule is still in play, and there's no news yet on if enough points have been added to alter the forecasted deaths on the season finale.
The Event that just happened and killed Yume was called "Remote Detonator".
And, now, before this flip, another Event will take place.
Bear with me.
Varsoon
Varsoon
Scatman
Varsoon
Scatman
Scatman

Post Post #8586 (ISO) » Tue Oct 11, 2016 12:11 pm

Post by Varsoon »

Peridot blinked, as if suddenly realizing something, before speaking up, "Actually, I had the brilliant idea to trap you Crystal Gems in an old Homeworld ship! Now that I think of it, I could reverse that signal to attract others and we could see what turns up!"

Seeming slightly peeved at the idea of being trapped by Peridot, Pearl sighed and relented, "Well, we wouldn't have fallen for any such thing. But if you think it could help, let's try it."

After some fiddling around inside of her escape pod, Peridot emerged with a surprised laugh, "Aha! There's already some clod trapped in there!"

Pearl gasped, "Are you sure it's a Homeworld entity and not just someone who got lost and wandered in?"

To that, Peridot just shrugged, "So what?"

"So what?! If an innocent sprung your little trap, we have to save them!"

Peridot shrunk from Pearl's fierce reply. "Well... we won't know until they escape the ship themselves, or..."

"Or what?"

She continued, worrying now about the consequences, "...or they aren't alive anymore."

The pair rushed to the old Homeworld Ship, hoping they could make it in time to ensure that they had trapped the right prey.

The Event "A Trap For Clods" has been activated.
This Event will be active until the start of the following Episode, Episode 4.
:right: As a result of this Event, Skybird has been temporarily removed from the game until Episode 4 begins.
Varsoon
Varsoon
Scatman
Varsoon
Scatman
Scatman

Post Post #8587 (ISO) » Tue Oct 11, 2016 12:14 pm

Post by Varsoon »

"Pearls aren't for this! They're for standing around, and looking nice, and holding your stuff for you... right?"
-Peridot,
Back to the Barn
VOTECOUNT 3.12 : LYNCH

DrippingGoofball (LYNCH):
Thefuzzylogic99, SnarkySnowman, MagnaofIllusion, Creature, Titus, Shiro, Firebringer, grapes, McMenno, Farside22, Not Chara

SnarkySnowman (2):
mastin2, TheWayItEnds
Farside22 (1):
Almost50
Shadow_Step (1):
Kraskaeaque

Not Voting (5):
Shadow_Step, Xkfyu, DrippingGoofball, Reasonably Rational, randomidget

With 20 Alive, it takes 11 to Lynch.
Deadline
: (expired on 2016-10-22 19:50:00)
The Current Stress is +2:

Last edited by Varsoon on Fri Oct 14, 2016 12:18 am, edited 1 time in total.
Varsoon
Varsoon
Scatman
Varsoon
Scatman
Scatman

Post Post #8588 (ISO) » Tue Oct 11, 2016 12:27 pm

Post by Varsoon »

Meanwhile, Garnet was busy with many other things. The Crystal Gems had suffered yet another loss, and between the few conscious members they had left, Garnet was on the search for a new ally. She immediately confronted Steven's Lion, whom had aided them on adventures before.

"Lion. I know you aren't the only one. Show me what you are hiding."

From within Lion's mane, out crawled a being larger than even Garnet, with colorful hair and a sharp smile. At this result, even Garnet, usually stoic, was overjoyed. "Bismuth! I can't believe you made it!"

With a jovial laugh, Bismuth gave Garnet a slap on the back, "Good to see you in operation, too! Where's the rest of the troop? Pearl? Biggs? Snowflake? Don't tell me you mounted a one-gem rescue mission, haha."

To this, Garnet simply shook her head, seeming somewhat dispirited. "Only Pearl and I remain. Amethyst and even Rose's son are in critical conditions. I had visions of you, so I went looking."

Bismuth wiped tears from her eyes, sniffling at the news, "How long has it been? I... are we still fighting Homeworld?"

To this, Garnet simply nodded, "Over five thousand years. We won, but Homeworld is coming back, and they have plans to destroy this planet completely. I have an idea of where we might find some of their agents. Let's go."

With that, they headed off, weapons in hand, ready to fight Homeworld's invaders off of their home.
Varsoon
Varsoon
Scatman
Varsoon
Scatman
Scatman

Post Post #8589 (ISO) » Tue Oct 11, 2016 12:41 pm

Post by Varsoon »

Yume's role information has been revealed.
Yume was Steven, aligned with
The Crystal Gems
Due to this flip, the stress has increased by 1, towards Tragic Destiny.
Steven's full role functions as follows:
[/color]
Spoiler:
Steven Universe, A Child With a Intergalactic Destiny
I have to protect you, what if somehow you get hurt? What do I do? I don't want that for you.
You are aligned with The Crystal Gems. You are a Gem and a Human.
Is it weird I'm getting numb to this?

[The mechanical effects of this ability have been redacted.]

Can we talk for a moment?

But at least I've got you. And you've got me! So stop leaving me out of this.

If you're the one protecting me, then who's the one protecting you!?

Two shot. Climax-Phase only. Target a player you are allied with--all killing actions directed at that player will be redirected to you instead.
If you use this power, any attempts made by other players to protect you from kills will fail.
During the Season Finale, you are refunded one shot of this power.
During the Season Finale, you may select two players with this power.

Steven, you could be using your dreams to connect with her mentally.

One shot. Climax-Phase only. Target a player and decide 'anonymous' or 'in character'.
You will receive a Climax-Phase-only PT with that player--this PT will persist the entire game or until you form a different PT with this power.
If you choose 'in character', you will be able to communicate in this thread via a provided alternate account.
If you choose 'anonymous', you will join this thread as your primary account.
During the Season Finale, you are refunded one shot of this power.

EVENT:
I spent the day with my mind in your body.

EPISODE EVENT: Exposition Only--Activate during Climax Phase.
PRIORITY: 0
REQUIREMENTS: +2 Stress or higher. Will fail if heading into LYLO.
Tied to the Flavor of the episode "The New Lars."
Target a player when you activate this Event.
You will learn that player's non-factional role information. This will yield fake-claims from scum.
You will be able to submit that player's action and alliance choices during the Climax Phase.
They will lose access to any alliance thread they would have had during this Event--you will take their place via an alternative account.
I will create a flavor-named account for you to use to access their alliance for the duration of the Episode.
At any point during the Exposition Phase, you may PM me to keep the chosen player from either being able to post or vote.
At any point during the Exposition Phase, you may PM me to change who the selected player is voting for.

How'd we get ourselves into this mess?

You are aligned with
The Crystal Gems
[The nature of this win-condition has been redacted.]
Varsoon
Varsoon
Scatman
Varsoon
Scatman
Scatman

Post Post #8590 (ISO) » Tue Oct 11, 2016 12:45 pm

Post by Varsoon »

It is now the Climax Phase of Episode 3.
The deadline to submit Climax Actions and Ally choices is:
(expired on 2016-10-14 00:00:00)
I will be resolving Climax Actions in:
(expired on 2016-10-14 03:00:00)

DrippingGoofball has been lynched.
However, due to an effect in this game, their role information will be kept private.
Because of this, their lynch will have no effect on the Stress.
The Current Stress is +3:
Varsoon
Varsoon
Scatman
Varsoon
Scatman
Scatman

Post Post #8591 (ISO) » Thu Oct 13, 2016 2:37 pm

Post by Varsoon »

DrippingGoofball's role has been revealed at this time.
DrippingGoofball was Jasper, aligned with the
Threats to Earth
Due to this, Stress has decreased by 2, towards 'Slice of Life'.
Jasper's full role functions as follows:

Spoiler:
Jasper, a Quartz Born in Battle and Fueled by Revenge
Every gem is made for a purpose: to serve the order of the Diamonds. Those who cannot fit inside this order must be purged!
You are aligned with the Scum Faction. You are a Gem.
Head to head, just like I like it!

Despite being aligned with the scum faction, they do not know who you are.
Furthermore, you do not know the scum faction's identities and you do not have access to any of their factional resources.
You may still direct the kill at the Climax Phase--if you elect to, your target will die instead of the scum team's intended target.
During a Season Finale, if you direct the kill, it will have enhanced priority--no ability may prevent or redirect it unless otherwise stated. This will also happen if Stress is ever at -2 or lower.

This planet ruins everything! Well, heh, except for me.

Any ability that targets you will fail. Events will still succeed.

I'm the only one who can handle your kind of power.

Instead of following the normal mechanics for allying, you will always force your allying target to ally with you.
You will learn your ally's alignment and what abilities, if any, your ally gains from an Alliance and you may submit their action for them.
While in the alliance, your ally is unable to submit actions or vote. Instead, you control their vote.
You may use the bolded vote tag [PLAYER NAME VOTE: TARGET NAME].

Nobody I ever fuse with wants to stay.

Once you have ended an Alliance with a player, you may never return to Allying with that player again.

EVENT:
The Breaking Point

EPISODE EVENT: Exposition Only--Activate this ability during the Climax Phase.
PRIORITY: 2
REQUIREMENTS: You may only activate this ability at +2 or higher Stress.
Flavor is tied to the Episode, "Bismuth."
The following information will be made publicly known:
During the Exposition of this Event, in addition for voting for a lynch all players may now also vote for a player to 'Shatter'.
This votecount follows the same voting rules that normal voting does.
If a majority vote is reached on the 'Shatter' vote, the voted player will be killed and only their alignment will flip. The Exposition phase will continue. One Stress will be added, towards Tragic Destiny.
2 Stress is subtracted, moving towards Slice of Life.
The following information is private and only known to you:
If a majority vote is not reached on the 'Shatter' vote, you are removed from the game for the following two Exposition phases.

Earth is a prison. And I got out because I’m better than this place. I only came back to finish you off.

You are aligned with
Threats to Earth
In order to win the game, your faction must equal or exceed the number of other surviving players left alive.
In order to win the game, at least one Threat to Earth player must be alive.

The Current Stress is +1:
Varsoon
Varsoon
Scatman
Varsoon
Scatman
Scatman

Post Post #8592 (ISO) » Thu Oct 13, 2016 4:00 pm

Post by Varsoon »

Upon reaching the dilapidated Homeworld Ship, Pearl and Peridot found its doors open. As she slashed away at the overgrowth, Pearl called out, "It's open!? What's that's mean? Did they get out?"

Peridot scoffed haughtily, stepping inside of the ship, "I said that they either escaped or got caught, although my trap was so genius, so..." She quickly perked up, pointing to one of the screens that still projected an image, "See! There!"

Pearl squinted at the archaic display, which illuminated the rusty interior halls of the ship. Sure enough, a gemstone was wedged inside of a trap room that had surely crushed its physical form and caused it to retreat to its gem state. They recovered the Ruby, Pearl bubbling it and sending it away to the Temple. Pearl mused, "Another Ruby? Homeworld must have sent a reconnaissance squad..." Her eyes shot open as she had an epiphany, "Oh no! I have to tell Garnet!"

Meanwhile, Garnet and Bismuth had trailed a gem experiment to the far outskirts of a nearby kindergarten, only to find a very bizarre scene--several corrupt gems, fusion experiments, and even humans were trapped here in makeshift prisons. Before they could work to free the injured, a lone figure appeared, walking in on the heels of a sandstorm the came with her. It was Jasper. She taunted the gems, calling out to them, "So you weaklings finally found me? This was a long time coming." Bismuth and Garnet immediately formed their weapons, leaping into combat, the pair working as a team to defeat the quartz warrior.

Many blows were struck, although Jasper soon found herself overwhelmed and cornered, gasping for breath, "You won't break me--you pathetic Gems, if only I had someone to fuse with, I could get revenge for my Diamond..."

At that, Garnet smashed her fist against Jasper's body, causing her to retreat back into her Gem. Bismuth stopped Garnet from bubbling her, interrupting, "Wait! This Jasper has been fighting us for over five thousand years? Why not put an end to it?"

Garnet slowly backed away from Bismuth, her voice wary, "I did not believe you would support such a thing..."

Bismuth pleaded, cracking an unsure smile, "If we don't shatter her, she'll just continue to fight us--look at all that Homeworld has destroyed! Isn't it time we take the fight back to them!?"

To this, Garnet tightened her grip around Jasper's gem, gritting her teeth. She knew what had to be done...

During Climax 3, Firebringer and Not Chara were both killed.
At this time, however, their role information will not be made public--the stress will not change as a result.
At the start of this Exposition phase, Skybird has been returned to the game, yet also has been killed due to the Event, "A Trap For Clods".
The Event "A Trap For Clods" has now fully resolved and is no longer ongoing.
Skybird was Eyeball, aligned with the
Threats to Earth
Due to this death, stress has been lowered by 2, towards Slice of Life.
Eyeball's role functions as follows:

Spoiler:
Eyeball, A Ruby In Need of Closure
I'm Ruby-1F4 Cut-4ND. I fought in the war for Earth.
You are aligned with the Scum Faction. You are a Gem.
At the very least, I thought Jasper might have some answers, but...

If you ally with any player, you will learn if they are a Human or a Gem.
So long as you are allied with a player, you are immune to all actions.

I never thought I'd get a chance like this.

If stress is at -2 or lower, your factional kill will have enhanced priority when overcoming protective effects--it can still be redirected or protected against by similarly 'enhanced priority' protection.
If only you and/or Jasper are the final living members of your faction, any factional kill you attempt will always have enhanced priority.
This kill will still fail on any non-legal target, such as any player that counts as 'out of game' for any reason.

What will the Diamonds say when they hear that a Ruby defeated Rose Quartz? They're gonna give me my own Pearl!

If no other 'Gem' characters exist outside of the scum faction, you gain control of a unique 'Pearl' account.
I will send the details of this account to you if this is ever the case.
This unique Pearl account will show up in the list of living players and on vote counts.
You can submit votes with this Pearl account--both you and this Pearl account can never be the only voting players on a lynch.
You can not post from this Pearl account otherwise.
This Pearl account may be voted for and affected by Climax actions.
This Pearl account can not form alliances.
Each Climax Phase, you may have this Pearl slot perform one of the following actions:
-This slot may protect any target player from being killed--any kills targeting the protected player will be redirected to the Pearl slot. This may not be used on consecutive Climax Phases.
-This slot may target any player to cause their submitted action to fail. This may not be used on consecutive Climax Phases.

EVENT:
Sworn to the Sword

EPISODE EVENT: Exposition Only--Activate this ability during the Climax Phase.
PRIORITY: 3--if used during Episode 1, it is priority 0.
REQUIREMENTS: You may only activate this ability at +2 or higher Stress. No requirements if used during Episode 1.
Flavor is tied to the Episodes, "Sworn to the Sword" and "Crack the Whip"
The following information will be publicly posted in the game thread:
If used during Episode 1, the following will happen:
You will form an alliance with the player with the flavor of 'Steven Universe'.
You will gain a double-vote for the rest of the game.
The following information is private and only known to you:
However, Steven will also become immune to any action submitted by you--only you will know this.
Steven will not be immune to your Pearl's actions or your -4 Stress Factional Kill.

If used during any other Episode, this Event has the following public effects instead;
Town may perform two lynches during this Episode's Exposition.
After one player is lynched, the player lynched will die, then the votecount and deadline will reset for a second lynch.

I got nothing else to lose.

You are aligned with
Threats to Earth
In order to win the game, your faction must equal or exceed the number of other surviving players left alive.
In order to win the game, at least one Threat to Earth player must be alive.

The current Stress is -1:

Varsoon
Varsoon
Scatman
Varsoon
Scatman
Scatman

Post Post #8593 (ISO) » Thu Oct 13, 2016 4:00 pm

Post by Varsoon »

Pearl and Peridot finally managed to catch up to Garnet, who was on her way back to Beach City's hospital with the injured humans in tow. Pearl began to speak, trying to warn Garnet about Jasper, before Garnet simply interrupted her, "We defeated Jasper. Bismuth didn't make it. I bubbled them both and sent them to the temple. Once we get these people back to the hospital, we need to start on the drill so we can stop the Cluster."

Pearl took a sharp breath, then nodded silently, adding, "Y-yes, that does cover everything."

Before silence completely overtook the group, Peridot squealed, pointing at a nearby creature that had wandered close to them. In the shadows, it looked almost like Steven, although once it approached, it was clear that the being was one of the various watermelon children that Steven had inadvertently created several months ago. The watermelon kid shuffled over to Pearl and gave her a hug before gesturing wildly. The watermelon child found a stick and wrote 'Steven' on the ground, then pointed to itself, making incomprehensible noise. Pearl looked down at it, then back up to Garnet and over to Peridot, "You don't think... Is Steven... controlling them?"

Regaining her composure, Peridot laughed, "Hah! He's not even all that big! What a little guy, ehehe." Her eyes trailed off and she noticed several dozen more approaching, which caused her to shriek and hide behind Garnet, "Th-there's so many of them!"

Garnet patted Peridot's head, calming her down. "They are our allies--Steven's army. We should have them round up any of the gem experiments that Jasper didn't."

As it turned out, the little Watermelon Stevens going to work was largely unnoticed by Beach City's residents, as many of them were preoccupied with a historical play that was being put on that day...

The Event, "Steven, Is That You In There?" has been activated and will be ongoing for the next 48 hours:
:right: All private threads except for alliances are locked for the duration of this Event.
:right: Once this Event ends, the Exposition phase continues as normal.
:right: For 48 hours, players may privately submit a target that they want to be lynched.
:right: Once that time is up, whatever player has the most votes will be put up for lynch.

The Event, "Historical Fiction" has been activated and will be ongoing for the next 48 hours:
:right: Every player may privately submit a message to the moderator claiming (and even lying about) which actions and alliances they picked during Episode 1.
:right: Any player who does not submit a claim will, by default, submit the phrase "I did not take any actions or pursue any alliances."
:right: All of the claimed information will be moderator-posted into the game thread.
:right: Three selected players' submitted claims will be amended to being the truth when posted into the game thread in this way.
Varsoon
Varsoon
Scatman
Varsoon
Scatman
Scatman

Post Post #8594 (ISO) » Thu Oct 13, 2016 6:13 pm

Post by Varsoon »

As a note, for "Historical Fiction," you are claiming which players you submitted for Alliance during that Climax Phase--not who you were in an Alliance with, although you can claim that information as well if you so desire.
Furthermore, these claims will be made into being purely factual reflections of what was claimed--you can't use this event to communicate fluff or flavor, etc.
Varsoon
Varsoon
Scatman
Varsoon
Scatman
Scatman

Post Post #8595 (ISO) » Fri Oct 14, 2016 1:16 pm

Post by Varsoon »

Firebringer's role has been revealed at this time.
Firebringer was Mr. Smiley, aligned with
Earth
Due to this, Stress has increased by 1, towards 'Tragic Destiny'.
Mr. Smiley's full role functions as follows:

Spoiler:
Mr. Smiley, Arcade Owner and R&B Singer
You know what an old friend of mine told me once? A little smile never hurt anybody!
You are aligned with the Town Faction. You are a Human.
You kids want another lifetime ban?

Once per game, you may target a player to cause them to be unable to take part in any Events or use any Events of their own for the rest of the game.

Yeah. You can say we're a little "fun-derstaffed."

You may only use this ability if you are in an alliance or if stress is at +2 or higher.
During the Climax Phase, you can give one of the following powers to another player:
One-shot, Climax Phase, form a Neighborhood with a player that allows for chat for the rest of the game.
One-shot, Exposition Phase, Vote for a player twice.
One-shot, Exposition Phase, Lock a player's vote in place for the rest of the Exposition.
You can only give out each of these abilities once, but your choice of one is refunded during the Season Finale.
Furthermore, during the Season Finale, you may hand out all three of these abilities to separate players--this does not cost against your usual limit.

EVENT:
All this running around. I'm not even in a union.

EPISODE EVENT: Exposition Event--Activate during the Climax Phase.
PRIORITY: 2
REQUIREMENTS: None. Can not be used during the Season Finale.
Tied to the Flavor of the episode "Too Short to Ride."
Reduce the Stress by 2.
The following information will be publicly posted in the game thread:
For duration of the Episode, players may submit their highscores in the following games:
http://www.cartoonnetwork.com/games/ste ... index.html
At the end of the Episode, the players with the highest score in each game will receive the following choice of rewards:
One-shot kill protection, consumed when next targeted by a kill,
One-shot Climax-Phase Stress Reduction (Resets Stress to Neutral),
or One-shot Climax-Phase prevent a player from taking any actions and being affected by any actions.
If a player has the high-score on multiple games, they only get one prize, but then also earn the grand prize:
One-shot, Climax-Phase, Form a permanent alliance with another player of choice. This alliance will exist in addition to any other alliances you form.

I'm glad you seeing the humor in it, Steven, because I haven't seen a bed in six days!

You are aligned with
Earth
In order to win the game, all threats to Earth must be removed from the game.
In order to win the game, at least one Earth-aligned player must be alive.

The Current Stress is Neutral (+0):

I'm also a little bummed out that this Event never happened because I love some of those games.
Varsoon
Varsoon
Scatman
Varsoon
Scatman
Scatman

Post Post #8596 (ISO) » Sat Oct 15, 2016 3:32 pm

Post by Varsoon »

Both of these Events will resolve in 12 hours.
Here is the Countdown:
(expired on 2016-10-16 14:30:00)
Varsoon
Varsoon
Scatman
Varsoon
Scatman
Scatman

Post Post #8597 (ISO) » Sat Oct 15, 2016 3:36 pm

Post by Varsoon »

We now return to your regularly scheduled programming...
Varsoon
Varsoon
Scatman
Varsoon
Scatman
Scatman

Post Post #8598 (ISO) » Sun Oct 16, 2016 3:29 am

Post by Varsoon »

Progress on the drill that would save the planet was well underway when the Watermelon Stevens returned, carrying back a tied up gem creature. They pointed their various makeshift weapons at it, ready to destroy it where it cowered. One particular Watermelon-child rushed between the crowd and the monster, shaking its head. They all lowered their weapons, Pearl gasping, "...Steven? Is that you?"

After properly bubbling the creature, the gems went back to work, pouring their best efforts into making a machine that could withstand the pressure inside of Earth's mantle. Greg eventually wandered by, bringing news that Steven was doing well in the hospital, lightening everyone's moods. Furthermore, Mayor Dewey had, apparently, funded quite the play about his ancestor discovering and founding Beach City. Pearl scoffed at the idea, insisting that the Gems had been here all along, but she was surprised by the few shreds of truth that did end up in the retelling that Greg gave.

For once, it seemed as though everything would work out, despite all that had happened so far. Even Peridot was happily contributing, putting aside her typical hang-ups about Garnet and Pearl in order to save the home that she was coming accept as her own.

The Event, "Steven, is that you in there?" has fully resolved.
:right: As a result of this Event, no player has been lynched.
:right: Due to the Event resolving in this manner, Stress has been reduced by six, towards 'Slice of Life.'

The Event, "Historical Fiction" has fully resolved.
:right: The following list reflects submissions given by all players within the game, including dead ones, about which Ally they picked during Climax 1 and which actions they committed on both Exposition 1 and Climax 1.
:right: Three of the following claimed sets of information are guaranteed to be true, with regards to the information outlined above.
:right: Any additional information provided was done so purely voluntarily and is not guaranteed to be true.
:right: As a reminder, players who submitted nothing for this Event or who submitted their information too late were defaulted to 'No Ally pick, No Action taken.'
:right: This Event has no bearing on the Stress.

Titus:
Targeted Creature. Allied with DGB. They did not activate their IC ability or Thief Ability.
Klingoncelt:
Allied with DGB. No Action.
SirCakez:
No Ally Pick. No Action.
Shadow_Step:
No Ally Pick. No Action.
Xkfyu:
Allied with Almost50. Sent a Useless Hunk of Metal to TheFuzzyLogic99.
Skybird:
Allied with Farside22. Triggered "Sworn to the Sword" Event. Was allied with Foxbird. Attempted to kill grapes.
Almost50:
Allied with Sir Cakez. Triggered "Joy Ride," targetting Farside, Cakez, CooLDoG & Firebringer.
Shiro:
Allied with randomidget. Was allied with Firebringer. Attempted to retain communication with Firebringer.
DrippingGoofball:
No Ally Pick. No Action.
Farside22:
Allied with Skybird. Roleblocked Shiro.
Yume:
Allied with Reasonably Rational. Took no actions.
Mathblade:
No Ally pick. No Action.
Reasonably Rational:
Allied with Yume. No Action.
Grapes:
Allied with Not Chara. No Action.
Mastin2:
Allied with Creature. No Action. Had no Ally.
Not Chara:
No Ally Pick. No Action.
Kraskaesque:
Allied with McMenno. No Action.
MagnaofIllusion:
Allied with Klingoncelt. No Action.
McMenno:
Allied with Kraskaesque. Sent Pizza to Titus.
Firebringer:
Allied with no one. Took no actions.
TheFuzzylogic99:
Allied with CooLDoG. No Action.
SnarkySnowman
No Ally pick. No Action.
Creature:
Allied with Shiro. No Action.
randomidget:
Allied with Creature. No Action.
TheWayItEnds:
No Ally pick. No Action.
Varsoon
Varsoon
Scatman
Varsoon
Scatman
Scatman

Post Post #8599 (ISO) » Sun Oct 16, 2016 3:52 am

Post by Varsoon »

"This is the Cluster. A massive, artificial fusion composed of millions of Gem shards. It has laid dormant for thousands of years within this planet's crust. When this Gem activates and takes its form, the result will be catastrophic!"
-Peridot,
Back to the Barn

VOTECOUNT 4.0

Not Voting (17):
Titus, Shadow_Step, Xkfyu, Almost50, Shiro, Farside22, Reasonably Rational, grapes, mastin2, Kraskaeaque, MagnaofIllusion, McMenno, Thefuzzylogic99, SnarkySnowman, Creature, randomidget, TheWayItEnds

With 17 Alive, it takes 9 to Lynch.
Deadline
: (expired on 2016-10-30 15:00:00)

KEEP BEACH CITY WEIRD:I have a bunch of things to tell, but I don't know how to organize them, so here they are (in no order of importance):
  • I could find out what nature of a fabled local ghost (you probably know what I'm talking about), but I'll have to wear a mask (Does the mask even matter?). Keep the stress up for that!
  • If I die, take a look at who I allied last time. Also, some of you might already know who I am.
  • If this looks pretty screwed up, take a look at my previous post. Maybe you can readjust this message?
So far this message has 102 words.

The Current Stress is -4, SLICE OF LIFE:

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”